Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Ninjago Discussion

12345679»

Comments

• jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 665
    Wasn't #40490 supposed to be available on the website starting today?
    Assuming that there was stock left to be sold, of course...
    sonatine01
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,204
    edited July 1
    jnscoelho said:
    It’s up for sale on [email protected] in the US currently, but oddly still says “coming soon” in Portugal… I would keep checking back today…
    jnscoelhosonatine01
    jnscoelho said:
    It’s up for sale on [email protected] in the US currently…
    When I asked it didn't show up yet, but now it's up saying "Coming soon".
    KungFuKenny
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 739
    Hopefully it’s in decent supply, just couldn’t bring myself to spend £85 on Ninjago at RRP. Not that I could get to a Lego shop either to be fair.
    KungFuKenny
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 289
    For a change I can say a Lego set is well worth the money. #71741Ninjago City Gardens is a great build with lots of variety and very little repetitive build parts although it is necessary on many builds. Save up for it. My only problem I have is that to build it again I have to deconstruct it!
    jnscoelho560HeliportLyichirCymbelineKungFuKennyAanchirThe_Studsnowhitie
    Ninjago Brickheadz now showing out of stock rather than coming soon in the UK. 

^ Ninjago City Gardens is definitely on my wanted list but I’m still hoping for a decent discount at some point. I’m don’t think a £25 Brickheadz is enough of a discount for me to bite.
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 939

^ Ninjago City Gardens is definitely on my wanted list but I’m still hoping for a decent discount at some point. I’m don’t think a £25 Brickheadz is enough of a discount for me to bite.
    Not sure if it's the same in the UK but in the US sales on big D2C sets like Ninjago CIty Gardens are EXTREMELY rare—some of the only times I've ever seen it happen are when stores discount sets with damaged boxes, which isn't a reliable enough occurrence to really count on. And while this isn't saying you necessarily need to get it with this promotion if you don't care much about the BrickHeadz, the aftermarket price of the previous two Ninjago City sets is quite high so you should be a little wary of putting off getting this one for TOO long...

Fizyx
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,663
    Agreed.  I managed to get the original city when Smyths were doing a discount for handing them a Toys R Us card at the same time as another reduction, and the docks again from them with (I think) 20% off.  But for the gardens I just went direct to shop at home when there were a couple of promos on I wanted.
    Lyichir said:

Not sure if it's the same in the UK but in the US sales on big D2C sets like Ninjago CIty Gardens are EXTREMELY rare—some of the only times I've ever seen it happen are when stores discount sets with damaged boxes, which isn't a reliable enough occurrence to really count on. And while this isn't saying you necessarily need to get it with this promotion if you don't care much about the BrickHeadz, the aftermarket price of the previous two Ninjago City sets is quite high so you should be a little wary of putting off getting this one for TOO long...

Yeah it’s not normally too bad for discounts in the UK on D2C sets. I’m only looking at 15-20%, which as TheOriginalSimonB says Smyths or somewhere similar should do. Either way I’ll hold on for a bit longer and if the Brickheadz don’t come back in stock it won’t matter anyway. 

There are a fair few regular Ninjago sets i like but they’re regularly discounted at amazon at 40% or more.
    KungFuKenny
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,687
    sonatine01 said
    <snip>

There are a fair few regular Ninjago sets i like but they’re regularly discounted at amazon at 40% or more.
    This hasn’t been true in the US lately either.
    FizyxKungFuKenny
    Ninjago Brickheadz has just come back in stock and available to buy on its own.
    KungFuKennyPate5346
    ^ @jnscoelho just in case they’re available in Portugal to.
    KungFuKennyPate5346jnscoelho
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 289
    Managed to catch #40490 Ninjago BrickHeadz at the store up in Jacksonville!
    560Heliport
    ^ @jnscoelho just in case they’re available in Portugal to.
    Thanks for the heads up :)
    sonatine01
  • NioMarvin83NioMarvin83 FargoMember Posts: 7
    Wow! Thanks @ CM4S, I hope everything is in order and we can see more of your great pictures on other topics as well. Since wall work Lego does not ask to remove the drawings, then everything is fine and we can enjoy your creativity.
    Looking forward to new summer sets, with other dragons. The weird thing is that Lloyd hasn't had a new dragon since 2013 when he was a golden ninja, now that he's a green ninja again, it would be nice for him to get a new dragon. I will wait suddenly to release a new collection.
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG North AmericaMember Posts: 250
    Wow! Thanks @ CM4S, I hope everything is in order and we can see more of your great pictures on other topics as well. Since wall work Lego does not ask to remove the drawings, then everything is fine and we can enjoy your creativity.
    Looking forward to new summer sets, with other dragons. The weird thing is that Lloyd hasn't had a new dragon since 2013 when he was a golden ninja, now that he's a green ninja again, it would be nice for him to get a new dragon. I will wait suddenly to release a new collection.
    Technically he has had a couple since then. In 2016, if I recall correctly, he got his NRG Dragon. In 2017 there was also the Green Ninja Mech Dragon, though that was both a mech and a The LEGO Ninjago Movie set. The Jungle Dragon set from this year is also basically a Lloyd dragon, as he appears with it in the set and had the most interaction with it in The Island from what I saw. Puts his total at five, not counting the Legacy remakes of the Ultra and Golden Dragons.

By comparison,  Jay and Kai have each had four dragons (plus a couple remakes of Kai's original 2011 dragon); Cole and Zane have had three; Wu has had two; and Nya's sitting at one. Of course, Kai and Nya also shared the Fusion Dragon.
    The Jungle Dragon is more a lizard than a dragon...
    Actually, NINJAGO uses the term dragon in a very broad sense. This year's Legacy Fire Dragon is indeed a dragon, but the Jungle one and Nya's not really...

But this is more of a LEGO problem than a NINJAGO one. The Elves theme also had consistency problems between its dragons.
    KungFuKennyPumpkin_3CK5
    jnscoelho said:
    The Jungle Dragon is more a lizard than a dragon...
    Actually, NINJAGO uses the term dragon in a very broad sense. This year's Legacy Fire Dragon is indeed a dragon, but the Jungle one and Nya's not really...

But this is more of a LEGO problem than a NINJAGO one. The Elves theme also had consistency problems between its dragons.
    Why is a lack of consistency a problem, exactly? To be honest there's few dragons in either Ninjago or Elves for which "dragon" wouldn't be the first description to come to mind. Some people might nitpick between things like "dragons" and "wyverns" but to be honest I don't think that sort of variety being labeled as dragons across the board creates any real confusion. And I greatly prefer having that kind of variety to themes as dragon-heavy as those trying to force all their dragons to conform to one "consistent" body plan.

560HeliportdatsunrobbieiwybsSearchlightRG
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,710
    Mushu and Smaug are both dragons, so there's a bit of a range to cover.
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
    Wyverns? 🤔
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,673
    Wyverns? 🤔
    Wyverns have two legs; dragons, four. 
    Astrobricks
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,174
    Are you guys D&D nerds?
    560HeliportLyichireggshen
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,614
    *insert Simpsons nerd meme here*

Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddssssssssssssssss!!!

(My 17 y/o loves D&D)
    gmonkey76Fizyx
    So the set numbers for the Seabound sets skip 71751. There's nothing on Lego.com or Brickset for that number. Is it just a set that won't get released? I'd like to see mini-subs for Nya and Jay. A 71751 would fit in the $30 range, so how about a Ninjago equivalent to #75280 501st Legion Clone Troopers: the two mini-subs, Nya, Jay, Master Wu, three or four Maaray Guards, and perhaps another small build.
    Bumblepants
    edited August 13
    Are you guys D&D nerds?
    I’m the one who didn’t know what a wyvern was. So, no nerds here. Nope, definitely none. ;-)

Wyverns? 🤔
    Wyverns have two legs; dragons, four. 
    So, kind of a D-Rex then. :D
    560Heliportpxchris
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 640
    If every dragon Lego produced followed the same design, I wouldn't buy them.
    Bumblepants560HeliportTheOriginalSimonBpxchrisgmonkey76iwybsKungFuKenny
    So the set numbers for the Seabound sets skip 71751. There's nothing on Lego.com or Brickset for that number. Is it just a set that won't get released? I'd like to see mini-subs for Nya and Jay. A 71751 would fit in the $30 range, so how about a Ninjago equivalent to #75280 501st Legion Clone Troopers: the two mini-subs, Nya, Jay, Master Wu, three or four Maaray Guards, and perhaps another small build.
    *Whiny voice*But Jay and Nya didn't have subs in the show!!!!!*End whiny voice*

Honestly, a set like that sounds fine to me; it'd be nice if they made it easier to get Scuba Nya. I think I'd go with Seabound Ray and Maya over Jay and Wu, personally.
    560Heliport
    Another Seabound set (especially one with Jay and Nya subs) would be great, but I wouldn't necessarily count on it. Set numbers getting skipped happens relatively often for unclear reasons. Maybe it could sometimes be because a set got cancelled relatively late in development? Hard to say.

I will say that if a set with Jay and Nya subs does come out, it might complicate a sort of pipe dream I've been working on where I mod the Hydro Bounty to fit all four current subs (with two copies of the set). Adding a third Hydro Bounty to that could be pushing it in terms of both the length (which might start to look comical) and perhaps more importantly, the cost (since the Hydro Bounty is an expensive set to get one of, let alone three).

Heck, at this point I wish I could get ahold of even one copy of the Hydro Bounty. I've been feeling down and could use a pick-me-up, but no stores near me seem to have it in stock and even ordering from Amazon would apparently take it until the end of next month to get to me (possibly because of COVID-related trucker shortages?). It's a major bummer...

I did manage to pick up Nya's Water Dragon on my last trip out to the store, which is a nice set. The length is quite impressive, though I'm not 100% satisfied with the motion of the wings (I get the kind of undulating motion they were going for but in practice it's less effective than I'd hoped for).
    560Heliport
    edited September 28
    I am considering ordering (from B'n'P) enough hull, ramp, and canopy pieces to triple the size of the hold, building my own subs for Jay and Nya, and maybe changing the design to have three modular holds- so I could have the Hydro Bounty with 0, 1, 2, or 3 holds. This would add at least 15 inches (38 cm) to the length.
    @SearchlightRG I've never seen the show, so building something that never existed there won't bother me at all!
    KungFuKenny
    @560Heliport it wouldn't particularly bother me either. I just know that certain fans don't like it when the sets don't match up with what's in the series. For instance, Kai and Cole didn't get scuba outfits in the show, yet they received them in the sets, and some fans have complained about that. Personally, I'm just glad that all the Ninja got included; it irks me when they come out with new Ninja suits but only some of the Ninja get them. I mean, I get that Nya didn't become a Ninja until later so obviously she wouldn't have versions of some of the earlier suits, but when they do things like not giving her a Dragon Master, FS, Spinjitzu Burst, or Epic Battle variant I get annoyed. She's not the only Ninja it happens to either, though if any Ninja does get left out it's pretty much guaranteed that it's going to be Nya.
    560HeliportKerreLyichirvanvonfull
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,663
    If length is an issue, go for a Hydro Bounty catamaran and put two hulls next to each other.
    560Heliport
    So...we gonna discuss the Promobricks set descriptions, or do we wait for an official release from Lego or a retailer?