Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Lego Store May 2012 Calendar

legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
edited April 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Forgive if this has been posted already...so much happenin' in May!
While enjoying April...May looks to be a stellar fun filled month! Here are the highlights...

- May 4-5 Star Wars FREE Limited Edition TC-14 Minifigure w/$75 Lego Star Wars purchase!

- May 16-31 FREE Exclusive Hulk Minifigure w/$50 purchase (this version of the Hulk while not as big as the movie version figure, has the well known torn purple pants from the comics).

- $10 off Life of George w/$50 purchase.

- May 1st FREE Monthly Mini Model Build Tulip Model (remember, it starts at 5pm/ends at 7pm and limited to 250 kids ages 6 - 14)

- Bonus VIP Points on select Lego sets (no word on how many points and what sets. Ask at your local shop).

- Mothers Day May 13th. Give your mom a nice kiss and the Mini Tulip Model...;)

- May 19th Lego Club Meeting: Marvel Super Heroes! Build a ship for the Avengers. $25 registration fee. $20 for VIP Members. Get an EXCLUSIVE Lego Marvel Superheroe Shirt (only can get these at the club meeting, not sold in stores), $5.00 off coupon, stickers and sometimes you get to take home the model you built. Ages 6 - 14.

- Limited Edition Pickable Model: An Artiste (that what it looks like to me). Visit the Lego Store, get the instructions and use PAB elements to build it that can be purchaced with a small Pick A Brick Cup (about $7.99). Seems to be an every month changing model deal.

- 4 Grand Opening Celebrations at Oakridge Center Vancouver, BC May 4-6th. Mayfair Wauwatosa, WI May 11-13th. Woodlands Mall Woodlands, TX May 18-20. Northshore Mall Peabody, MA May 25-27. Fun filled events with kids helping a Lego Master Builder build an 8 ft. tall Lego model, get a FREE Certificate of Achievement for doing this, exclusive FREE shirt w/ a certain amount purchase (probably $35.00) and an exclusive FREE Lego Store Model kit (this will be highly sought after) with purchase (again probably a $35 purchase). Check with the stores for details on the Free and exclusive items.

-Lego Store Grand RE-Opening at Disneyland Resort Anaheim, CA May 25 - 27. Help a Master Builder build an 8 ft. Brickley Model and get some special offers as well. Check this store for details.

- One Year Anniversary Celebration of the Beachwood Place Lego Store Beachwood, OH May 5-6. Build a large scale map of the United States and with qualifying purchase receive an exclusive Lego Minifigure set. Check with store for more offers.

- May 19th-20th Brick Magic Lego Fan Festival!

- Starting May 21st - June 3rd visit the Lego Store, take a photo with Marvel Superheroes ( a backdrop cutout) and upload your photo to Lego Shop Facebook to receive a FREE Marvel Superhero poster.

- For sale this month UCS R2-D2 (incredible looking model!), Hero Factory style Captain America and the much anticipated Series 7 Minifigures!

- DON'T FORGET...May 28th Memorial Day. Remember our brave soldiers. Build or draw something patriotic!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comments

• starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,298
    No word yet on when they are opening the Overland Park KS one? Hmm, hope it will open soon.
  • pumperxpumperx Member Posts: 106
    Thanks for the update. Can't wait for TC14!
  • romdamromdam Member Posts: 136
    Grand opening gets Lego Store Model kit while a 1 year anniversay gets a limited edition minifigure set??? Sucks I was so excited for the Milwaukee grand opening for the figure set. Now I have to wait another year. I was taking 4 people with me if they limited them to one per person/purchase. Have no use for the 4 Store Models.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    ^ I could use one @romdam if you get spares :)
    So much happening in May in the US... when will the UK store calendar be made available??
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    ^ Same here @romdam if you have a spare :-)
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    @romdam - hells yes to the mini model kit bandwagon. I'd really like one please! Will do my best to get the olympic figs in return for you if they are UK only.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    *raises his hand for a spare as well* :)
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    Sorry @romdam - Floodgates... open... (Sav you stole my bargaining chip - I was gonna offer Olympics figs!)
    Sorry @legoDad - Thread... hijacked...
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    I'm sure multiples of Olympic figures will be needed :-)
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    @LostInTranslation...no worries on the hijacked thread...as long as you don't hijack me to Cuba, I'm good...;)
  • weinnerweinner Banned Posts: 148
    Beechwood ohio, yay, here I come.
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    I don't recall where I saw it, but for the Milwaukee store I heard it was free T-shirt on Friday, free model on Saturday, free minifigs on Sunday.

I'm hoping to drive down as well, since this is the only Lego Grand Opening I'm ever likely to see, and it's only 2 hours away.
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    ^Yeah, it's good to check with the individual stores. They may have more promotional stuff than advertised on the calendar.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    ^ I'm headed to the Milwaukee one as well.
  • romdamromdam Member Posts: 136
    I don't recall where I saw it, but for the Milwaukee store I heard it was free T-shirt on Friday, free model on Saturday, free minifigs on Sunday.

I'm hoping to drive down as well, since this is the only Lego Grand Opening I'm ever likely to see, and it's only 2 hours away.
    Oh, let me know where you found that. If that's the cae, looks ike I got to go 3 days. And I would def trade a Store model for the Olympic figure set.

• JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,376
    ^ The Nashville store page on lego.com has listed the three things (t-shirt, store, minifigs) they're giving away for the Grand Opening.
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    It days series 7 mini figs come out in May? I haven't seen any in the states, but aren't they out in Europe?
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    It days series 7 mini figs come out in May? I haven't seen any in the states, but aren't they out in Europe?
    Yes - they've been out in the UK for at least 2 weeks!

• llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    Hehehe, My birthday is towards the end of May, so I'll definitely be getting a Hulk figure.
  • kufkuf Member Posts: 66
    Anybody know what the Disneyland store special offers will be?
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    Anyone have information on the "Take a picture with a life-sized superhero and receive a free poster" promo? I would like to know which poster I will be receiving. Thanks.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    When I called the store I was told they didn't know. Am guessing it will be minifigs. Disappointedly betting it will not be the model of the store.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,788
    Probably The Avengers movie poster. It is being given away in store in the UK next month.
    Yes! I wanted that poster.
    I emailed LEGO Customer Service and can confirm that the poster being given away is the Avengers one. :D
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,788
    Sweet! I may have to do this after all!
  • bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    "- Starting May 21st - June 3rd visit the Lego Store, take a photo with Marvel Superheroes ( a backdrop cutout) and upload your photo to Lego Shop Facebook to receive a FREE Marvel Superhero poster."

I asked about the superhero cutouts at the LEGO store (Newark, DE) on Saturday. They had switched out the Avengers displays with LOTR displays. They said they have to throw away the display cutouts after displaying them. I just about cried. ...(Muttering to self: they throw them away...)
    ^ Yea, it's unfortunate. :( I wish I could take some home although I would have no where to display them.
  • greygrey Member Posts: 9
    A lot of stores have corporate policies about make sure those materials are destroyed. While it doesn't make ACTUAL sense, it's a very, very common practice.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,118
    yeah, it becomes one of those sticky things where backroom deals, favoritism, etc come into play if they are given/sold after they are no longer needed. That kind of thing can become a nightmare for a company to deal with in several different ways.
  • muffenmanmuffenman Member Posts: 75
    My local cinema UK used to put the cut outs and posters in a little side area the manger would price them as thought fit with 100% of the money going to charity, everyone had to pay the same, no reserves first in first got!! I used to have a 5 ft Uma from kill bill in the yellow suite :)