Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Olympic Minifigures: Team GB

Comments

• AnseltheCatAnseltheCat Member Posts: 141
    I am more than happy to send on some of these when/if they arrive. I'm in Stratford so shouldn't have too many problems purchasing them.

^ I was hoping for a Sun promo over Easter, oh well, I'm sure it won't be too long until the madness starts again!
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    Please count me in among the Americans wanting these!
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^^ the newspaper promos are usually in May and October, so not long to wait until the first one now.
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    So do you think these mini figs will be limited to just LEGO brand shops and online or other UK retailers as well?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,834
    ^ I think our resident JL employee has already stated he's seen them on his store's stock list as well as the OP.
    Thanks Flump I was double checking ;)
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    I can't wait until I see some images of these figures.
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 509
    Olympic torch runner, please!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    ^ Yes!! Of course!
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,507
    Are we doing guesses? If so I'd go with swimmer (with s5 hat), fencer (with s4 foil), archer (with 'hawkeye' bow), torch runner, judo person and boxer?
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,984
    From what i remember there is a torch with the runner I think.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    My 'source' told me they were UK only. The rumours of Team GB outfits seem to back that up. I'm really excited at the prospect of them being in CMF blind bags, I'd assumed they'd just be re-using the standard Grand Opening 3 x fig boxes.
  • MultiversalMultiversal Member Posts: 29

I desperately hope these will be internationally available, at least in Lego stores if not just generally. And I hope there's more emphasis on the British part than on the sport part - personally I'd love a minifig torso with Union Jack on it. =)

^agreed. But if it's true that they are Team GB figs, they'll look like this - warning, outfits leave little to the imagination.
    edited April 2012
    ^That's the 2008 kit.
    I'm guessing, if it is Team GB and not just 'Olympic themed' (eg with the London 2012 logo), the figures will wear a variation on these kits http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17457729
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited April 2012
    ^ Im guessing it'll be team GB strip, so a little more abstract than that.

Either

or
    My bad. No wonder they looked familiar :O)
    I'm liking these quarter/half Union Jacks.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,984
    I gkt the email so pm if you want it now. ill post up tonight
    NOW!!
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    9 figures! Nice.
    @Lostintranslation i dont have your email. let me know and ill send it over to you.
    Oh yeah, that would help :-) Sent now
    ^ then send it on to me pls Lucy!
    ^ I suppose I could do that Andy...
    No dont tell him pike!
    They look awesome :)
    I must have them all...
    Every bit as good as I hoped for.
    Description says 8 GB themed, but there are 9 figs, on my phone so pics not great, who is the odd man/woman out?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,834
    They dooooooo look good! :o)
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    ^ Lets see then.
    The Equestrian lady looks great, nice torso print.
    Actually tbf they do all look really good.
    Weight lifter, gymnast, archer and boxer particularly.
    I like the boxer the best, shame there was no cyclist though.
    Have to say, considering it is one thing that GB do really well, I am surprised there is no cyclist.
    edited April 2012
    A bike would be a rather large accessory to include. What about the Equestrian? Where's her horse! This still strikes me all as a bit odd. But perhaps inevitable with all the existing sports accessories, but don't excite me as much as the regular CMFs. But explains why we haven't seen anything of series 8 yet.

I don't see an olympic torch runner either :(
    I don't mean to be the naysayer, but the wording is really bad in the email as well...

"Good Morning,

I am very pleased to announce that with the much anticipated arrival of the 2012 Olympics to the UKLEGO is now able to add to this experience with it its very own series of Limited Edition Minifigures

· A special edition licensed LEGO Minifigures Olympic edition

· 8 characters representing athletes in Team GB colours

· Developed for the UK mark and exclusively available in the UK"

Just saying... :P

@andhe - the thought has crossed my mind too, as it is really badly written and why aren't the figures on the usual CMF plates, but I'm clinging to the fact that people have heard rumblings from various sources and @stevenashby thinks they are showing in the JL system. I hope it's not a hoax...
    When I first saw the image and the text, I also thought it 'smelled' a bit off. But it'd be a rather strange hoax and like lost said, the multiple sources confirming this are enough to outweigh my suspicions.
    edited April 2012
    @LostInTranslation The picture is really shoddy. I'm not saying there won't be Olympic figs, but the combination of the email wording and design of these either scream 'prelim!' to me or 'custom!' not 'must have!'. Something just feels a bit 'off'.

"anticipated arrival of the 2012 Olympics to the UKLEGO is now able to add to this experience" what the heck does that mean?

"· A special edition licensed LEGO Minifigures Olympic edition" edition edition?

"· 8 characters representing athletes in Team GB colours" errr isn't there 9?

"· Developed for the UK mark and exclusively available in the UK" what's a UK mark?

Just saying... :P
    edited April 2012
    I mean, the last time we had multiple sources confirming a rumour was the May 4th promo, and that was spot on ;-)

(sorry, couldn't resist!)
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Sounds fishy to me.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    Can I preorder a set or 2 from someone in the UK? :)
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Tbh I think they're a bit boring. Perhaps we were spoilt with s7 but these are all a but plain. The most exciting thing is the blue boxing gloves which says a lot.

Could of been a nice chance to do something different like a fencer, instead another boxer, another tennis player etc.
    Hey, just thinking on it, @savage_steel has been very busy of late with the custom minifigs... anything you want to fess up to Caroline? ;-)
    Is this anything to do with it being a friday the 13th? I know that's not quite April 1st but just saying....
    A UK 'mark' is how TLG refers to it AFOL customers.
    edited April 2012
    ^Too many spy movies I think :P

I am now taking orders for these along with Unicorn feathers and Pixie Dust.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,238
    Perhaps the 9th figure is the rumored Flying Dutchman? ;o)
  • greekmickgreekmick UKMember Posts: 710
    The wording is terrible if it was supposed to have come from a professional source. Even the simple 8 figures mentioned when there are 9 in the picture is strange.

The packaging design looks good though.