Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 258
    panchox1 said:
    Anyone know if you get double vip points on the pre orders? Looking at that HP chess set.
    Yes. You will get double points once the preorder finally ships.
    panchox1KungFuKennyOnebricktoomany
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,133
    Bonsai is not back in stock, but is actually available on backorder. 
    madforLEGOKungFuKennypanchox1Onebricktoomany
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,057

Why did I expect anything different for May the 4th... 😬
    gmonkey76Bumblepantsoldtodd33MarshallmariopxchrisSumoLego
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    Just an absolute clusterf$&&. I tried Rakuten at first and that was an utter failure. Then tried going to the site directly. Got in, got to checkout, got error messages twice trying to use a credit card (the MasterCard verification screen led to that timeout).  Switched to Applepay. Seems to have worked. Huzzah!!  Cantina and the Homestead!!!
    Yellowcastle
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    PS: Mos Eisley is back in stock. Came back in just before midnight. credit to the LEGO folks for making that happen. That was a pleasant surprise. 
    FizyxmadforLEGOYellowcastle
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 170
    Not much posted about what happened at midnight? I logged in at 1:00 , got the R2-D2 (backorder) the GWP, and 2 Minions keychains to make sure the GWP was shipped out right away before it disappeared (per great advice on forum). I’m okay with the backorder, just didn’t want to miss out on the GWP.
    YellowcastleKungFuKennygmonkey76
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 632
    Had lousy internet where I was, and sounds like it might not have made much of a difference.  I was happy to grab the A-Wing and the promo next morning. 
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,311
    I was able to snag a Probe Droid and Scout Trooper helmet for x2 VIP points and the GWP. It was a battle to get it all to show up, however. Took about 15 minutes start to finish. Perhaps not too bad considering some of the recent issues, but longer than I expected. 

My wife helped me decide to NOT buy the Vader helmet so as to "leave something for her to buy me for Father's Day." .....seems like a trick......

Shipping confirmation came through yesterday afternoon, so I think everything may have actually worked. 
    Marshallmariobpk2300Oubird
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,983
    I just want to know what happened to 20% off keychains and luggage tags. 
    Switchfoot55SeijiAmasawagmonkey76
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,690
    No problems for me tonight besides the new sets I wanted not going live until 15 minutes after midnight.
    KungFuKenny
  • CathyVTCathyVT VermontMember Posts: 140
    I made a purchase a few minutes after midnight and it went smoothly. I am surprised that the items I ordered, the Harry Potter Hogsmead winter village, and Everyone is Awesome, are still available 12 hours later. I guess they're sorting out their supply chain.
    flightriskKungFuKennygmonkey76
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 418
    CathyVT said:
    I made a purchase a few minutes after midnight and it went smoothly. I am surprised that the items I ordered, the Harry Potter Hogsmead winter village, and Everyone is Awesome, are still available 12 hours later. I guess they're sorting out their supply chain.
    I think the lack of any decent offers or GWP has people, myself included, holding off on making purchases.  If I wanted to I could buy from Target with my 5% Redcard discount but these days I need better incentive for the pricier sets.  I contented myself last night with Everyone is Awesome and some PAB parts as well as a B&P order with a bunch of newness to tide me over.
    YellowcastlePDelahantyKungFuKennygmonkey76Bumblepants
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,311
    ^This is the boat I'm in currently. Lots of sets released today I'd love to buy, but lacking incentive to purchase either now or through LEGO directly. 

I'll keep a close watch though, just in case. 
    YellowcastlePDelahantyKungFuKennygmonkey76SumoLegoBumblepants
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,210
    [email protected] has an option to shop by Most Popular sets.  When I pull this list, I basically get a list of the most expensive sets they offer, sorted by “Featured” though apparently in most expensive to least expensive.  Do we think this is accurate or a sales ploy?
    SumoLegoSeijiAmasawa
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,226
    [email protected] has an option to shop by Most Popular sets... Do we think this is accurate or a sales ploy?
    Sales ploy - 100%.  They probably mean the sets 'Most Popular' to shareholders and profitability bookkeepers.

Side note, LEGO does not release sales figures for individual sets, so it's completely malleable and not subject to verification.
    560HeliportYellowcastleReesesPiecesFizyxSeijiAmasawagmonkey76The_Stud
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,499
    [email protected] has an option to shop by Most Popular sets.  When I pull this list, I basically get a list of the most expensive sets they offer, sorted by “Featured” though apparently in most expensive to least expensive.  Do we think this is accurate or a sales ploy?
    I actually wonder if it might mean “most frequently looked at”, which might be real, seeing as they don’t define “popular”. I’m sure I look at the expensive sets more often; frequently sorting by most expensive first.
    Yellowcastle560HeliportFizyxThe_Stud
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,210
    It seems like a ploy to trick grandparents when shopping for Timmy.
    560Heliportgmonkey76
    It seems like a ploy to trick grandparents when shopping for Timmy.
    Especially 8 year old Timmys who sell their whole collection to some rando on the internet for $800 :D
    Bumblepants560Heliportgmonkey76Marshallmario
    Timmy never catches a break here.  No wonder he’s switching hobbies.
    560Heliportgmonkey76MarshallmarioflordSwitchfoot55
  • OldTownBricksOldTownBricks VirginiaMember Posts: 63
    I do wonder if perhaps they are the highest selling items from [email protected] do you every buy a regular set from [email protected]? It's almost always cheaper to buy from... literally anywhere else. 
    Yellowcastlegmonkey76
    But then you miss out on the GWP and risk displeasing the sumo.  :o)
    gmonkey76MarshallmarioSumoLego
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 900
    Unless my mind is playing tricks on me, I received an email this morning stating there are double points today only.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,983
    jmeninno said:
    Unless my mind is playing tricks on me, I received an email this morning stating there are double points today only.
    On select sets only though. The link takes you to them.
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 259
    jmeninno said:
    On select sets only though. The link takes you to them.

None of which I wanted <sigh>
    Ohhh.  I ended up not clicking on the link.

Maybe it will help someone anyways.
    SumoLego
    It's an odd mix of sets for the offer.  Only one I'm tempted by is Story of Nian.  It's mostly Ninjago, City & Architecture with a few Dots & Vidiyo sets and the odd one set each from Monkie Kid, Friends & Creator.  If I didn't already have the Creator Pirate ship I'd get that.
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 588
    It was a weird collection of stuff, but it would be nice if they continued offers like that moving forward.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,226
    Timmy never catches a break here.  No wonder he’s switching hobbies.
    Beanie Babies?
  • JRBricksJRBricks HoustonMember Posts: 40
    edited June 28
    July calendar is out, looks like the Charles Dickens set is back for this year’s Christmas in July promo. $150 or more from July 12-18 for anyone who missed out last year. 
    KungFuKenny
    Only thing I might be tempted to purchase that would reach the minimum buy in would be the upcoming Frozen Castle but it will probably be out of stock or back-order by the time the Dickens GWP is available.  At least I already have the Dickens set so I don't "need" another one.
    Switchfoot55
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,154
    thebrickfan.com is reporting Double VIP point event on July 12-18th
    YellowcastleBumblepantsKungFuKennyMarshallmario
    thebrickfan.com is reporting Double VIP point event on July 12-18th
    It was listed in this week's VIP e-mail newsletter.  
  • tomahawkertomahawker Member Posts: 185
    2x VIP points, plus 3x GWP (Dickens Tribute @ $150, mini Adidas shoe @ $85, Bob minion @ $40 minion purchase) is now live.  The best deals since the pre-black Friday GWPs.
    Bumblepants560HeliportTkattSwitchfoot55Astrobricksgmonkey76oldtodd331265
    Finally pulled the plug on buying the Monkie Kid Legendary Flower Fruit Mountain set.  Added 3 of the Minions Kung Fu Training packs and got 2x points & 4 GWP's as the choice of polybag GWP (I chose friends as I already have the other one) went live last night as well as the Dickens, Shoe & Minions GWP's.
    560HeliportYellowcastleMarshallmario
    And you get a flower fruit mountain as GWGWP!
    Bumblepants
    For those who still want it the 2-in-1 Christmas Wreath is currently back in stock.  My backorder from February is now in warehouse and it appears they are also available to order.
    Switchfoot55Cymbeline560Heliportpanchox1madforLEGOMarshallmario1265YellowcastleAstrobricks
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,013
    karrit said:
    For those who still want it the 2-in-1 Christmas Wreath is currently back in stock.  My backorder from February is now in warehouse and it appears they are also available to order.
    Thanks so much!!  Missed out on this set and didn't want to pay the high eBay price.  Ordered 2 and added another small set just to get the GWP Adidas shoe.
    Marshallmario
    karrit said:
    Finally pulled the plug on buying the Monkie Kid Legendary Flower Fruit Mountain set.  Added 3 of the Minions Kung Fu Training packs and got 2x points & 4 GWP's as the choice of polybag GWP (I chose friends as I already have the other one) went live last night as well as the Dickens, Shoe & Minions GWP's.
    I think maybe you mean pulled the trigger :)
    M_BossKungFuKenny
    Oops!
    Astrobricks
  • PDelahantyPDelahanty Northern CaliforniaMember Posts: 92
    karrit said:
    I totally forgot that I backordered that!  It's Christmas in July!
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,572
    karrit said:
    I think maybe you mean pulled the trigger :)
    Maybe pulled the plug on the wallet and drained it completely? :)
    tomahawkerAstrobricksKungFuKenny
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 792
    6:30 in the morning and the sailboat is already gone?
    It’s in my cart after adding the police station.
    gmonkey76
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 792
    Wouldn’t show up in mine. I tried different combinations and I was well over $200.
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 123
    Maybe it's a Canada thing?  I added a bunch of stuff to my cart earlier today (08:00ish EST) and it wasn't showing up in my cart either even when I was well over the $265 CDN threshold.  I decided to try again another day and see what happens.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,154
    LEGO CS Should be open you can try to call and see if they are out of stock for Canada or if there is just a system issue
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 675
    ive been having the same issue for a few days. tried at midnight on the 1st, no boat. tried this morn, no boat. have over 200 in my cart, no items like polybags or other things that tend to not trigger gwps.
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 588
    I ordered around 7am Central Time this morning and the sailboat was in my cart.  It is also in my order confirmation email.
  • preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 99
    In case someone missed it when it was a GwP, the Amelia Earhart tribute set is now available as a VIP reward for 1,500 points, at least here in Canada.
    Switchfoot55madforLEGO
    In USA as well.  Heard the news and just looked.
    KingAlanI