Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• veyniacveyniac Northwest MinnesotaMember Posts: 310
    The poor guy seems to be in a hairy situation. Hopefully someone shaves him before he dyes.
    560HeliportAstrobricksCymbelineKungFuKennypxchrisvanvonfullMaffyDgmonkey76Mr_Cross
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,273
    Punning above your weight class @veyniac. Bravo!
    560Heliportveyniac
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,701
    It’s a Micro-manager with spots! ;-)
    560Heliport
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,701
    Pretty much...

"Inspired by Micro Managers (The LEGO Movie) and Plantimals (The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part) with a twist based on current events."
    edited June 2021
    Here is my latest Minecraft MOC, The Amethyst Geode! I completed the project a week or two ago, but had to sit on it until the update containing geodes was released. As usual, you can get the building instructions for free at https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-78789/veyniac/the-amethyst-geode/#details
    AstrobricksJudgeChuckKungFuKenny
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,865
    ^I'd buy one! 

Every time I see a post like this or of a Space MOC or of a Pirate MOC I have to remind myself that I can't have everything. As it is, I can only have a little. So, vicarious living it shall remain. 
    560HeliportveyniacKungFuKennygmonkey76BumblepantspxchrisMaffyDiwybs
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 2,018
    Every time I see a post like this or of a Space MOC or of a Pirate MOC I have to remind myself that I can't have everything. As it is, I can only have a little. So, vicarious living it shall remain. 
    The struggle is real man!
    Switchfoot55KungFuKennyAstrobricks
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,337
    ^^^ Great MOC!
    ^^ Me too, only not for pirates (runs and hides)
    ^ That's why I had to remove Pirates from my 'not a real wants list but a kinda emotion wants list' in my head.
    KungFuKenny
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,722
    What was that about Space MOCs?

More to be revealed tomorrow...
    veyniacCymbelineJudgeChuckMaffyD560HeliportKungFuKennypxchrisGothamConstructionCo
    ^ Better submit that to Lego IDEAS ;-)
    Mynatt
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 381
    edited June 2021
    If they printed the 1x2 cheese slope with the alphabet and numbers I'd really want to have it!
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 453
    edited June 2021
    This from #10278 is a different colour but fairly close:

AstrobricksKungFuKennyAdeelZubairJdrewg
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 381
    vizzitor said:
    This from #10278 is a different colour but fairly close:

Thanks - completely forgot about that print.
  • Operacion_SaturnoOperacion_Saturno SaturnMember Posts: 4
    Any opinions, comments or suggestions?

It is a base build in two 32x24 baseplates with specialized modules, crane, vehicles, flyer, and robot.

The base is composed of four modules:

Vehicle Hangar, Habitation quarters, Command center and the Lab module.

For more images, follow the link.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/43814e85-ead4-46d0-886c-b024d6156756
    KungFuKennyCymbelineMaffyDveyniacMexten
    edited July 2021
    The journey continues, but what will happen to Mr Llama when he reaches his destination?

A few more on flickr.
    Bumblepants560HeliportpxchrisCymbelineMr_CrossKungFuKenny
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 626

Did some graduating recently from Industrial Design. Now the semester is done, finally had some time to do some building. 
    560HeliportveyniaciwybsBumblepantsKungFuKennyGothamConstructionCoJdrewgMr_CrossLittleLori
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,238
    edited July 2021
    Very nice, and congratulations!
    veyniacMynattMr_Cross
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 520
    I really like the shaping and the colours you used in the sign. Your minifigure friend however seems less than impressed - perhaps the croissant is stale?
    BumblepantsKungFuKennygmonkey76Mr_Crossveyniac
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,347
    Malkizid said:
     Working in the events industry we've being missing concerts at our venue for a while now. So with venues finally starting to open up and events starting to booked again i took some time to build a concert stage.
     Inspiration came from some colleagues i work with on nights who introduced me to this group. It's their favourite band and the song i picked to portray is one their favourite songs too.
     A quick search online showed other people had made versions of this setup too, and i noticed in one (by a reddit user called Kikoklan) that they used the BMW/Ducatti motorbike wheel rims for some of the light set-ups (by a reddit user called Kikoklan) - well i had 2 and thought this is great idea, maybe i can try a version as well.
     And for the logo, on what would be an led screen on the real stage, this was inspired by someone called Cpt_Brick on Flickr, so had a go at reverse engineering his and made mine a little narrower and little longer, i hope he doesn't mind me attempting to copy it.
     With this inspiration and some early moc ups i present the biggest moc i have made - From their European Tour of 2019 - Rammstein and the song 'Mein Teil':

If ever a build required a sound chip, it's this one.
    Excellent job, love it.

This is what I think of every time I see a Rammstein reference 😆
    https://youtu.be/1ZeciX-3wfs
    KungFuKenny560HeliportMalkizid
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,865
    This is the type of model that, if it were at a show, I would spend extra time looking over. Really well done and thought out!
    BumblepantsMr_Crossgmonkey76
    Howdy @evancelt! As always, I continue to enjoy your builds. I don't know why this specific feature stood out to me so quickly, but I love the upside down plant pieces for the trees!
    Mr_CrossBumblepantsgmonkey76
    edited August 2021
    Love the waves in the water!

Hope the tides don’t get too high or the wares are going to get wet :)
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,636
    Yep! It's brilliant. Nice subtle stuff, clever parts usage and great attention to detail - enchanting.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,337
    So cool how the weathered walls have been represented by those different colours and the 1x1 round plates. The waves caught my attention too. Love the whole thing.
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 805

Did a lil mod.
    Bumblepants560HeliportericbCymbelineveyniacAstrobricks
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,238
    I love it! Glad to see Chima pieces used.
    veyniacBumblepants
    edited August 2021
    ^^ Beautiful!

Nifty kite. But I don’t think it will stay airborne that way for long :)
    veyniac
    I love it! Glad to see Chima pieces used.
    They are just the perfect piece for water features. I don't even see them as crystals anymore :)
    AstrobricksMaffyD
    Ran out of patience and parts to finish integrating all four labs into the landscaping, never mind finishing off roofing so here's the Hybrid Research Facility as complete as it is ever going to get.

More on flickr.
    Bumblepantsveyniac560HeliportpxchrisSwitchfoot55cozyGothamConstructionCogmonkey76KungFuKenny
  • scottdd2scottdd2 ADELAIDEMember Posts: 145
    @evancelt love the tumble weed and the dirt being flung up, nice touches.
    evancelt said:
    "Museum of Antiquities, Wullham"

Created with the telescope piece as a seed part for a challenge on Brethren of the Brick Seas on EuroBricks
    That floor is gorgeous! But I also love the bay windows and the use of the bottom part of the 1x2 hinge bricks for texture creates a very interesting effect.
    Cymbeline
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 330
    pxchris said:
    evancelt said:
    "Museum of Antiquities, Wullham"

Created with the telescope piece as a seed part for a challenge on Brethren of the Brick Seas on EuroBricks
    That floor is gorgeous! But I also love the bay windows and the use of the bottom part of the 1x2 hinge bricks for texture creates a very interesting effect.
    Definitely great floor ... took me a while to see what all the pieces were that were used including all the different ways you used the telescope part.
  • evanceltevancelt Boulder, COMember Posts: 148
    "Ténotclaxcan Goodwill Trade Garden, Elysabethtown"

Since the Eslandolans had first met the Ténotclaxcan society on the island of Berelli in 616 AE, they had fostered a great trading relationship with the native people. In the year following their meeting, residents of the town of Elysabethtown had constructed a Ténotclaxcan Goodwill Trade Garden near the town center to, as the name suggested, project their goodwill for their native neighbors.

However, in recent years the condition of the garden had deteriorated.

Two Eslandolan town guards mused between themselves, "Do you think we should be weeding this thing?"

--------------------

Built with the sack seed part as an entry in the Brethren of the Brick Seas mini-challenge Faction Flavours.

I really love the angle / slope that sacks have, and they have a 3mm bar on the top for minifigs to grab! I figured that could make for some fun connections. Two flower variants featured here.

560HeliportpxchrisSwitchfoot55veyniacLittleLorivanvonfullKungFuKennyAddicted2Oxygen
    "Sea Bird Viewing Point, Wullham"

Elsabeth Stockton was bored. She had been in Wullham for a season and while taking entrepreneurial steps to financially back a Mushroom grow house had kept her busy for a time, she missed socializing with other gentlewomen the way she had while back in Belson.

In an effort to stoke the fires of society in Wullham, she had her servant deliver copies of a note to all of the esteemed houses in town. In her note, Elsabeth invited the young women of the area to join her for an adventure to the coast.

She next visited Reginald Brewerfrump at the Museum of Antiquities, where he had recently been made curator. She discussed her plans for an outing and he suggested a picturesque headland to the south where they could observe a great many sea birds in their element. He volunteered to lead the party the following week.

When the time came for the outing, she was pleased to greet six other women of the town for the short field expedition. They hiked up their dressbottoms and headed for the coast!

----------------------

It is beginning to feel a little like autumn here in Colorado so I wanted to make a fall-inspired build.

PJ76uk560HeliportvanvonfullAstrobricksveyniacpxchrisLittleLoriKungFuKennyAddicted2Oxygen
    evancelt said:
    It's darn near a crime that those seagulls are so rare/expensive. But you have a nice collection of lady parts there. haha
    560HeliportBumblepants
    pxchris said:
    evancelt said:
    It's darn near a crime that those seagulls are so rare/expensive. But you have a nice collection of lady parts there. haha
    Thanks! Might be time for a "Plants & Animals" review of spares soon! Getting hard to close the lid on that container after adding the new sheep.
    pxchrisAddicted2Oxygen