Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Shelf life of Creator 3 in 1 sets

So I want/need to buy the creator 3 in 1 pirate ship set (possibly 2 of them), but 2020 doesn't look likely. Come tax season of 2021, I'm sure it'll happen. But my question is for one, will it still be for sale come April? For two, how long are these 3 in 1 sets available before they retire (typically). I've never spent much time collecting or even watching these 3 in 1 sets before. I do have a couple of them, but they typically don't interest me much.

Comments

• vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 178
    A newer function of brickset shows how long sets were available on [email protected] 

3in1s don’t tend to appreciate much (I’ve bought a few through Bricklink usually at RRP or close to it)

Since this is also pirate themed, I’d look to 31084 pirate rollercoaster, which was available for 18 months, retire about 10 months ago, and (unlike what I said above) is selling for $112 (where the RRP Was 90) on BrickLink right now. 

Now that I’m looking into it, I might need 2copies. Since all 3 builds are great, which is rarely the case. 
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,132
    So I want/need to buy the creator 3 in 1 pirate ship set (possibly 2 of them), but 2020 doesn't look likely. Come tax season of 2021, I'm sure it'll happen. But my question is for one, will it still be for sale come April? For two, how long are these 3 in 1 sets available before they retire (typically). I've never spent much time collecting or even watching these 3 in 1 sets before. I do have a couple of them, but they typically don't interest me much.

Considering it was just released in the last month in the US, and the start of June elsewhere, I can almost guarantee that it will be around next April.  In my experience, they're usually around at least a year, and sometimes a year and a half or two years.  In general I don't think I see them last much beyond that, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they kept a really popular one around longer.
    madforLEGOpanchox1gmonkey76