Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• KrishtyKrishty GermanyMember Posts: 4
    That makes sense! Thanks KungFuKenny and Astrobricks; guess I’ll buy a few new 4719 and flatten them then :D
    560HeliportAstrobricks
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,559
    Krishty said:
    That makes sense! Thanks KungFuKenny and Astrobricks; guess I’ll buy a few new 4719 and flatten them then :D
    Gently after hitting them with a heat gun for a minute :)
    KungFuKenny
  • KrishtyKrishty GermanyMember Posts: 4
    Yes, I’ll do exactly that!

Here’s a close-up of the handle bar, and the fine edges show that it must have been twisted:

So I assume it was forgotten under a box over the summor or something like that … thanks a lot for your help!
    KungFuKenny560Heliport
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 692
    edited July 30
    More to ruminate on for the weekend. Do the red torso & legs below it go together?
    Never mind on that last question, stumbled across him just now- Deadshot from #76053 Gotham Cty Cycle Chase
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,830
    Other torsos are Han Solo (Solo), a female Mandalorian. Legs are Nexo Knights soldier and clockwork robot.
    gelkster
    gelkster said:
    More to ruminate on for the weekend. Do the red torso & legs below it go together?
    Red? Looks bright orange to me (until your follow up post).
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,617
    Looks more Dark Orange on my phone.
    Maybe Vibrant Orange :)
    560HeliportKungFuKennyBumblepants
  • sipusssipuss PolandMember Posts: 51
    Not sure if there's a better thread for this, sorry if this is not it.
    Got my hands on an sw0341 Commander Cody and as with any used minifig of decent value, I'm checking if the pieces seem like genuine LEGO. My question is, would anyone who owns that minifig be willing to check the markings inside the helmet? I don't have any other ones from that era, and most new helmets have the LEGO name somewhere on them. This one doesn't.
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 255
    I found this cape in a used lot I purchased. Both sides are dark red, one side is like velvet and the other is satin textured fabric. Does anyone know what Minifigure it goes to?

• M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 255
    I saw that one, but both sides of mine are dark red, and it is not spongey.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    I would look for the parts to the sets the Royal guards came in. If the parts are there then you've found your answer.
    @sipuss I have both versions of Cody, sw0196 and sw0341. It's possible their helmets have gotten swapped around, but both were bought NIB. The one on the left was on sw0341, the RH on sw0196. The LH has the LEGO inside, the other doesn't. Notice the difference in the four little spots on the lower edge. Your helmet might be the sw0196 version, and therefore authentic LEGO, but could also be a fake. I hope this helps!
    sipuss
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,997
    No Royal Guard I’ve ever seen in Lego has had a velvet finish on one side of their cape. I’m not sure it’s Lego because I just did a fairly extensive search on Bricklink for capes and couldn’t find one with a finish like that. 
    M_Boss
    @sipuss I have both versions of Cody, sw0196 and sw0341. It's possible their helmets have gotten swapped around, but both were bought NIB. The one on the left was on sw0341, the RH on sw0196. The LH has the LEGO inside, the other doesn't. Notice the difference in the four little spots on the lower edge. Your helmet might be the sw0196 version, and therefore authentic LEGO, but could also be a fake. I hope this helps!

I think there's a picture missing?
    Astrobricks
    M_Boss said:
    I found this cape in a used lot I purchased. Both sides are dark red, one side is like velvet and the other is satin textured fabric. Does anyone know what Minifigure it goes to?

My first guess would be Superman.
    sipuss said:

I think there's a picture missing?
    Oops! Sorry!
    Astrobrickssipuss
    @560Heliport mine seems to match the RH one, does it have the © sign inside, with I think "0", "1" and "2" digits around it?
    Thanks for doing this.
    ???
    sipuss said:
    @560Heliport mine seems to match the RH one, does it have the © sign inside, with I think "0", "1" and "2" digits around it?
    Thanks for doing this.
    © and a "0", "1", and "5". That might mean mine was from location 5 on the mold, and yours was 2. So either yours is authentic, too, or a really good fake!
    sipuss
    edited August 6
    gelkster said:
    ???
    Would you like clues or answers? Clues: the LH torsos are from one subtheme, the center torso from its (approximate) opposite; the legs go with all three torsos. But with yellow hands, it goes with the other two. The RH torso is from a sidekick.
    I guess answers; I sense the game aspect wasn't regarded too highly.
    oldtodd33
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,830
    M_Boss said:
    The only velvet finish standard capes I have seen are from knock off brands.
    edited August 6
    sipuss said:
    Thanks for doing this.
    © and a "0", "1", and "5". That might mean mine was from location 5 on the mold, and yours was 2. So either yours is authentic, too, or a really good fake!
    That's as certain as I'll ever be. Thank you very much for your help and sorry everyone for derailing the thread a little.
    The RH torso is from a sidekick.
    Well, a former sidekick, really...
    560HeliportMaffyDgmonkey76
    gelkster said:
    The two LH torsos are from 2017 CITY Jungle, the middle parts are from 2018 CITY Arctic, and SH481, Nightwing from 2018 Mighty Micros.
    gelksterAstrobricks
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    gelkster said:
        I thought it was fun, different anyway. 
    560Heliportgelkster
    edited August 9
    For the bottom one I searched 
    Buckle
    Pouch
    Harness
    Strap
    Zipper
    Wow & we've owned half of those Jurassic World sets for yrs now 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
    Maybe the 's' is silent.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,701
    Brickset. Just switched to a Logitech G910 keyboard a couple of days ago. After using a MK710 for a few years it is a huge switch, but much close to the DEC LK401 that I used daily for 20+ years.
    Astrobricks
    Brickset. Just switched to a Logitech G910 keyboard a couple of days ago. After using a MK710 for a few years it is a huge switch, but much close to the DEC LK401 that I used daily for 20+ years.
    Ahhh, DEC. Good times 😀
  • BannersBanners UKMember Posts: 4
    Hiya,

Trying to identify this specific Emperor minifig obtained as part of a bundle a couple of years ago. I had it logged as SW0124 but my son now thinks it's not. As shown in the attached pic, the face and tunic prints are different and it has dark grey hands, not light grey. Grateful for any input. Cheers!

• JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,487
    Hi, is it possible that this is a non-Lego figure? I'm no expert, but I couldn't see anything that matches the face or torso on BrickLink.
    Do the stud on top of the head and inside the legs have the "Lego" logo stamped on them? What does the inside of the torso look like?
    KungFuKenny
    Thank you!

The legs have the Lego imprint, but I can't make out one in the head stud, nor anything in the torso...

As you say, I can't find anything on Bricklink either, so guess it's not the real deal.

Thanks again.
    KungFuKenny
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,487
    The inside of the torso does *look* Lego-ish, but the print still doesn't match any of the legitimate figures in BL. The weave on the cloak also looks too coarse. You probably need a SW expert to look into this further!
    @CapnRex101
    Banners
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,328
    edited August 22
    As @JudgeChuck suggests, this does not look genuine. The cape is indeed too coarse and the head does not match any real Palpatine minifigures. I think the components are probably genuine LEGO though, especially because there is faint LEGO branding inside the stud on the head.

Perhaps this is a custom minifigure somebody has created, using decals or printing on real LEGO elements.
    Banners
    Thank you, Rex – I appreciate your expert input. The boy will still enjoy playing with the minifig nonetheless. Cheers!
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 125
    I like the look on the face of the knock-off Palpatine.  The half closed eyes give him a kind of 4:21 expression.  Less angry, more mellow.
    Yellowcastle
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 793
    Not LEGO, but anybody know where these figs came from?

Bumblepants
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,146
    edited August 23
    LEGO Batman from McDonald's Happy Meals?
    gmonkey76andhe
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,005
    looks like they got left on a hot stove.
    gmonkey76davetheoxygenman
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,997
    That Joker is cursed!
  • paleshadowpaleshadow USAMember Posts: 4
    Hi all. I'm wondering about the origin of this sticker: 

My childhood space sets (such as 894, 6822, 6881, etc) appear to have release dates in the range 1979-1984. I've looked through sticker sheets and space set inventories from that date range plus a few years on either side but have come up empty. Hopefully someone will just recognize it?
    gelkster
    Oh fantastic, thank you!!  In fact I have a copy of #6000 idea book sitting right here, but whatever sticker sheets it came with are long gone (both physically, and from my memory!). 

This is great -- also explains a number of other pieces with stickers that I hadn't gotten around to trying to identify yet.
    560HeliportSwitchfoot55
    All that remains after the destruction wrought by 5-year-old me:

560HeliportBumblepantsgelksterandhegmonkey76