Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 453
    edited January 1
    Having the same issues here. Why can’t they upgrade their website? I either have zero orders or 50. I guess we’ll see.
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 183

Grrrrrrrr........

That minifig is annoying me. Just look at him, waving gingerly instead of using his computer to fix this $:?& website. 
    KungFuKennygmonkey76CymbelineFizyxred237Oubird
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 261
    I placed an order, they charged my card and then it errored out. No idea if the order went through or not. This is the way.
    KungFuKenny
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,170

Grrrrrrrr........

I got that and just started to refresh my screen until I saw my checkout options.
    gmonkey76KungFuKenny
  • MooreFXMooreFX CaliforniaMember Posts: 84
    We are getting the unexpected error occurred, try again later message when adding to bag.  Just another last minute disappointment to this no good very bad year. ☹️
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,691
    refreshing my screen and at payment info only has my email and phone for info. rrrrrrrrrr
  • ravendragonwingravendragonwing Member Posts: 176
    Got to the Processing page twice, they charged my card and then reversed the charge?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,100
    edited January 1
    I’m wondering which of the new releases is causing the most traffic...

Also, I finally got the cart to show a total besides $0.00, but neither PayPal or CC will process... 😬
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 915
    I know it's a #firstworldproblem...

...but I give up.  Spent an hour painstakingly building a cart.  Then found out some items I wanted are now "Coming Soon" instead of being available today as originally advertised.  Then tried to check out.  Done.  Maybe I'll try again when I wake up.
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 511
    ^Whatever's gone from "Available Now" to "Temporarily Out Of Stock" when the dust settles, at a guess. Could be a long time before we find out, since I've been trying to place my order for an hour and still can't get one in place. And of course everyone on Central Time is now joining in the merry games....
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 426
    I'm going in circles.  Now It's asking for my name & address.  Scary thing is I think it's coming up with every address in their Database because every time I add a letter a bunch of different addresses populate the drop down.
    KungFuKenny
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,691
    Finally got all the way to the end, and it wouldn't take my payment. Now my cart is either empty or I can't get into it.
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 429
    It took my payment, confirmed my order and then promptly cancelled it!
    KungFuKenny
    And now the website is down......
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,147
    Maintenance screen now.

• PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 493
    Website is down for me as well only because it has to "update"
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,136
    Getting a maintenance screen and service unavailable just going to the front page now, so maybe they are working on some fixes... (I have to be optimistic, for the new year, right?)
    Very bottom of the page says downtime or capacity problems.....
  • mic27mic27 Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 15
    Successfully and easily ordered 10 minutes ago, so hopefully it has been fixed
    MooreFX
    Success, finally ordered. Fixed before midnight here 😄. That is wonderful. Happy New Year 🥳
    Looks like everyone is trying again as I cannot seem to get into the checkout screen
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 429
    3 hours later I was able to place 2 orders and use some of my points! Happy New Year everyone!
    MooreFX
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 511
    edited January 1
    Finally (just now) put my two orders through--Botanicals in one order and 3 HP Moments in the other, so two cars and the MBOB. Whew! And yes, one order was mostly paid for in points!
    MooreFX
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 632
    Happy new year everyone!  Sorry you all went through that grief last night.  Rarely do I ever order modulars on day 1, usually wait for double VIP or something but that vintage car promo is too good to pass up on and goes perfect with any modular.  
    KungFuKennyMooreFXmic27
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 915
    No problems this morning.  While I'm still annoyed (my wife recalls me complaining quite a bit last New Year's Eve/Day with regards to the site), The Child is finally on his way!  Really wish the small Batman set and xtra sets were released today.
    KungFuKenny
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 912
    Woke up around 8:00am EST. Had no problems placing an order for Hogwarts Astronomy Tower and the Panda Brickheadz. Police Station was still in stock (still is at 10:40). Hogwarts Moments were backorder (now all but one are TOOS). X-Wing and TIE Fighter were backorder (still are).

Looks like Hedwig and Burrow are now backorder. They weren't earlier.

Trouble on Tatooine is still available. That's a little surprising, but maybe they knew it would be high demand and produced a TON of it.
    Yeah, it is nice to see LEGO having stocks of what we likely going to be in demand sets. I lucked out last night and managed to get my order in, but she got hosed (likely due to trying to get more than one item in her order as she wanted each Potter book) so she gave up and got on about 4am and the site issues seemed to be resolved (or everyone gave up by then). She also got the promos to stack and got both the car and the Book of Monsters (at least that is what the checkout showed).
    Looks like LEGOs site is having issues again
    I'm getting a 'It looks like something has gone wrong' error page and in multiple browsers. Is anyone else having issues getting into the checkout page?
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 301
    I'm getting a 'It looks like something has gone wrong' error page and in multiple browsers. Is anyone else having issues getting into the checkout page?
    Yes.
    I figured out how to get rid of that error. I signed out, added something to my cart, and then signed in, and then I could check out.
    FizyxAstrobricksMooreFX
  • mic27mic27 Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 15
    It appears that the Ice Rink is back as GWP, from 1/7 to 1/31! Must've had a lot of ice rinks left over, and since they seemingly ran out of cars, why not? Since everything was out of stock in December, I never picked one up, so I'm certainly not mad! 
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 683
    When was the car scheduled to end?
  • RraiderRraider USMember Posts: 36
    panchox1 said:
    When was the car scheduled to end?
    January 31
    panchox1
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,526
    Well it took long enough, but I finally got shipping notice yesterday evening for my order from the 1st including the car GWP.
    Switchfoot55autolycusFizyx
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 912
    edited January 7
    pxchris said:
    Well it took long enough, but I finally got shipping notice yesterday evening for my order from the 1st including the car GWP.
    I got my shipping notice for my 8am 1/1/21 order this morning. Hogwarts Astronomy Tower, 2x GWP, and VIP metal brick keychain are in route!
    Switchfoot55
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 125
    I finally received the shipping notice from my January 2 order today.  Surprisingly all the Harry Potter Hogwart's Moments sets I ordered are marked as shipped even though they were listed as backordered at the time I placed my order.  The bonus is that I had added the Tuk Tuk to my order to make sure that the GWP's shipped right away and it's now sold out as well. 
    Anyone else still having issues trying to check out?
    edited January 8
    Anyone else still having issues trying to check out?
    I have not after doing the trick I noted above. I think it is something to do with the way you browser sees the ID, or their site sees your ID. I called LEGO CS and they told me that I have a lot of orders in the system but the way they appear is like I have created a new account over and over again even though I only have one ID in the system (at least related to my VIP code). This theory is backed up by the fact that while my info is in the checkout already I have to go through my shipping and billing address instead of the checkout taking me straight to the payment options.
    Everything seems to be on back-order on the site this mourning. I placed an order, 60 days or two weeks it seems. The January catalog just came yesterday. I want those gold ninjas, and looking forward to building the City Gardens too. Hope it isn’t released on back order. 
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 261
    I still can’t place orders when logged into my account. Says the order total is $0.00 no matter what I add to the cart. 
    I had to log out of my account again, add stuff to the cart and then checkout. What was weird is that I then saw my last cart appear after checking out with the new cart.. LEGO's site is wonderful.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 738
    Is it just a matter of [email protected]/LEGO being so far behind that most stuff is still 'out of stock'?  Target.com has many NEW sets...Creator Expert/Ideas sets on their website or in-store.  Seems kinda like the opposite way of doing things where LEGO itself can't sell/provide their products on their own site but you can buy them elsewhere.
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,617
    edited January 10
    Of course many of the new sets are on backorder. More people than ever before are buying online. Do you want TLG to delay releasing January 2021 sets until they've produced enough for everyone to get one immediately? There would still be problems shipping them!
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 493
    LEGO has to sell to their big distributors even if their website has been OoS for some time because they have contracts with those guys to give them a certain amount of product.  They always give them new Star Wars, exclusives, and other stuff at the start of a new year.  They could probably prioritize most of their newly produced product for mostly themselves during Christmas, but now that that is over it is time to meet their business requirements.
    560HeliportFizyxscotty12
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 738

^^ Chill.  I wasn't complaining about the backorders because of online shopping...but they should have enough product to last more than a week...unless your suggesting TLG sold hundreds of thousands Bonsai Trees already. And if they're so 'backordered' on old sets and now new sets...how are they ever going to get caught up? The NEW themed City of Garden sets aren't available on [email protected] but they ARE on Target.com and in-store already.  I was just mentioning that it seemed a bit odd(and poor business) that a brand new set wasn't available at [email protected] but I could get it at Target.....how does LEGO not have enough in-stock already for their own business after a week.  I mean it's not a one-time only offered set.  So why not produce enough to have in stock for a reasonable amount of time...either start production earlier or hold it back a month or two.  Who says it has to be released Jan 1?? Why not Jan 15? Feb?  Who cares.  I know we're a society of no patience.  They release other products at odd times of the year....mid August.  In an online shopping world, with website malfunctions and 'out of stock' delays, it seems TLG sometimes treats it half-assed.  And I know it's probably a small percentage of their sales...but they're not a small company...not to have this many continuous problems with a website too.
      Probably over 50% of the last few pages in this thread are people mentioning/complaining(god forbid) about product out-of-stock.  That can't be good for business.  Why buy from TLG when I can get it somewhere else just as fast or on sale.  As ^PapaBear said above...they have other commitments...but they know that way, way ahead of time...that's locked in.  And it's probably a cost cutting move...only produce enough for a certain amount of time...and if they run out....make more. It's a sin for companies to over produce, I get it. On and off the shelves and replace with the new.  Yet #10214 Tower Bridge was for sale for 8-9years on [email protected]  Too many sets on the website bad for business?  I'm not suggesting extreme over production but seriously...one week.
     So now don't steer this into me hating TLG.  I buy stuff from the them.  But the casual people will go where it's the best price and availability.  The point is...keeping existing customers happy/loyal and making first-time/one-time customers coming back.  Many gift givers don't know about [email protected]  They do their normal shopping at Target, Walmart and Amazon.  Why give them another reason to keep shopping there for YOUR products.
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 505
    Some sets now available at [email protected] Haunted House, Cantina and ECTO-1 on backorder.
    AstrobricksMCNwakeboard
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 125
    Thanks for the heads up Bludragon :)  I'd given up browsing [email protected] lately due to lack of pretty much everything but now have a Cantina waiting for me on backorder.
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,100
    The Christmas wreath is available again on [email protected] ...
    Switchfoot55madforLEGO
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 426
    Wish I had seen this a couple of hours ago because the Wreath still shows Sold Out for me.