Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,376
    Just finished ordering pieces for Mirko's K-Project, can't wait to build it!
    bandit778KungFuKennykarmajay
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,259
    samiam391 said:
    Just finished ordering pieces for Mirko's K-Project, can't wait to build it!

Just ordered the instrction manual myself.
    Probably won't get round to building it till late 2021 but wanted to make sure I had the book in hand for when I do.
    Look forward to hearing how you get on with it.
    KungFuKenny
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,375
    Went digging through the parts bins this weekend trying to piece together a few more childhood sets (#6698 #6590 and #8832). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make any of them 100% complete (though #6590 is very close). Then I head over to Bricklink to see what it's going to set me back to complete them and of course a couple of the pieces I'm missing are very expensive ones. Sigh.

That said, I have managed to re-assemble probably about 60-75% of my childhood collection now. That brings me joy.
    560HeliportCymbelineKungFuKennyBumblepantsvanvonfull
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 1,992
    @pxchris
    Those are fun little sets and definitely worth completing - I took a pic a while back of my #6698 with the camper & boat from #6388 ...

The glass for the sunroof is usually the most expensive part by far...
    Mr_Crossrd1899GothamConstructionCopxchrisSpeedman29560HeliportKLOKRIECHER
    The glass for the sunroof is usually the most expensive part by far...
    Yep, and I'm missing both of them for #6698. I might just end up subbing for the version with ridges for the time being because spending $5 a piece for those just doesn't give me a good feeling. I'm also missing 1 of the clear window inserts (I have a light blue in there currently). For #6590 I'm missing a couple of the clear panels without ridges (but I swore I saw some more of them in my kid's collection a while back, so we'll see).
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
    Just had these turn up after ordering on the 30th.
    I think that's the quickest I've ever had something turn up from [email protected]
    It seems they don't appear to be in any hurry to change the name on the Razorcrest box - I was expecting the renamed version so was pleasantly surprised.

Also, the Han in Carbonite keychain is fantastic and a great GWP (and one of my favourites). Well worth putting an order in for.

BumblepantsKungFuKennyFizyxGothamConstructionCoAstrobricksMr_CrossSeijiAmasawaKLOKRIECHER
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,902
    Started Clone Wars with my kids over the weekend and they are all loving it which pleases me greatly. Glad they are excited about watching something I also enjoy. Perhaps the best is my girls are regaining an interest in Lego that has dropped off significantly with the loss of the Elves line. The AAT with Ahsoka is now on their Christmas wishlist.
    KungFuKennybandit778560HeliportpxchrisFizyxvanvonfullbpk2300
  • veyniacveyniac Northwest MinnesotaMember Posts: 265
    I am slowly but surely finalizing my Darth Maul bust, but I could use some constructive criticism. Could you help a guy out? What works and what does not?
    BumblepantsMr_Cross
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,902
    @veyniac I really like it overall but the teeth are throwing me off. They draw too much attention and look more goofy than a serious/fierce character like Maul warrants. Maybe try just one row of them? Or perhaps make them sharper, or remove entirely?
    Mr_CrossveyniacFizyxstluxYo_dA
    Thanks @Bumblepants ! I will mess around with the mouth a bit more, see if I can make it look better. At the very least, I will probably have a swappable section to let him have a closed mouth.
    edited November 2020
    veyniac said:
    Thanks @Bumblepants ! I will mess around with the mouth a bit more, see if I can make it look better. At the very least, I will probably have a swappable section to let him have a closed mouth.
    Maybe if the teeth were set back in the head and the rows at either side of the mouth were lower or level than the middle two to make more of a grimace than a smile. Other than that, nice build.
    veyniac
    I'll agree with the sentiment, the teeth are what immediately threw me off. 
    veyniacFizyxSumoLego
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,454
    It's cool. I agree about the teeth and the horns look quite bright too. Would tan claw/barbs work? Tan 53451 are not available but 87747 are... probably spoils the look if you use dark tan for his Zabrak horns (had to look that name up!), so the small temple horns might be a problem, unless you can bear the two different colours?
    veyniac
    Unfortunately I can't really use 87747 due to how the dishes are attached to the head (robot claws are inserted into the hollow stud). I would make all the horns dark tan since 53451 exists in that color, but dark tan 1x1 cones only came in one set and are worth around $5-$10 apiece. Having the cones in normal tan and 53451 in dark tan just looks weird. All in all, I think white is my best option for the horns right now, sadly.

One thing I neglected to mention: I will be selling the building instructions once the bust is finished, which is why I am being such a perfectionist :) Otherwise I would have called it a day about a month ago.
    Mr_Cross560Heliport
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,454
    I'm nearly always surprised when a fairly pedestrian piece in what I consider to be a commodity colour has an inflated price... until I find the sets that they're in!
    Oh dear, I can totally see your problem here... how about using 1x1 open studs 85861?
    andheveyniac
    ^ I just tested it. The robot claws that the big dishes are attached with poke through the hollow stud of the dish far enough that, even with the extra plate of clearance, there is not enough room to insert the barb/claw/horn. However, I really liked the way the dark tan horns looked, so I may have to do some fiddling around to see if there is any other way to attach the dishes.
    Mr_Cross
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 712
    edited November 2020
    Excited that 40334: Avengers Tower | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database is available! I wanted it, there wasn't whatever threshold of Marvel that I did want...LEGO now sells it for $20!
    KungFuKenny
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,461
    I got #30464 El Fuego's Stunt Cannon yesterday, but forgot it in the car. So I'm thinking about getting it at lunchtime, and building it in the cafeteria to see what reaction I get from my new coworkers.
    CharmiefcbKungFuKennyAstrobricksGothamConstructionCo
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,958
    I got #30464 El Fuego's Stunt Cannon yesterday, but forgot it in the car. So I'm thinking about getting it at lunchtime, and building it in the cafeteria to see what reaction I get from my new coworkers.
    They'll be disappointed as it only fires the minifig a few centimetres! 
    KungFuKennyGothamConstructionCoMr_Crossbandit778gmonkey76
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,339
    You work with humans? What’s that like? ;-)
    gmonkey76karmajay
    So you're saying I need to customize/optimize it?
    You work with humans? What’s that like? ;-)
    So far, they seem to be decent people! One day, two were discussing politics, and let's just say that I sat there hoping they wouldn't ask me my opinion! (They didn't.)
    Astrobricksgmonkey76
    The word is “weaponize” ;-)
    jmeninno560Heliport
    The word is “weaponize” ;-)
    Seems a bit redundant- it's already a cannon!
    Astrobricks
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    edited November 2020
    Saw this graphic on BBC news about the Holy Vaccine... Can't help thinking the Saviour Y cells look like minifigure hands attacking the corona spikes :-D

(They really were yellow, I just have poor lighting at home!) 

GothamConstructionCoKungFuKenny560HeliportFizyxBumblepantsSumoLegoLegopants
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,079
    Everything is very Sea Urchiney.
    KungFuKenny
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 386
    I decided to 'test' a credit card just to make sure it works properly on Lego [email protected] It does. So now we lie in wait for the Ecto 1 release. Plus the Cantina is they ever decide to stock it in the near future.
    Today was a good day. Technic Doms Dodge came in stock. Plus my 'test' purchase shipped this morning. I also found some police Lego in the Aldi special aisle. Namely the driller and the Police helicopter transport.
    You go into Aldi just to see what they have in the specials aisle. They get Lego every so often as well.
    Fizyx
    Haha check this kid out.
    His goal is to build every German Bundesliga stadium. Good luck to him. Looking forward to see how he does the Allianz.

https://www.espn.com.au/football/blog-the-toe-poke/story/4221810/bundesliga-stadiums-one-kids-mission-to-build-them-all-out-of-lego-has-earned-fans-at-germanys-top-clubs

• ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 712
    Packing anything is challenging. LEGO, especially.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,541
    So, what are the sets which provide superior visual impact to the Colosseum?
    Haha check this kid out.
    His goal is to build every German Bundesliga stadium. Good luck to him. Looking forward to see how he does the Allianz.

https://www.espn.com.au/football/blog-the-toe-poke/story/4221810/bundesliga-stadiums-one-kids-mission-to-build-them-all-out-of-lego-has-earned-fans-at-germanys-top-clubs

I wonder where he gets his bricks. I don’t think the article reveals that.
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 1,992
    Just finished my microscale Colosseum! Been working on it all week and it's now on Lego Ideas!! Plz like, share and subscribe! Instructions available for $25 each. I will now post this on as many other threads as I can find!
    No Centurion or gladiator minifigs?  Hard pass for me then...  :-)
    Mr_CrossBumblepantsAstrobricksSumoLegoCymbelinegmonkey76msandersOnebricktoomany
    Just finished my microscale Colosseum! Been working on it all week and it's now on Lego Ideas!! Plz like, share and subscribe! Instructions available for $25 each. I will now post this on as many other threads as I can find!
    I'm tempted to send you $25 just for your audacity! :-)
    KungFuKennyBumblepantsGothamConstructionCocozyOnebricktoomany
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 394
    ...and unlike #10276 your model is not an incomplete ruin!
    560HeliportKungFuKennyOnebricktoomany
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,829
    Thought I best open up a shipping box that's been stood in the corner of my hall since May.

omnium560HeliportSumoLegoautolycusKungFuKennyFizyxRedbullgivesuwindLobotKLOKRIECHER
    edited November 2020
    ^ Well, better late than never, I guess!
    SumoLegoKungFuKenny
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 822
    Funny enough, I just sent my extras of those exact two GWP off to a fellow forum member in a trade last week!
    KungFuKenny
    I got to build for the first time in months. Started the Mario sets. My heart is full of joy and thanks to God.
    cozyKungFuKennySwitchfoot55
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,376
    bandit778 said:
    Just had this turn up.

Time to go through Rebrickable and see what I have in my loose parts then it's Excel time again.
    @[email protected] It's one of the cheaper builds. I think all the bricks cost me around $350 (new) or less and I had nothing to contribute from my own collection.
    bandit778KungFuKennyOnebricktoomany
    I'm telling people I'm investing in a Bugatti Chiron. I don't have to say it's a Lego one do I?
    Cymbeline560HeliportCasper_vd_KorfomniumKungFuKennyFizyxscottdd2Onebricktoomany
    edited November 2020
    samiam391 said:
    bandit778 said:
    Just had this turn up.

Time to go through Rebrickable and see what I have in my loose parts then it's Excel time again.
    @[email protected] It's one of the cheaper builds. I think all the bricks cost me around $350 (new) or less and I had nothing to contribute from my own collection.
    @samiam391 that's good to hear.
    As it stands I have about 14% of the first 100 lots (out of the 373 needed) checked against my loose parts.
    It's been a bit time consuming as I'm having to take into account parts already purchased for three other builds so I don't double use them.
    If I can get up to 40% without buying any parts I may bump this up the order of things to do.
    I'm telling people I'm investing in a Bugatti Chiron. I don't have to say it's a Lego one do I?
    Given the way cars depreciate, and lego appreciates (lately anyway), you probably made the smart investment :)
    560HeliportSumoLego
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,676
    ^ Depends on the car. todays daily drivers yes, but have you seen the prices on classic muscle cars?
    Onebricktoomany