Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Secret Santa 2020

Comments

• BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,368
    Thanks @snowhitie !

SumoLego
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,074
    Just to confirm. Posts within the "Have You Seen My Unusual Parts?" thread should be considered as a wish list? I have a lot of random parts to offload gift if so.  
    KungFuKenny560HeliportMaffyDkiki180703FowlerBricksSumoLego
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 653
    I'm finding the £15 limit much trickier this year! I'm not somebody with a large stash to just pull from (it's clear from previous photos of gifts sent that they are worth far more than £15)

… or am I? ;-) 
    FowlerBricksKungFuKennySumoLego
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,751
    Me checking out my santee like:
    Secret Agent Junkbot  LEGO  Know Your Meme

KungFuKennypanchox1FowlerBricksSeijiAmasawakiki180703SumoLego
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,987
    I think this year is the easiest Secret Santa yet for me.
    KungFuKennyFowlerBricksSeijiAmasawakiki180703SumoLego
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,897
    edited November 2020
    I am not sure my Secret Santa has behaved this year so they are getting Brix Play from Poundland.

Or are they?
    kezKungFuKennyBELTRADSeijiAmasawagmonkey76kiki180703SumoLego
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,537
    Quick update: It’s a little over 38 days til Christmas and some packages are already moving their way across Europe... excitement is building!

I may decide to splurge for my SS... on AliExpress I can get a Cafe Corner for $85!  :-)

Switchfoot55FowlerBricksSeijiAmasawaGothamConstructionCoshikadikiki180703SumoLegosnowhitieM1J0E
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,519
    Apologies in advance to my Secret Santa if you end up sifting through the piles of drivel I leave scattered around these forums.
    KungFuKenny560HeliportshikadikezGothamConstructionCoSirBrickalotOfLegokiki180703SumoLegosnowhitie
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,074
    I thought "Theme X" wasn't launching until 2021 though?
    560HeliportKungFuKennyGothamConstructionCoAddicted2Oxygenkiki180703SumoLegoSeijiAmasawa
  • LASELASE The NetherlandsMember Posts: 2
    @BooTheMightyHamster: don't worry, for my Secret Santa it is completely different.
    KungFuKennySumoLego
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,724
    That moment when you get a chance to begin the stalking and find you have loads of your victims Santees wanted list in your trade pile.....but you still go and buy something else to go with it!
    All wrapped and ready to ship....or am I!
    KungFuKennyGothamConstructionCoFowlerBricksAddicted2OxygenMaffyDkiki180703SumoLego
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,693
    I sent mine off weeks ago.
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55panchox1kiki180703SumoLego
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 508
    I sent mine off weeks ago.

Me too.

Or will I weeks from now?????????

KungFuKennyFowlerBricksSumoLego
  • timmeyhtimmeyh BelgiumMember Posts: 18
    I will send mine off on monday. Hopefully it will arrive on time :)
    KungFuKennySumoLego
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 757
    edited November 2020
    Awaiting the last parts orders from various sites to arrive. 
    Question is, are they for me or my recipient?
    Or have I sent my present already? 

KungFuKennykhmellymelSumoLego
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,751
    I recognize I haven't posted much here or updated my wanted list in forever, so I'll just leave this here to make my Secret Santa's day easier:
    "I like anything cool, odd, or interesting. My LEGO hayday was the 90's to early 2000s, so anything with that kind of feel will always make me happy."
    KungFuKennyFowlerBricksSumoLegosnowhitieSeijiAmasawaM1J0E
    Has anyone else started the reading back of past SS threads? Or is it just me?
    Switchfoot55MaffyDHugeBlueBrickKungFuKennykiki180703SprinkleOtterSumoLegosnowhitieSeijiAmasawa
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 295
    I have actually bought something, not everything, but something. It’s even LEGO related. 
    FowlerBricksKungFuKennySeijiAmasawakiki180703
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 499
    ^ The bar has been set, time to get myself in gear.......or i posted mine already. Oh, and i love chocolate (just saying) ;)
    KungFuKennyGothamConstructionCoBrainsluggedFowlerBrickssnowhitieSeijiAmasawakiki180703
    Ohhh yeah! And it begins!
    SeijiAmasawaKungFuKennykiki180703
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,519
    ^^ Oof! Coming out the gate hot!
    GothamConstructionCobrickedinSeijiAmasawaKungFuKennykiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,448
    Oooo... I know, I know!
    SeijiAmasawaFowlerBricksKungFuKennykiki180703
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,025
    edited November 2020
    Glad presents are coming in! Very festive @ravendragonwing, now just a couple more sleeps till you can open it!
    ravendragonwingSeijiAmasawaFowlerBricksGothamConstructionCoKungFuKennykiki180703
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,724
    Might have got things sorted here and ready to ship....or maybe not!
    KungFuKennyFowlerBricksGothamConstructionCokiki180703
    I shipped mine out today...or maybe not?
    GothamConstructionCo
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,368
    I suppose I'd better start thinking about this then.
    FowlerBricksGothamConstructionCoSeijiAmasawaAddicted2OxygenKungFuKennykezkiki180703msandersgratefulnat
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,298
    And I better stop stalking my recipient.
    GothamConstructionCoSprinkleOtterSeijiAmasawaKungFuKennykezkiki180703msanders
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 303
    Looks like overspends on budget or people are getting rid of all that stuff that fell of a lorry
    shikadiFowlerBricksKungFuKennykiki180703GothamConstructionCoSeijiAmasawa
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,987
    I think everyone overspends, but I bet with the whole pandemic thing people are doing it a little more.
    khmellymelKungFuKennykiki180703GothamConstructionCoSeijiAmasawaM1J0E
    edited December 2020
    truck730 said:
    Looks like overspends on budget or people are getting rid of all that stuff that fell of a lorry
    Plus folks (myself included) will often include some extras out of their own stash, which technically wouldn’t count against the spend limit, right? 🙂

Side note:  I have received a package from my Secret Santa’s helper elf, Jeff Bezos! 
    560HeliportGothamConstructionCoTheOriginalSimonBstluxSeijiAmasawagratefulnat
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 303
    I overspend too but the spend value is near budget but regular price would've been nearer double. Chocolate wouldn't survive here to be posted 
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
    edited December 2020
    Just a quick update from Europe- 50% of Secret Santas have now shipped their packages, and several have arrived.  Just a couple of quick reminders:

1. Please leave plenty of time to account for long shipping delays due to Covid
    2. Let your respective organizer know when you ship your gift out to your Santee
    3. Also please notify us when your Secret Santa's gift arrives at your home

It's a little over 21 days til we can open up those packages and start building, and I can hardly wait!
    FowlerBricksstluxUnikittykezsnowhitieSeijiAmasawakiki180703gratefulnat
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,298
    edited December 2020
    truck730 said:
    The important thing is that the average spend across all Secret Santas is around £15/$20. I try to offset everyone else's overspending by sending my santee nothing more than a used brick separator.
    Now what is going through my brain is are you just cheap (sending a teal one) or really, really cheap (an orange one)? :-) Your brick separator colour indicates your level of cheapness.

EDIT: I just saw it's used, so I guess it could be a green one or the old grey ones. Or even a new black fat-boy.

KungFuKennyGothamConstructionCoFowlerBricksveyniacBooTheMightyHamsterkiki180703M1J0E
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 238
    Panties
    Never thought I’d write that in a Lego forum.
    KungFuKennygmonkey76snowhitiekiki180703Switchfoot55M1J0E
  • MeganLMeganL West Coast Outpost, Brickset TowersMember Posts: 115
    Socks.  Definitely the socks.
    KungFuKennySprinkleOtter
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,448
    @Legoboy could use that hair trimmer.  Just sayin'...
    gmonkey76SprinkleOtter