Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General DC Discussion

1234568»

Comments

• jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 809
    Add a mullet and you've got Bronze Tiger King.  
    SumoLegoBumblepantsSeijiAmasawaAstrobricks
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,247
    Someone has to be working on an Ideas set...
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,798
    SumoLego said:
    It will be rubbish.
    SumoLego
    MaffyD said:
    SumoLego said:
    It will be rubbish.
    Beautiful, wonderous, magical, perfect rubbish.  Who doesn't want a Darth Maul-scale Joe Exotic bust?
    MaffyD
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 238
    stlux said:
    @Bumblepants He's Bronze Tiger according to the set description available on some sites, e.g. here.

So...does anyone else wonder why we've got Robin-mask Batgirl coming in that set? I don't follow the comics so maybe there's been an update I'm not familiar with, but it seems a bit odd.
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 539
    stlux said:
    @Bumblepants He's Bronze Tiger according to the set description available on some sites, e.g. here.

So...does anyone else wonder why we've got Robin-mask Batgirl coming in that set? I don't follow the comics so maybe there's been an update I'm not familiar with, but it seems a bit odd.
    Have you tried... Google? I did, as soon as I saw the suit color.
    Batgirl had a costume change, more-less recently. 
    klinton
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,886

Batgirl has had a few costume changes recently one in 2018 and one last year. The one in the bat truck looks like it is based on the 2018 one. Which in turn was very similar to the costume for Batgirl Year One. Which I really liked as a outfit.
    SearchlightRG
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 238
    @jnscoelho I've learned that Google searches for comic book art are a BAD idea.

@Redbullgivesuwind appreciate the info. The only versions of Batgirl I've seen rock the Robin-style mask are the DC Super Hero Girls version (and she sports a hood in addition) and the one from that live action Batman movie fans in general prefer not to talk about. That one was also blond, so I figured it wasn't a reference to that.
    Redbullgivesuwindjnscoelho
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 323
    I just saw the high-res images of the new Batman sets, and apparently they come with additional capes for display in addition to the normal soft one. I really want the one that looks like it's blowing in the wind, so hopefully they will make some good Batman sets again in the future so I can get my hands on it.
    J0rgen said:
    I just saw the high-res images of the new Batman sets, and apparently they come with additional capes for display in addition to the normal soft one. I really want the one that looks like it's blowing in the wind, so hopefully they will make some good Batman sets again in the future so I can get my hands on it.
    Yes, I saw that too, it's pretty cool that the put those in every set now (or so it seems), and the blowing in the wind one looks awesome.
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,189
    There's a brilliant little GA Wonder Woman vs Cheetah vignette coming soon as part of the 'Fandome' event. It's not up yet (the link takes you to [email protected], where the set is MIA), but there's a pic on the Fandome site.

Bumblepantswardm
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 949
    The set is up now.  Limit of 3.
    I wonder if LEGO will make any set(s) based on the JL Snyder Cut... Some Darkseid or Knightmare related builds would be awesome.
    And the trailer looks great, btw.
    SumoLego
    jnscoelho said:
    ...JL Snyder Cut...
    I wonder if the random Russian family that lent all of that urgency and humanity to the climactic battle will be edited-out...

(Although, I don't think there is any way to re-cut that movie to be watchable.)
    gmonkey76J0rgen
    Justice League is the worst super hero movie I've ever seen, and I don't believe for a second that the Snyder Cut will improve it. I hope they keep doing stand-alone films like Joker and The Batman, or fun in-universe films that tell a self contained story, like Shazam! and Birds of Prey.
    SumoLegoBumblepantsstluxgmonkey76
  • browny333browny333 USAMember Posts: 49
    Scarecrow, a rancher, enemies of gas Batman and Killer Moth (finally!) highlights a bat-copter and Scarecrow's consolidate collector vehicle. 

76055 Killer Croc's sewer crush £69.99 

Bigifg Killer croc (doesn't appear as though it has a pivoted jaw, and no chains), Captain Boomerang, Red Hood (printed face), Katana 

70724 jnrs Batman and Superman versus Lex Luthor £29.99 

The same old thing here. dark/blue Batman and old Superman. Lex Luthor with his green protection piece he's had previously.
    @browny333 Is this some sort of «Way Back Wednesday» or something? Those are 2016 sets.
    Bumblepants
    It's obvious they have plenty of Lazarus pits down at LEGO HQ.
    I can't complain, I still don't have Killer Croc nor Scarecrow.
    Now let's hope 2022 brings back Ra's and Talia.

SumoLegoBumblepants
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,552
    jnscoelho said:

Now let's hope 2022 brings back Ra's and Talia.

That previous Ra's set was just awful. I mean, I bought it, but I didn't build it. Just put the minifigs in the 'One Day When I Finally Build An Arkham' pile and the rest parted out.
    SumoLegoklintonKungFuKenny
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 597
    J0rgen said:
    Justice League is the worst super hero movie I've ever seen, and I don't believe for a second that the Snyder Cut will improve it. I hope they keep doing stand-alone films like Joker and The Batman, or fun in-universe films that tell a self contained story, like Shazam! and Birds of Prey.

I found it interesting that the Snyder Cut is 4hrs long and from what I recall the Theatrical version was 1/3 or more Jos Whedon shot footage. So if they are putting in over 2hrs worth of Snyder footage I'm not sure we can even say we've seen the JL movie at all. I found the film fun at the time but the tone skipped and jumped too much. I might not think JL should have that dark element the whole time anyway, but at least with Snyder it will be consistent.

I am hoping the James Gunn Suicide Squad film next summer gets Lego to release more minifig villains. Something in the vein of how they released comic versions of the film characters in 2016. There is a ridiculous amount of absurd choices in the upcoming film, even just a few new ones would be brilliant.
    jnscoelho
  • mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 196
    It’s Batman Day and LEGO clearly got the memo!

klintonKungFuKennybandit778vwong19
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,425
    That picture of it hanging on the wall really emphasizes how big it is!
    pxchrisautolycusmattytreksbandit778
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,798
    Is it in scale with the Batmobile? I'm thinking not (for either version of the '89 car) but thought I'd ask. My spatial awareness is awful these days.
    edited September 23
    MaffyD said:
    Is it in scale with the Batmobile? I'm thinking not (for either version of the '89 car) but thought I'd ask. My spatial awareness is awful these days.
    I saw this comparison pic on IG a week ago or so...

pxchrisbandit778MaffyD
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,358
    StoneWars has as usual some great comparison pictures here. (Scroll down to the end of the article)
    The Batmobile is approx 1:10 scale, whereas the Batwing seems 1:20. 
    pxchrisKungFuKennybandit778MaffyD
    Hearing lots of reports on Twitter and elsewhere that folks who entered the DC FanDome Supergirl minifigure giveaway a few months back are starting to receive their minifigs.

I'm really glad the contest wasn't just a hoax and people are actually winning.  DC hadn't said a single thing about this after FanDome ended.
    KungFuKennygmonkey76vwong19
    edited October 17
    Glad to see one in the hands of a bricksetter! Well done @madforLEGO
    KungFuKennymadforLEGOgmonkey76pxchris
    So, slight topic change...trying to figure out when I should buy the Batwing.  Obviously, if on release day, there's some sick announced promo, I'm down.  But, I wonder what's coming up in November.  I know theres some good stuff around the corner (Christmas Carol promo, for example).  I also realise if I wait until November, I risk it going out of stock or backordered, etc.  I guess I'm concerned I may miss out on some exclusive, announced Batwing related promo if it launches on November 1, with the wider release of the Batwing.

Thoughts?  And thanks for reading and weighing in!
    jmeninno said:
    So, slight topic change...trying to figure out when I should buy the Batwing.  Obviously, if on release day, there's some sick announced promo, I'm down.  But, I wonder what's coming up in November.  I know theres some good stuff around the corner (Christmas Carol promo, for example).  I also realise if I wait until November, I risk it going out of stock or backordered, etc.  I guess I'm concerned I may miss out on some exclusive, announced Batwing related promo if it launches on November 1, with the wider release of the Batwing.

If there is a promo for the batwing they have done a good job keeping it under wraps-- most other GWPs get leaked a month or 2 ahead... I'm a bit resigned to the possibility that there won't be anything special for it's release...

madforLEGO said:
    Its not a hoax, I just received a Supergirl pack today...
    Congratulations!  This might be the weekend for you to get that Powerball ticket, just in case...

jmeninnomadforLEGOgmonkey76nerick906SumoLego
  • nerick906nerick906 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 401
    jmeninno said:

Im with you on this, worst is the double points expire probably the moment it is out...
    I want a promo like a batmobile, and I dont remember it being leaked out.

Currently in UK there is a free mindstorms set, but that is it...
    jmeninno
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 953
    Its not a hoax, I just received a Supergirl pack today.
    This is awesome, congrats @madforLEGO!
    SumoLego
    Are we moving on to the Phoenix Raffle being a hoax?
    Bumblepantsmattytreks
    SumoLego said:
    If I don't win, definitely a hoax
    KungFuKenny
    If I don't win, definitely a hoax
    I still feel that way about the Bat-Pod...
    KungFuKenny
    edited October 21
    SumoLego said:
    To that end, it would be a nice gesture for LEGO to post on Twitter or elsewhere that someone has indeed won their giveaway items on the VIP portal.
    madforLEGO
    Batwing now up but with 2x VIP and the Mindstorms promo.  I may hold off until November for the seasonal promos.  Risky...hoping it will be well stocked in November.
    KungFuKenny