Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What Have You Done To Your House To Accommodate Your Lego Hobby/Addiction?

Comments

• anastasia666anastasia666 LiverpoolMember Posts: 15
    Haha. About a quarter of the loft is boxed up Lego. I have got a lot! Unfortunately we’ve got no chance of moving. I think the loft is my best bet. I love the sound of a Lego basement. :) 

I stayed up and ordered the new Winnie the Pooh set last night. I’ll have to find somewhere for that to go. Need to get that made up ASAP. 
    560HeliportEGRobertsSumoLegopxchrisgmonkey76
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 250
    Haha. About a quarter of the loft is boxed up Lego. I have got a lot! Unfortunately we’ve got no chance of moving. I think the loft is my best bet. I love the sound of a Lego basement. :) 

I stayed up and ordered the new Winnie the Pooh set last night. I’ll have to find somewhere for that to go. Need to get that made up ASAP. 
    Step two, Winnie the Pooh displayed on his nightstand or dresser. Keep the pressure up and he will work towards a solution lol.  

Jealous, That Pooh set looks really cool but when blacksmith came out my lego budget shifted as I want a few of them, black falcon knights just can't contain my excitement!
    SumoLegogmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,875
    So long as the basement is dry and has good ventilation - my preference would be as much space as possible.  Plus, there is less opportunity for pets, little hands and clumsy family/friends to bump, jostle and touch very enticing and brittle display items...

Plus, it's easy to put a lock on the door.
    EGRobertsgmonkey76FizyxMCNwakeboard
    SumoLego said:
    So long as the basement is dry and has good ventilation - my preference would be as much space as possible.  Plus, there is less opportunity for pets, little hands and clumsy family/friends to bump, jostle and touch very enticing and brittle display items...

Plus, it's easy to put a lock on the door.
    It's Canadian Military Base Housing soooo ya that is 50/50.. Some bases I hear I will need a boat to get around my basement and others are apparently great.. Cross your fingers for me. If I get a leaky one I plan to clear out anastasia666 loft so I can put my excess there for now, rumor has it she is using her husbands side of the bed to display her lego builds now so she has room! Kidding, Ill make my kid sleep on the dining room table and convert his room to my new lego overflow lol.
    gmonkey76FizyxDjblythe05anastasia666SumoLegoCymbeline
  • anastasia666anastasia666 LiverpoolMember Posts: 15
    Haha. You’re more than welcome to help me with the loft @egroberts ! 😁

I think hubby would have a fit if he woke up to Winnie the Pooh on his nightstand! 🤣🤣🤣 Seems like a good idea. 👌🏻👍🏻
    560Heliportgmonkey76
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,105
    How are those book racks supposed to work? Looks like they’d only hold a few books, and not exactly in a space efficient way.
    You fit them alongside a childs bed and you can stand a few books in them for storage. We have a wooden rack similar to the LEGO version for Little Miss Speedy
    Astrobricksgmonkey76
    EGRoberts said:
    ...I will need a boat to get around my basement and others are apparently great...
    Not worth the risk!
    EGRoberts
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,079
    SumoLego said:
    EGRoberts said:
    ...I will need a boat to get around my basement and others are apparently great...
    Not worth the risk!
    Store Lego in boat :)
    EGRoberts
    SumoLego said:
    EGRoberts said:
    Not worth the risk!
    Store Lego in boat :)
    Build boat out of lego to hold lego! Lego Atlantis.. Always like stargate alantis.. But I prefer to just try to find a dry basement lol.
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,077
    I've been collecting over 20+ years - with some dead years - but have kept my collection pretty much in boxes.  I would like to share photos of my collection but I feel like those who dislike box collections would not like it.
    560Heliportdpa1oldtodd33EGRobertsKungFuKennygmonkey76MaffyD
    1265 said:
    I've been collecting over 20+ years - with some dead years - but have kept my collection pretty much in boxes.  I would like to share photos of my collection but I feel like those who dislike box collections would not like it.
    But those who love box collections would love it! So...

Most of my collection is in boxes because I have nowhere to display anything 😐
    MarshallmarioFizyxKungFuKennydspigelgmonkey76Oldfansjr60
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 264
    1265 said:
    I would love to see photos of your collection. I have found the vast majority of people on this forum are quite nice. 
    MaffyD
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,622
    1265 said:
       I learned a long time ago that haters are gonna hate so I don't give a flying s%$t about what other people think of me. I live my life my way. I would love to the pics.
    SumoLegogmonkey76panchox1
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,011
    1265 said:
    Please show us! I always like to see others' collections. Those who don't like box collections can just... not look!
    SumoLegoFizyxgmonkey76
    ^ But how does it smell? ;-)
    ReesesPiecesSumoLegoKungFuKennyEGRobertsCymbelineFizyxMarshallmariogmonkey76datsunrobbie
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    Well, on the outside it’s pretty bad.  When you open it up...
    560HeliportSumoLegoKungFuKennyEGRobertsgmonkey76Oldfanpanchox1
    The intestine pattern lining is an incredible detail.  Bravo!
    YellowcastleKungFuKennyEGRobertsCymbelineFizyxcatwranglerAstrobricksgmonkey76datsunrobbie
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,011
    It looks like a little lightsaber for the zipper pull!
    KungFuKennyEGRobertsCymbelineAstrobricksgmonkey76datsunrobbie
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,340
    edited March 2021
    Ok, I looked it up and was disheartened to see the Tauntaun sleeping bag was $249 on Amazon... a bit of searching though and I found it on sale (at GameStop of all places)... maybe I should have posted in the shopping thread but, hey, it’s the Brickset forum, so...

Edit:
    It looks like the kid size is the cheaper one...unless the adult is only 5 feet tall they will have to spring for the more expensive version!
    Yellowcastle
    Ok, I looked it up and was disheartened to see the Tauntaun sleeping bag was $249 on Amazon... a bit of searching though and I found it on sale (at GameStop of all places)... maybe I should have posted in the shopping thread but, hey, it’s the Brickset forum, so...

Don't get off topic Kenny, we are looking at this as a potential place to store lego.. "Time to build, better cut open the old tauntaun full of bricks!"  Bet you could get a few hundred pounds in there!.
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    ^ Well sure, as it costs a few hundred pounds. :o)
    560HeliportEGRobertsAstrobricksKungFuKennygmonkey76
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,855
    R.I.P. ThinkGeek
    KungFuKennyjmeninnodaynaRT
    Where will the next generation get their Enterprise pizza cutters?
    pxchrisjmeninno
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 686
    edited March 2021
    Well, we (or actually, SWIMBOAT) decided we needed some more cupboards. One that houses our wine/beerglass collection for the kitchenarea, and one because she saw one on the TV and liked it so much. To my surprise, this meant more Lego in the living room/kitchen:

So, for some more colour, a Modular is required. Also, the grey one (below) is a vintage (?) steel cupboard with flaps that open downward, so unpractical for kids' toys. However, ideal to house my Lego-parts-containers:

Also, the big white cupboard next to it needed something behind to little glass doors that earlier housed the glass-collection: also more Lego! Put in a little CMF-stand I made, as well as the London Skyline and #10295.

Yay! Only thing is, I still have some sorting trays filled with 1x*s that are still in the attic. Well, guess I can take those down when building (which I prefer to do on the kitchen table).
    gmonkey76Yellowcastle560HeliportpxchrisSwitchfoot55KungFuKennyKLOKRIECHER
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,212
    All being well we should be moving house within the next few months, and I'll get my own Lego room again! It won't be huge, but it'll be big enough for displaying and for my loose bricks collection, and the views out of the windows are amazing :)

We were going to get shelving and storage built in, but the cost would be extortionate, so I'll cope with Ikea Billy Bookcases instead!

All being well I'll take photos when we move in. :)
    pxchrisKungFuKennyFizyxgmonkey76AstrobricksGothamConstructionCoMr_Cross
  • AfoltvAfoltv California Member Posts: 32
    We built out a full LEGO Room, parts closet, and YouTube studio! Check it out! 

truck730KLOKRIECHER
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,241
    @KungFuKenny I Just finished Fallen Order! Great game. Still working on cleaning up collectibles and fully exploring the planets for the platnium trophy.
    pxchrisKungFuKenny
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,855
    I was really disappointed to have missed out on the Winnie the Pooh VIP prints— luckily @pxchris came to the rescue and traded me one of his!  
    That looks great man!! I was glad to be able to help out a fellow Bricksetter!
    MaffyDbandit778KungFuKennyMarshallmariogmonkey76
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,340
    @KungFuKenny I Just finished Fallen Order! Great game. Still working on cleaning up collectibles and fully exploring the planets for the platnium trophy.
    I’m just starting it after having finished the 3 Tomb Raiders and Metro:Exodus— I’ve heard good things so I’m looking forward to it...
    pxchris said:
    I was really disappointed to have missed out on the Winnie the Pooh VIP prints— luckily @pxchris came to the rescue and traded me one of his!  
    That looks great man!! I was glad to be able to help out a fellow Bricksetter!
    The folks on this forum are the best!  
    pxchris560HeliportYellowcastleSumoLegogmonkey76jmeninno
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,077
    brclark82 said:
    Well after a few years of avoiding it, it’s finally time to sort through my collection after they were stuffed in a spare closet during a move...not sure where I’m gonna put all this, brickset tells me I have close to $40k in this closet 😳
    Very nice!! How did you evaluate the $40K?  I assume this is not based on RRP?
    SumoLego
  • brclark82brclark82 Member Posts: 217
    edited April 2021
    I just used what Brickset's Collection Valuation feature gave me...one thing I have done well is keeping my collection up to date with the brickset database 

It tells me RRP is $21,000 but only has RRP for 378 of my 585 sets, the Collection valuation is only missing value for 50 of my sets which based on a quick glance probably account for less than an addition $1000 but assuming some of the other sets are probably over-valued I would guess $40k is pretty accurate overall
    SumoLego
    On the sides that you can't see include an Imperial Flagship, all of the modulars including Green Grocer and Market Street, plus a few other higher value sets...some of those add up quick!
    KungFuKennySumoLego
    It’s like those gum ball jar guessing games!

P.S. I’m glad I’m not the only one with an amazing personal MISB store. :o)
    KungFuKennySumoLegogmonkey761265FizyxMarshallmariopxchris
    ^ No UCS MF? Amateur!!!
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
    SumoLego said:
    ^ No UCS MF? Amateur!!!
    Would you believe it if I told you I own 584 sets and only 1 Star Wars!  Not a fan 🤷‍♂️ Although I did purchase a 10225 R2-D2 that is on display currently, not sure why but that guy just spoke to me one day when I was at a lego store grand opening event.
    KungFuKennygmonkey761265pxchrisSumoLegohsousa
    brclark82 said:
    ...all of the modulars including Green Grocer and Market Street...
    Are you sure about that? 🙂
    gmonkey76pxchrisSwitchfoot55SumoLegoeMJeeNL
    brclark82 said:
    Would you believe it if I told you I own 584 sets and only 1 Star Wars!
    I'm just trying to make myself feel better.  Anvy makes me snippy.

(Very impressive collection - lots of patience!)
    brclark82 said:
    Pretty sure, why? Did you figure out where I live and snag them?
    SumoLego
    brclark82 said:
    brclark82 said:
    Pretty sure, why? Did you figure out where I live and snag them?
    Nah, just being snarky about Market Street’s disputed modular status...
    SumoLegogmonkey76Switchfoot55
    Maybe it’s an Oxford comma type situation like A) All of the modulars including Green Grocer and B) Market Street.
    SumoLego
  • blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 211
    SumoLego said:
    brclark82 said:
    Would you believe it if I told you I own 584 sets and only 1 Star Wars!
    I'm just trying to make myself feel better.  Anvy makes me snippy.

(Very impressive collection - lots of patience!)
    and a poor speller. or have you amalgamated 2 words?

SumoLego
    Yes, he covets others’ coyote weapons.
    560Heliportgmonkey76SumoLegoKungFuKenny
    Maybe it’s an Oxford comma type situation like A) All of the modulars including Green Grocer and B) Market Street.
    I personally do consider Market Street a modular...if I didn’t own it by now I would probably say it doesn’t count 😉
    SumoLegoKungFuKennyoldtodd33
    ^ And so it begins...

(I meant envy, not anvy.  It's my new abbreviation for anchovies.  Because that makes even less sense?)
    Switchfoot55panchox1KungFuKennygmonkey76GothamConstructionCoAstrobricks