Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• KeilupKeilup Frisco, TXMember Posts: 181
    @gmonkey76, thank you! Also, does anybody know how to mount curved track to a baseplate? Would a 2x2 tile with 1 stud work, or do I have to buy many 2x2 turntables? Straights seem straightforward. Also, on the new road plates, do they have tubes on the bottom? One thing I hope to do is have a tiny bit of Radiator Springs, Mater and the others are 4 wide...
    Here's some resources on ballasting standard Lego curves (R40):

KungFuKennygmonkey76Yellowcastlepanchox1Switchfoot55ModeltrainmanOnebricktoomany
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 168
    Hit my local Lego Store yesterday to grab the gwps. I do really like the Tatooine promo.

May the Fourth be with you!

KungFuKennybandit778560Heliportpxchrispanchox1Switchfoot55Onebricktoomany
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,958
    edited May 4
    Haven't posted in a while, haven't built a set in a while either. Life has become a bit hectic with visiting my mum in a hospice the last couple of weeks, but I feel like a treat. R2 is calling to me, but the lack of shelf space is saying no, so I think the Probe Droid may well get ordered later. Just had my covid jab though and my shoulder is aching, so keeping it moving by building something should help!

Edit, noticed that the polybag shuttle is instore only, thats a shame. Not going to drive for an hour to get one!

PJ76ukSwitchfoot55bpk2300KungFuKennyOnebricktoomany
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 387
    All these 1st June releases and my bank account isn't ready.
    560Heliportpanchox1FizyxYellowcastlebpk2300OnebricktoomanyKingAlanIKungFuKenny
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 713
    Sorting by part, now. All 2x4s in a bucket, etc.
    Switchfoot55BumblepantsOnebricktoomany
  • veyniacveyniac Northwest MinnesotaMember Posts: 268
    Even though I am quite busy right now (graduation is coming up!), I am still finding ways to sneak a bit of Lego into my daily routine. My Introduction to Literature college course has a final project in lieu of an exam, and one of the options was to make a "3D model" of one of the settings of the book we are studying. I couldn't pass up such an obvious opportunity, so I am now working on a 1920's era general store.
    Switchfoot55560HeliportYellowcastleOnebricktoomany
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 649
    My '66 Batmobile came in!
    Switchfoot55eMJeeNLpxchrisMarshallmarioKungFuKennyOnebricktoomany
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,385
    panchox1 said:
    My '66 Batmobile came in!
    I ordered it from Walmart.com today too!
    KungFuKennyOnebricktoomanypanchox1Marshallmario
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 148
    Haven't been home in 4 months until last weekend! The Mrs. packed the whole lego room in preparation for moving at end of the month which meant I had to gamble on which box had my Medieval Blacksmith set that I have been eager to build. I grabbed 2 large boxes marked display and headed back to the new place. Opened the boxes and inside found out my luck was really good as it had exactly what I wanted along with death star and entire fleets of rebel and imperial ships.. I haven't even opened the 2nd box yet as I was just all over this set. Ordered 2 new x-wings today as well from lego to get the may 4th exclusive, I need them for my hoth echo base moc that will be upcoming. Super good week.. Can't wait for the end of the month so my family can move up here and see my lego collection come with them.

Switchfoot55veyniac560HeliportKungFuKennypxchrisCymbelineMCNwakeboardMarshallmario
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,131
    I still haven't opened the huge Tantive IV I bought last May the 4th, let alone my non-Star Wars backlog, so I figure I don't need to buy any more, but maybe today I'll finally start that. at least got it out of the backlog pile and put on my building table

#40451 is interesting microscale but not sure if I want it enough to pay 2ndhand market promo prices or buy enoguh to get it from TLG
    KungFuKennybandit778Onebricktoomany
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 713
    Keilup said:
    @gmonkey76, thank you! Also, does anybody know how to mount curved track to a baseplate? Would a 2x2 tile with 1 stud work, or do I have to buy many 2x2 turntables? Straights seem straightforward. Also, on the new road plates, do they have tubes on the bottom? One thing I hope to do is have a tiny bit of Radiator Springs, Mater and the others are 4 wide...
    Here's some resources on ballasting standard Lego curves (R40):

Thank you!

OnebricktoomanyKeilup
    Sorting is difficult. Is there any way to make it less daunting?

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,352

Pay someone else to do it?
    560HeliportKungFuKennyModeltrainman
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 191

Podcasts! Also, if you do it per piece, do it in steps. For example, first a big bin of parts with bars, and then sort that further.
    BumblepantsKungFuKennyveyniacYellowcastleModeltrainmanmsanders
    ^This. The best way to get through repetitive tasks like that is to have something playing in the background. Audiobooks or Twitch streams also work well. I recommend "Extra Pieces", a new Lego podcast hosted by Richard Jones of the Rambling Brick and Jay from Jay's Brick Blog.
    KungFuKennyYellowcastleModeltrainman

Sorting for me is relaxing as long as I don't have to break down to many sets. Breaking down sets gets painful after a while on the fingers (just finished the death star and rebel fleet, ouch) but sorting is mind relaxation time. I put on a movie and just sit there separating blocks, plates and misc. Then I sort the smaller piles after. Right now I am doing it listening to audible books, sometimes movies but it is relaxing none the less.
    KungFuKennyveyniacModeltrainman
    Thank you all! This is the sort that everyone recommended last year. Now I have the space.

• eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 617
    edited May 7
    Visited the Lego Store @ Utrecht this week - took me a wait of 45 mins (max of 7 adults allowed inside, and it's a holiday currently). PaB opened up, so was okay to wait.

Ended up getting one cup, and used some VIPpoint to get 15 euros off. When paying, AJ (the top-sales assistant) saw there actually was 35euros of vouchers... so ended up leaving with 2 cups, 2 CMFs, and as such also 2 GWPs for a spend of over 35euros, whilst paying €7,50 (mostly Medium Nougat 1x1 and 1x2 bricks, and 2x2 Dark Red roof bricks).

Last time i tried to use VIP-vouchers it failed, so CS refunded my points.
    Now the voucher (€20) of last time turned up... Second time that happens for me, actually. Well, no better Lego than free Lego, right? :) ;)
    560Heliportpanchox1CymbelineModeltrainmanAstrobricksKungFuKennyBrickfan50Switchfoot55
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,089
    No access to the PaB wall at Disney Springs.  Total flop...

They had a ton of stock or just about everything.
    KungFuKennyBumblepantsbpk2300Switchfoot55
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 628

Love a delivery day! adding it all to the growing backlog...
    560HeliportMarshallmarioKungFuKennyAstrobricksYellowcastleJRBricksbandit778
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,259
    edited May 8
    Had an interesting/confusing part substitution in #75277

Somehow I ended up with an LBG 32316 technic lift arm instead of a 3666 Dark Green 1 x 6 plate from out of bag 2.
    Bit of a bummer, first wrong piece I've had in a set so far. Fortunately I have some spares to see me through till the replacement part arrives. 
    KungFuKenny560HeliportBumblepants
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,470
    I just finished my #75277. No missing parts. I really want to try Jango Fett's and Din Djarin's helmets next.
    KungFuKennybpk2300Astrobricksbandit778OnebricktoomanyMarshallmariopxchrisSwitchfoot55Mr_Cross
    I’m really trying not to want the SW helmets, but that Boba Fett is wearing me down lol
    Yellowcastlebandit778560Heliportbpk2300OnebricktoomanyMarshallmarioKungFuKennypxchrispanchox1
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,470
    "AAAAAAaaaaaaiiiiii!!!!!!" (That's me screaming as I fall down yet another LEGO rabbit hole.) 
    BumblepantsOnebricktoomanyMarshallmarioKungFuKenny
    What a great week, I brought up 2 boxes full of my lego displays last weekend and started tearing them down. My fingers ache, my nails are jagged and broken but I have taken apart the death star, 2 x-wings, 2 at-at's, 4 tie fighters, 1 a-wing, 1 y-wing, shuttle tyderium, the millennium falcon, the ghost and phantom, 1 batmobile, 1 joker car, multiple take a plays from lego events, my large cantina moc (before lego ever release one) and all the guardians of the galaxy sets. I still have a bit to go, Ninjago and lego movie sets but almost there. I want to sort it before the bulk of my lego collection arrives that way I can just put it all into its sorted drawers. Hopefully the move goes smooth.. Don't want to re-sort 200 hundred thousand bricks *yikes*.

On a happier note wife phoned me today and told me she saw a new lego set tease for monica's apartment and she didn't want to miss out since I didn't order central perk she has done so this morning! *Free Lego!!!* I only skipped the central perk because I figured she would eventually buy it but I never expected it to take this long, even better she will buy the new lego friends set now on launch no doubt!

Onebricktoomany560HeliportKungFuKennypxchris
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 144
    So they don’t go in separate baggies with the instructions and boxes? They all get combined and sorted, then put in drawers? Makes me cringe quite a bit! I have trouble even opening mine.
    edited May 9
    ^^ “200 hundred thousand bricks”

I wouldn’t want to sort 20,000,000 bricks either!
    560Heliport
  • PhoenixioPhoenixio CanadaMember Posts: 40
    nice Mickey, but I can't unsee that his leg isn't filled!   Whyyy? 
    msanders
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 1,999
    edited May 10
    Phoenixio said:
    That middle line is his tail coming down at an angle and curling behind the foot...🙂
    Astrobricks560Heliportmsanders
  • PhoenixioPhoenixio CanadaMember Posts: 40
    Phoenixio said:
    That middle line is his tail coming down at an angle and curling behind the foot...🙂
    Ohhh...  That,s too bad it doesn't have a slightly different angle from the leg then, to highlight that better.  Because strangely the front leg is thinner than the back one in this way.
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 1,999
    @Phoenixio
     I think he based the model off a picture like this one...

Given the scale it would be hard to make the tail thinner or angled differently (it’s only 2 studs wide)... I suppose you could eliminate it altogether though...
    EGRobertsYellowcastlePhoenixio
    So they don’t go in separate baggies with the instructions and boxes? They all get combined and sorted, then put in drawers? Makes me cringe quite a bit! I have trouble even opening mine.
    I love having it sorted, sorting for me is relaxing and it helps when building large mocs. All my sorted drawers of lego are still at home though so right now I am sorting it into zip locks but when it arrives it will be put into the general population of lego. When I want to build a set it isn't hard as everything has a place and generally my son and I have no issues finding what we need. If we put it all sorted by sets then we would have a hard time locating parts for large builds and creations and limit our build capabilities.

^^ “200 hundred thousand bricks”

I wouldn’t want to sort 20,000,000 bricks either!
    Yikes, I see what I did there lol. 200,000.. Ya I like sorting but not as much as my typo lol.
    KungFuKenny560HeliportMarshallmario
    I have had my eye on the Mickey Mouse pixel MOC by kelbiemnz (over on Rebrickable) for a while, and was able to finish it up recently...
    Am I the only one that thinks this looks better than both the LEGO Art mosaics and the buildable sculptures of Mickey & Minnie?
    KungFuKennyEGRobertsFizyxCymbelineSwitchfoot55560HeliportMarshallmario
    pxchris said:
    I have had my eye on the Mickey Mouse pixel MOC by kelbiemnz (over on Rebrickable) for a while, and was able to finish it up recently...
    Am I the only one that thinks this looks better than both the LEGO Art mosaics and the buildable sculptures of Mickey & Minnie?
    No I was kinda thinking the same thing, I keep coming back to this post to look at it and I am not even a huge Mickey fan.. It just looks incredible.
    panchox1pxchris
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,247
    Finally had my shipment from my May 1st order arrive. It got stuck in shipment for a few days near @pxchris. I was starting to think he raided the delivery truck...

Probe Droid, Scout Trooper, and May the 4th GWP secured! 
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
    Finally had my shipment from my May 1st order arrive. It got stuck in shipment for a few days near @pxchris. I was starting to think he raided the delivery truck...

Probe Droid, Scout Trooper, and May the 4th GWP secured! 
    Dammit, caught red handed!
    Switchfoot55560HeliportKungFuKennyBumblepants
    EGRoberts said:
    pxchris said:
    No I was kinda thinking the same thing, I keep coming back to this post to look at it and I am not even a huge Mickey fan.. It just looks incredible.
    Plus, unless I'm mistaken and there's a few oddball rare bricks in there, this looks like it could be built rather cheaply from on-hand bulk bricks.
    560HeliportSwitchfoot55KungFuKennyiwybs
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,247
    ^I've already flagged both mosaics on Rebrickable and started looking through my parts bins. I bet I already have 90%+ of Mickey just with parts on hand. 
    KungFuKennypxchris
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,259
    I had my 18th April, Bricks n Pieces parts order turn up today so managed to finish this.

Looks a lot better than the cylindrical 15 minute wonder of the official set.
    Now just got to pick up the Discovery to go with it.
    FYI, anyone building this, the bottom pentagon of slopes is most definitely a PITA to fit together correctly (as you can see from the slightly miss aligned center slope facing the camera) but I'm not going to touch it as being somewhat ham fisted it's liable to do more harm than good at this point.
    I may try and reinforce it some time down the road but I can live with it until I get time to have a proper play with it.
    pxchrisLobotKungFuKennyiwybsstlux
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 649
    we're currently planning our very first trip to a LEGOLAND. Any tips or tricks I should be aware of?
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 527
    Not sure if you already have the dates in mind but if you can go while school is still in session and pull your kids out a day or two (before a weekend), the crowds might not be as bad. We went about 8 years ago in October. We got there on a Thursday, that evening and on Friday the park was pretty empty so no waiting in long lines. Either way, enjoy the trip!
    panchox1
    The sorting's going pretty well. Hoping it'll be done soon.

veyniacKungFuKennySwitchfoot55
    edited May 12
    Two Lego-related things happened to me today. First, I finished building my General Store school project. I did a couple of preliminary renders before calling it a night, and I am extremely happy with how it looks. I plan to do the actual renders tomorrow, and will probably post them here.
    Second, a smaller Youtuber called My Minecraft No Life uploaded a video reviewing my Minecraft End City MOC. The guy will probably get more publicity from me than I will from him, but it was still cool to see my creation featured like that.
    ^Good luck with the sorting @Modeltrainman. I also need to have a major sorting session in the near future, and I am both dreading and looking forward to it.
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
    I've been on a LEGO book kick lately... started with the LEGO Minifigure: A Visual History, because, well, orange space man. But then I added The LEGO Book. Next I decided to add a couple of much older books that I remembered from my younger days, The Ultimate LEGO Book (1999) and The World of LEGO Toys (1987).

Now I'm wondering what other books I should add to the ol' library, I have a few others on my Amazon wishlist.
    edited May 12
    I do have that one on my wish list @KungFuKenny, but unfortunately it's out of print now, so it's a bit spendier than I'd like.

I also do plan on adding the hardcover of A Million Little Bricks eventually to my shelf. I read the ebook and enjoyed it.
    Of all the days that the Mecabricks render farm could have been offline, it has to be the day that my general store project is due. That's my luck for you. I might just have use Stud.io renders. *shudders at the thought*
    veyniac said:
    Two Lego-related things happened to me today. First, I finished building my General Store school project. I did a couple of preliminary renders before calling it a night, and I am extremely happy with how it looks. I plan to do the actual renders tomorrow, and will probably post them here.
    Second, a smaller Youtuber called My Minecraft No Life uploaded a video reviewing my Minecraft End City MOC. The guy will probably get more publicity from me than I will from him, but it was still cool to see my creation featured like that.
    ^Good luck with the sorting @Modeltrainman. I also need to have a major sorting session in the near future, and I am both dreading and looking forward to it.
    Thanks. Also, what's better about Mecabricks than Eyesight in Stud.io? Both look very pretty, to me. Haven't used MB, much.

veyniac