New Modular Pet Shop (10218)

wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
edited May 2011 in Everything else LEGO
At least being reported on Toysnbricks.com. http://toysnbricks.com/ Anyone seen it yet?

Comments

• wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
  • StormsworderStormsworder Member Posts: 107
    That set looks great. And it's got Lego bones.
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    Looks Awesome! I can't wait for it to hit stores here.
  • thesinisterpenguinthesinisterpenguin Member Posts: 96
    The original picture poster has put up some mid-build shots too!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    Went to Lego store in Columbus and was told they got an Email from Corporate not to sell any until the 10th as the one that was sold in Oklahoma City wasn't supposed to be sold. So who ever sold it wasn't allowed to but did. So don't look until next Tuesday.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    I can confirm May 10th is the day, at least stateside.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Anyone know the pricing?
    It looks fantastic!
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    $149.99 USD; same as the Green Grocer, Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,348
    Cannot wait (actually I can due to the SW sale..lol)
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^^ In the UK, the Grand Emporium was priced at £132.99, compared to £99.99 for the previous modular sets. It'll be interesting to see where they pitch the Pet Shop in the UK, although I suspect it'll be at the higher price point.
    Grand Emporium is bigger though - certainly a much bigger box (checks piece count) .... hmmm, actually has less pieces. Wondering now why the Emporium box is so much bigger...
  • gruetzmacherdgruetzmacherd USA, WIMember Posts: 30
    @Si_Dorking_Surrey_UK, I am quite positive that all of the modular building set boxes are the same size (at least in the US).

The US price for the past three modulars has been consistently $149.99. I am sorry that the UK saw such a steep rise in price for the Grand Emporium. :(
  • cbowerscbowers Member Posts: 21
    ^Market Street was a smaller box. Just to be technical.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    edited May 2011
    I read somewhere today (sorry can't remember where) that this will be priced at £119.99 in the UK.
    ^^ Will be rearranging my boxes at the weekend so will check on fire brigade vs emporium size and get back on that one...
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 360
    The set looks great, I love the color choices! Can't wait to mix and match to see where each of the buildings looks best
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,348
    edited May 2011
    ^^ The Grand Emporium box is the same size as the Fire Brigade (at least in the US)... If it is different it is not by much, as I have them stacked on one another in my Lego Storage... err dining room...
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Piece count is less for Grand Emporium because it doesn't have any interior walls. Or rather, Pet Shop is two buildings that separate, hence you have all the added bricks between the buildings which would not be needed if it was one larger building.
  • gruetzmacherdgruetzmacherd USA, WIMember Posts: 30
    ^^^^^^ @cbowers, Market Street wasn't in the official Modular Building series, but rather LEGO Factory, just to be meta-technical. :-)
  • bahnstormerbahnstormer Member Posts: 180
    £, € and $ pricing will hinge on where Lego hedged their currency risk in 09/10.

fire is £99, $149 and €149. shop is £132, $149 and €149 . my guess is whatever FX hedge they had in place for DKK / GBP didnt work out in 2009 which is why the price went up 33% in 2010 ( the 2.5% rise in VAT didnt help either).

my guess is £129.99 to £139.99 with $ and € prices staying the same.

worth noting that US prices do not include any tax, UK and germany do. adjusting for tax the shop costs ( at tonights exchange rate)

UK no vat = $180.29
    Germany no vat = $181.93

when it was launched last year , euro was $1.18 which meant it was cheaper in germany than the US at $147 (without vat)

@bahnstormer -- Finally someone who can properly the regional variation! Thank you for the ray of light, most welcome.