Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Harry Potter Discussion

Comments

• 8BrickMario8BrickMario Member Posts: 29
    Lobot said:
    SumoLego said:
    Every box needs some well-placed random explosions.
    I was thinking of a distant full moon, a few bats or maybe a black cat or two, but that could work!
    I don't know why. Diagon Alley isn't shown at night, and Harry Potter plays on classic spooky imagery but I don't think it's ever branded in such a Halloweeny matter. 
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 373
    Why is this discussion in members only?  I thought it used to be in the general discussion section like the rest of the “general theme” topics? 
  • im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 138
    edited August 2020
    Ronyar said:
    Why is this discussion in members only?  I thought it used to be in the general discussion section like the rest of the “general theme” topics? 
    Huw posted about it on the previous page
    Astrobricksgmonkey76Ronyar
  • HugeBlueBrickHugeBlueBrick At my PCMember Posts: 31
    Ronyar said:
    Yes, it did. It got moved when people started posting leaked photos of the Diagon Alley box in this thread. Presumably once the set is officially launched the mods will move the thread back.

Astrobricksgmonkey76Ronyar
  • MinifiguresPlusMinifiguresPlus Member Posts: 201
    For those who missed my separate post, I want to just include a comment here:

We would like to offer you again an exclusive discount as a member of the community. This is a pre-order for series 2 of the Harry Potter Collectible Minifigures (71028).

Details are as follows:

Box - $209
    Set - $69

Please message us with your PayPal email address for invoice. Note the quantity of box or set you are interested in.

Shipping is FREE and will begin in September. We are estimating shipping in mid-September. International shipping is $10/set and $25/box.

Stay safe. Happy building,
    Jon
    gmonkey76dpa1bpk2300panchox17BSMCNwakeboard
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 373
    Ronyar said:
    Yes, it did. It got moved when people started posting leaked photos of the Diagon Alley box in this thread. Presumably once the set is officially launched the mods will move the thread back.

Thanks!  I guess I didn't go back far enough to see his post.  (I did miss several days worth when I couldn't find the discussion.  )
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 444
    Attack On The Burrow, #75980,  has gone from "coming Aug 24" to "coming Soon". 
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 187
    ^my catalog that came last week said coming September 1st so I went to target where it was in stock. I'm not sure how long they'd been available.
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,019
    Just got an email teasing "something brewing in the Wizarding World." It has pictures of the Weasley twins peaking through a hole in a brick-built wall and the Daily Prophet photographer.

It also has this text:

The Daily Prophet Photographer is one of four new minifigures you'll find exclusively in the new set!
    As if we didn't already know! :D
    560Heliport
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,048
    ^ “You heard it here first!” Says the message also with the photographer.

*Sheev voice*: Ironic
    Mr_Cross560HeliportJ0rgen
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,725
    New store calendar out. If you spend over $100 on Harry Potter you get #40412 Hagrid & Buckbeak. If you spend $40 you get #30420 Harry Potter and Hedwig: Owl Delivery. Runs from 9/1 - 9/15. 
    Bumblepants
    @gmonkey76 The #30420 GWP is in store only.
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 688
    Cymbeline said:

aw. that's a bummer. well, for those of us that are hundreds of miles from a store that is.
    560Heliport
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,070
    panchox1 said:
    Cymbeline said:

aw. that's a bummer. well, for those of us that are hundreds of miles from a store that is.
    And for people not interested in shopping in person during a pandemic... There is a second in-store only at the end of the month. Why now of all times they decided to go heavy on in-store only I can't imagine.
    560Heliportpanchox1SumoLegogmonkey76
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,221
    panchox1 said:
    Cymbeline said:

And for people not interested in shopping in person during a pandemic... There is a second in-store only at the end of the month. Why now of all times they decided to go heavy on in-store only I can't imagine.
    I'd imagine it's precisely because people are hesitant to visit physical stores at the moment. They're trying to drum up foot traffic.
    I'm not a fan of mail order at the very best of times, so I'll def be one of the suckers lining up on Tuesday morning (I just really hope that chatty McI'veboughteverysetevermade isn't there this time). I always try to buy at local stores whenever possible, as even global chain stores are staffed by local people. I'd rather see them employed than others in a warehouse who knows where.
    Bumblepantspanchox1Weepy_Donuts560HeliportSumoLegogmonkey76
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 187
    Have there been printed pieces in all of the licensed brickheadz up until this Hagrid? 

It would be a bummer if exclusive printed pieces are lacking in brickheadz going forwward. 
    @vanvonfull Maybe there are no printed parts in the Hagrid Brickheadz because it was always supposed to be a GWP and they didn't want to add to the expense.
    vanvonfull
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,370
    edited August 2020
    Why now of all times they decided to go heavy on in-store only I can't imagine.
    Long story short, although sales are up (30%) through [email protected], there is a lot of product in the retail LEGO Store network channel that they want to move.  And most US States are open, so pushing people to the retail channel is a natural consequence.

LEGO has made a pretty significant investment in their boutique retail stores in the North American market, and they've thusfar been able to cash-in on Toys R Us going belly-up.
    KungFuKennybpk2300gmonkey76Bumblepants
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,856
    Does anyone have any plans to buy two DAs and try to fully modularise them?
    SumoLegogmonkey76Snizzlebutts
    ^I don't know if I'm gonna buy two, but it's on my very very long list of stuff to do if I can ever build my city.
    edited August 2020
    The build seems pretty deep. Probably more cost effective to buy the parts needed to seal up the backs. Of course selling the minifigs from a second set might be even better.
    gmonkey76stluxbricktuary
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 211
    I think that will be very easy. The pins are to put WWW and quality quidditch supplies together back to back. Same goes for Ollivander’s and flourish and blotts. If you buy 2 and mirror one copy then you do have modular sized buildings. (Although with 2 fronts)
  • SnizzlebuttsSnizzlebutts MelbourneMember Posts: 66
    I reckon you’d need more than two for full modular, the interiors of the shops would be lucky to be six studs wide. Unless you mean converting them into 16 wide fronts.
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,856
    I've kinda lost track. Is DA being released on Monday, or just being revealed then?
    I've kinda lost track. Is DA being released on Monday, or just being revealed then?
    Yeah weren't they going to show off a new minifig each day or something too?
    So today was kind of a success. I found the advent calendar and the CMFs. Grabbing a pile of the CMFs randomly got me everyone except Ron. I'm kind of annoyed to have to hunt for him, of all people, now. Hahaha.
    Still no sign of the proper sets though, which is weird considering both the CMFs and the calendar were announced long after the summer sets. I might have to suck it up and order them on [email protected] Hopefully my local Lego Store has them when I go on Tuesday (they've not shown 'in stock' there yet, oddly).
    #75980 seems to have vanished from Lego.com
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 460
    It seems to have disappeared from Target's website as well.  Says not available for shipping.  I had to hunt for it as it doesn't come up on any regular LEGO search.
    #75980 is back on Lego.com for Sep 1
  • RraiderRraider USMember Posts: 37
    Strange #75980 is missing from Lego again as well as #75979 now. 
    The Burrow is on Target and can be order. Hedwig is on B&N and can be ordered also. 

Don’t know why they are both missing from Lego.com. I think #75980 is exclusive to Target and #75979 is exclusive to B&N in the US. 
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,680
    I have seen The Burrow in store at Target.
  • RraiderRraider USMember Posts: 37
    Rraider said:
    Strange #75980 is missing from Lego again as well as #75979 now. 
    The Burrow is on Target and can be order. Hedwig is on B&N and can be ordered also. 

Don’t know why they are both missing from Lego.com. I think #75980 is exclusive to Target and #75979 is exclusive to B&N in the US. 
    And now both are back on Lego.com again with Coming soon on Sept 1. 
    Went to Meijer and Target today and they both had Series 2 out for $5 each.
    BumblepantsRonyar
    Looks like the red windows are 1x2x5 printed trans clear columns. Also we can move this thread out of exile now right?
    bpk2300gmonkey76
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 426
    How do you get Philosopher's Stone Harry?! There are pics of some sort og stand on Instagram.
    J0rgen said:
    How do you get Philosopher's Stone Harry?! There are pics of some sort og stand on Instagram.
    It comes in the set.
    J0rgen
  • Voltron86Voltron86 UKMember Posts: 26
    Just back from my lego store, hagrid brickhead will be available September 1st to 15th on spend over £100 on HP sets 
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,207
    edited August 2020
    klinton said:
    J0rgen said:
    It comes in the set.

Review on Boone Builds (from Lego Masters) shows that the last build of the set (in a small box labeled “Silencio”) is a UCS like stand that has Harry from book 1 with Hagrid...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ahvWV8dIANQ
    dpa1J0rgen
  • dpa1dpa1 Meath, IrelandMember Posts: 11
    Diagon Alley ordered, can't wait to get my hands on it -D 
    KungFuKennyklinton
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,680
    edited September 2020
    CM4S said:
    Anyone in Minnesota find the CMFs? Ive had no luck so far.
    The LEGO store at Mall of America has them. Behind the registers, two or three boxes. @CM4S
    CM4S
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,630
    Huw said:
    Thread moved to member's only area due to lego clamping down on discussions about DA. Please refrain from discussing details gleaned from the images until the official announcement which I think is next week.
    Now that DA has released, we could probably move this thread back to it's normal home.
    560HeliportRonyarSumoLego
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 2,153
    Well, it's been a productive day for my little HP Lego collection. After months of nothing but new minifigs any polybags, I've suddenly far too many sets to build. :)
    I grabbed the Burrow while picking up DA this morning, and couldn't resist doing it first. I'm alf through DA now, but I think I'm done for the night (my poor back is cursing me).

KungFuKenny560HeliportCymbelineMCNwakeboardRonyarbrickventures
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,704
    klinton said:
    Well, it's been a productive day for my little HP Lego collection. After months of nothing but new minifigs any polybags, I've suddenly far too many sets to build. :)
    I grabbed the Burrow while picking up DA this morning, and couldn't resist doing it first. I'm alf through DA now, but I think I'm done for the night (my poor back is cursing me).

You’re who?

gmonkey76560Heliportbricktuarypanchox1KungFuKennyklintonMr_Cross
    Well, the Hagrid and Buckbeak GWP is already gone from US [email protected], which means I’m going to hope my local store got enough to last a few days! Or count on someone will to trade for it!
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 688
    Wow,  that was fast.
    autolycus said:
    Well, the Hagrid and Buckbeak GWP is already gone from US [email protected], which means I’m going to hope my local store got enough to last a few days! Or count on someone will to trade for it!
    They had really limited stock of the Brickhead at my local store. There was just a small pile between the tills, where they're usually double stacked the length of the cash area. When I spotted the Burrow after paying, the guy was very apologetic about not being able to offer me another Brickhead due to the limited quantities (even though I didn't ask). They're ordinarily overly generous with GWPs.  He did give me an extra polybag though.
    panchox1
    I ordered over $100 of HP on Lego.com about 4 hours into the promo and was disappointed when the Hagrid GWP wasn't included but I checked my order just now and the GWP is "in warehouse"!
    dpa1panchox1KungFuKenny
  • pvp3020pvp3020 Member Posts: 158
    I ordered DA the minute it went live in the UK but the GWP wasn't added to my basket. I've now had shipping notification and it's still not there. I've contacted CS about it but no response yet, so no idea if I will ever get it.
    Phew... was able to finish work in time to swing by the local LEGO store. Picked up the Clocktower and the student accessory set. Got both GWP, thankfully.
    klintongmonkey76KungFuKenny