Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

"Temporarily sold out"

Comments

• vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 209
    I've now given up hope of ever getting the Police Station.  Well, that's it for modulars.  Lego just saved me a bunch of money.

Calm down.... jeez.
    This might be better suited in the “unpopular opinion” thread, but I’m not sure how much I even like the police station.  That being said, this set will likely be around into 2023 so I think it’s silly to give up on finding it.
    Well, considering it was "around" for about an hour on the day ordering started, and, unlike the Spring Lantern Festival, hasn't been seen since, I think it's safe to assume they've stopped producing them.

Modulars are sold for between 2 and 6 years after release. If you’re new here, there is a neat feature When you search for “modular” on the main site Where it shows you dates of availability.  it will help get an estimate of how long things last. Don’t give up and resort to 3rd parties or eBay just yet. 
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 209
    Ah I didn’t refresh this thread. Sorry for the duplicate info. 
  • pvp3020pvp3020 Member Posts: 176

madforLEGO said:
    Well, considering it was "around" for about an hour on the day ordering started, and, unlike the Spring Lantern Festival, hasn't been seen since, I think it's safe to assume they've stopped producing them.

No, judging by your few comments so far, you just seem to assume the negative/worst instead of being patient, or checking other sources (like Amazon) for when they may appear. Sets get made in cycles (and LEGO has to supply other stores they have contracts with). The Police Station just came out. Mods typically last at least 2 years..at least (and if the Police station is that popular it should hang around longer). They are not done making them, or the Spring festival either as it is still the beginning of the year. The only concern I can see would be to try to get a Spring festival sooner than later as the last year's CNY sets were done by end of the year (as they are usually a theme based on the animal of the Chinese new year). But its no reason to just 'give up' on sets, otherwise you may as well just 'give up' on LEGO altogether if you think 'temporarily out of stock' means you are never getting the set you want.
    This. You also have to remember that Lego's production schedules are set up months in advance. They can't just switch production from one set to another simply because they've sold out faster than expected. It's not just the bricks, there's the packaging, instruction manuals, stickers, and reconfiguring the production line for the correct bagging up of parts. More importantly they will have contracts to honour with other retailers before they can go back to producing OOS sets for their own store.

560HeliportAstrobricksiwybs
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,985
    I've now given up hope of ever getting the Police Station.  Well, that's it for modulars.  Lego just saved me a bunch of money.

Calm down.... jeez.
    This might be better suited in the “unpopular opinion” thread, but I’m not sure how much I even like the police station.  That being said, this set will likely be around into 2023 so I think it’s silly to give up on finding it.

Uh... so your thought is that Lego went through all the work and time to make and produce a modular, had it available to buy for a day, and have decided never to make it again?? 

How does that make sense? 

Police is not a seasonal set. It is not a limited ideas set. 
    CathyVT
  • quark12000quark12000 hereMember Posts: 23

Calm down.... jeez.

No, judging by your few comments so far, you just seem to assume the negative/worst instead of being patient, or checking other sources (like Amazon) for when they may appear. Sets get made in cycles (and LEGO has to supply other stores they have contracts with). The Police Station just came out. Mods typically last at least 2 years..at least (and if the Police station is that popular it should hang around longer). They are not done making them, or the Spring festival either as it is still the beginning of the year. The only concern I can see would be to try to get a Spring festival sooner than later as the last year's CNY sets were done by end of the year (as they are usually a theme based on the animal of the Chinese new year). But its no reason to just 'give up' on sets, otherwise you may as well just 'give up' on LEGO altogether if you think 'temporarily out of stock' means you are never getting the set you want.
    Considering how I got shafted on that rewards point voucher, yeah, I'm thinking on giving up on LEGO altogether.
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,361
    I was in our local store this afternoon and they had the Police Station, Spring Lantern Festival, the Razorcrest, and Pooh in stock..
    Cymbeline560HeliportSumoLegogmonkey76panchox1davetheoxygenman
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,914
    I'm thinking on giving up on LEGO altogether.
    Bye. 
    560HeliportSumoLegojmeninnoThe_Stud
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,013
    ^ I figure someone would want an Eeoyre on the release date, not a Police Station or Spring Garden...
    vanvonfullmadforLEGObrickventures
    ...Police Station, Spring Lantern Festival, the Razorcrest, and Pooh in stock...
    I'm sure you trade them to a disgruntled Ferengi for a substantial amount of gold-pressed latinum.
    KungFuKennyYellowcastle560Heliportpxchris
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 1,039
    Ferengi?

Garth Marenghi?
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,361
    edited March 2021
    SumoLego said:
    ...Police Station, Spring Lantern Festival, the Razorcrest, and Pooh in stock...
    I'm sure you trade them to a disgruntled Ferengi for a substantial amount of gold-pressed latinum.
    No, but I may have caved a bit and gotten a second SLF to go with my Story of Nian... 🙂

FizyxSumoLegogmonkey76pxchrisMr_CrossThe_Stud
    jmeninno said:
    Ferengi?

Garth Marenghi?
    I think @SumoLego was dusting off a Star Trek reference ... the Ferengi were first seen in ST: The New Generation, I believe...
    SumoLego560Heliportgmonkey76
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    edited March 2021
    SumoLego said:
    You complete me. lol
    SumoLegopxchrisKungFuKenny
    ^ Someone needs to observe the Rules of Acquisition.  

(Side note, I'd also trade for Beskar, but that would cause worlds to collide.)
    gmonkey76KungFuKenny
    Duly noted.  I just like myself some Matt Berry from time to time and couldn't pass up rhyming Ferengi with a Matt Berry association.
    KungFuKenny
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,091
    I was in our local store this afternoon and they had the Police Station, Spring Lantern Festival, the Razorcrest, and Pooh in stock..
    Which local store?
    pxchris said:
    Bye. 
    Wonderful community you've got here.
    pxchris said:
    pxchris said:
    Bye. 
    Wonderful community you've got here.
    I agree - we DO have an absolutely wonderful community here!!

What we don't have/don't need is people who join just to complain about perceived wrongs done to them and make wildly unfounded and uneducated claims.
    Ah, didn't realize I had to run my posts by you first, Gatekeeper.
    edited March 2021
    1265 said:
    Which local store?
    Barton Creek in Austin...

Also, @quark12000 ... it can be frustrating when Lego is advertising something you want but isn’t able to keep production in line with demand.  Don’t give up just yet- most of the sets we all are waiting on will come back in stock.  Check your local store if you have one.  The Police Station won’t be discontinued anytime in the next couple of years, so you have lots of time to get it down the road...
    MarshallmarioSumoLego
    1265 said:
    Which local store?
    Barton Creek in Austin...

Also, @quark12000 ... it can be frustrating when Lego is advertising something you want but isn’t able to keep production in line with demand.  Don’t give up just yet- most of the sets we all are waiting on will come back in stock.  Check your local store if you have one.  The Police Station won’t be discontinued anytime in the next couple of years, so you have lots of time to get it down the road...
    I'm afraid I don't have a local store.  I rely on the online store, not wishing to pay for sets in the extortionist-priced aftermarket.

By the way, thank you for your kind reply.
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 326
    ... Police Station, Spring Lantern Festival, the Razorcrest, and Pooh in stock..
    #10278 Police Station, #80107 Spring Lantern Festival and #21326 Winnie the Pooh check check check ... #75292 Razor Crest ... not interested ... either patience until they come back or staying up to midnight to catch them when released. I am too old to figure immediate satisfaction from anyone including LEGO
    560Heliport
    ...other than that, what did you think of the play, Mrs. Lincoln?
    SumoLegopxchrisBooTheMightyHamster
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    edited March 2021
    Speaking of dead horses, 10509 remains temporarily out of stock in all varieties.
    BumblepantsSumoLegoKungFuKennypxchris
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,151
    ^ That’s a weirdly specific selection 🤔
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 725

Calm down.... jeez.
    I got mine at a Lego store in Feb.  Was in the same store this past Sunday and they had a few.  
    daewoo said:

Calm down.... jeez.
    I got mine at a Lego store in Feb.  Was in the same store this past Sunday and they had a few.  
    I wonder if they're just making them for the stores and not online.  Unfortunately, don't have a store near me.
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,914
    Thanks for being more articulate than me @madforLEGO and saying exactly what was on my mind!
    SumoLegogmonkey76datsunrobbie
  • pvp3020pvp3020 Member Posts: 176
    daewoo said:

Calm down.... jeez.
    I wonder if they're just making them for the stores and not online.  Unfortunately, don't have a store near me.
    I think more likely they have stock "reserved" for stores. Probably these sets were produced at the same time as the online stock but has been selling more slowly due to fewer people able or willing to visit a store. At least I'm hoping that's the case as my local store is due to re-open in a couple of weeks and there are some sets I'm after that have been OOS online for weeks.

KungFuKenny
    The [email protected] stock channel is completely separate from the Retail Store channel.  The Retail Store stock is treated as if they were shipping product to Target, Wal-Mart or any other retailer.

Otherwise, the logistics would be impossible to manage.
    pvp3020gmonkey76
    Maybe there's a crapload of LEGOs on that ship in the Suez Canal?
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76KungFuKennyMr_Cross
    That's the problem with the new canals, they don’t fit the 8 stud wide ships.
    It's too late to make jokes about the Suez Canal. That ship has sailed.
    :rimshot:
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 252
    I can't wait for the new x-wing to come in stock... I should have bought a couple of the #75218  but the new one looks great too. Seems lego has so many popular sets out right now it is becoming difficult to keep up with demand.. Pandemics.. sheesh! I found a "lego guy" in the city I am in and he was trying to sell the new Cantina set (he had 5) for "market value" to some unsuspecting customers at double the retail. I pointed them to lego.com and told them to wait for stock to replenish and got kicked out of the flea market =)
    560HeliportFizyxBumblepantspxchrisKungFuKennygmonkey76MarshallmarioMr_Crossdavetheoxygenman
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,071
    @EGRoberts I bought three of #75218- two at RRP, the third at 30% off. It's excellent. I have one (so far!) #75301, and it's also excellent. At 30 USD cheaper, I think it's better. The wing mechanism is the best yet. 
    EGRoberts
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 252
    @560Heliport That is good to know! I have 2 resistance x-wings (grey/blue & black/orange) but no originals! The smaller part count and price blew me away for how good it looks in the pictures on the new one. I also think it will be great as my son will be able to build it quicker and get to flying faster.
    560Heliport
    @quark12000 - they built more police stations, go grab it!
    tomahawkerKungFuKennydavetheoxygenman
  • PhoenixioPhoenixio Canada/FranceMember Posts: 142
    For those worried about store availability, do take into consideration that even brick and mortar stores struggle to keep stocks.  There has been huge demand since Covid started, and Lego had to close its factories for some time.  They're probably not running at full capacity still, or at least not all of them as the disease gets new waves here and there throughout the globe.  There weren't any stock issues like this in the past: things always came back rather quickly and stores also had full shelves, but this is unprecedented.  Be patient, there certainly are more on their way.
    SumoLegoEGRoberts560HeliportpxchrisFizyxAstrobrickssjr60pvp3020
    ^ Try to buy a new graphics card for a PC.  It's Apocalypseburg out there!
    EGRobertspxchrisFizyxAstrobricksKungFuKennyPhoenixiodavetheoxygenman
    Thank you very much!  Ordered that plus the space shuttle.  I had signed up to be notified when they came back in stock.  I wonder why I didn't get any?
    KungFuKennyiwybs
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,328
    Thank you very much!  Ordered that plus the space shuttle.  I had signed up to be notified when they came back in stock.  I wonder why I didn't get any?
    Unfortunately those stock alerts are very inconsistent, maybe something wrong with the automation
    KungFuKennySumoLegopanchox1
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,151
    Unfortunately those stock alerts are very inconsistent, maybe something wrong with the automation
    Relies on the same knackered hamster ;-)
    KungFuKennyjmeninnoSumoLegogmonkey76
    Relies on the same knackered hamster ;-)
    That's a totally different department.  Run by chinchillas.
    jmeninnoKungFuKennyAstrobricksgmonkey76davetheoxygenman
    Poor little critters.
    KungFuKenny
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,235
    SumoLego said:
    Wrong franchise... Lego doesn't have them... yet.
    KungFuKennySumoLegopxchrisdavetheoxygenman
    Yet
    MaffyDKungFuKennypxchrisdavetheoxygenman