Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Toys R Us: Save $10 on $50 Purchase 4/8 - 4/14

Comments

• mikersoftmikersoft Member Posts: 57
    Thanks again to the OP! I completed two orders for in store pick-up for a $50 total savings on 5 sets. After that "check-out" tease for two FBs during the last BOGO, I feel somewhat redeemed.

-Mike
  • herekittykittyherekittykitty Member Posts: 122
    I did 3 orders for in store pick up, 3 items each, but out of the 9 I had 4 cancelled (I assume because they didn't have or couldn't find stock in the store). One turned out not to be a good deal once the rest of th order was cancelled, so I will just not pick that one up and let it be cancelled. Picked up 3 items this morning and have one let to pick up tonight at a different store.

So four items total.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    One order for two items for pickup at two different stores. One ended up being 50% off so I am happy with the outcome. Allows me to hold on to my 10% off coupon at the Lego store in the event that I cave and pick up a death star.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    I only grabbed 2 orders of Marvel sets. One to build and one copy to keep sealed and bring out in 20 years or so.....should be fun.
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 246
    Thanks @neomonkey for highlighting this yesterday. As the TRU in Times Square doesn't do pickups, I ordered the 3 Avengers sets yesterday morning, then went back to the well last night for 2 more orders (POTC 4191, Dino 5882 and 5883 on one order, the SW Advent Calendar, SW 9489 & 8083, and a minifig to trip the $50 in the other). Even with shipping, there's a significant saving over retail.

Anyway, wasn't expecting much since there's no way this can be a legit deal - but just got confirmation of my first order shipping. Holding out hope for the other two...
  • vader34mtvader34mt Member Posts: 88
    picked up my order today

2 captain america sets and the loki's cosmic cube...23.89

will keep iron man, loki, and captain america

will sell one complete avenging cycle set and then a lot containing the other 2 opened sets
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    I was chatting with someone who did around 15 orders. I did 9, though 1 has to be picked up, and 1 seems to be lost in the shuffle somewhere.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    In the end, about 14 orders (some HP, Marvel, SW, City, AC) for me. I was buying for multiple people and holidays.

And I was kind of half thinking they were gonna cancel some of these. I guess I won't be buying much for awhile.
  • thecleatorthecleator Member Posts: 70
    15? Wow bet TRU employees made some remarks on that one
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    edited April 2012
    Just 4 for me (2 pickup, 2 delivery). I was on a self imposed buying break until the May promotion but there was no way I could pass this offer up :)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,174
    It appears my orders are going through... at least one of them has...
    Hoping the baseplate orders this morning go through
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    edited April 2012
    Man... I just bought a Tower Bridge (20% off though... crushed box) so I didn't place an order. My budget is busted this month. I was going to pick up the Marvel sets eventually anyway. Another lost opportunity. I have no love for TRU but I think part of me felt bad. Who knows.

Congrats on all your deals though.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,385
    I made 8, 5 in-store and 3 shipped. Got my 5 earlier today, and haven't gotten a shipping confirmation on my 3 yet.
    For me, it was 6 marvel sets and 18 star wars sets, all for army building. So really, I could buy an unlimited number of these sets and still feel as though they are "needed." And it wasn't too long ago I had received a new batch of Battle Packs from another source. Photos:

http://brickupdate.com/even-more-lego-star-wars-battle-packs/
    I just got shipment confirmation on one of my 3 shipping orders, it was SW though. Still hoping my marvel sets go through.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    2 orders picked up today. store clerk asked if they were running some kind of special or something, as he had had a lot of these pickup orders yesterday. I gave him a vague yes answer.

2 more orders yesterday for delivery. Haven't gotten shipment confirmations on either yet.

At various times I had another half dozen orders queued up and ready to go (delivery), but I kept bailing out in the end.

My final haul will be:

1x Droid Escape
    2x Endor battle packs
    2x elite clone troopers
    3x Wolverine Choppers
    2x Loki's Cosmic Cube
    1x PF Train Motor
    1x Switching Tracks
    So really, I could buy an unlimited number of these sets and still feel as though they are "needed."
    Hard to imagine finding a better deal for SW army building - battle packs for $5 each
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 738
    I purchased the 3 new Marvel sets (6865, 6866, 6867) on Sunday evening and later received my order # and price/Paypal confirmation for the 3 sets. Today I received 2 emails from TRU. The first was a confirmation on 6866 & 6867 that they had shipped and the second was a total for my 2 sets ordered for $11.99each. Is this TRU way of saying my 6865 order was cancelled?
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    Not necessarily. They could be shipping seperately.
    @scotty12: I had the same thing happen to me, the Cap America set has not shipped out of one of my orders, but the other two sets did.
    I think TRU is going to honor the prices on the sets, but I'm guessing they have run out of a lot of these sets they sold, and we may wait a bit for them, but that is just a guess.
  • zmagilicutiezmagilicutie Member Posts: 12
    They ship from different warehouses. I have received orders from NJ, OH, and MD in the past, so one item may be at one warehouse, and the others are at another warehouse.
  • evantylerevantyler Central OhioMember Posts: 80
    3 separate orders, each with 3 sets purchased=9 sets total. I've received shipping confirmation on all. Got some great sets and baseplates for myself, and a couple sets to donate to our workplace holiday toy drive when that rolls around again this year.

(I'm trying to practice a little charity in my obsession to get a great deal! lol)
    Still waiting for a lot of my confirmations as of this morning
  • thecleatorthecleator Member Posts: 70
    Just picked up 9 orders no problems. They mentioned how surprised they were to get so many orders in one day
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    All of my Marvel sets (the 3 first suggested in this thread) have confirmed as shipped, so no cancellation here. My local B&M stores do not have the Marvel sets yet. I also purchased three sets of three of the small SW sets, which seemed to be in the sale even though is says SW is excepted from it. So I picked up in-store:

Two planet sets for $2 each
    Four battle packs for $5 each
    The Genonosian Battle and Droid Escape for $12 each
    The Battle for Naboo for $20 (just to get over the $50 threshold for the planet sets).
  • LegoPodcasterLegoPodcaster Member Posts: 115
    I have tried using the code with the Marvel and Star Wars sets and it says it was not applied. I have no idea why.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,232
    The code excludes Star Wars, Friends, Ninjago and Super Heroes.
    The code excludes Star Wars, Friends, Ninjago and Super Heroes.
    What is everyone using to get the Marvel and Star Wars sets?

• BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    ^ You can't anymore. It was a glitch that was fixed yesterday morning that allowed people to get $30 off a $50 order, and get SW and Marvel sets that weren't part of the promotion.
    @LegoPodcaster The code is on the first page of this thread - the first post. But, it doesn't seem to be working as it once did to grab Marvel or Star Wars sets. It was the greatest code in the world for about 40 hours on Sunday and Monday! But alas, no more.
    @LegoPodcaster The code is on the first page of this thread - the first post. But, it doesn't seem to be working as it once did to grab Marvel or Star Wars sets. It was the greatest code in the world for about 40 hours on Sunday and Monday! But alas, no more.
    Thanks for the help! I guess I just missed out on this deal. :(

• allmybricksallmybricks Member Posts: 156
    Parts of my shipped orders have started to arrive! I only did 2 for pickup and 3 for shipping. Still waiting on 1 shipment confirmation though.
    I randomly got 2 boxes from TRU in the mail this morning with 3 out of my 8 ordered sets. Just checked my E-mail and received shipment confirmation on 3 more. Looks like TRU is going to honor all the orders, but shipping will be from all over the place as people have already said.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    Lots of confirmations as well.

TRU stays true.
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 519
    It was the greatest code in the world for about 40 hours on Sunday and Monday! But alas, no more.
    Indeed. The greatest. I'm already saying "Remember that time when TRU discounted brand new Marvel and SW sets for over 50%?"
    If it hadn't been on a holiday weekend, I bet that would've been fixed in 12-16 hours max.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^^It seriously was "The Greatest" release party for the Marvel sets. I'm still giddy with happiness from the score. Final count was 10 Cpt. America, 3 Cosmic Cubes, 3 Wolverines, 2 Droid Escapes for ~$145 total before tax.
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 519
    I don't have a final count yet since things are still en route but so far:

13 Elite Clone Trooper Battle Pack
    6 Droid Escapes
    6 Captain America
    5 Cosmic Cubes
    3 Wolverines

No tax and in store pickups made for a stellar deal.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    Hats off to TRU for honoring the glitch. I expected the online orders to be cancelled Monday morning, but sounds like they shipped them for everyone...quite the pleasant surprise. :)
    I wanted to leave Marvel sets for others..but apparently there were no supply issues as all sets were available until they fixed the glitch (if it was a glitch)
    So I turned my attention to baseplates/roadplates.. Even after shipping and tax it was something like 5 dollar per plate....
    Finally got my shipment confirmations, all items shipped. Now the inevitable "dang, why didn't I place more orders!" feeling is setting in....

Honestly, ~50% discounts on 1st day items and items not normally discounted so heavily (base/road plates, Train Track, PF functions) is the proverbial "once in a lifetime" opportunity.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    ^LOL, I know the feeling. During the sale I was thinking that I was placing too many orders. Now that it's over I feel like I didn't order enough.
    On a related note - did anyone else find themselves treating this whole thing as one big ethical dilemma? it was certainly one of those "too good to be true" kind of deals. We all knew it was an error - it was the only realistic explanation. do you take advantage of the error or not? only once, or as much as possible? Would you have acted differently if it was at lego.com instead of TRU? What about your mom and pop toystore?

It can get interesting...
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,007
    I agree, now that I have had time to think about it more I am thinking of all the other sets I should have gotten.
    @dougts I have considered this in the past, sure. The way I have justified this in my head is as follows: I ABSOLUTELY would have acted differently if this was a mom and pop store.

For me, TRU falls into the "giant corporate entity" category. As such, they tend to treat me a certain way. So I merely return the attitude they give me. Not out of spite or anything, but they set a very certain tone with their customer service, their pricing, etc. I have to follow all of these little rules that no manager will bend, even for basic customer service stuff. So, if they mess something up like a coupon code, I don't bend to assume why it happened and give them the benefit of the doubt. I merely meet the expectations they have set for our relationship together.

A mom and pop store would be VERY different. The cause and effect of a coupon error has a different scale for their business.
    Here was my total haul from the sale, see photo. Not included is the box the second Wolverine set I have built already.

• sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    ^ Ethics should not be based upon the size of the company ("too big to fail", anyone?), for better or worse. The ethics issue only would come into play if you violated their system in an underhanded way.
    As noted above, they had the right to cancel all of the shipped orders both for money and for category of toy, but did not. Nor do they seem concerned about what happened, except to adjust the sale to the original limits. Perhaps it was an unstated "Easter egg", afterall.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    I don't see an issue. They are big boys.

Now, if you were to try to return the items without a receipt for credit at the full price, that would be unethical.
    edited April 2012
    Here was my total haul from the sale, see photo. Not included is the box the second Wolverine set I have built already.
    Also, I'm starting to wonder if this really was intentional, considering they had enough stock to placate to all of these multiple orders for the same exact sets (although Im guessing that SW being part of it was probably a mistake on their part, but who knows?) and being able to fill all of these orders for the Marvel sets specifically...
    Or maybe I am just wishfully thinking that someone will not lose their job if this was an error on their part.
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    ^ oh, someone totally got fired for that. No question. It's unthinkable that they'd let a promotion code go live to production like that on their site without QA'ing it first. It is standard industry practice to have QA staging servers to test changes on, which then get pushed to production when tested and verified. They didn't do this, or else some QA person took the day off and lied that it was tested. Either way, someone was most assuredly fired.
    I don't see an issue. They are big boys.

Now, if you were to try to return the items without a receipt for credit at the full price, that would be unethical.
    Actually I'm guessing they could find the electronic receipt for you in this case or they will try really hard.
    AND if they can prove what you paid they would probably be more than happy to take the items back from you and give you the sale price back.