Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ikea Ribba Frames 23x23 Discontinued!!

gold682gold682 UKMember Posts: 231
Can't believe that Ikea have discontinued the Ikea Ribba frames that many use to mount their CMF's in. Doesn't even seem to have a viable alternative.

Gutted.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,091
    They are doing some tiny ones now, maybe good enough to frame a single figure.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,138
    They cycle and replace items all the time. So wouldn't be surprised to see a near identical frame replace it.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,091
    Yeah, I wonder what will change this time. I didn't like the quality since they removed the glass from Ribbas.
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 517
    edited October 6
    andhe said:
    They cycle and replace items all the time. So wouldn't be surprised to see a near identical frame replace it.
    I actually asked about this the last time I was in IKEA, they are apparently bringing it back under a different name but will be 25x25 instead of 23x23 - think it might be the new SANNAHED frame?
    Astrobricksandhedpa1
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,641
    I went to IKEA this morning for a couple of bits and to get another RIBBA frame, I have three of the 50x50cm 4.5cm deep ones in black for minifigures. NO longer available either. There were loads of the 23x23 4.5cm deep in everything but black. Bit miffed as one more would have completed a quad of them on the LEGO room wall and I could have had a change to a different style frame for another display. I sat in the restaurant Googling for them and found one store with them in stock.....4800 miles away in Dubai. So roadtrip time!
    KungFuKenny560HeliportMattDawson
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,445
    I went to IKEA this morning for a couple of bits and to get another RIBBA frame, I have three of the 50x50cm 4.5cm deep ones in black for minifigures. NO longer available either. There were loads of the 23x23 4.5cm deep in everything but black. Bit miffed as one more would have completed a quad of them on the LEGO room wall and I could have had a change to a different style frame for another display. I sat in the restaurant Googling for them and found one store with them in stock.....4800 miles away in Dubai. So roadtrip time!
    Black paint might be cheaper :)
    andhe560HeliportKungFuKennylegomentalkiki180703
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 556
    @Speedman29 i might have a spare frame. i can check at the weekend and let you know. cost plus postage if i do and you want it :)
    KungFuKenny
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,641
    obi_g said:
    @Speedman29 i might have a spare frame. i can check at the weekend and let you know. cost plus postage if i do and you want it :)
    That would be great. Let me know.