Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General DC Discussion

12345679»

Comments

  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,720
    ^ That would be epic! Especially if just a simple reissue but switched colours so it matched the last one.

    Although is Lego likely to go for a camo colour scheme? I know some of the Indiana Jones sets were very army-themed, but that was back in the days before outraged twitter mobs and cancel-culture.
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 196
    I mean its probably just a model that Lego have explored and made for fun. But they have teased/leaked future sets before in their designer videos by mistake or not. (Marvel Hellicarrier)

    Either way as an Owner of the Tumbler from 2014 I'd love this colour way with an updated Bane minifi, Another all black rehash with the same scale etc doesn't interest me. It would need a serious hidden play function (Batpod) 
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 416
     
    jnscoelho said:
    I just noticed that the Batman minifig in #40453 is new. I hadn't realized that underpants on the outside were a thing again.

    A bit of a late reply, but that Batman fig is actually based on Year One, which is unexpected and cool!
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 675
    SMC said:
    ^ ... I still think black is more likely.

    or very very dark gray......
    BumblepantsFizyxSMCYellowcastlejmeninnogmonkey76
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,026
    It'll be black. I'll eat my shield if it's camo.
    BumblepantsJ0rgenKungFuKenny
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 2,104
    edited May 10
    I agree it's most likely to be black but I'm surprised how the camo version is being dismissed so quickly. If lego are planing long term then does a camo one make sense. It will mean people who got the first will be much more likely to get this one. I'm not sure how much it will put people off that don't have the black one but it will add demand for a black one. So in a few years time lego can make a 3rd one.

    This is what has happened with the minifigure version. First we got a black one in the old batman line. Then a camo in the dc line and now there is demand for a black one as its not been seen in a very long time and it looks like it could be coming this year too.
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 653
    The demand for a small black one is more due to #40433 and now #76188 than anything else, imo. The camo one from #76001 isn't really that good in terms of size and detail, it's enough for play but not really a match to the batmobiles I mentioned before.
    But since there are rumours for a UCS one and a smaller, #40433-scale one, I'm wondering if the latter will also be a GWP like they did for the 1989 Batmobile.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,552
    I guess it's hard enough to make in black, without having to reproduce the pattern of a camo. Though it may just be stickers.
    SMC
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 416
    I sincerely hope the small one isn't a GWP! The minifig scale Burtonmobile was amazing, and I'm so sorry I couldn't get it... I hope the Tumbler is black, retail and featuring Batman and Joker. That would be perfect.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,982
    J0rgen said:
    I sincerely hope the small one isn't a GWP! The minifig scale Burtonmobile was amazing, and I'm so sorry I couldn't get it... I hope the Tumbler is black, retail and featuring Batman and Joker. That would be perfect.
    The burtonmobile is pretty easy to bricklink. I did it that way as it prevented the dilemma of 'should I open this and tank its value?'.
    MaffyDJ0rgenKungFuKenny
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 653
    J0rgen said:
    I sincerely hope the small one isn't a GWP! The minifig scale Burtonmobile was amazing, and I'm so sorry I couldn't get it... I hope the Tumbler is black, retail and featuring Batman and Joker. That would be perfect.
    Sorry, but we have enough Jokers already. The Tumbler should come with Scarecrow, Ra's or Bane. Why not all of them? :D
    jmeninno
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 416
    @Bumblepants I know, I've just never really gotten into the Bricklink game, although I absolutely should. The Burtonmobile is the best Batmobile they've ever made, and I need to have it.

    @jnscoelho Generally speaking I agree with you, but I need a Heath Ledger Joker! Scarecrow is easy to make yourself, and Ra's and Bane are a bit boring, so it should be Joker. Could also be Gordon, but I've got the head from the 2013 version, so I'm good. Lucius Fox could be fun, though.
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 653
    edited May 11
    Liam Neeson's Ra's boring? But he has a particular set of skills!
    panchox1Brickless
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 587
    J0rgen said:
    I need a Heath Ledger Joker! 
    Why not try and get SH133 from #76023 The Tumbler?
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 416
    jnscoelho said:
    Liam Neeson's Ra's boring? But he has a particular set of skills!

    As a minifigure ;) He's a great character!

    As for trying to get one from the UCS Tumbler, the cheapest one on Bricklink is 80$...
    SumoLego
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 416
    So... the minifig Tumbler is out in all it's glory, and it's everything I hoped for! (Except for Scarecrow who is very «meh»...) What do you think will be next in the Ultimate Batmobile Series? Could we have a retail, minifig scale Burtonmobile with figs? Perhaps based on Returns? I don't see them going for a Schumacher version (despite those movies being made solely to sell toys), so it's either Burton, DCEU, or The Batman (which is probably most likely). And what will the next UCS set be? I figure either '66 or DCEU. I also wonder whether you'll be able to buy The Tumbler in different colours down the road, for all you camo fans.
    SquirrelFromSpace
  • SquirrelFromSpaceSquirrelFromSpace The MoonMember Posts: 47
    J0rgen said:
    So... the minifig Tumbler is out in all it's glory, and it's everything I hoped for! (Except for Scarecrow who is very «meh»...) What do you think will be next in the Ultimate Batmobile Series? Could we have a retail, minifig scale Burtonmobile with figs? Perhaps based on Returns? I don't see them going for a Schumacher version (despite those movies being made solely to sell toys), so it's either Burton, DCEU, or The Batman (which is probably most likely). And what will the next UCS set be? I figure either '66 or DCEU. I also wonder whether you'll be able to buy The Tumbler in different colours down the road, for all you camo fans.
    I would personally like one based off The Animated Series. LEGO DC Supervillains did an interesting level where we saw what minifigures from that show would look like. 
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76J0rgenThe_Stud
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 196
    I own the original 2014 Tumbler which I think looks better imo, this one is a pass for me.

    However I would be interested to know if I can swap out the back wheels on the original with the more aggressive looking ones on the new model.

    Anyone any idea of the part number for these wheels? Are they exclusive to the new Tumbler?
    SumoLegoSquirrelFromSpace
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,982
    steveomcl said:
    I own the original 2014 Tumbler which I think looks better imo, this one is a pass for me.

    However I would be interested to know if I can swap out the back wheels on the original with the more aggressive looking ones on the new model.

    Anyone any idea of the part number for these wheels? Are they exclusive to the new Tumbler?
    I think they debuted in the lime green technic tractor a couple years back.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,962
    I would personally like one based off The Animated Series. LEGO DC Supervillains did an interesting level where we saw what minifigures from that show would look like. 
    Surely they would have to do the animated series next based on how popular it is. Batman cartoons still reference it today. 

    I think they would have to stick with the films as those are going to be the big sellers. But in my heart I want them to start producing ones from the comic as there are some great sets they could do. 
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 899
    It's like beating a dead horse for me...I desperately would like the bigwig Solomon Grundy, Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist with baby sized Scarface...I'm sure I've ranted about others in the past.

    What kills me is the existence of models I've seen in Lego movies as well as the video games.  I get they are going to do the most popular once but we did get Firefly, Deadshot, Red Hood a few years ago...
    KungFuKennySumoLegoBumblepants
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,226
    ^ And Daredevil.  (But not a DC character, obviously.)

    I think those video games are the worst kind of tease for minifig collectors!
    jmeninnogmonkey76
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,982
    jmeninno said:
    It's like beating a dead horse for me...I desperately would like the bigwig Solomon Grundy, Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist with baby sized Scarface...I'm sure I've ranted about others in the past.

    What kills me is the existence of models I've seen in Lego movies as well as the video games.  I get they are going to do the most popular once but we did get Firefly, Deadshot, Red Hood a few years ago...
    Yeah and with the text leaks for sets based off the upcoming movie we will just be getting another round of boring villains we have gotten 20 times already. I'm still really disappointed the second Lego Batman movie got cancelled as the first was a goldmine of obscure characters.
    klintonjmeninnopxchrisgmonkey76
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,221
    Lego DC is just consistently awful. There have been some shining highlights over the years, notably the Lego Batman Movie stuff, the CMF series, and Super Hero Girls. The constant regurgitation of Batman pap at the expense of DC's colourful multiverse has me skipping 90% of their releases. The last "must have" offering was the WW84 build, over a year ago.

  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,982
    Would be nice if a few suicide squad notables show up in next year's line up. I could see King Shark and Bloodsport doing well as extras alongside mainstream villains as they battle yet another bat vehicle.
    KungFuKenny
  • The_StudThe_Stud IndianaMember Posts: 59
    J0rgen said:
    So... the minifig Tumbler is out in all it's glory, and it's everything I hoped for! (Except for Scarecrow who is very «meh»...) What do you think will be next in the Ultimate Batmobile Series? Could we have a retail, minifig scale Burtonmobile with figs? Perhaps based on Returns? I don't see them going for a Schumacher version (despite those movies being made solely to sell toys), so it's either Burton, DCEU, or The Batman (which is probably most likely). And what will the next UCS set be? I figure either '66 or DCEU. I also wonder whether you'll be able to buy The Tumbler in different colours down the road, for all you camo fans.
    I think they’ll save the Burton Batmobile for when the new Flash movie comes out next year.

    Despite what I think about the films, I would love a Schumacher version just to get a nippled Batman figure. 😂
    KungFuKenny
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,962
    klinton said:
    Lego DC is just consistently awful. There have been some shining highlights over the years, notably the Lego Batman Movie stuff, the CMF series, and Super Hero Girls. The constant regurgitation of Batman pap at the expense of DC's colourful multiverse has me skipping 90% of their releases. The last "must have" offering was the WW84 build, over a year ago.

    The problem is that DC sees Batman as their big attraction, followed by Superman and Wonder Woman. So almost everything is themed towards them as much as possible. To the detriment of a lot of their other characters, who remain undeveloped. This then means that everyone only recognises Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. So DC put more effort into them and around and around and around we go.   
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
Sign In or Register to comment.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy Brickset.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.