Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Toys R Us: Save $10 on $50 Purchase 4/8 - 4/14

Comments

• LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    Seems like they have caught on now, because I can't get the code to work on anything.
    Try this:

Log out, clear cookies and cache, close browser, re-launch browser then goto the site.

Add things to your cart, login and purchase, no problems with my 3 orders this morning.

Used the same toysrus account on all3, no problems

Via Toys N Bricks
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    You know what, I'm glad they finally caught it. I kept feeling the pressure to order more more more more more! Really incredible deal. I placed an order about an hour ago, maybe a bit longer. So they only just caught it.
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 519
    I don't know. I placed another 4 orders about 10 minutes ago and it was still working.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Still working for me. Amazingly this glitch never made the popular deal sites do just a couple hundred AFOls taking advantage. I have a feeling if orders ramped up they would nix the deal.
  • coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    It's not working here anymore. Even used a different computer and different account and now it only applies to one item on the cart.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    I tried too, and it is only applying the discount to one item.
    Bummer. I hope they don't cancel my order placed earlier today.
    edited April 2012
    Maybe it was a short-lived Toys R Us "Easter Egg". :D

Thanks to @sidersd for the initial post, and @neomonkey and @dougts for alerting us on which items to buy!

This was just a fantastic deal.
    edited April 2012
    *eom*
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167
    I did a bunch of orders.. for the Marvel sets and for the baseplates (as that was a good deal) I hope they do not get cancelled BUT I also hope TRU does not 'ASSUME' you wanted to items at the correct sale parameters and decide to charge 'appropriately'.
  • thecleatorthecleator Member Posts: 70
    If I dont have a printer can i just bring in a list of the order numbers and some ID? Or do i need to hit the library?
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 345
    Can TRU do that? I would hope you'd get an e-mail first saying they were going to "fix" the sale price and give you the option of paying the higher price. I don't know to what extent the invoice we receive and proof payment gives the consumer any rights, but charging someone more than what they've been invoiced without notification is awfully sleazy.

But I forget, this is TRU. While I have taken advantage of this sale (6 orders, to be precise), they would never get my money under their normal business practices (I'm still waiting to see those "holiday" prices come back to where they were; good thing I wasn't holding my breath).
  • neomonkeyneomonkey Member Posts: 82
    If I dont have a printer can i just bring in a list of the order numbers and some ID? Or do i need to hit the library?
    Things will go smoother if you have the barcode on their email to scan.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    edited April 2012
    They have the ability to look it up a number of ways, but my local stores seem to prefer certain methods. There is a GFS number on your order confirmation that they prefer to go by and not your Order Confirmation #.
    Can I have the barcode on my phone's screen? My printer is broken, and I was wondering if just having the numbers or the barcode transferred to my Android phone would help.
  • forumreaderforumreader Member Posts: 97
    Can I have the barcode on my phone's screen? My printer is broken, and I was wondering if just having the numbers or the barcode transferred to my Android phone would help.
    This is what I do and it works fine. The cashier made an offhand comment about how nobody seems to have a printer, so it must happen fairly often in my area.
    So if I write down both the gfs and barcodes that should be sufficient?
  • intromissionintromission Member Posts: 197
    Both times I've picked up an order at Toys R Us I've just shown the email on my phone. It's an 8 or 9 digit number.
    edited April 2012
    Thanks guys. Showing the e-mail on the phone will save me a lot of time. Usually when I need to print anything these days I bring to OfficeDepot and pay a few cents to print it. Not much room on my desk anymore with 4 creator houses and a bunch of vehicles and minifigs nearby. :)
    Go pick up your orders ASAP. Head office is now sending notes to all TRU locations to cancel orders.

Via TNB.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    I take it the 2 orders I placed for shipping yesterday will be cancelled?
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    Head office is now sending notes to all TRU locations to cancel orders.
    Source again?
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    I can see all the little TRU corporate ants running around in circles!
    edited April 2012
    Head office is now sending notes to all TRU locations to cancel orders.
    Source again?
    Toys N Bricks.
    EDIT: I think I may of have misunderstood your message.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,384
    I just got home from my TRU and got 5 of my orders totaling 15 sets.
    Manager- "May I ask why you did so many separate orders?"
    Me- "Um... there was a promo code."
    Manager- "Oh... oh, ok." *Hands me 5 separate bags full of Lego.

Easy enough there for the in-store pickup. But like @LegobrandonCP, best pick up your items now while TRU stores are still somewhat ignorant of the glitch.
    I take it the 2 orders I placed for shipping yesterday will be cancelled?
    Unfortunately, they most likely will. Along with my 3..

• RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Ah bummer. The store near me had very limited stock so I had to rely on shipping :(
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    Yeah - when I picked up my bags this morning, I think it was pretty evident that something was not right on their end. I am sad to miss out on Loki and Wolverine, which were online components for me.

The Lego shelves at opening were practically empty from overnight pulls for online orders. That was a sign too I think!
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,384
    Ah bummer. The store near me had very limited stock so I had to rely on shipping :(
    Same here :-(
    Yeah - when I picked up my bags this morning, I think it was pretty evident that something was not right on their end. I am sad to miss out on Loki and Wolverine, which were online components for me.

The Lego shelves at opening were practically empty from overnight pulls for online orders. That was a sign too I think!
    Strangely, I don't think I've ever seen my local TRU so stocked with LEGO. Unfortunately they only had a few marvel sets, so I had to rely on shipping for that which most likely won't work out now..
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    Well, I won't be able to get there until late tonight, and that's if I am lucky. Tomorrow is more likely. I'm going to go ahead and assume that if my order is cancelled they'll still manage to charge my credit card and it will then be an absolute disaster to try to get my money back.
    I paid with PayPal my orders say ready for pickup but i gotta go in the morning. We shall see
    I've never had to cancel through TRU before. Can anyone speak to situations like this from experience?
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    Ironically, this fiasco (from their point of view - certainly not ours) may help to justify their inflated retail prices that we all complain about.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,232
    This promotion ran for nearly 40 hours. I would be really amazed if they tried to cancel all of their outstanding LEGO orders, especially those already picked and set aside for will call pickup. For every AFOL who ordered, there were probably 8 or 9 normal people just buying for birthdays, etc. And if this was not how the promotion was intended, they should just adjust the terms and move on.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    Interesting...TRU didn't send me any shipped emails yet, but I just got an email from UPS Quantum showing some stuff is due to deliver tomorrow. Could be a good sign for those that got orders in yesterday...if the email from UPS is in fact true.
    @Yellowcastle. Makes sense. You said the same thing when TRU had that BOGO that stacked with the 10-30% discounts for a few hours. And you were right.

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167
    edited April 2012
    Go pick up your orders ASAP. Head office is now sending notes to all TRU locations to cancel orders.

Via TNB.

Where was this said??
    I was on their thread about this on TNB and I see nothing about that, I see that local pickups are getting canceled.. probably due to the fact that stores only have so much inventory and since people are posting multiple orders to stores I'm not surprised if their store pickup feature online is not keeping up.
    I have not seen a cancellation notice for mine, and I ordered online..
    I mean if it gets canceled it gets canceled, but I saw no one saying this is because The head office said to cancel orders (otherwise I'm guessing I would have seen my, and others seen their, online orders get canceled)

• hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    This promotion ran for nearly 40 hours. I would be really amazed if they tried to cancel all of their outstanding LEGO orders, especially those already picked and set aside for will call pickup. For every AFOL who ordered, there were probably 8 or 9 normal people just buying for birthdays, etc. And if this was not how the promotion was intended, they should just adjust the terms and move on.
    I hope you're right, Yellowcastle. And I hope the good folks at the Alexandria, VA and Clinton, MD TRUs agree with you as well :).
    edited April 2012
    I freaked out and went on to pickup mine a few minutes ago. Everything went smoothly and I've got my 3 Star Wars sets, but I agree with @Yellocastle, it would be even worse for them to start cancelling everything that's ready to pickup at the store.

It's amazing how time over time TRU messes up their promotions. They must have really stupid people working on their website's admin checking on boxes when they do these promotions.

Via TNB.

Where was this said??
    I was on their thread about this on TNB and I see nothing about that, I see that local pickups are getting canceled.. probably due to the fact that stores only have so much inventory and since people are posting multiple orders to stores I'm not surprised if their store pickup feature online is not keeping up.
    I have not seen a cancellation notice for mine, and I ordered online..
    I mean if it gets canceled it gets canceled, but I saw no one saying this is because The head office said to cancel orders (otherwise I'm guessing I would have seen my, and others seen their, online orders get canceled)

I stand corrected. But people should still pick up their orders ASAP to avoid getting cancellations and having to deal with being charged MSRP on the sets they ordered. Since TRU seems to of have fixed the issue, they could still send a note to all TRU locations about this promotion and what to do with all remaining orders in the system.

It's amazing how time over time TRU messes up their promotions. They must have really stupid people working on their website's admin checking on boxes when they do these promotions.
    Please do not call these people stupid. They are like little Lego angels, bestowing wonderful deals periodically.

I hope they keep up the good work!! :D

• YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,232
    Suspending new pick up orders is a bit different than going into every TRU in-store cubby, identifying any orders that contain LEGO, verifying if said orders were promotional, removing and canceling the affected orders, and putting back the stock. If TRU wanted to go down that route, then more power to them.

I still think that a fair number of these supposed glitches are intentional. If not, whoa does their quality control stink.
  • neomonkeyneomonkey Member Posts: 82
    Several of my earliest orders just shipped out with UPS 2nd Day Air. I used ShopRunner if that makes any difference.
  • intromissionintromission Member Posts: 197
    Haha!

Congrats! I would hope that YOU get them. Good luck to everyone else.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    My orders placed early Sunday morning have all shipped. Used Shoprunner as well. Thanks again OP! Very nice deal.
    Please do not call these people stupid. They are like little Lego angels, bestowing wonderful deals periodically.

I hope they keep up the good work!! :D
    On a second thought.... you are absolutely right! These stup... I mean GENIUS employees are what still drive us to check Toys R' Us every now and then, because their *real* price points really suck.

• korkor Member Posts: 392
    I just got an email that mine shipped out. I was starting to worry!
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    I just received shipping confirmation on my order placed around 9:30am EST yesterday. I did not use shoprunner so it appears there is hope other orders will go through.
  • stephenvwstephenvw Lexington, KYMember Posts: 89
    I received shipping confirmation on all 5 of my orders!
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    So what't the most number of orders someone here will own up to? I had 8 total.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    I only did 2.