Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 316

YellowcastleKungFuKennyYo_dAgmonkey76The_Studgelkster
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,489
    The Roci?
    What’s a Roci?
  • rattyratterarattyrattera Tumwater, WAMember Posts: 2
    Currently rebuilding a bunch of my older sets, including Hagrid's Hut, Wampa Cave, Lunar Limo, and Pig Farm and Tractor (I started collecting around 2009)
    BumblepantsKungFuKenny
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,658
    The Roci?
    What’s a Roci?
    It's a space ship from the TV show The Expanse. The full name is The Rocinante.

If you have never seen it, it is a decent show!
    KungFuKennyAstrobricks
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 836
    Thanks guys, will contact them.

Let's see how amazing Lego CS really is.
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 703
    TheFew said:
    The Roci?
    What’s a Roci?

It's also a good book series (before it was a good show!)
    560HeliportTheFewKungFuKenny
    TheFew said:
    The Roci?
    What’s a Roci?

Totally agree.. watched the first few episodes of season one.. got bored by the yabbering so gave up. A year or so later I read the books... then went back and watch the show... a couple of times. Once you understand the universe and setting, it is a great bit of fiction.
    benbacardi
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,207
    It’s a chore to start the tv series but then Bam, you’re in.  Very much so like GoT was for me.
    A little more progress.

Switchfoot55KungFuKenny560Heliport
    TheFew said:
    TheFew said:
    The Roci?
    What’s a Roci?

Totally agree.. watched the first few episodes of season one.. got bored by the yabbering so gave up. A year or so later I read the books... then went back and watch the show... a couple of times. Once you understand the universe and setting, it is a great bit of fiction.
    I only watched like two episodes and it didn’t grab me. Maybe I’ll give it another try.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,207
    Give it a shot.  It’s a lot to absorb at the beginning but then starts to take shape.
    Yeah... once you start getting episodes with lots of Amos, you'll love it.

As mentioned the first 5 or so episodes take some watching as they set up the universe... but after that it picks up pace quickly!
    Yellowcastle
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 669
    NICE! I haven't done that due to the stickers. anyone know a good source for custom stickers state side that won't break the bank?
  • lkliment2lkliment2 ChicagoMember Posts: 186
    panchox1 said:
    NICE! I haven't done that due to the stickers. anyone know a good source for custom stickers state side that won't break the bank?
    There appear to be some available on BL from a US seller for $9. I’d say that’s fairly reasonable 
    KungFuKennypanchox1
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,050
    I’ve been working on #71741 Ninjago City Gardens for a bit now (delayed by work and illness.  I have built a lot of Lego sets in my time, and this one is close to ranking at the top for sheer inventiveness and design.  Every bag seems to hold new surprises, Easter eggs, and interesting building techniques, and I’m a little sad that I’m almost done!
    Switchfoot55JudgeChuck560HeliportpxchrisBumblepantsGrannyLEGOTheOriginalSimonBTkattThe_Stud
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 732
    Just finished #76900! I like the 8W Speed Champions more than expected.
    KungFuKenny560Heliport
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 256
    I’ve been working on #71741 Ninjago City Gardens for a bit now (delayed by work and illness.  I have built a lot of Lego sets in my time, and this one is close to ranking at the top for sheer inventiveness and design.  Every bag seems to hold new surprises, Easter eggs, and interesting building techniques, and I’m a little sad that I’m almost done!

With my short background in Lego (about a year and a half) I can't think of any that were better than #71741 for building. Only problem I have is wanting to deconstruct so I can build it again but then I'd have to deconstruct it and like it sitting on display!
    KungFuKenny560Heliport
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,303
    ^Those are just the extras

I love the look of that set so much. Maybe one day if I'm lucky. 
    FizyxKungFuKenny
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 669
    lkliment2 said:
    panchox1 said:
    There appear to be some available on BL from a US seller for $9. I’d say that’s fairly reasonable 

and just like that, parts and stickers ordered! thanks!
    KungFuKennySpeedman29
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,012
    Just finished bag 5 of the Daily Bugle (ground floor plus kerbside embellishments. There's some great detail in there, including a breakaway wall and Sandman bursting out of the pavement. Been taking this one slow because of the footie (only missed a few matches of the Euros, when last group stage games were played simultaneously in a table to avoid advantage).

There are a few un-numbered bags that made ne think I had missing parts for bag 2, until I decided to look for those bags!
    FizyxBumblepantsKungFuKenny
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 866
    Just started building D-O (#75278). I'm hoping to get through it and the TIE Fighter Pilot Helmet (#75274) today. I also need to rearrange the shelf with my other helmets, BB-8, Yoda, Porg, and Grievous. Fitting these shouldn't be too hard. Fitting the newer helmets, The Child, and R2-D2 (it might have to go on non-floating shelf for weight safety anyway) is going to be MUCH harder!
    KungFuKenny560Heliport
    Tie Fighter helmet was great, enjoy!
    autolycus
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,050
    I just opened up #70620 Ninjago City, which I have looked forward to building for a while now.  There was a bit of a mystery though, as when I opened up the sealed box and pulled out the parts I noticed that the baseplate included was Light Blue Gray. The instructions and Bricklink inventory clearly show that it is supposed to be Dark Blue Gray, and I think the LBG version only came in two sets (Parisian restaurant and the Ideas Maze). Did any of you guys encounter the situation as well?

Astrobricks560HeliportYellowcastle
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 472
    ^YES! That same thing happened to me with my Ninjago City set. I bought it not long after it was first released. I let LEGO know that I got the wrong baseplate because they always insist that they want to know if anything was wrong with my purchase. I told them I didn't need a new one, but they sent one anyway.
    I was also missing one of the white curved fence parts #6146188. I finished building the set using a brown one from my collection. They sent that part as well, but it took weeks for it to arrive. And now all this time later I still haven't gone back to replace it. 
    KungFuKenny560HeliportYellowcastleSwitchfoot55stlux
    ^ I love it, but I can’t quite shake the feeling that the front tower has a water tank on top :-/
  • veyniacveyniac Northwest MinnesotaMember Posts: 286
    I started working on a modular building-style city park this week. I am currently having a lot of fun puzzling out a cute little gazebo based off of part #64566 (the water wheel).
    560HeliportYellowcastleFizyxvanvonfullWesterBricksKungFuKenny
    What program is that?
    veyniac
    Daily Bugle 3/4.done with vag 11 complete - Green Hoblin bursting out of the 3rdfloor window. The whole detachable front window assembly is quite delicate and I broke it 3 times trying to get it to fit in on the main build before realising I had a misshapen stud on the 1×1 brick with stud on one horizontal side. Luckily I had a spare. The bursting glass is a great effect, although I wish the Goblin had come with a pumpkin bomb in hand ready to throw.
    vanvonfull
  • veyniacveyniac Northwest MinnesotaMember Posts: 286
    What program is that?

It is Bricklink's Stud.io program. Great for building and making instructions, not so good at rendering.
    Yellowcastle
    Daily Bugle 3/4.done with vag 11 complete - Green Hoblin bursting out of the 3rdfloor window. The whole detachable front window assembly is quite delicate and I broke it 3 times trying to get it to fit in on the main build before realising I had a misshapen stud on the 1×1 brick with stud on one horizontal side. Luckily I had a spare. The bursting glass is a great effect, although I wish the Goblin had come with a pumpkin bomb in hand ready to throw.
    By the 12th vag it starts getting easier ;-)
    monkeyhanger560HeliportCymbelineKungFuKennyFizyxeMJeeNL
    By the 12th vag it starts getting easier ;-)
    So many typos from me!
    560HeliportAstrobricksKungFuKenny
  • AfoltvAfoltv California Member Posts: 28
    Just made a video showing how we made our modular roads, hope you guys like it! 

Switchfoot55sweetness34VorpalRyu
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,303
    ^Hope all is well and remains so for you, Kenny! 

The build looks amazing. It's unlikely I'll ever be lucky enough to have those sets in my collection. But I'll never get tired to looking over the details. 

A couple years back at BrickCon in Seattle, they did a giant Ninjago City style collaborative build. I spent a ton of time at the table looking at how creative people were with their own additions to the theme. 
    KungFuKennypxchrisMarshallmariogmonkey76FizyxMr_Cross
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,475

After some health problems I’m finally getting back...
    I hope you're doing better now!
    MarshallmarioKungFuKennygmonkey76FizyxYellowcastleMr_Cross
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 191
    @Cymbeline Looks good! I was debating on building it too but if I had it built before hand the Mrs would tell me I don't need to buy it as we already had all of its parts.. Soo I have been working on a small walled medieval village and when done will start working on the keep or use this set when I get it. Just have to wait until August 1st! 
    KungFuKenny
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 414
    @EGRoberts Luckily I just live with my cat who is happy to indulge my LEGO obsession hobby as long as his food bowl is kept topped up. I was hoping to set up the #31120 Medieval Castle with #910001 Castle in the Forest and #21325 Medieval Blacksmith but the blacksmith set is overly large in scale. #7189, Mill Village Raid and #10193, Medieval Market Village are just the right size.
    EGRobertsYellowcastleKungFuKenny
    @Cymbeline agreed on the blacksmith, I have it on my table and it seems up there in size so the houses I am building are downsized (1/3rd size of blacksmith) to make it more manageable on parts. I wish I had #7189 and #10193 ! They retired right as I came out of my dark age. Kind of excited for a custom build anyways.. Who knows I might even work the castle in the forest in there if it ever ships.

Oh and quick question on the cat issue, does yours like to lie down in loose bricks on the floor? Every time I go to sort lego mine just loves to get in there and sleep on bricks. Looks seriously uncomfortable lol.
    @EGRoberts I have shelves that line my LEGO room and he chooses to relax on a higher empty shelf to give him a good vantage point. He knows that if one paw even lightly brushes a brick it's instant banishment. As for #7189 and #10193 the only thing rare about those sets are the animals and minifigs so the buildings can be copied or serve as inspiration.
    560Heliport
    @Cymbeline ya the cows,,, and goat *cries*... Have to get some sheep before they become $80.00 each lol.
    560HeliportYellowcastle
    I kept checking BnP and managed to get 5 sheep - so very much cheaper than goats!
    560HeliportFizyx
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 172
    Someone needs to do a Matthew 25 sheep and goats scene soon. I think Huw is the only person on the planet with enough goats to do it though.
    oldtodd33
    Further progress... now on step 377

Switchfoot55KungFuKenny560HeliportMr_CrossFowlerBricksOnebricktoomany