Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 650
    Trying to enter the LEGO IDEAS Unity contest. I can't win, but I'd like the minifig...
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 650
    @Pitfall69
    Can you put flashlight guts in there?
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,713
    Um, a trans-blue kyber crystal goes in it.  It's a real laser sword.
    FizyxModeltrainmanSwitchfoot55
    @SumoLego That'd be pretty cool if it could be true.
    SumoLegoSwitchfoot55
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,561
    ^ but pretty dangerous to have lego fans running around with real light sabres .... :)
    560HeliportSumoLego
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,278
    Venunder said:
    ^ but pretty dangerous to have lego fans running around with real light sabres .... :)
    Yes, considering the YouTube videos I've seen of idiots shooting themselves in the leg or foot while trying to holster or unholster a pistol!
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,177
    Pitfall69 said:
    Just finished my 1:1 Scale LEGO inspired Lightsaber today. Made from Aluminum (it's heavy) and powdercoated in Black Chrome. 
    That came out looking amazing!
    FizyxPitfall69
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 731
    Received copies of Lego Minifigure: A Visual History and Brick by Brick: How Lego Rewrote the Rules of Innovation and Conquered the Global Toy Industry. Will thumb through the former after I finish work this afternoon. Will start reading the latter soon-ish, but not today.
    pxchris
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 347
    @kungfukenny I really need to own a big Technic crane one day. Maybe the next version in a few years, though #42009 seems to be peak crane!
    Opened more CMF21 beekeeper goes great with bee girl. Had to fake a backdrop as there isn't a flower to be seen in the gloomy garden today!

A good excuse to buy the Lego Flowers set that recently came out ;)
    560Heliport
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,371
    Just a few additions arrived today: #30331, the new Minecraft polybag, a number of Series 21 collectable minifigs, plus a few BL orders to go towards my on-going quest to build all of @BenBuildsLego's skylines. I'm working on SW:TESB at the moment and just need 2 more BL orders to arrive, which should then complete the inventory.
    Oh, I completed my sets of 29111 Spider with Elongated Abdomen and 30238 Spider with Round Abdomen and Clip as well. :-)
    KungFuKenny
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,435
    @Pitfall69
    Can you put flashlight guts in there?
    Yes, In fact; I'm going to install my friends saber at some point. Venunder said:
    In your hands or on the floor, LEGO can be dangerous. I speak for my feet ;)
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,435
    pxchris said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    Just finished my 1:1 Scale LEGO inspired Lightsaber today. Made from Aluminum (it's heavy) and powdercoated in Black Chrome. 
    That came out looking amazing!
    Thank you. It is always hard to get a good transparent powdercoat on a part. I had to redo part of the saber because a piece of dust got trapped and caused an imperfection. 
    pxchris
  • HjmHjm RoermondMember Posts: 34
    Moc by me. Ferrari Testarossa 1:8

Legopantsbpk2300TheBigLegoskiMaffyDKLOKRIECHER
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,431
    The goodies have arrived!
    Now I have to break down two other large sets, and then I sort of have a little room (not really, there is Lego everywhere) to build and display my Blacksmith house.
    Finally, I got some sewer babies too! And some other cool minifig packs which are currently discounted. Anyway, in the meantime my backlog of new sets to build has grown again.
    I didn't know the 'Valentines set' is actually a Friends polybag. Not  complaining though, more bricks will come to good use.
    Can't wait to build my Blacksmith!
    FizyxBumblepantsSpeedman29gratefulnatKLOKRIECHER
  • Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 141
    Venunder said:
    Yes, considering the YouTube videos I've seen of idiots shooting themselves in the leg or foot while trying to holster or unholster a pistol!
    DEA agent in room full of kids: "Glock Fo-Tay, 'cuz I be de only one in dis room PO-FESH-NO 'nuff to carry dis...*Negligent Discharges into own foot*"

This is why we have rules like "Always handle it as if it's known loaded," "Never let the muzzle point at anything you're not willing to put a hole in" and the ever-popular "Keep your booger-hook off the bang-switch"...

Status: Bummed with the Ideas results. LEGO had a great opening with the revamped Barracuda that they predictably refuse to exploit and follow up on...
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 372
    Just thinking of 'adult' boxes. I don't think they stand out on a shelf at all. In fact when you put a few of them together none of them stand out. I was at a store yesterday and the only adult oriented set that stood out on the shelf was the Bugatti Chiron due to it's box colour not being black.
    I'm going back to my toy store for the 3rd time in a week for more sets. I finally got the series 21 minifigs I wanted getting the bee keeper yesterday.
    I was inspired over the weekend ( largely by @Mr_Cross ) to work on re-working #6861 X1 Patrol Craft into a Blacktron 1 color scheme...

Pleased with the results, I was able to add a few others from existing parts, including BT versions of #891 , #897 , #918 , and #6823 ...

Next weekend I’m planning on staging an epic face-off with their Classic Space counterparts!

Wow! I love this.
    Switchfoot55Mr_CrossKungFuKennygmonkey76KLOKRIECHERoldtodd33
    So... Who's going to do a Blacktron set in another Space subtheme's colors? #6987 Message Intercept Base in Ice Planet white-blue-trans neon orange?
    Mr_CrossKungFuKennygmonkey76andhe
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,748
    So... Who's going to do a Blacktron set in another Space subtheme's colors? #6987 Message Intercept Base in Ice Planet white-blue-trans neon orange?
    please don’t tempt me... :-)
    560Heliportgmonkey76
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,129
    ^Too late. The seed has been planted. 
    560HeliportKungFuKennygmonkey76
    #6987 If you bought that set back in 1988, kept in sealed pristine MINT condition, it would now according to brickset be worth €822
    I have no idea what the RRP was back then, I assume it wasn't cheap. I never owned it, but I had a classmate who had this set, visiting his house we played with this set quite a few times, until one day he trashed it, and it was no more, except for the parts in the parts-bin that weren't smashed and broken. I always cherished my Lego, he didn't. He cut, melted, glued pieces, smashed others with a hammer. Such a shame, because this set was so epic!
    KungFuKennygmonkey76veyniac560Heliport
    I think it was $50. 
    KungFuKenny
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,948
    #6987 If you bought that set back in 1988, kept in sealed pristine MINT condition, it would now according to brickset be worth €822
    I have no idea what the RRP was back then, I assume it wasn't cheap. I never owned it, but I had a classmate who had this set, visiting his house we played with this set quite a few times, until one day he trashed it, and it was no more, except for the parts in the parts-bin that weren't smashed and broken. I always cherished my Lego, he didn't. He cut, melted, glued pieces, smashed others with a hammer. Such a shame, because this set was so epic!
    I assume he became a serial killer?
    jmeninnoKungFuKenny560HeliportandheTheBigLegoskiCymbelinegratefulnat
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,748
    ...but I had a classmate who had this set, visiting his house we played with this set quite a few times, until one day he trashed it, and it was no more, except for the parts in the parts-bin that weren't smashed and broken. I always cherished my Lego, he didn't. He cut, melted, glued pieces, smashed others with a hammer. Such a shame, because this set was so epic!
    Nah, he became a sanitation worker like that other toy torturer, Sid Phillips...

AstrobricksMr_Cross560HeliportandhejmeninnoTheBigLegoskiCymbelinegmonkey76jnscoelho
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 595

Lovely early morning delivery - I know what I'm doing today!
    560HeliportFizyxSwitchfoot55TheBigLegoskiKLOKRIECHER
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,900
    DPD has informed me my Blacksmith shop should be here around lunchtime today. Its my birthday present to me, so will be tucked away for a month!
    GothamConstructionCoMr_CrossKungFuKennyFizyx
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,391
    edited February 5
    According to my Belgian Lego catalog from 1988, the RRP of #6987 Message Intercept Base was BEF 2799 at the time - so EUR 69.39.

Inflation gets that to EUR 133 today.
    (That's for BE; a couple EUR more or less depending on inflation rates in different countries.)

In 1988 that was 12c/piece. Adjusted for inflation it makes 23c/piece; to be fair there's 2 baseplates and some large pieces. Not that that argument sways people today when a set is over the magical 10c/piece threshold. 😉
    KungFuKennyFizyxTheBigLegoski
    Just noticed that that the time TLG was not shy to increase a set's RRP from one year to the next: BEF 2799 in 1988 for #6987 became BEF 2899 in 1989.

That happens from time to time today as well, but seems to have been more widespread then.
    TheBigLegoski

LOL I don't think so, but I have no idea because, as these things go, we parted ways as soon as we went to different schools after elementary/primary school.
    Astrobricks
    In good old Dutch Guilders (Gulden), that set probably costed 139,95 which was a lot of money back then. (1 Belgian Frank was about 5 cents)

• autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 731
    stlux said:
    According to my Belgian Lego catalog from 1988, the RRP of #6987 Message Intercept Base was BEF 2799 at the time - so EUR 69.39.

Inflation gets that to EUR 133 today.
    (That's for BE; a couple EUR more or less depending on inflation rates in different countries.)

In 1988 that was 12c/piece. Adjusted for inflation it makes 23c/piece; to be fair there's 2 baseplates and some large pieces. Not that that argument sways people today when a set is over the magical 10c/piece threshold. 😉
    For another comparison: EUR 69.39 invested in the S&P 500 index on 1/1/1989 would be worth at least EUR 971.59. (I don't think Yahoo Finance includes dividend reinvestment in that, so you'd probably have significantly more)
    Well, I'm debating on making the mistake decision to start to pursue the K2-SO project. I was curious if anyone in this community has started/finished this and could give me some insights into your journey? Any particular parts that are more difficult/expensive to acquire? 

I feel like I saw a picture in the forums recently of someone who had built it and arranged it with the other droids. Or am I making that up in my mind?
    andheSpeedman29KungFuKennypxchris
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,948
    Well, I'm debating on making the mistake decision to start to pursue the K2-SO project. I was curious if anyone in this community has started/finished this and could give me some insights into your journey? Any particular parts that are more difficult/expensive to acquire? 

I feel like I saw a picture in the forums recently of someone who had built it and arranged it with the other droids. Or am I making that up in my mind?
    I don’t recall seeing anything about K-2SO here recently.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,312

I don’t recall seeing anything about K-2SO here recently.

Not on this thread, but I also saw a photo of someone who had completed it. Unless Switchfoot and I are sharing a collective hallucination.
    Switchfoot55
    edited February 6

@bandit778 has been acquiring the parts for K-2SO over the past months and been sharing his progress in this thread; in January he was at 98%.

I'm sure he'll come across this question soon and will be able to provide some insights.
    KungFuKennyFizyxandhe
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,216

I've assembled all the parts for this but couldn't give an accurate price per part as I have four other project builds on the go so Bricklink orders tend to be a mix of parts for all four builds to minimise shipping costs.
    To be fair, most of the elements used are fairly basic or easily obtainable new but being based in the UK there were a few parts that were not overly plentiful but it may be different State side. 

The parts (for me) that I found a pain to get (again, from UK sellers) were...

This part only came in 5 sets from 2002 & 2003 and isn't widely available New. (Only six US based sellers have stock of this new).

Only came in 7 sets between 2013 & 2016 but more widely available in th US than here although the price varies from between $0.05 to $0.43.

This one surprised me as I thought it would be easily obtainable but it's only been produced in 28 sets between 1986 & 2019 (in black). Again, it does seem to be more widely available in the US but for a relatively small part it's quite expensive, ranging from $0.35 - $1.97.

The technic turntable parts can also be a bit hit or miss as I found stores with these didn't tend to have large amounts of system parts.

And the final PITA is the minifigure, as it only came in one set and is quite expensive (obviously not an issue if you have Krennic's shuttle).
    As I said, being UK based may have as an impact on availability and you may not fun into any of these issues.

I seem to recall @samiam391 collected all the parts and managed to do it fairly easily with a good price per part cost so may be able to offer up more accurate information.
    stluxKungFuKennypxchrisMr_CrossSwitchfoot55andheKLOKRIECHER
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,086
    Received a joossee haul of 30xxx polys this afternoon. 18 in total (should have been 19, but the seller forgot to send one). That's made a sizeable dent in the 30xxx polys released so far this year :-) 

stluxKungFuKennySpeedman29pxchrisFizyxLostInTranslationSalamalexBastyKLOKRIECHER
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,316
    edited February 6
    @Pitfall69 if you decide to do a production run of that Lego lightsaber handle, I'll need to know how much for a copper coloured one... Cause it's probably the only way I'll ever get one in that colour :)
    KungFuKenny
  • veyniacveyniac Northwest MinnesotaMember Posts: 217
    I finally finished my Helmet Collection-scale Darth Maul bust! Thank you so much to everyone on this thread who was kind enough to give me some constructive criticism, it helped a lot! I feel like I have spammed the thread with enough pictures of his hellish face, so I won't put the final images here, but if you are interested you can see the finished product on either the Brickset Builder's Guild thread or Rebrickable.
    FizyxMr_Cross
    @bandit778, thank you for your breakdown from your experience. Of the three parts you showed, I actually have a decent amount of the technic pin and the wheel covers. The inverted slopes appear to be lacking from my inventory. 

I reached out to the creator asking for a cost for the instructions as I didn't see it shown anywhere as to the price. Unless someone here knows? 

The more I think about it, the more likely I think I am to move forward with it. It would certainly be my largest project to date!
    KungFuKennybandit778
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 316
    I didn't know those wheel covers were real LEGO as I couldn't find any identifying markings on them it the bulk lots I bought last summer.  I need to see if I still have them in the bag of bogus parts I was planning to donate.
    Bumblepants
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,761
    edited February 7
    Had to remove a piece of the antenna on Ninjago Gardens so it would fit under the ceiling. Now it sits on the top of my desk providing a nice distraction from boring stuff like work.
    560HeliportSumoLegoBrickfan50
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,299
    @Legopants nice collection of polybags. But please....bury that clown under the patio. 
    LegopantsFizyxBumblepantspxchrisBrickBeltCymbelinegmonkey76
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,086
    edited February 7
    bookmum said:
    @Legopants nice collection of polybags. But please....bury that clown under the patio. 
    Don't worry, @bookmum and any other coulrophobics out there - he's buried under a pile of other polys in a securely sealed clip-lid box. Actually, I'd better just check that the lid really is clipped on securely. Again. 
    SalamalexAstrobricksKungFuKennyBrickBeltCymbelinegmonkey76MaffyD
    I'm hoping a few of those polys make it to general release in the UK. What chance the SC Elva appears on the cover of a summer Top Gear magazine like the Lamborghini one did last year?
    Thats a sweet tractor @KungFuKenny were you not tempted to BL parts to build a second one? Or would that have been too deere? 
    benbacardiKungFuKenny560HeliportMr_Cross
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 683
    Thats a sweet tractor @KungFuKenny were you not tempted to BL parts to build a second one? Or would that have been too deere? 
    It would certainly have been two deere.
    KungFuKenny560HeliportAstrobricksMr_Cross