Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] New R2-D2 now on shop.LEGO.com

AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
edited April 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
The new Ultimate Collector Series R2-D2 can now be found at Lego dot com. Available May 1 for $179.99.

Comments

• AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    I neglected to mention it also comes with a miniature R2-D2 figure!
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    You know, that sounded expensive to me at first, but at 8.5 cents per piece, it isn't really compared to other sets. Will grab this during the May the 4th be with you promotion. Can't wait to see the first person to motorize R2!
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,841
    Most of those pieces look very small, so 8.5c/7.1p each might not be great value. Weight has to play a factor too. I'd hope this weighs at least 2.5Kg/5.5 pounds to be the same value for money as most other UCS sets. Anyone know what this weighs?
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,841
    This will need wheels and the 3rd leg to be permanently deployed for motorisation - might give it a go once I have mine to see the internal space going spare.
  • weinnerweinner Banned Posts: 148
    I think it's a good deal