Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Secret Santa 2019

Comments

• snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,008
    Vgang said:
     A bit late to the party, but due to the very slow service of the post office, I just received my Secret Santa gift which is a lovely collection of polybags, mini builds and minifigures! Thank you Secret Santa and appreciate the fact that you managed to get all of them wrapped individually! Great effort!

So glad it arrived safely in the end!

Still one more parcel in transit....
    SumoLegoM1J0EBrickfan50kezkiki180703brickedinLittleLoribrickmattFowlerBricks
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 814
    How are the other regions doing with late arriving packages, US et al?  Just curious.
    SumoLegoLittleLori
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 283
    Received a missed delivery note ,so fingers crossed for a collection tomorrow, wife is Soooooooo happy more lego is imminent
    LittleLoriFowlerBricksred237Addicted2OxygenCymbelineMegtheCatSumoLego
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 482
    So, is it too soon to start the 2020 thread? :-)  BTW, I'm already stashing away goodies for my future Santee.  The Random Set of the Day today is Galidor #8321, which has me thinking...

Christmas in July?
    CymbelineKungFuKennySumoLego
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,472
    Its quarter-Christmas on March 25th. That's a thing, right?
    panchox1Switchfoot55KungFuKennyevantylerMaffyDTheOriginalSimonBSumoLegosnowhitieandhe
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,528
    Denmark does have the tradition of a 12½ year wedding anniversary celebration, so I'm sure half-Christmas could work.
    KungFuKennyFowlerBricksSumoLegosnowhitiecatwrangler
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,290
    ...The Random Set of the Day today is Galidor #8321...
    Does anyone really believe these are 'random'?
    KungFuKennySprinkleOtter
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,998
    Yes! If Huwbot were actually choosing them, there'd be more Clikits, Galidor, and Jack Stone.
    KungFuKenny
    Hahaha, I was thinking about it on Friday as well... I'm guessing if Lego brings out Xmas wreaths on oct 1st, it's the right time to start a new thread. Don't know if @stlux and @kiki180703 are game again or if there are other volunteers, let me know.
    KungFuKennySumoLegoSeijiAmasawabrickventures
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 289
    Only 10 more sleeps till Oct 1. . . Let the count downs begin!
    KungFuKenny560Heliportpanchox1SumoLegoSeijiAmasawa
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,360
    snowhitie said:
    Hahaha, I was thinking about it on Friday as well... I'm guessing if Lego brings out Xmas wreaths on oct 1st, it's the right time to start a new thread. Don't know if @stlux and @kiki180703 are game again or if there are other volunteers, let me know.
    Happy to help organize this year as well. Santa and some fairies are on standby to draw names!

BumblepantsKungFuKennypanchox1CymbelinesnowhitieSumoLegoSeijiAmasawabrickventuresred237
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,049
    snowhitie said:
    Happy to organize this year too!
    BumblepantsKungFuKennypanchox1CymbelinesnowhitieSumoLegoSeijiAmasawa
    I might be up for assisting with or even running the US portion.  I've been thinking about it for some time.  I'd like to think I could pull it off, but not sure how much time it actually takes (I've been assuming it takes a fair amount of time, but sporadically...?).  Would love to find out a bit more before I commit, though.
    panchox1KungFuKennyCymbelinekiki180703SumoLegosnowhitieSeijiAmasawa
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,033
    It took nearly everything inside of me not to post to this thread on September 1st. I saw last years bump was in October, so I was trying to wait. Thanks KungfuKenny for helping me not have to wait quite so long! 

I am pumped for another year!
    KungFuKennyevantylerCymbelinekiki180703panchox1SumoLegosnowhitieSeijiAmasawa
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 482
    Really enjoyed this last year. looking forward to it.
    KungFuKennySumoLegosnowhitieSeijiAmasawakiki180703
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 281
    edited September 22
    Oh my goodness, I am so excited about this.
    This is such a highlight of my LEGO life, if any support is needed for Europe, please let me know as I'd be willing to help ( @snowhitie , @stlux )

KungFuKennySumoLegosnowhitieSeijiAmasawakiki180703
    jmeninno said:
    I might be up for assisting with or even running the US portion.  I've been thinking about it for some time.  I'd like to think I could pull it off, but not sure how much time it actually takes (I've been assuming it takes a fair amount of time, but sporadically...?).  Would love to find out a bit more before I commit, though.

It does take a fair bit of time,a bit depending on how many are in your group.
    For those who don't want to know how the magic happens, don't read this, for those who are curious, go on!

Easiest way is to compile an excell sheet with everyone's data on it when they send you the email, plus you send them a quick confirmation email, this can be partly copy-pasted, but sometimes you got to ask for extra info since they might have forgotten something or answer a question they had.

At the deadline you draw names and start sending out the emails. This is what takes a surprisingly long time, but it's all fun to do, because you get very exctited emails back from people who are starting to plan their gifts.

Then it's important to keep an eye on who has sent and who has received presents, just to make sure nothing is en route for too long. And a bit before Xmas there's always a few stragglers that need a reminder to send out there stuff (they usually have things ready, but there's always people that work better under stress).

When there's any issues with delivery you try and facilitate the communication between Santa and Santee without giving away they identity.

It's a lot of fun though and you bring great joy to people. However, I got plenty of volunteers so I think we're all sorted. But thanks for offering!
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55gratefulnatbenbacardiSeijiAmasawaAddicted2Oxygen
    Thanks for the reply and glad to hear you have enough help!  Perhaps I can assist next year...but for now, looking forward to this year's event!
    SeijiAmasawasnowhitie
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,033
    ^I hereby dibs all the numbers for said raffle. 
    KungFuKennySprinkleOtter
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,567
    SumoLego said:
    I plan on hijacking the thread with a special RIDICULOUS Super Santa BonusBall Raffle.

You have been warned.
    It's been so long I forgot all about bonusballs. 
    SumoLegoMr_CrossCymbelinepanchox1KungFuKenny
    It'll be in Wingdings.
    Mr_Crosspanchox1KungFuKennydavetheoxygenman
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,447
    edited September 25
    SumoLego said:
    It'll be in Wingdings.
    Ok, here you go...

🙵◆︎■︎♑︎♐︎◆︎🙵♏︎■︎■︎⍓︎ ◻︎︎♓︎︎♍︎︎🙵⬧︎︎ ■︎︎◆︎︎❍︎︎♌︎︎♏︎︎❒︎︎⬧︎︎ 📂︎︎📫︎︎⌛︎︎📁︎︎

https://lingojam.com/WingdingsTranslator
    Mr_CrossCymbelineSwitchfoot55
    Oh, you kids and your slang...
    CymbelineSwitchfoot55snowhitie
    Oh, you kids and your slang...
    I don't think @KungFuKenny's rendered properly.

KungFuKennysnowhitie
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,131
    I for one am up for 2020 Secret Santa!  Can’t wait indeed!
    KungFuKennyCymbelineSumoLegosnowhitie
    In all seriousness, this is one of my favorite parts of the Brickset Forum...when the news has me feeling blah I re-read the Secret Santa threads and it cheers me right up!  I took some time this weekend and sorted through the pile of goodies I’ve stocked up on in anticipation of this years event...
    CymbelinestluxMr_CrossSumoLegosnowhitieSpeedman29
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 515
    edited September 29
    Nuts, missed my window in August to bump the thread... 😀 

Ah well, roll on October 1st at 00:00.01!
    KungFuKennyMr_CrossSumoLegosnowhitie
    Muftak1 said:

No pressure, @snowhitie !
    Switchfoot55snowhitie
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,654
    I love it so much. The thrill of the chase as you read through old threads and stalk your Santee to try and get the perfect present and then the wait for a parcel to arrive and be placed under the tree.
    Trying to explain to my friends that I was spending money on a LEGO stranger from the internet and that another one would send me a gift too, is difficult. 
    snowhitie560HeliportKungFuKennyCymbelineMr_CrossSprinkleOtter
    Muftak1 said:

Might be slightly different time but it will launch before the weekend :)

All good things etc :)
    KungFuKennystluxMuftak1Mr_Cross
    I love it so much. The thrill of the chase as you read through old threads and stalk your Santee to try and get the perfect present and then the wait for a parcel to arrive and be placed under the tree.
    Trying to explain to my friends that I was spending money on a LEGO stranger from the internet and that another one would send me a gift too, is difficult. 
    Non-fans generally think weird already- who cares what they think? :)
    Switchfoot55KungFuKennyCymbelineMr_CrossSpeedman29
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 374
    Muftak1 said:

We’re waiting!
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 515
    I guess it isn’t the weekend yet...
    I said before the weekend :) Just waiting on confirmation from one of the Elves who is probably asleep in their time zone, so I'll hopefully get the thread up in the evening!
    KungFuKenny