Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Surprising appreciation

2»

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,057
    I mentioned in another thread (because I forgot this one existed) I just discovered Possessed Lloyd is worth more than I paid for my entire City of Stiix set he came in. Right up there with a Lego goat. I knew Lloyd had some popular figures but didn't realize how much so. The Target cube one is a shocker too.
    AstrobricksMr_CrossSumoLegoReesesPiecesMynatt
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,034
    I mentioned in another thread (because I forgot this one existed) I just discovered Possessed Lloyd is worth more than I paid for my entire City of Stiix set he came in. Right up there with a Lego goat. I knew Lloyd had some popular figures but didn't realize how much so. The Target cube one is a shocker too.
    I guess it's time to go through my kids' toy bins and see if I can reassemble all these Lloyd figures...
    Bumblepantsdatsunrobbie560Heliportoldtodd33mak0137
  • bamaker1bamaker1 North TexasMember Posts: 27
    Dang, looks like I sold my Target cube and City of Stiix about 18 mos. too early
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 472
    I also have those cubes. I bought them, put them in storage, and forgot they existed until reading this post. If we all try to sell them now we're all probably going to flood the market and drive down the price. So I'll hold on to mine.
    560HeliportAstrobricks
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,495
    Tkatt said:
    I also have those cubes. I bought them, put them in storage, and forgot they existed until reading this post. If we all try to sell them now we're all probably going to flood the market and drive down the price. So I'll hold on to mine.
    Cartel, cartel! :-D ;-)
    560HeliportMynattKungFuKenny
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 793
    I’ve been piecing sets together from some bulk lots and some of it is early Ninjago like the Fire Temple and the Fangpyre Truck. I was shocked to see what some of the figs are going for, especially the Fangdom General. 
    560HeliportBumblepantsgmonkey76KungFuKennyherbyderby
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 363
    edited August 5
    Was thinking about opening a big set this weekend from my small backlog for something to take my time over and enjoy. Went to look at the pages for each of them on Brickset to go through some of the pictures and see the piece count to decide which to pick: #70922 or #21310
    Then I made the terrible mistake of scrolling down to the "current value" and I don't think I can open either of them now. Holy appreciation Batman!
    The Old Fishing Store only cost me about €113 new and it's going for over €300 on Bricklink.
    The Joker Manor was even more surprising, about €187 new, now well over €400 there. Even more shocking are the prices the Disco Joker and Disco Batman are going for.
    I have some soul-searching to do on this...
    YellowcastleBumblepants560Heliportoldtodd33KungFuKennyAstrobricks
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,668
    I assume you like building LEGO, that's why you're here, right? BUILD IT! Go read the first sentence of your post, then build!!! 😊
    iwybsvizzitorAstrobricks
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,920
    Or sell one and buy something else if you prefer to build a different set.

vizzitor
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 889
    Build the OFS, sell the Joker Manor.
    MarshallmarioThe_Rancordrdavewatford
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    edited August 5
    Sell them both. There is always more new Lego sets to build and there's nothing better than money in the bank. Matter of fact I also have spares of both sets so they are gonzo. 
  • SquirrelFromSpaceSquirrelFromSpace The MoonMember Posts: 47
    I think it only now dawned on me just how in-demand Clone Wars minifigures were. I didn't get many of the big sets of the theme when it was around, so most of my SW minifigure collection comes from either sets that ended up in the parts bin or battlepacks. 

Seeing both versions of Captain Rex command $40-$50 bucks was quite a surprise! That's not even getting into other clones. I don't envy anyone trying to army build or make a MOC that requires a ton of clones. I ended up just getting a custom Phase Rex helmet and put that on the minifigure from the Rebels AT-TE. Close enough! 
    560HeliportBumblepantsAstrobricksMynatt
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 152
    I just sold a used #5956 Adventurers Expedition Balloon for $100, and it was missing a couple of parts. Absolutely bananas what that zeppelin part is worth now.
    AstrobricksKungFuKenny
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 152
    Winter Village sets, particularly the Cottage and the Post Office. Both are nearing $300 used.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,685
    Winter Village sets, particularly the Cottage and the Post Office. Both are nearing $300 used.
    Much like the modulars, it’s not surprising that the WV sets appreciate a lot.
    YellowcastlemadforLEGO