Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,026
    I've been so nuts with running my Youtube channel that I haven't gotten a chance to do much with Lego recently. So I made this little photo since I just bought a fog machine:

What type of YouTube channel do you run?
    Looks like maybe it’s called AFOL TV? Maybe? Probably.
    That was directed toward FowlerBricks instead of the immediate above AFOLTV. :)

...unless they are one and the same?
    Astrobricks
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,461
    I've been so nuts with running my Youtube channel that I haven't gotten a chance to do much with Lego recently. So I made this little photo since I just bought a fog machine:

Looks like maybe it’s called AFOL TV? Maybe? Probably.
    That was directed toward FowlerBricks instead of the immediate above AFOLTV. :)

...unless they are one and the same?
    Doh! Sorry. Too much going on at once I guess :-/
    Switchfoot55
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,358
    I had put together the Disney Storybook Adventures already a while ago, but had never created a spot for the Chibi-dolls. Sorted now!

pxchrisKungFuKennyCymbelineSwitchfoot55LostInTranslationkhmellymelbandit778brickventuresKLOKRIECHER
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,425
    stlux said:
    I had put together the Disney Storybook Adventures already a while ago, but had never created a spot for the Chibi-dolls. Sorted now!

It looks like they are all holding hands and singing “It’s a Small World” or something similar... :-)
    Cymbelinestluxpxchris560Heliportkhmellymelbandit778gmonkey76
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 284
    stlux said:

It looks like they are all holding hands and singing “It’s a Small World” or something similar... :-)
    You just made me snort with laughter - I'm glad that I didn't have a mouthful of coffee!
    KungFuKenny
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,358
    stlux said:

That was done on purpose; I usually put a 2x2 tile between figs on these type of displays, but reduced that to 1 when I realized the hand holding effect 😁
    KungFuKennyCymbeline560HeliportAstrobricksgmonkey76
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 165
    I am contemplating selling my #10262 James Bond Aston Martin DB5 as I doubt I will ever build it again but I have never sold any LEGO before. Should I? How would I price it? Also there are two minor issues, one is a white block that is completely buried in the build is slightly yellowish and the other is a missing sticker piece. Other than that stickers are all on, parts are all there, have box and instructions etc ... so, how do I well it or should I just keep it?
    Modeltrainman
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 594
    @GrannyLEGO keep it. Use it for parts.
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 594

stlux said:

You just made me snort with laug*finds Smaahter - I'm glad that I didn't have a mouthful of coffee!
    SING A LONG! *finds Small World lyrics* It's a world of laughter, a world of tears
    It's a world of hopes and a world of fears
    There's so much that we share
    That it's time we're aware
    It's a small world after all

[Chorus]
    It's a small, small world

[Verse 2]
    There is just one moon and one golden sun
    And a smile means friendship to everyone
    Though the mountains divide
    And the oceans are wide

[Chorus]
    It's a small, small world
    EVERYBODY, ALL TOGETHER NOW! ...No? :p
    560HeliportKungFuKennypxchrisSwitchfoot55panchox1msanders
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,977
    ^ :) :) :)
    Modeltrainman
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,260
    I did not realise there were other words to the song other than "it's a small world, after all"... I mean I must have... But its like I blanked them out? 
    KungFuKenny560Heliportbpk2300ModeltrainmanBumblepants
    I did not realise there were other words to the song other than "it's a small world, after all"... I mean I must have... But its like I blanked them out? 
    Well, they are singing in about 7 or 8 languages at one point in the ride, so you will be forgiven for missing any lyrical nuances... :-)
    560HeliportAstrobricksSumoLegoModeltrainmankhmellymelgmonkey76
    @khmellymel, @KungFuKenny's right. Plus, it's not like there's lyrical substance, like in Joy To the World, Ode to Joy, or songs like that. You're not really missing much. And, for some reason, the Skies of the World Skydome Power Disc in Disney Infinity only plays the tune... As for status...I guess...Well, I'm always trying to find and pack parts.
    panchox1
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,683

Don't hang me for this, but I've become one of the bigger Mega Construx Review channels now XD
    Switchfoot55Astrobricks
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 953
    ^ burn the witch!
    560HeliportomniumBumblepantsFowlerBricksdpa1Astrobricksgmonkey76
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 300
    Any word of when the Lego store in Bristol is going to open? 
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 482
    I’ve been making some more Brick Sketches inspired by Chris McVeigh, and decided to post a couple of Christmas themed builds to plug this year’s Brickset Forum Secret Santa signup...

There is about a week left before the deadline, and already we have quite a few participants from Europe, the UK, and North America.  Head over to 
    https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/33761/secret-santa-2020#latest
    to sign up!

!

I need the bumble.

KungFuKennySwitchfoot55
    ^Yeah, with permission of course, I may need to recreate these for my father-in-law as he's always been a huge fan of the film. He'd display these in a heartbeat at his desk!
    KungFuKenny
    ^Yeah, with permission of course, I may need to recreate these for my father-in-law as he's always been a huge fan of the film. He'd display these in a heartbeat at his desk!
    It was a bit of a task to recreate his design by reverse-engineering a single pic on Flickr.  It was, however, one I enjoyed immensely— his creations have a lot going on under the surface, and some are 5 or 6 plates deep with layers of detail!
    My status? I can't do a backflip, or a cartwheel, but I would SO try! 
    560HeliportGothamConstructionCo
    Congratulations!
    Modeltrainman
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,247
    Are there wires and/or hydraulics involved?  If no, then gravity prevents such acrobatics for me...
    560HeliportKungFuKennyModeltrainmangmonkey76
    @SumoLego A very good point, my friend. Also, probably a tank of water to fall into, for safety reasons.
    560HeliportSumoLego
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,642
    Trip to our local IKEA resulted in one of each size of Bygglek box being bought and the parts pack. I'd promised Little Miss Speedy we could get some to play around with. She used the 200 odd parts to build a bed, kitchen and bathroom to stand in the medium sized box. We might try and design a little house interior to properly fit in on plates now.
    KungFuKennyCymbelineAstrobricks
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,070
    Enjoy buying more paints and brushes every time you even go near a Games Workshop. I got back into Warhammer about 10 or so years ago but now I'm out of it again it seems to be too big and confusing to get back into again. I have a big backlog of tanks I have to paint and assemble.
    (From Sep 1)
    I know the general feeling
    Have lots of unopened and partly assembled Space Marine kits but infantry instead of armor.
    I don't live near a GW store. I got the kits from a game store that I also go to for Magic the Gathering (another expensive activity) and paint/brushes from a local arts and crafts store (they don't carry 40K but they have lots of other plastic model kits so they stock the supplies)
    Haven't been doing much with my LEGO either lately
    Saw #71028 HP s2 CMF for $5.49. Heck no. $4.99 for the superheroes series and s20 was already too much
    Well, I had a chat with CS today on my last BnP order. It shipped on October 8th and still hasn't arrived. A quick review on their end places it somewhere in customs still. SO, they had to reprocess my order. 

The bummer news is it will likely take at least another 4 weeks to arrive. The potential upside is that, assuming my first order arrives, I'll receive duplicates of everything (a fact pointed out by the LEGO CS rep). It was a pretty highly specialized order, so it not necessarily parts I'm dying to have a bunch of duplicates of. But, at about 380 parts, I won't complain at all. Fingers crossed for quick packing/shipping on the new order and an arrival of the old. 
    CymbelineAstrobricks560HeliportSumoLegoKungFuKennygmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,247
    The potential upside is that, assuming my first order arrives, I'll receive duplicates of everything (a fact pointed out by the LEGO CS rep).
    I always find that funny when dealing with any Customer Service representative that points those circumstances.

"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today".

Two bags of parts not in my possession aren't worth a hill of beans!
    Switchfoot55
    ^Yeah, it was a frustrating answer overall. I'd gladly forego the extra parts if I could have just gotten my first shipment 7-10 days after it shipped as the original email said. I have things to build you know! :)
    AstrobricksSumoLego
  • HjmHjm RoermondMember Posts: 24
    I made this render of my Audi R8

MCNwakeboardKLOKRIECHER
    A LEGO order was supposedly delivered today. We can't find it. I'm not going to worry, because I know God doesn't want me to, but it's still extremely weird...
    Well, in less than 24 hours from talking with CS, I have a new shipping confirmation for my BnP order. So apparently they can pack and ship orders faster than 2-4 weeks! (I'm quite sure that the speed was due to the issue with the first shipping and this being an 'emergency' order) Either way, fingers crossed this one clears customs. 
    Astrobricks560HeliportModeltrainmangmonkey76
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,272
    edited October 27
    I don't often post about my daughters' Lego experiences, but I just had to praise the Friends set that I got for them on a nice discount from Amazon, #41381 Rescue Mission Boat.

They started building it last night and finished this morning and I have to say that even I'm fairly blown away by it! It really is a fantastic ship with so many great parts and play features. I'm actually quite jealous! If something similar was available in the City theme, I'd definitely be getting one!
    I do have #60266 Ocean Exploration Ship on my own wish-list, which is the obvious parallel, but the Friends ship is surprisingly massive and has so much more "useable space" and detail, plus it just looks great.
    The girls are have a "whale" of a time playing with it, which is an obvious bonus as well! ;-)

Edited to add: Suffice to say that I highly recommend this set, especially if you can get it for as good a discount as Amazon were offering a couple of days ago.
    pxchrisbpk2300Bumblepants560Heliportbandit778KungFuKennystlux
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,156
    edited October 27
    Bit disgruntled.
    Local toy shop has been advertising it's closing down and is selling stuff off at 20% discount.
    I'd been informed that they had #75280 (501st) and #75283 (AAT) in stock but as they shut well before I finish work I hadn't had a chance to check it out.
    My ever suffering wife offered to go in and get them for me providing I gave her the set numbers which I duly supplied along with the RRP and the discounted price so she knew what she was supposed to pay.
    I received some pictures of the sets and a phone call from the boss saying that the prices on the boxes where so over inflated that they were both above RRP after the 20% discount.
    Beginning to understand why they are having to shut up shop if they are pulling stunts like that.

KungFuKenny560HeliportSwitchfoot55LostInTranslationFizyxCharmiefcbgmonkey76Bumblepantsbpk2300
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 200
    bandit778 said:
    Bit disgruntled.
    Local toy shop has been advertising it's closing down and is selling stuff off at 20% discount.
    I'd been informed that they had #75280 (501st) and #75283 (AAT) in stock but as they shut well before I finish work I hadn't had a chance to check it out.
    My ever suffering wife offered to go in and get them for me providing I gave her the set numbers which I duly supplied along with the RRP and the discounted price so she knew what she was supposed to pay.
    I received some pictures of the sets and a phone call from the boss saying that the prices on the boxes where so over inflated that they were both above RRP after the 20% discount.
    Beginning to understand why they are having to shut up shop if they are pulling stunts like that.

Sounds like the recent Pier 1 going out of business sale.  Everything cost more $ than any of their sale prices were prior to announcing their going out of business sale.  Never saw anything get reduced any further despite their constant e-mails announcing new bigger price reductions.
    Switchfoot55
    That LEGO order from yesterday is still...somewhere. Disappointed, as I really wanted #40413, but LEGO can't help me. They replaced everything else,...Ah, well. Shipping seems weirder this year somehow. I know it's just stuff, but I'm disappointed. Hit a spend threshold, can't get the set for said threshold... 

Need to clean a room that amongst other things is LEGO storage, so even less inclined to start a new kit.
    #21309 box and booklet too nice to recycle, storing other LEGO space stuff in there ... like the box and booklet to #21312
    KungFuKenny
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 323
    Yeah that is sad. RIP Sean. Still the best Bond imo. Loved him as Henry Jones as well.
    I got Sesame Street tonight. Very happy I got a new release licensed set on release day.
    560HeliportKungFuKennySeijiAmasawagmonkey76
    So, that LEGO order 'came'. In actuality, the Fed-Ex guy flung it into the neighbor's field, my mom found it...Now we have to send back the replacement...I guess throwing stuff in a field counts as delivering.

^ well... maybe if he flung it into your field. Your neighbor's field? Nope. 
    Modeltrainman
  • HjmHjm RoermondMember Posts: 24
    edited November 1
    I finished these two renders. Lego Technic Audi R8

KLOKRIECHER
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,461
    ^ Yeah, we noticed already 🙄. @Huw, @drdavewatford, @CapnRex101?
    560HeliportpxchrisMr_Crossmustang69NateMN2020