Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,430
    edited August 27
    If it's not available at exactly the time they're ready to purchase for exactly the price they think it should cost, then time to bring out the pitchforks...
    If they had gotten up early enough to buy the set, then they could really bring out the pitchfork... :-)

OldTownBricks560HeliportTkattMugenPowerAstrobricksgmonkey76Bumblepantshkcrazy88SumoLego
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,978
    ^ LOL! Literally! Almost a cackling, in fact! 
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 568
    I’m seeing a slow increase in bigger sets that are backorder and now out of stock. The big push to get summer waves onto shelves must have really put a dent in their ability to keep stock of older sets.
  • RraiderRraider USMember Posts: 25
    Wow, the Hagrid & Buckbeak Brickheadz GWP is gone in the US already. I thought it would last more just a bit longer. Glad I got my order in.  

Also surprised #75978 Diagon is still in stock. 
    KungFuKenny
    Rraider said:
    Wow, the Hagrid & Buckbeak Brickheadz GWP is gone in the US already. I thought it would last more just a bit longer. Glad I got my order in.  

Wow. I’m stunned and frankly kind of pissed that the GWP is already gone. Don’t advertise a promo for half the month if it’s going to last less than 1 day, especially when it’s the type of set that used to be for sale through normal channels!! I hope my local store still has it tomorrow night, if I can even finish work in time to swing by.

I have every single WW and SW Brickheadz except the SDCC Boba Fett and Han. Really sucks to miss out on this one. Have been planning to just buy it all year, then it’s switched to a GWP?! Ugg!!

If I can’t get it in store, might anybody be willing to trade? I don’t have any spares of the HP brickheadz, but I do have some extras of a few SW ones.
    edited September 2
    Rraider said:

The $100 threshold wasn’t that high for a 2 character Brickheadz set, especially if it won’t be sold otherwise.  I guess you can’t underestimate the appeal of Harry Potter and the collectability of BrickHeadz - love or hate them, once you start getting into BH the completionist mentality kicks in!

autolycus said:
    Wow. I’m stunned and frankly kind of pissed that the GWP is already gone. Don’t advertise a promo for half the month if it’s going to last less than 1 day, especially when it’s the type of set that used to be for sale through normal channels!!
    I have been burned before by waiting, so I jumped on this promo right when it opened up ( just like the Bespin duel set).  If you have a local store, there is a good chance they still have the promo available, though with Covid-era supply chain issues who knows for sure...
    FizyxPapaBear
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 744
    I have to think the Hagrid Brickheadz will show up in retail channels in some form in the next few months. Creating it to only have it last one day is absurd.
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 482
    Crazy. Glad I got one. well, my order shows in warehouse so I'm assuming I got one.....
    KungFuKenny
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 286
    I ordered over $100 of HP on Lego.com about 4 hours into the promo and was disappointed when the Hagrid GWP wasn't included but I checked my order just now and the GWP is "in warehouse"! Naturally I was very happy until I got an email from Lego just now to say that Lamborghini Huracán GWP that was with a previous order is now cancelled due to being sold out. So now I'm not going to "count my chickens" until my orders arrive!
    panchox1KungFuKenny
  • JRBricksJRBricks HoustonMember Posts: 31
    Lego [email protected] has the Obi-Wan 20th anniversary poly available for $3.99. Not sure if this has been posted but just caught it. For those that missed out on the promo earlier this year, not a bad deal at all. 
    560HeliportmadforLEGOgmonkey76Bumblepants
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 200
    If only they'd put up the one with the Sting Ray, the 2 Hidden Side ones & the new Harry Potter one I'd be happy.
    560Heliportjmeninnogmonkey76CymbelineBrickByBrickflorddaewoo
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 286
    #40186 - the Year of the Pig is available again at lego.com for 9.99US/12.99CA
    KungFuKennymadforLEGO
    edited September 12
    JRBricks said:
    Lego [email protected] has the Obi-Wan 20th anniversary poly available for $3.99. Not sure if this has been posted but just caught it. For those that missed out on the promo earlier this year, not a bad deal at all. 
    This made me laugh — these poly’s were routinely selling for upwards of $20 earlier this year!  Now they are $3.99 with a limit of 50...
    bpk2300madforLEGO
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,905
    Surprised they didnt save for a future promotion or offered with VIP points
    SumoLegoReesesPieces
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,860
    karrit said:
    If only they'd put up the one with the Sting Ray, the 2 Hidden Side ones & the new Harry Potter one I'd be happy.

They still could, if these were sold at an LDC. Most of the polys LEGO posted recently were also sold at LDCs so the diver could show up at [email protected] as well. (not sure about the Potter one though). I do know that the Potter one appears as available at Walmarts in my area but when my GF went to one she could not find them in the store (and asking an employee is pretty much useless at a Walmart)
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
    karrit said:

They still could, if these were sold at an LDC. Most of the polys LEGO posted recently were also sold at LDCs so the diver could show up at [email protected] as well. (not sure about the Potter one though). I do know that the Potter one appears as available at Walmarts in my area but when my GF went to one she could not find them in the store (and asking an employee is pretty much useless at a Walmart)

I'm hoping the Harry Potter one shows up with the holiday stuff at Walmart & Target some time in the near future.  Target usually puts one or two polybags in with the Stocking stuffers in the Christmas dept.  A worker in Walmart asked me about a week ago what I was looking for & when I told him some new polybags he was clueless.  The ones in Target try but with them reusing the same sku for all the polybags they rarely can find anything.  It took months for the Captain Marvel one to show up in the Walmarts here but not all of them got it, now it's mostly still Poe's X-wing, Poppy's Carriage, Lamborghini & Friends Jet Ski.  Target is still overrun with Poppy's carriage & the Train as well as the Santa from last year & the Popcorn Vendor still.
    Anybody seen the October Calendar yet? I’m trying to plan my purchases. I’m going to get Barracuda Bay and possibly the Winter Village set. Where are all the double points days?
    BumblepantsmadforLEGOgmonkey76CymbelineLegoEveryoneTXLegoguyInfinitymanevantylerSumoLego
  • JRBricksJRBricks HoustonMember Posts: 31
    October calendar is out now, also for those that missed out on Bespin Duel, backorders accepted, ships by Oct. 8. 
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 953
    Very disappointing promos for October and no double VIP points.
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,026
    Don't the calendars not show x2 VIP points events any longer though? I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least a weekend with x2 points. 
    panchox1gmonkey76
    Don't the calendars not show x2 VIP points events any longer though? I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least a weekend with x2 points. 
    I know there have been some "surprise" double VIP points events in the past, but I thought that the regular ones were typically still on the calendar.
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 482
    Happy to see the HS stunt cannon promo! I never saw that polybag in stores.
    klintongmonkey76
    pxchris said:
    I know there have been some "surprise" double VIP points events in the past, but I thought that the regular ones were typically still on the calendar.
    Maybe I'm in the dark then. I swear last year (or earlier?) they announced they were doing away with advertising x2 events. The subtext was that they wanted people to spend more consistently instead of waiting for a big x2 event. So, to accomplish this, they took them off the calendars. 

Honestly, I stopped looking up the calendars about a year ago because I thought this was the case. If not, I need to get back to hunting them down ahead of time so I can plan things out a little better!
    Somebody can certainly correct me if I'm wrong @Switchfoot55... I haven't paid extremely close to the calendars either.
    Switchfoot55
    I think we are way overdue for a double point promo.  I thought there was one last year in August because I was at DisneyWorld & made sure I visited the store there several times to get the double points.  We haven't had anything since March except for the SW only May the 4th one.  I thought I remember a few years back they at least ran a VIP weekend promo at least every couple of months.
    Fizyxgmonkey76
    I think part of our problem this year, is just like has been mentioned elsewhere, with sales up through the roof, TLG isn't in any hurry to have any big sales, even including just extra VIP points.
    klintonAstrobricksdaewoomadforLEGOgmonkey76NateMN2020KingAlanI
    Historically (well, the last 4 years), they have had a x2 event in October, a surprise x2 event in November, and a weekend or so in December. We'll see if it pans out this year. 
    Fizyxvanvonfull
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 492
    What @Switchfoot55 said seems to be what I have noticed, that they've stopped putting the dates on the calendar and just announce it when it's live. 
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 955
    I was wondering if we were going to see a Fall Star Wars promotion this year.  I don't think there's anything being released for them to focus on like the past few years, (I haven't really been paying attention to be honest :P) so I wouldn't be surprised to see it not happen though.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,600
    I thought LEGO said that the USA would get a Star Wars LEGO sale/event later in the year to make up for low stock no sales for May the 4th.
    FizyxvanvonfullKungFuKenny
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,464
    gmonkey76 said:
    I thought LEGO said that the USA would get a Star Wars LEGO sale/event later in the year to make up for low stock no sales for May the 4th.
    They also said there would be a bunch of exclusive deals, etc. for black VIP card holders. So...
    Fizyxvanvonfullgmonkey76canon03KungFuKenny560HeliportSwitchfoot55Mynatthkcrazy88
    This looks to be a very helpful service for watching [email protected] for in-stock alerts!

https://www.thebrickfan.com/brick-hound-alerts-for-lego-shop-stock-availability/
    vanvonfull
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 131
    ^Awesome thanks for the heads up. 

I’ve been logging into [email protected] daily for a specific set... not anymore. 
    pxchris
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 462
    ^Don't forget to mention all the bots that use the service now too
    edited September 26
    PapaBear said:
    ^Don't forget to mention all the bots that use the service now too
    Is this an actual issue? How can one tell?
    Well, I'm currently trying to submit an order through [email protected] I got to the final step and it said there was an issue processing the order and to try again. But now, the entire ordering system seems broken. SO, not sure what to do and don't really feel like sitting on hold for 45 minutes to chat with CS. 

The order has a set, PAB, and BnP. Maybe that's just too deadly of a combo for their system?

• Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,962
    edited September 29
    Check the coupon code field to see if an old code is there, and if so delete it.
    It ended up being an issue with my address not populating even after selecting my saved address. I ended up creating a duplicate entry for the address and everything pushed through. SO, order complete!

Thanks for the tip Russell!
    Did anybody manage to get the exclusive Toad set? I'm in Canada but when I tried to click on Brickset's link I got a 404.
  • OldTownBricksOldTownBricks VirginiaMember Posts: 37
    I was able to get it in the United States.

Anyone know what the special mystery gift is?
    I was able to get it in the United States.

Anyone know what the special mystery gift is?
    I got one also - the freebie is a “Celebration Bag Charm”... not really an incentive for me but I wanted to go ahead and get the Toad set while it was available...

gmonkey76SeijiAmasawa
  • Leandro16Leandro16 New Jersey Member Posts: 85
    @Switchfoot55 @karrit double points announced for October 8 through the 20.
    BumblepantsPapaBearSwitchfoot55KungFuKennymadforLEGO
    ^Thanks for the heads up. Any word on a GWP to go with it?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,554
    ^Thanks for the heads up. Any word on a GWP to go with it?
    At some point there is a mini mindstorms set but I think it will overlap at least a little bit.
    Leandro16 said:
    Double VIP points just doesn’t entice me like it used to... I’ll still be waiting for the Charles Dickens GWP.
    Switchfoot55FizyxautolycusMCNwakeboardmadforLEGOmustang69Bumblepantsdavetheoxygenman
    Leandro16 said:
    Double VIP points just doesn’t entice me like it used to... I’ll still be waiting for the Charles Dickens GWP.
    Agree. Double VIP is nice to get if I’m buying a set anyway, but this time of year is always worth waiting for the two holiday GWP in Nov and Dec.
    madforLEGOKungFuKennySwitchfoot55
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,072
    A lot of other stores haven't running big sales, maybe because they're moving all the inventory they have near list price, and perhaps TLG's own retail operation is thinking similarly
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 462
    edited October 7
    They gotta do a Double VIP right before the holiday Double VIP to put all the good shit out-of-stock.  That way they don't hafta double up too many promos.  Classic [email protected] marketing frazzle shiz maneuver.
    panchox1
    But, there’s one thing most can agree on - there’s nothing “classic” about 2020.
    560HeliportKingAlanI