Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2021 Modular Rumors

AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,461
edited September 29 in Collecting
For those who love speculation, pointless or otherwise, here is your repository :)
Bumblepants560Heliportstecube

Comments

• iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 76
    Every year I look at the Modular and I say, that's a fine model but I'm just not quite persuaded to buy it yet.

But next year will be different.  I have confidential information that says it's the very thing that I've always wanted for my Lego town ...

A flying parking garage with a Walmart in it.

Yessir, that's it.  Just wait until you see this thing.  My wallet is already open.
    KungFuKenny560Heliport
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    Police Station. LEGO Store. Uhhh what else are the popular rumors.. donut shop. 
    FizyxKungFuKennySumoLego
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 955
    I would have loved a library, but I don't think that will happen with the Bookstore coming this year.  I would also love a Newspaper office ala PaperBallPark's MOC that got called out in the other thread, but as was pointed out, that might be too many pieces, and if they simplified it too much it might ruin the charm.  I think the other thing I would absolutely love is a Museum.  I think either and Art Museum or Natural History Museum would be cool, although I think the latter would probably be better received and, to be honest, cooler.  Could do some dino sculptures, some Egyptian mummy section, some animals, cave men... so many different things!  It definitely might be difficult to do that in something smaller than Assembly Square though, so not holding out hope...

For something that would be awesome but also totally out of left field and would never happen:  A Planetarium!

For necessary city infrastructure that will also never happen:  Wastewater Treatment Plant!  (A small one.  It's a small city, okay?)

To be clear, these are all things I would live to see, NONE of them have any relation to any possible reality.
    Brickchapmic27
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,855
    A Post Office would be good. I already did my own, but it was 3900 pieces...
    FizyxBrickchapmic27
  • BrickchapBrickchap AustraliaMember Posts: 314
    @Paperballpark As you may have read in the old thread, I personally believe a post office is quite possible and/or likely. I just feel like it would go well next to Bookstore.

It also fits with the 'themes'. What I mean is, for 'dining/food' we recently had the Downtown Diner therefore a restaurant is unlikely, perhaps also unlikely is an icecream parlour (sadly). While second, third or fourth floor apartments are probable, another specific housing related modular is unlikely. A post office comes under the official government building, which we havent had since Brick Bank.

Furthermore, just my own personal belief is that as much as I love 'Detective's Office' type buildings, as in multiple businesses in one, I do feel that the modular building series needs to include some 'business specific' essential modulars like a post office, hospital, police station and hotel. A museum would come under this but, as much as the history fan of me hates to say, is not as essential to a city as the before mentioned.
    Fizyxmic27
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,104
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,329
    Post Office = Delivery Depot
    Police Station = Cop Corner

Come on, no alliteration, no zigger zigar. Oooh! A cheroot vendor!? Timmy's Tobaccanist's? :-P

FizyxKungFuKennymic27LinuxBrickie
    Mr_Cross said:

That one has to be called the Pee Pee = Police Precinct.

FizyxMr_Crossmic27
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 622
    Mr_Cross said:
    Post Office = Delivery Depot

Come on, no alliteration, no zigger zigar. Oooh! A cheroot vendor!? Timmy's Tobaccanist's? :-P

Ah yes, like the Gorner Garage, or Sembly Square, or Detective's Doffice… 'Risian Restaurant… ;-) 
    iwybsMr_Crossmic27
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 427
    I would be fine with the modular buildings being vacant. Just give me an impressive facade, interesting build techniques, and unusual parts usage. 

LEGO could then sell interior design kits for people who want that kind of thing. Or make LEGO City sets that could easily be integrated into a modular style building.
    KungFuKennylegomentalgmonkey76daewooflordmadforLEGO
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,886
    Personally, I would love a row of small houses either in a medieval style or Georgian similar to the ones that you find in Bath. However, I think that would not be the most popular modular as people seem on here to want an actual shop rather than houses. 

In which case a nice victorian style post office would be great. I would rather that they stay away from the American style of buildings like the Dinner and Garage, they are not my favorite style of building.
    Brickchap
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 564
    The name will likely avoid any repeat abbreviations, so we can also guess it won’t be Cop’s Corner, Charlie’s Gastropub, Postal Repository, etc.

Although I do really like the sound of Charlie’s Gastropub!!
    560Heliport
    Personally, I would love a row of small houses either in a medieval style or Georgian similar to the ones that you find in Bath. 
    So overpriced ones? :-)

FizyxBrickchapRedbullgivesuwind
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,461
    Brickchap said:
    It also fits with the 'themes'. What I mean is, for 'dining/food' we recently had the Downtown Diner therefore a restaurant is unlikely, perhaps also unlikely is an icecream parlour (sadly). While second, third or fourth floor apartments are probable, another specific housing related modular is unlikely. A post office comes under the official government building, which we havent had since Brick Bank.
    Have the banks been nationalized in Australia?
    autolycusMCNwakeboard
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,528
    It's not time for a corner yet. I think a Police Station or some type of house although we just had a house but maybe a full size modular house like a mansion along the lines of Dr. Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum. A hospital maybe but I don't like that idea. A full size grocery since Green Grocer has long been gone would be okay too. 
    Brickchapmic27
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 461
    Rumor is we are getting either a giant Amazon center or Tesla Gigafactory, only $7700 for 77,707 pieces!!
    FollowsCloselyFizyx
  • ajm395ajm395 norfolk, ukMember Posts: 1
    Wouldn't mind a toy shop - plenty of scope for mini builds and a place for the little chap from the bookshop to get more toys to lose in the tree. Or an old English pub - it could be called the "Queen Brick"
    Brickchapandhe
  • windjammerwindjammer Newcastle, UKMember Posts: 46
    I say this every year: modular train/Subway/monorail station.

PapaBearBrickchappanchox1
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,247
    I heard this is where the Lego Leaks are discussed?
    Nope, only if Market Square is a Modular.
    davetheoxygenmanKungFuKenny
    SumoLego said:
    Maybe Market Square is the 2021 modular! Then we can all just forget that Market Street ever happened.
    Astrobricksdavetheoxygenman
    @Astrobricks No, I mean a bank is an official type of building as opposed a retail building (eg GE), business relating to food (PR, DD), small business (PS, BS, DO, AS).

Fire Station, Town Hall, Brick Bank are all important buildings in a city/town as opposed something 'extra' like an ice cream parlour or travel agency.

Personally I think Australian banks ought to be nationalised as these companies and corporations cannot be trusted to do the right thing by people. Hardworking, honest true Australians look after their mates and go the extra mile. American style corporations and banks merely rip everyone off and often engage, either directly or indirectly in criminal activity for the overall achievement of making the most money. A capitalist economy based on small business would see a much fairer world.

But back to modulars!

Things we do know (everyone feel free to add other points)

2021 will be a 'straight' modular as opposed a corner building (unless it is done in PR/DD style)

A police station is necessary but highly unlikely thanks to the American situation.

A library is highly unlikely due to bookstore being before it.

I personally would say it is most probable Lego will continue with the 'traditional' modular style. They could however do another 'American' modular but in Art Deco as opposed Streamline Moderne style.

A split (two 16x32) modular is possible but probably unlikely.

FizyxFollowsClosely
    autolycus said:
    SumoLego said:
    Maybe Market Square is the 2021 modular! Then we can all just forget that Market Street ever happened.
    You heard it here first. Market Square re-release!
    BumblepantsMr_CrossFizyxKungFuKennyautolycus
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,886
    CCC said:
    Personally, I would love a row of small houses either in a medieval style or Georgian similar to the ones that you find in Bath. 
    So overpriced ones? :-)

Exactly, and maybe a Waitrose for them to shop at.
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 549
    Lego Creator Expert Amazon distribution warehouse. 
    PapaBear
    autolycus said:
    SumoLego said:
    You heard it here first. Market Square re-release!
    But you can't re-release a set that doesn't exist! (I'm picking nits teasingly here. The 2nd modular set was Market Street, not Market Square.) 

I think that would be one of the most controversial and despised things Lego could do if they re-released that set as the only modular for the year. Isn't that considered the worst of the modulars, and that's a lot of why people want to argue it's not even really a modular at all? (It's in the "Factory" line, rather than Creator Expert).
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 463
    Can we rename these types of threads to "Wish List" instead of rumors?  We're gonna go months without any actual rumors, so why call it that?
    andhe
    Yeah, it is speculation rather than rumour and could be done continuously.
    I'm not sure when I'll ever get Market Street and Market Square correct.  Market Garden, Marco Polo, Deutchmark...
    KungFuKennyBrickchapgmonkey76Mr_Cross
    daewoo said:
    Can we rename these types of threads to "Wish List" instead of rumors?  We're gonna go months without any actual rumors, so why call it that?
    At this point we expect speculation in a “Rumors” thread. Maybe we need a Speculation thread for rumors :)
    SAMAEL64
    I wrote a list of things we do know. Just because we 'may' be waiting a long time for rumors and leaks doesnt mean this thread shouldnt exist. What's wrong with posting possible ideas, especially if they can be backed up by arguments for or against.

People should be complaining about when people give stupid ideas of no benefit to anyone like a Netflix screen or Star Wars modular. If your not interested in talking modular buildings then just dont read or comment on this thread....

Now, continuing in what this thread should be about if we dont YET have any leaks, as much as Id love a museum I feel like it wouldnt be next to Bookshop.

In saying that, I would never have thought Downtown Diner next to Assembly Square, especially since the buildings didnt match up (AS right side is extra tall while the left of DD was almost a corner)
    ^ You seem to be assuming that they are meant to be displayed in the order released. I don’t think I’ve ever encountered this assumption before.
    NateMN2020
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,962
    Post office. Post office. Post office.
    BrickchapFizyxmic27KungFuKennyjhuntin1
    @Astrobricks Well yes I was under that assumption. Of course people (self included) can display them differently but generally the designers are pretty good at making them look 'right' next to one another, the best example of this would be Detective's Office and Brick Bank.

@Russell844 Agreed. Its about time we had one and I think it would go well next to Bookstore. I wonder if they would do a large post office with mail sorting room or a smaller branch like that MOC with the English post office and fish and chip shop.
    Brickfan50
  • browny333browny333 USAMember Posts: 49
    Ok I'll start: Slightly narrower and shorter than previous ones but still $10 more.
    what you gonna start?
  • HugeBlueBrickHugeBlueBrick At my PCMember Posts: 27
    I hate it when threads are called 'Rumours' when they are just speculation and wish-lists.

NateMN2020msanders
    @HugeBlueBrick Not another one of your type again...

While us modular fans wait for rumours to appear we go over what we know, what we would like and the likelihood of that and discuss this great theme in general.

If hate that then dont read or comment on this thread... 
    560HeliportRedbullgivesuwind
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 463
    Brickchap said:
    While us modular fans wait for rumours to appear we go over what we know, what we would like and the likelihood of that and discuss this great theme in general.
    Which aren't rumors.  
    NateMN2020
    Clearly the thread should have just been named "2021 Modular Rumors and Speculation". Then we wouldn't spend as much time complaining about threads that are titled "Rumors" but don't have rumors as we have spent talking about actual modular sets or ideas.
    560HeliportAstrobricksCymbelineNateMN2020SumoLegomic27
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,425
    edited October 2
    I hate it when threads are called 'Rumours' when they are just speculation and wish-lists.

To be honest, it seems that nowadays most “rumors” are just speculation ... “I heard a Lego store employee say that she heard from her boss that the next modular is....”.  Very few posters on any of these forum threads (Including Eurobricks, etc...) have true, secret inside information... now “leaks” are a slightly different matter, as store catalogs can leak early on Instagram etc...
    560HeliportFizyxAstrobricksCymbelineNateMN2020SumoLegomic27gmonkey76Redbullgivesuwind
    And we could just cut and past everything said on the 2020 Modulars Speculation thread to here. 
    daewooAstrobricksSumoLegoKungFuKenny
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 461
    Just consider all the rumors in this thread very bad rumors until we get closer to December
    AstrobricksFizyxSumoLegoKungFuKenny
  • browny333browny333 USAMember Posts: 49
    SumoLego said:
    I'm not sure when I'll ever get Market Street and Market Square correct.  Market Garden, Marco Polo, Deutchmark...
    we should be optimistic we will get them one day

SumoLego said:
    autolycus said:
    ...threads that are titled "Rumors" but don't have rumors...
    Problem solved!

Well that explains why they broke up, too much arguing over what the next LEGO set was going to be.
    gmonkey76560HeliportFizyxPapaBearSumoLegoCymbelineandheKungFuKenny
    (Or if Market Street was a modular...)
    Cymbeline560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,345
    Mobile phone shop.

They're everywhere else, why not in Modular Town?
    SumoLego
    Mobile phone shop.

They're everywhere else, why not in Modular Town?

They are usually small fronted stores, so that accounts for a frontage of maybe 8-10 studs. So still room to get another two mobile phone stores into a regular modular footprint.

Funny enough, on the thread I linked to back in 2016, I posted:
    Mobile phone store (which is three different mobile phone stores all next to each other)

I don't know about the rest of the world, but at least in the US (and especially in my area), mattress stores seem to be at nearly every major intersection. Maybe combine a mobile phone store with a mattress store!
    davetheoxygenmanNateMN2020