Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Masters TV competition on Fox.

123457»

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,504
    Loved the earthquake episode! I was amazed how well all the projects held up, but I was hoping the one with the damping system in the base would have worked better.
    pxchrisFizyxpanchox1
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 418
    Would have been interesting if the team with the Golden Brick hadn't used it because I thought their build was the ugliest one of the lot so had they ranked with the lowest on the Brickter scale I would have voted them off.  Their build looked like something I might have built when I was 5 years old.  I  didn't think the team that lost had what I would consider an aesthetically unpleasant build but the judges had a tough decision to make.
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,013
    karrit said:
    Would have been interesting if the team with the Golden Brick hadn't used it because I thought their build was the ugliest one of the lot so had they ranked with the lowest on the Brickter scale I would have voted them off.  Their build looked like something I might have built when I was 5 years old.  I  didn't think the team that lost had what I would consider an aesthetically unpleasant build but the judges had a tough decision to make.
    If the losing team had goats vice cats they may not have lost.
    Vice Cats. The newest hip band on the scene :)
    panchox1560Heliport
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 675
    its a good thing the lab coat guys build held up, cause it looked awful. over all a really fun episode. but the next one looks great as well
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,478
    Was a bit bummed about who went home last night. Not that they didn't deserve to, but because they were enjoyable to watch.
    wow, I really enjoyed that episode. thought it was a ton of fun and was blown away by some of the creativity.
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,478
    What are people's feelings on the final standing of contestants and the winners?

I was pretty happy with the team that won. They were consistently good throughout the entire competition and theirs was definitely my favorite of the final builds.

Overall through most of the season I felt like the eliminations were pretty proper each week. There was a couple of times that I felt that the wrong team went home, but in the end I think the final three teams were pretty proper. I do think that out of the final builds, Caleb and Jacob had the second best instead of the third best, but I'm sure that the judges were taking the competition as a whole into account when they made that final judgement.

This season was very enjoyable to watch and I definitely appreciated the lack of drama between the contestants! I certainly would have loved even more time spent on the details of the builds themselves, but overall I feel the show was a success.

andheFizyxMarshallmario
    I'm very happy with who won but agree with you that 2nd & 3rd place should have been reversed.
    Marshallmario
    loved this season. And agree with the final standings, that 2nd and 3rd should have been flipped.  I sure hope there is a season three.
    Marshallmario
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 180
    edited September 18
    karrit said:
    I'm very happy with who won but agree with you that 2nd & 3rd place should have been reversed.
    Same here, but I wondered why they needed to specify third place at all, and it bugged me that the judges didn’t give any reasons for the final decision.
    Marshallmario
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 194
    Another vote for 2nd 3rd should have been flipped. Zack and Wayne's builds seemed to always be on the bulky side. Mark and Steven (The winners) built on the Fantasy theme the judges seemed to love. That and the dancing lights at the base were pretty cool! 

I'm glad the show stopped the "celebrity" guests who added nothing to the program and were refreshingly gone this season. I like Will Arnett, But a little less mugging for the camera and it would have been more enjoyable. 
    Definitely felt that Zack & Wayne always went for big over substance.  I knew they were going to get the win for longest legnth on the wall build.  I did like a few of their builds but generally felt that many of them were just huge for the sake of trying to be the biggest build each week.
    I'm also glad they did away with the time wasting "celebrity" appearances this season.

dehnehsu
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 871
    The celebrity guests were dropped because of covid. They filmed the entire season in a bubble of sorts and limited interactions with people outside the bubble. I’ll bet they’ll be back for season 3 if covid protocols don’t need to be as cautious.
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 194
    autolycus said:
    The celebrity guests were dropped because of covid. They filmed the entire season in a bubble of sorts and limited interactions with people outside the bubble. I’ll bet they’ll be back for season 3 if covid protocols don’t need to be as cautious.
    That would explain why Ken Jeong and Jennifer Love Hewitt only appeared on camera in cameos.
    I wouldn't mind a few celebrity cameos if they served some sort of purpose rather than just "here is a random celebrity!"  maybe they could come up with and announce some challenge ideas, or the twist in the middle of a build or something.
    Another thing that bothered me about the finale was the lighting they used in the builds for the "night" mode. I don't recall them mentioning where the lighting came from, and it certainly wasn't Lego. Seems like a big detail to leave out.
    shikadipxchrispanchox1Marshallmario
  • im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 138
    All of the celebrity action from both seasons was just to promote other FOX shows. Super annoying, but perhaps it is a good sign that LEGO Masters has good ratings and they want to capture those eyes to promote other, less-popular shows?