Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 148
    SirBrickalotOfLego said: So now when I think I'm sick of seeing something on my shelves I just disassemble it and store it away until I want to bring it out again. So my advice is do that and make space for some new stuff.
    I haven't built anything in years and it's taking up so much space (even packaged up). You can see photos of my Lego room in my post history so you know what I'm talking about. I am fearful of that regret you mentioned though.

Maybe I'll sell the things I KNOW I won't want to build or rebuild. Thank you!!
    I spied your lego room, I work away from home for extended periods of time and when I get home the draw to my lego room is high as it is like a sanctuary. What I would say is stay out of the room for 2 weeks then walk in sit at the desk and if you don't feel relaxed and happy at that point then box it all up and put in a storage unit.. Don't sell it though, that is the path to the dark side!
    littletoki
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,290
    edited January 17
    EGRoberts said:
    Wet and dreary day here, so its modular street dusting time....
    ....then I pulled a load of tiles up and rearranged a couple of the buildings
    My wife was not a fan but it turns out make up brushes are awesome for cleaning lego, they come in odd sizes to fit in hard to reach builds and they are firm enough to get all the dust but soft enough to not scratch it. The Mrs. cleans hers and leaves them in the lego room to dry out and the one day I was like "I wonder..."  2 days on the couch/sofa and she forgave me lol. Now I have a full set of my own bought at sephora (I shop there for her all the time) just to dust my lego.
    I totally endorse this!  I used to use a retractable camera brush, which is still excellent, but makeup brushes have different bristle lengths and firmness.  I had purchased a cheapy fun set of like, 12 (the  handles are in the shape of unicorn horns!) to go with some of my cosmetic empties which I put together as a pretend "make up kit" in my nieces' toy box.  But one day I couldn't find my camera brush so I reclaimed one, haha.  It worked so well I took two other different styles out, to be part of my permanent cleaning tools kit. Best part is that they were like £8 for all 12... I feel like I got pretty good value out of them because there are still enough for the kiddos to share, plus I get new tools! 

To be fair though there is no way that I'd have used my regular makeup brushes, unless they needed replacing (altho by then they'd probably be pretty useless, I tend to really wear them out...).  There's no way I'd use them on my face again even after a clean! 
  • Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 146
    Status: missed ONE Pug Guy (drew the showgirl instead) from completing both our sets of CMF's. :( SO close... and with them being five bucks a pop now each scratch is a bigger bite.
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 386
    I got the new City Race Buggy Transporter today and the steering action on the buggy is brilliant. Some features Lego try to implement fall flat on their face but I really like the new steering. The Gardens should be arriving tomorrow as well.
    Bumblepants
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,899
    edited January 17
    Really excited by the IDEAs vote for bringing back a classic themed set! Limit of only three votes is really suffocating, I want so many of these to happen. Also please vote Wolfpack!
    KungFuKennyMCNwakeboardFizyxpxchrisandhe
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 650
    Legopants said:
    Right, I've spent the last couple of hours fondling my box of 36 Series 21 minifigs.
    For anyone interested, here's the bag sequence (number on bottom of box: 6341809 / 118789 038).
    Left compartment (front to rear):
    1 Airplane Girl
    2 Violin Kid
    3 Airplane Girl
    4 Violin Kid
    5 Alien
    6 Space Police Guy
    7 Alien
    8 Space Police Guy
    9 Alien
    10 Space Police Guy
    11 Beekeeper
    12 Paddle Surfer
    13 Beekeeper
    14 Paddle Surfer
    15 Beekeeper
    16 Paddle Surfer
    17 Ladybird Girl
    18 Ladybird Girl
    Right compartment (front to rear):
    1 Violin Kid
    2 Airplane Girl
    3 Ancient Warrior
    4 Ancient Warrior
    5 Ancient Warrior
    6 Centaur Warrior
    7 Centaur Warrior
    8 Centaur Warrior
    9 Shipwreck Survivor
    10 Shipwreck Survivor
    11 Shipwreck Survivor
    12 Cabaret Singer
    13 Cabaret Singer
    14 Cabaret Singer
    15 Pug Costume Guy
    16 Pug Costume Guy
    17 Pug Costume Guy
    18 Ladybird Girl

I opened 5 boxes and their distribution was different from yours. And one of my boxes had 4 Ladybirg Girls and 2 Pug Costume Guys. From the other 4, 3 of them were identical and the other one had the groupings swapped.
    The most frequent distribution was:

LEFT (from front to rear):

3X ALIEN

3X SPACE POLICE

1X BEEKEEPER

1X PADDLE SURFER (DOUBLE BAG)

1X BEEKEEPER

1X BEEKEEPER

2X VIOLIN KID

2X AIRPLANE GIRL (DOUBLE BAG)

1X PUG

1X LADYBIRD

RIGHT (front to rear):

1X ANCIENT WARRIOR

1X CENTAUR (DOUBLE BAG)

1X ANCIENT WARRIOR

1X CENTAUR (DOUBLE BAG)

1X ANCIENT WARRIOR

1X CENTAUR (DOUBLE BAG)

3X SHIPWRECK

3X CABARET SINGER (DOUBLE BAG)

1X VIOLIN KID

1X AIRPLANE GIRL (DOUBLE BAG)

1X PUG

1X LADYBIRD

1X PUG

1X LADYBIRD

Legopantssnowhitie
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 650
    Spent some time dusting and reorganizing my CMFs, to add series 21.

LegopantsKungFuKennysnowhitieFizyxpxchris
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,090
    Bag 4 done :-) 

KungFuKennyMr_CrossSwitchfoot55pxchris
    Bag 5 done :-)

Mr_CrossSalamalexSwitchfoot55pxchrisFowlerBricks
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 1,989
    Really excited by the IDEAs vote for bringing back a classic themed set! Limit of only three votes is really suffocating, I want so many of these to happen. Also please vote Wolfpack!
    I’m curious what themes everyone will choose (I had to pick Forestmen over Wolfpack though!)...  Classic Space and Adventurers rounded out my top 3.  I would be happy with most of the options, although it would have been funny if a hidden Jack Stone contingent could have overwhelmed the voting...

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/fd5cc3b8-284f-4520-825f-7c3f5e4a50fe
    BumblepantsMr_CrossFizyxsnowhitiepxchrisandhe
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,454
    More than anything else, I'm just delighted that LEGO are rewarding us with this. ANY of these themes making a return is good news, if only for one set. If received well, I'm hopeful it could pave the way for more sets with similar reworkings of retired themes.
    BumblepantsKungFuKennygmonkey76560HeliportFizyxsnowhitiepxchrisandhe
    Bag 6 done :-)  Right, time for a comfort break and then a cup of tea.

dpa1Mr_CrossmessySalamalexFizyxsnowhitieLostInTranslationSwitchfoot55pxchris
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 144
    I’m curious what themes everyone will choose (I had to pick Forestmen over Wolfpack though!)...  Classic Space and Adventurers rounded out my top 3.  I would be happy with most of the options, although it would have been funny if a hidden Jack Stone contingent could have overwhelmed the voting...

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/fd5cc3b8-284f-4520-825f-7c3f5e4a50fe
    I voted Classic Castle because the Yellow Castle just means Lego to me. I would buy one to build, one to keep mint in package, one for each of my two boys (ages 28+30)and an extra one for just in case.
    Second vote was for Lion Knights because if you can’t tell I love castle.
    Third was for Ice Planet because Space is so cool and the color scheme is awesome.
    Great to see Lego may have some interest in some remakes. Bring back Legends!

• truck730truck730 Member Posts: 314
    Castle pirates and adventures, any castle and pirates but I went classic castle
    KungFuKenny
  • KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 251
    Found a spot for the corner garage modular in my LEGO room:

KungFuKennybenbacardiAstrobricksFizyxsnowhitieLegopantsLostInTranslationpxchris
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,331
    edited January 17
    ^ How does one get in and out of the garage? :)
    autolycusCymbelineFizyxKungFuKennyandhe
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,073
    I want to know why Galidor was not on the list.
    CymbelineKungFuKennypxchrisMaffyDSumoLego
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 1,989
    edited January 18
    My status today - watching the NFL playoffs while building the CLAAS Xerion tractor ( #42054 )...

snowhitieBumblepantsLegopantsGothamConstructionCoSwitchfoot55Speedman29KLOKRIECHER
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,373
    I got a new Kallax unit along with another Lack shelf built and in my LEGO room late last week meaning that I get to build (re-build in a number of cases) more sets for display! Yippie!
    dpa1KungFuKenny
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 360
    All my Lego orders have finally shipped! Sadly my crystal ball is out of action so who knows when they will arrive! 
    andhe
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,958
    My status today - watching the NFL playoffs while building the CLAAS Xerion tractor ( #42054 )...
    Building it with the crawler tracks then? Such a fun build the CLAAS, it was my Christmas present in 2016, the triple steering system is brilliant.
    You never realise sometimes how big these things are when you build them in bricks, but in the summer of 2016 we visited a countryshow which had a tractor display on. Little Miss Speedy for scale in the rear tyre

BastySwitchfoot55GothamConstructionCoKungFuKennyKLOKRIECHERAstrobricksveyniacsnowhitie
    Building it with the crawler tracks then? Such a fun build the CLAAS, it was my Christmas present in 2016, the triple steering system is brilliant.
    Not yet- just building the standard version (the wallpaper was for inspiration). I’m already looking at add-ons and mods, but I need to finish it first!
    Speedman29
  • KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 251
    ^ How does one get in and out of the garage? :)

It's just a temporary spot until I've built the bookshop modular. ;-)
    CymbelineKungFuKennyAstrobricksandhe
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,235
    Over the weekend I built a set that I had salvaged from a bulk lot and finished off with a BL order only to find that I was missing four pieces. I'm usually extremely careful when ordering parts, updating lists, and verifying that it is complete, so I'm a bit confused as to how it happened.  

It has caused quite a bit of unease about the other bulk-bin and BL'd sets I have waiting to build. Enough that I started re-cataloging my UCS R2-D2 to ensure it's ready to go as I plan to build it next. 

As a side note, confirming the correct parts are present for a set that essentially only has a handful of different colors is rather exhausting. 
    KungFuKennypxchris
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 393
    I've received shipping notices for the Clubhouse, Police Station and Ninjago Gardens plus other small items for this week. Very busy times ahead! :)
    Switchfoot55KungFuKennysnowhitie
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,438
    I also just got notification that my ordered NC Garden + Skating Rink GWP is now in the warehouse, so we'll see how long it takes from here.
    I'm not in any rush, as I'm not going to build it for quite some time anyway (NC & Docks still unbuilt!)
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 386
    My local store has Mos Eisley Cantina in stock. Makes me feel bad because if I knew they were getting it in I would have bought it from them.
    Lego also has Elf Clubhouse in stock right at the time I've bought too much Lego and am on a break while I build the sets I have backed up.
    My NCG is supposed to be delivered tomorrow :)
  • mafonmafon TushinoMember Posts: 75
    I wonder if they added chest with the loot just for the angler fish.

KLOKRIECHERKungFuKennysnowhitie
    My NCG is supposed to be delivered tomorrow :)
    It showed up today! I was glad to see Lego shipped NCG and the GWP skating rink in separate boxes, and NCG was in the fitted outer box (which had two dents but they didn’t reach the set box inside).
    KungFuKenny
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 393
    @KungFuKenny Lol, I've just built the JKBrickworks wooden duck as well but it has a large hole in the body where element 41766 should be until my BL order arrives. The eyes from #40501 are available on Bricks and Pieces so I'm using those instead.
    KungFuKenny
    edited January 22
    Got the No Starch Press Lego Train Projects book for Christmas and decided to build the long flat car with electrical load, I think it'll look good behind my Crocodile.

You get free downloads of the XML files for the different wagons in the book which makes things easier. Needed a couple of changes for parts that were a bit pricy. I also found a BL seller with enough wheel sets and couplers for another couple of wagons, so snapped them up for my spares stash. Should come in handy if I decide to make another WV train wagon from the plans I bought a few years ago.
    Switchfoot55KungFuKennyBumblepantsGothamConstructionCoKLOKRIECHER
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 712
    I got a minifig that isn't in Brickset's database yet. She came in a lot of Detroit Autoshow stuff, including a tiny  LEGO Silverado, a bag, and a LEGO Movie 2 Chevrolet tile. She looks like the Ford drivers from SC, but her gear says EcoBoost. (Photo from seller.) I kind of want to use the truck as a sign outside of a Chevy dealership I'd like to build... Oh, and wishing I could just get Gus from #43192 without buying another carriage... Hopefully someday. 
    GothamConstructionCoKungFuKennySumoLegoKLOKRIECHER
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,073
    ^ Chase McCain and the Drs. Joneses don't seem to have a problem.  Looks like he wiped out the phone booth as well.

No Kree infiltrations today!

I found the Pet Shop in many pieces in one of the drawers.  Must have been the victim of some sort of transportation debacle...
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
    Bag 8 done. Just bag 9 left now :-) 

SumoLegoKungFuKenny560HeliportsnowhitieMr_CrossLostInTranslationmsanderspxchrisKLOKRIECHER
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 782
    edited January 24
    @SumoLego I have Maersk train envy. Its one set I really regret not picking up when I saw it down to £60 once.
    In UK news, the South East of England has had a delightful snow fall this morning, which can only mean one thing.....

I deeply regret selling my Maersk Train (I had no plans for a railway at the time).
    You got more snow than us, although Bumblebee doesn’t seem to be enjoying  the snow much.
    SumoLegoKungFuKenny560HeliportKLOKRIECHER
    I deeply regret selling my Maersk Train (I had no plans for a railway at the time).
    You got more snow than us, although Bumblebee doesn’t seem to be enjoying  the snow much.
    I see them come up for a couple of hundred pounds. I'd want loco and three wagons to make a reasonable train.
    We had about 3hrs heavy snow, couple of inches everywhere, suns out and its melting away now. Bumblebee is a hoot in the snow. 

RWD, rear engine, all the weight over fairly skinny tyres at the back and only 50hp, so you can drift it on the slippery stuff, but it never becomes too much.

dspigelGothamConstructionCoSumoLegoKungFuKenny560HeliportMr_CrossMynatt
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 782
    ^ I did start to Bricklink the Loco a few years ago but found the cost new of the four long bars, baseplate and sticker sheet to come to nearly as much as a built second hand item on eBay. 
    SumoLego