Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Winter Village: What’s Next? What’s Missing?

Comments

• Flippi01Flippi01 Surrey EnglandMember Posts: 22
    eMJeeNL said:
    eMJeeNL said:
    To me it is - and a certain sir from the NW-US as well, at least.
    Yeah...this really is the biggest announcement of the year for me every year! It clearly doesn't hold the same level of significance for others. But, I do feel there is a good portion of the LEGO community that really enjoys the addition to the WV each year. 

I do think that this year with the series of large set releases each month that it may get a little lost in the shuffle. But I imagine it will sell well, regardless. 
    Ah, there he is ;)
    Well it’s great too see some excitement for this theme and reveal today looks like it might be a bust so all eyes on tomorrow..! 
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 500
    I look forward to this every year too.  This is what finally brought me out of my last dark age a few years back.  Saw all the cute holiday ornaments , Advent Calendars & Winter Village sets in my former local LEGO Shop & just couldn't resist.
    panchox1Flippi01
    With the early leak and radio silence since this is starting to feel a bit drawn out .... Friday 18th would be good for press release ..!! 
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,522
    It has trended later each year for the last four years. This will make 5 years running of it coming later. Back it up a handful of years ago and the announcement was made in mid-August. 

I'm hopeful for more pictures, but at this point an resigned to not a whole lot more until I have the set in hands. 
    Flippi01
    It has trended later each year for the last four years. This will make 5 years running of it coming later. Back it up a handful of years ago and the announcement was made in mid-August. 

I'm hopeful for more pictures, but at this point an resigned to not a whole lot more until I have the set in hands. 
    Still expecting an official press release before it goes on sale - so will have a good idea what we are getting before we physically get it ... I would have thought today Friday had a good chance of press release with the VIP release next Wed the 23rd ... as ever time will tell ...
    Finally revealed - looks cute with the triple bunk and fun chimney details ! I can’t really see what there is to not like ! 
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 915
    Well, it's here. It's fine I guess. I will likely try to de-fantasy it and make it into a log cabin or something.
    having had another look at it I really like it , can't help but thing these jovial fantasy sets are here to stay for the winter village theme (which is fine with me )
    KungFuKenny
    price at gbp 84.99 not too bad either 
    I really enjoy the full model and being able to see the interior. Great review on the main page by @CapnRex101! I think the set is really fun and will be a standout for my kids! 

I had hoped to see a price tag below $99.99 USD. But, for a set with nearly 1200 pieces, it was wishful thinking. I'll gladly add it either way to my village layout. 

Now, to stock BnP for some additional elements!
    panchox1FizyxKungFuKennyvizzitorautolycusMCNwakeboardCymbelineSumoLego
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,267
    I really enjoy the full model and being able to see the interior. Great review on the main page by @CapnRex101! I think the set is really fun and will be a standout for my kids! 

I had hoped to see a price tag below $99.99 USD. But, for a set with nearly 1200 pieces, it was wishful thinking. I'll gladly add it either way to my village layout. 

Now, to stock BnP for some additional elements!
    That molded reindeer surely added to the price...I like the design, but the waffle play function sold it for me!
    Switchfoot55vizzitorFizyx560Heliport
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,192
    That molded reindeer surely added to the price...I like the design, but the waffle play function sold it for me!

I definitely snorted when I saw the waffles and moved it up the priority list a few spots.
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,565
    looks ok to me, but both less good and more expensive than last year. maybe the reindeer is expensive, but they saved on minifigs by making them almost identical.
    bricktuary
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 284
    ^ Same price as last year, I thought...
    560Heliportpanchox1
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,928
    Looking back to last year's Gingerbread House, I still can't help thinking that it'd look so much better without that giant chimney in the middle of the house. Not to mention how odd it is to have an external fireplace.
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 169
    This really reminds me of a vintage wooden Christmas decoration, maybe it was part of the inspiration? Even the little fenced in area on the right.  What time (EST) do items go on sale at lego.com?  I missed out on getting the Cantina early, I want to make sure I have a chance to get this one when it is first available. 

• flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl BordersMember Posts: 190
    My Winter Village set arrived today, along with sloths! (in the form of Jungle Rescue). Wondering if I can fit the sloths into my Christmas display.

KungFuKennyBumblepants
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,813
    I don't see why not! :)
    KungFuKennyFizyxflowerpotgirl
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 456
    @flowerpotgirl Even sloths like to celebrate the holidays albeit very, very slowly! 
    KungFuKenny560Heliportflowerpotgirl
  • MeganLMeganL Chicagoland Outpost, Brickset TowersMember Posts: 131
    My Winter Village set arrived today, along with sloths! (in the form of Jungle Rescue). Wondering if I can fit the sloths into my Christmas display.

Those sloths can fit in anywhere!  You may see them make a cameo appearance in one of the next reviews I'm writing :-)
    560HeliportSAMAEL64KungFuKennySwitchfoot55flowerpotgirl
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,813
    MeganL said:

Those sloths can fit in anywhere!  You may see them make a cameo appearance in one of the next reviews I'm writing :-)
    Well, now I'll be disappointed if they don't! :)
    MeganL
  • flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl BordersMember Posts: 190
    MeganL said:
    I will look out for them! 
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 540
    edited October 2020
    The parts list is finally available on BnPs and of course the Reindeer is out of stock. Now starts the daily(hourly) checking.
    Switchfoot55Fizyx
    Go figure! I have been checked bi-daily for the last two weeks. I finally decided to pull the trigger on my order...of course it would open 12 hours later...
    Fizyx
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 673
    edited October 2020
    mustang69 said:
    The parts list is finally available on BnPs and of course the Reindeer is out of stock. Now starts the daily(hourly) checking.
    It also is priced at 0,00... Might that mean it won't ever go in-stock? Anyone who has ever checked such a thing?

1 seller worldwide @ BL; someone from Singapore asking €11,24 a piece...
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,175
    ^ I think that just means that it's never been in stock...
    KungFuKenny
    ^ and ^^ Hopefully its just an inconsistency, I see some others that show 0.00 that are out of stock but look like common peices.
    edited October 2020
    ^ Now has a price listed at $5.44 each, that's $43.52 for eight more (not including tax). Still out of stock though.
    MCNwakeboardSwitchfoot55SirBen
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,210
    This new sign by Lemax looks very familiar.

North Pole - check
    Santa's Workshop - check
    Reindeer Stables - MY 2021 PREDICTION
    Elves Bunkhouse (Elf Club House) - check
    Candy Cane Lane (Candy Lane) - check

Switchfoot55KungFuKenny
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,981
    I put my order in with the double points. 
    What is nice with this set is it makes my display easy. This, gingerbread house, Santa house, winter train... A pretty easy North Pole look. Owning essentially all the sets, and my own builds, there are too many sets  and  I can not put out every single set each year. 

panchox1
  • veyniacveyniac Northwest MinnesotaMember Posts: 297
    Well, it's that time of year again, and I really need to start thinking about what I am going to do for my Winter Village MOC. I am thinking of doing something along the lines of a live nativity with kids in costumes and cardboard cutout-looking animals, but I am not feeling very inspired about it. If someone could give me a few ideas or suggest something better, it would be much appreciated!
  • BrickchapBrickchap AustraliaMember Posts: 626
    Rumours have begun circulating about LEGO Creator Expert Winter Village 10293, which is the current known name of this year's set.

According to Pickle Bricks
    "There are no pertinent details other than that the set will retail for $99.99 (USD) and will release around the same time as the LEGO Ideas Home Alone Mccallister's House (21329) in late September—which will be right on-par with past LEGO Creator Expert Winter Village releases"

So what do people think?

If the $100 price is true then what I'm about to say is very unlikely but nevertheless Id like to see a 'Winter Village' (that would be the name of the set). It would be sort of like the 2008 Town Plan meets Hogsmeade Village Visit.

A town hall (which would ideally be reminiscent of a church but not officially), or a village hall (like a local hall with dancers in it or a charity dinner, something like that), then a cafe/restaurant and another village building.

Ideas I've thought of could be a sweet shop (may be too similar to the Hogsmeade set), a small village branch bank, a small cottage or a general store (which could include a sweet shop part). These would all be around the size of the first three WV buildings.

I do think the WV series needs some form of accommodation, be it a chalet, hotel, inn or B & B. I really liked the design of the Gingerbread House for a chalet hotel but sadly that design has already been taken.

In another thread my prediction was a reindeer barn.
    560HeliportMarshallmario
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,565
    if we didn't already have santa's house, it wouldn't surprise me if it were the next set.
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,108
    It never ceases to fascinate me how much people become obsessed with Christmas themed stuff at this time of year - it’s not even August yet! I probably would buy the Home Alone Ideas set on release though, and leave unbuilt til December like my advent calendars.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,863
    Hmm… UCS Advent Calendars. Every day is a 2500 piece set :)
    bricktuarygmonkey76iwybsReesesPiecesKungFuKennydavetheoxygenman
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,108
    I’d buy one
    Astrobricksgmonkey76KungFuKenny
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 915
    Well they've done Christmas trees, a Christmas train, carol singers, a toy shop and various santa and elves-related things.

I think all that's left to do is 10293 LEGO Creator Expert Disappointing Visit To Relatives.
    gmonkey76560HeliportYellowcastleCymbelineKungFuKennyoldtodd33TUSigmaChiSumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,527
    This is me kinda resurrecting a dead thread.  I am wildly speculating that we'll get a Candy Cane extruding factory.

Or an enormous Christmas er... Holiday Tree with a Town Square.  
    gmonkey76
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    Thank you @SumoLego
    SumoLegogmonkey76
    I had intended to create this thread today as has been my tradition for the last several years. However, it seems things have been renamed and cleaned up a bit, so I'll avoid starting a 2021 rumor thread. 

I have decided it is going to be a Winter Village Woodfire Pizza Cafe. Because, who doesn't want a traditional holiday woodfire pizza?
    BumblepantsBrickchapeMJeeNLgmonkey76KungFuKenny
    edited August 2021
    The more I think about it, the more I want a full on traditional Chinese restaurant. 😁
    560HeliportSwitchfoot55gmonkey76KungFuKenny
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 673
    Winter Village Cheese Fondue Restaurant! (Sewage Works included)
    SumoLego
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 134
    @Switchfoot55  Mmmmm..... Holiday pizza topped with turkey, stuffing, cranberries and a gravy sauce.    I may be tempted to try making one of those!   
    560HeliportSwitchfoot55gmonkey76
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 699
    The more I think about it, the more I want a full on traditional Chinese restaurant. 😁
    How about the one from "A Christmas Story"? probably not in todays political climate.... :-(
    Switchfoot55560Heliportgmonkey76KungFuKenny
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 664
    The reindeer need a good stables.  Fingers crossed.
    daewoo said:
    The reindeer need a good stables.  Fingers crossed.
    My money is on this or variant of 4 reindeers in a whimsical stables / trainee flying school type thing !!
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,175
    The meat for Christmas dinner needs to come from somewhere, so... Winter Village Butcher!

With attachment points for the following year's set... Winter Village Abbatoir!
    Switchfoot55CymbelineFizyx