Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,494
    Man I really am digging the classic 4-wide truck in the new educational set on the front page #45817 A perfect blend of modern and what I had as a kid. Makes me want to try and do some mocs in that same style.
    What’s with the dual front axle arrangement? 🤔
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,269
    Man I really am digging the classic 4-wide truck in the new educational set on the front page #45817 A perfect blend of modern and what I had as a kid. Makes me want to try and do some mocs in that same style.
    What’s with the dual front axle arrangement? 🤔
    Most 8x4 trucks have twin steer front wheels.

Like the Technic AROCS.

Bumblepants560Heliportgmonkey76stlux
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 670
    I'm currently anticipating a move in 2-11 moths. so I'm in disassemble mode. I should stop buying too but I just can't seem to master that one.
    Bumblepantsbandit778560Heliportgmonkey76Switchfoot55
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 196
    moths
    good luck @SumoLego
    SumoLegoKungFuKenny560HeliportBumblepantsAstrobricksCymbelinepanchox1
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,219
    moths
    good luck @SumoLego
    Eh?
    KungFuKenny560Heliportgmonkey76
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,208
    Ok, the average moth lifespan is about 3 months so...
    KungFuKennySumoLego560HeliportBumblepantsAstrobricksCymbelinepanchox1gmonkey76
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,568
    Thoughts? How about... Frikkin' awesome! (Only he didn't use "frikkin'"!)
    KungFuKennySumoLegopxchrisSwitchfoot55gmonkey76
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,475
    Thank you @560Heliport and @KungFuKenny!
    This whole layout has just been giving me hours of joy!

I'm currently planning on a massive layout on a 6' table that is 7x2 32x32 baseplates in size for the next convention I go to. I still need to get #6273 in order to make that dream come to life though. I also need to get a LOT more translucent 1x1 round plates. Somewhere in the realm of 1000 more just to start off with (there are over 1100 currently in the display that you can see in the photos).

Eventually I'm going to take this entire display down and play with rearranging it all. Overall I'm very pleased with the general layout, but there is certainly room for improvement! Especially in the minifigure arrangements I think, but also perhaps in the buildings and ships as well.

I also forgot to mention that I've also put a tilt on the ships with some strategically placed plates underneath them. It doesn't really show up in the pictures, but I feel it really helps the dynamic look in person.
    KungFuKenny560HeliportSwitchfoot55SumoLego
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 845
    Super annoyed to find out that Lego 40516 Everyone Is Awesome won’t be available in my (very homophobic) country, which is unsurprising but still really disappointing. 
    SumoLego
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,055
    Jern92 said:
    Super annoyed to find out that Lego 40516 Everyone Is Awesome won’t be available in my (very homophobic) country, which is unsurprising but still really disappointing. 
    Maybe Secret Santa could come through for you this year...🙂
    560HeliportJern92Switchfoot55CymbelineSumoLegogmonkey76Mr_Cross
    moths
    good luck
    yeah you're right. 2-11 moths is not nearly enough to haul all my belongings. I should look into getting a truck when/if the time arises.....
    560HeliportAstrobricksBumblepantsModeltrainmangmonkey76
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 196
    maybe mothra is available?
    panchox1560HeliportBumblepantsgmonkey76
    Jern92 said:
    The downside of being in Asia is that there’s usually not enough people for a Secret Santa (at least on Brickset). But it’s ok, I’ll just buy it in a different country and have my friend hold onto it until covid travel restrictions lift and I can go get it.
    SumoLegoBrickfan50
    Calling Mothra!
    panchox1560Heliportgmonkey76
    Jern92 said:
    Well, that's just dumb.  It's a rainbow set of minifigs.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,131
    Jern92 said:
    Jern92 said:
    The downside of being in Asia is that there’s usually not enough people for a Secret Santa (at least on Brickset). But it’s ok, I’ll just buy it in a different country and have my friend hold onto it until covid travel restrictions lift and I can go get it.
    I can pick one up and hold on to it for you if you like. I'm already getting a couple anyway.
    Yellowcastle
    I can pick one up and hold on to it for you if you like. I'm already getting a couple anyway.
    I don’t think I’ll be visiting the US anytime soon (with all the hate crimes against Asians happening, it’s rather scary), but thank you for the offer. :-)
    ordered the Bugle. Threw in the Venom head for double points. didn't get the gwp added in  (dots photo cube). odd.
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 351
    panchox1 said:
    didn't get the gwp added in  (dots photo cube). odd.
    It's only a gift with "any 40 € LEGO DOTS, VIDIYO™ or Friends purchase. 23/5-30/6, while stocks last.*"
    panchox1
    oh, well that explains it! thanks. no biggie since I can get this at Walmart for 5 bucks right now. lol.
    KungFuKenny
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 736
    I’m continuing the slow March to collect the Fabuland theme.  Living in the US is a definite handicap in this regard as most of the sets for sale are overseas.  Luckily Canada seems to have a decent supply as well, including this set that arrived a while back from north of the border...

Set #347-3 , alternatively know as “Hospital” or (my preference) “Lucy Lamb and Charlie Cat Visit Dr. Dog”.  The set was in pretty good shape but the borders of the stickers were pretty disgusting and peeled up, necessitating some rehab efforts (more details in the Fabuland thread).

I also whipped up a medical cart and some accessories for Dr. Dog.  Now my Fabuland citizens finally have the health care they deserve!
    That's quite adorable. Reminds me of the first Mickey theme years ago.
    KungFuKenny
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 736
    My status is still sorting. Wondering how to pick the correct Akro Mils drawers when the time comes. @KungFuKenny, how did you know what you needed, exactly? It looks like you have multiple 2x4 drawers? 
    KungFuKenny
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 534
    The five tan horses I ordered from BnPs arrived today. My farm will have lots of horses now :) I'll probably end up with a few more, along with some sheep when I get the Mickey and Donald farm in August.
    Switchfoot55gmonkey76
    Jern92 said:
    I don’t think I’ll be visiting the US anytime soon (with all the hate crimes against Asians happening, it’s rather scary), but thank you for the offer. :-)
    It's a bit sensationalized, as tends to happen in the US.  Nonetheless, is that a set that could be safely imported?
    gmonkey76
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,208

She did mention on the side that if I would feel like sending another set she wouldn't say no :)
    I hope she likes Roman history and cheese slopes! #10276
    560Heliportgratefulnat
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,055
    edited May 27
    My status is still sorting. Wondering how to pick the correct Akro Mils drawers when the time comes. @KungFuKenny, how did you know what you needed, exactly? It looks like you have multiple 2x4 drawers? 
    It really depends on the type, size, and number of pieces you are sorting. My strategy was to buy several of each kind of organizer that they offer. Then add more a few months later. Then add more, ad infinitum...🙂
    gmonkey76CymbelineModeltrainmanFizyxmustang69Switchfoot55
    KungFuKenny said:
    It really depends on the type, size, and number of pieces you are sorting. My strategy was to buy several of each kind of organizer that they offer. Then add more a few months later. Then add more, ad infinitum...🙂
    Thanks. Will have to see, then.
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,342
    @Modeltrainman that Mickey theme stole our Fabuland pieces. We had them first !!
    pxchrisModeltrainmanKungFuKenny
    SumoLego said:
    It's a bit sensationalized, as tends to happen in the US.  Nonetheless, is that a set that could be safely imported?
    I believe so, as it hasn’t been banned or anything (just not officially available here). But probably not a good idea to do a bulk shipment as that might attract unwanted attention; small packages are probably fine. It’s hard to tell sometimes what the authorities might do.

Recently we had someone campaign against a gay-themed comic they saw in a bookstore, and pressured the bookstore to stop selling it. Last I checked the comic is no longer available for sale, but every other gay-themed comic/novel is still available. So it’s very selective; draw too much attention and it’ll likely end up banned, but if you sell it quietly you’re fine.

At the moment I’m trying to get a friend who’s moving back from the US to Malaysia later this year to help me buy the set on the 1st of June. Fingers crossed it doesn’t sell out before she gets to the store, because I get the feeling that this will be a popular set.
  • OldTownBricksOldTownBricks VirginiaMember Posts: 63
    KungFuKenny said:
    From my experience, the 64 small drawer organizers are more useful unless you have a LOT of each part. The mixed drawers are useful if you have a fair number of either large bricks/plates or a high number of individual pieces. To start, I'd probably pick up a couple of the 64 drawer units and then see what you have too much of.  
    panchox1Modeltrainman
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 259
    My mom turned 79 in April. I haven't sent her a gift in many years, but knowing what a Winnie the Pooh fan she is I surprised her with #21326 this year. She has not built any LEGO since the 70's when me & my siblings were youngsters.

She loved building it, and will be showing it to friends this week now that covid restrictions are relaxing in the senior facility where my parents reside.
    Mom, I love you and I am so proud of you!!!!
    She did mention on the side that if I would feel like sending another set she wouldn't say no :)

@gratefulnat Do send her more! She has me beat by a little less than 3 years (I am 76) and I love building LEGO ... it gives me something interesting and challenging to do and I can adjust it by good and bad days with the arthritis although it actually helps with some of that ... guess the hand exercise is good for it.
    mustang69gratefulnatCymbeline560Heliport
    KungFuKenny said:
    From my experience, the 64 small drawer organizers are more useful unless you have a LOT of each part. The mixed drawers are useful if you have a fair number of either large bricks/plates or a high number of individual pieces. To start, I'd probably pick up a couple of the 64 drawer units and then see what you have too much of.  
    Thank you! I do know I have lots of 2x2s, 2x4s, 2x6s, 2x8s, 1x4s, 1x2s, at least. Will definitely keep this in mind.
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 329
    I hope she likes Roman history and cheese slopes! #10276
    That might be pushing it too far too fast :) ... but she has always enjoyed history and loves blue cheese. Although thinking of architecture sets the upcoming Taj Mahal #21056 might be interesting, will have to see what she thinks.
    GrannyLEGO said:
    @gratefulnat Do send her more! She has me beat by a little less than 3 years (I am 76) and I love building LEGO ... it gives me something interesting and challenging to do and I can adjust it by good and bad days with the arthritis although it actually helps with some of that ... guess the hand exercise is good for it.
    Interesting you mention arthritis, she has dealt with this since she was quite young, and has spent decades making beautiful framed pictures/bookmarks with wild flowers she dries herself. As you say, exercising is paramount in trying to keep the arthritis at bay. I will definitely follow up with her and figure out what she'd love to build next - to my delight she was actually was quite surprised how much she enjoyed building.
    My Dad on the other hand finds the whole idea of LEGO rather...comical, to put it politely. Not that LEGO is new to them - they have watched my collection grow for close to 20 years now.
    560Heliportbandit778CymbelineYellowcastle
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 259
    GrannyLEGO said:
    Interesting you mention arthritis, she has dealt with this since she was quite young, and has spent decades making beautiful framed pictures/bookmarks with wild flowers she dries herself. As you say, exercising is paramount in trying to keep the arthritis at bay. I will definitely follow up with her and figure out what she'd love to build next - to my delight she was actually was quite surprised how much she enjoyed building.

My Dad on the other hand finds the whole idea of LEGO rather...comical, to put it politely. Not that LEGO is new to them - they have watched my collection grow for close to 20 years now.
    I mostly just have the arthritis in my hands common to us old people. I have a considerable area of it at the base of my right thumb and that LEGO does not help but the arthritis in the rest of my hands which mostly means my fingers it helps a lot, I did have to get a small jewelry hammer (for the base parts mostly) because if I push those basic parts together with my hand I aggravate the base of my thumb so you might think of tucking one of those small softer hammers in with your next LEGO gift. My husband is an excellent admirer of my builds and definitely like that it keeps me busy. One of my two sisters even gave me LEGO at Christmas! The Taj Mahal might be a bit tedious but you might look at #10255 Assembly Square, #71741 Ninjago City Gardens, #10273 Haunted House, all good interesting builds without much tedious bits.

Cymbelinegratefulnat
    KungFuKenny said:
    Thank you! I do know I have lots of 2x2s, 2x4s, 2x6s, 2x8s, 1x4s, 1x2s, at least. Will definitely keep this in mind.
    It doesn’t take much of a parts collection to outgrow the mixed drawer size Akro-Mills cabinets. I quickly graduated to 10x7x3” and 12x7x4” stackable Sterilite bins for the most common parts. But I do combine some similar parts into the same bins, like 2x4 and 2x6 plates for example.
    panchox1gmonkey76Modeltrainman
    With the return of LFT and Timmy to the annals of lore and Fishy to the can of trash, I find myself melancholic on the phoenix-like rise and fall of yet another Brickset Classic.

Rest In Peace, Bangate.
    SumoLego560HeliportSwitchfoot55KungFuKennygmonkey76BumblepantsCymbelinedatsunrobbie
    With the return of LFT and Timmy to the annals of lore and Fishy to the can of trash, I find myself melancholic on the phoenix-like rise and fall of yet another Brickset Classic.

Rest In Peace, Bangate.
    Don’t worry, I’ll necro the thread in a couple of years...maybe April 1, 2024?
    gmonkey76YellowcastleSumoLegoBumblepantspanchox1datsunrobbie
    KungFuKenny said:
    It doesn’t take much of a parts collection to outgrow the mixed drawer size Akro-Mills cabinets. I quickly graduated to 10x7x3” and 12x7x4” stackable Sterilite bins for the most common parts. But I do combine some similar parts into the same bins, like 2x 4 and 2x6 plates for example.
    Thank you, both. I guess I shouldn't plan on ditching bins, entirely, then... 
    edited May 28
    KungFuKenny said:
    It doesn’t take much of a parts collection to outgrow the mixed drawer size Akro-Mills cabinets. I quickly graduated to 10x7x3” and 12x7x4” stackable Sterilite bins for the most common parts. But I do combine some similar parts into the same bins, like 2x 4 and 2x6 plates for example.
    It depends on how specific you want to get with your sorting.  If you are putting all 1x2 bricks (all colors) together, then a large bin or drawer works fine.  If you are sorting by part and color then some smaller drawers come in handy.  Below are a couple of pics of my parts collection.  The first pic shows 1x1 bricks and part of the 1x2s.  The second is a wide shot of the rest of the parts (from about 1.5 years ago- it has expanded a bit since🙂).

(Note: these are loose parts for MOCs- the bulk of my collection is in sets that are kept together- I have a hard time parting out sets in most cases as I want to be able to re-build them easily)
    MarshallmariojnscoelhoSwitchfoot55

Rest In Peace, Bangate..
    Wait- the thread is gone for good?   Like the “tree falling in the forest” question, I wonder “if a thread is deleted, do the “likes” accrued within said thread live on or vanish into the ether forever?”  🙂
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 394
    I wasn't going to get them but today I bought the Harry and Hermoine big figs.
    panchox1
    edited May 28
    KungFuKenny said:
    It depends on how specific you want to get with your sorting.  If you are putting all 1x2 bricks (all colors) together, then a large bin or drawer works fine.  If you are sorting by part and color then some smaller drawers come in handy.  Below are a couple of pics of my parts collection.  The first pic shows 1x1 bricks and part of the 1x2s.  The second is a wide shot of the rest of the parts (from about 1.5 years ago- it has expanded a bit since🙂).

(Note: these are loose parts for MOCs- the bulk of my collection is in sets that are kept together- I have a hard time parting out sets in most cases as I want to be able to re-build them easily)
    Thank you, yeah. That's the line of thinking I have, too. Sets I want to keep together are in bins, Parts were grouped by color in bins, but it was deemed too messy by a non-LEGO fan family member, so, that launched the current attempt. Thus, all the questions. Being with my mom and dad has its blessings, but LEGO needing to be tidier was deemed necessary, to use it...
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 534
    These are a good option for when the bricks start out growing the larger bins - 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005H3GAM2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was able to get two sets for $12 each when they went on sale.
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 192
    @KungFuKenny So expensive to have sets and parts separate.. I look at sets I like as parts 1st, the set 2nd. I do build sets but there all sorted into there appropriate parts and colours. I keep separate drawers for Star Wars Parts (sticker/printed) and City etc.. Trying to store sets separately must take up huge amounts of space.
    Modeltrainman
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,308
    I'm excited to see how things progress for you! Pirate layouts at conventions have always been among my favorite. I tend to spend a ton of time just standing and looking over all the tiny details, how the scenes are unfolding, and looking for any fun little easter eggs that the designer may have included. This would certainly be one of those displays for me!
    pxchrisKungFuKenny