Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Collecting certain parts only

Comments

• KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,542
    DeMontes said:

Oh and more interesting is an updated 1x1 3024 Colour Collection.  This has become a bit special now :-) Trans Brown/Trans Black and Trans Purple are en route.

@DeMontes
    Great to see you back on this thread!  

Mr_CrossDeMontes
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 668
    DeMontes said:

Oh and more interesting is an updated 1x1 3024 Colour Collection.  This has become a bit special now :-) Trans Brown/Trans Black and Trans Purple are en route.

You need trans-neon green! My favorite rare-ish piece.
    DeMontes
  • blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 133
    DeMontes said:

sorry, they're not lined up straight. you'll have to pull them apart and start again.
    Astrobricksgmonkey76msandersDeMontesJudgeChuckMr_CrossGibbo1959
  • jgadgetjgadget Member Posts: 192
    Bobflip said:
    jgadget said:
    I see that you only have 1 shade of pearl gold goblet on show, as only 1 shade officially exists.
    I have 2 very clearly different shades in my collection.
    Is there two distinct types of pearl gold, or is it a colour with a lot of natural variation?
    There's definitely a lot of variation in this colour.
    I'm not sure how well it shows here, as they look very different here in front of me, but I have taken a picture of a couple of goblets from the extremes:

Brixfan02
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 555
    jgadget said:
    Bobflip said:
    jgadget said:
    I see that you only have 1 shade of pearl gold goblet on show, as only 1 shade officially exists.
    Is there two distinct types of pearl gold, or is it a colour with a lot of natural variation?
    I'm not sure how well it shows here, as they look very different here in front of me, but I have taken a picture of a couple of goblets from the extremes:
    Yeah, that's pretty visible. But if it's part of a range of natural variation I wouldn't be inclined to include them both in a collection like this, it'd be like trying to get all the dark red variations!
    andhe
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 182
    I can't figure out what category this problem/question belongs in so I'll just plunk it here and don't mind being told to put it somewhere else. The basic question is how do I tell what a tire part number is and what set it belongs to? I have had to take a lot of my builds apart due to lack of display space and at first even removed the hubs from the tires but soon started leaving the hub in the tire which has helped especially where I have a colored hub like red or blue or gold but early deconstructs have them separated. I am doing some rebuilds and run into problems when I try to figure out what is the right tire for the set.
    For example, I have set #60182 pickup truck and camper. The tires on the trailer and on the pickup truck are different and I can not look at my pile of tires and pinpoint which are the right ones to use.
    On the whole I wouldn't worry about it but I am thinking about selling off a few sets and need to make sure I have the right tires in them. The #10269 Harley Davidson is easy with the big fat boys, The #10262 Aston Martin is harder. I see the tire part number is 6055626 but further investigation I might find that by it being bigger as I recall than the usual tires. I will probably sell off one or two more of the vehicle sets as I don't like them as much.
    HELP! ... please!!!

• DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 663
    edited August 2020
    Well @GrannyLEGO you have certainly picked an interesting thread to plunk it in.  Perhaps a mod @CapnRex101 or @HuwMillington will move it to the appropriately named : 

https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/513/master-thread-help-identifying-parts-sets-and-minifigs#latest

my advice is if you have the instructions Box or know the set then look at images and then your tyre collection to compare. Perhaps sort your tyre collection into size, tread type and width as these are the  identifying features that will help you. You can also see the Design ID in the internal rim of tyres but the smaller the tyre, the harder it will be to find unless you use a magnifying glass or digital microscope. You can alway post in the thread above to ask someone to identify a part. 

In your example, the tyres in the pickup have a deep tread and the tyres for the caravan trailer are smooth with slight ridges. 

560Heliportsid3windr
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,309
    Bobflip said:
    jgadget said:
    Bobflip said:
    jgadget said:
    Yeah, that's pretty visible. But if it's part of a range of natural variation I wouldn't be inclined to include them both in a collection like this, it'd be like trying to get all the dark red variations!
    For most pearl colours, I find that it is a spectrum of shades rather than two different colours.
    560HeliportBrixfan02
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 182
    @KungFuKenny and @DeMontes - thank you so much ... time to hunt up the magnifying glass I think. I have spent most of today sorting the tires by appearance so that gives me a start on your suggestions. It looks like there may be a very few that do not have any number on them but I will worry about that later. Going forward I will keep better track of these numbers, didn't know there were so many or that it would be so hard to sort them out! That page link you included will be a great help as well!
    KungFuKennyBrixfan02DeMontes
  • LindaWLindaW USMember Posts: 2
    Hello, I've started collecting Pokemon nanoblocks in 2015. I have almost all the figurines :D I searched for a long time for the Pikachu figurine, but fortunately I found it in a store in Vienna, I can't wait for the order to arrive <3 
    ^ gulp...
    sid3windrCymbelineKungFuKennypxchrisshikadidavetheoxygenman
    CCC said:
    Bobflip said:
    jgadget said:
    Bobflip said:
    jgadget said:
    For most pearl colours, I find that it is a spectrum of shades rather than two different colours.
    Indeed, that's what I've found as well. I'd stick to one pearl gold goblet
  • jgadgetjgadget Member Posts: 192

I'd really like to be able to stick to one shade of pearl gold, but my OCD won't let me keep them together. :-(

KungFuKennymustang69Bobflipgmonkey76SteveGSirBenmak0137MynattmadforLEGO
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,722
    ^ Will it let you stop collecting gold goblets?
    panchox1jgadgetSwitchfoot55SumoLego
    Right, now I get ya, hahah!
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 444

Nearly all of the LEGO separators. 
    560HeliportpxchrisKungFuKennyvanvonfullMr_CrossBumblepantsandhe
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,009
    Tkatt said:

I've never seen those two on the end. 

I too am a fan of the brick separators, I'm hoping that the new wide black one becomes more widely available soon.
    andhe
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 3,926
    Tkatt said:

Ah, but do you have 50 of each of them?
    andhegmonkey76AllBrick
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,203
    I think so baby spoons got mixed in at the end there. 

I can only imagine the ping damage that new wide one can do to a mosaic. 
    andhe said:

I can only imagine the ping damage that new wide one can do to a mosaic.
    Maximum scatter in multiple directions. I can see a new challenge at AFOL events. Who can remove all the tiles from a mosaic the quickest.

There is another type of separator, a metal tool a bit like a crow bar that came with RC Racers.
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 563
    My brick separator collection includes two teaspoons, a swiss army knife and, of course, my teeth.
    andheCymbelinemsanders
    Baby spoons aka Clikits separators (very effective too) !

stluxBumblepantsandheMr_CrossKungFuKennyCymbelineTkattmak0137AllBrick
    Tkatt said:

Oh you need the LEGO Modulex one too!
    andhepxchrisTkatt
  • Brixfan02Brixfan02 USAMember Posts: 205
    THICC SEPARATOR
    BumblepantsbricktuarymalleableAllBrick
    DeMontes said:
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention I'll add it to my list.
    I like your Clikits separators. The blue one is quite lovely. 
    Tkatt said:
    DeMontes said:
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention I'll add it to my list.
    I like your Clikits separators. The blue one is quite lovely. 
    Do you have a Bricklink link to that one? I didn't see it on a casual browsing. 
    ^ https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=clikits021b#T=P
     To see all the available colors you'll have to click on the related items.
    Tkatt said:
    Thank you, but I was actually looking for the Modulex separator. 
    pxchris said:
    Tkatt said:
    Well it’s actually the Foil combing tool 😉 not really a brick separator - sorry!

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=Mx1690

BumblepantsKungFuKenny
    DeMontes said:
    pxchris said:
    Tkatt said:
    Well it’s actually the Foil combing tool 😉 not really a brick separator - sorry!

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=Mx1690

Ahh, OK. I did see that when I was browsing. It's an odd lil' bugger huh?
    KungFuKenny
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,722
    ^ Well, you have a start on your short legged mono-fig collection!
    andhe560HeliportKungFuKennyJudgeChuckCymbelineAleyditamsandersomnium
    DeMontes said:
    Tkatt said:

You'll also need one of these as they're used to remove tiles from game dice:

Good luck finding one at a decent price!
    andheGothamConstructionComak0137
    Bobflip said:

At a penny each I might push the boat out and buy two. 
    Bobflip said:
    DeMontes said:
    Tkatt said:

And this one that is used for many games:
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,653
    CCC said:

And this one that is used for many games:
    Speed Champion wheel covers too
    @Paperballpark
    Are those trans clear figs customs?  I can't find any sellers on BL but my search terms may be off...
    No they're genuine Lego.

AstrobricksGothamConstructionCoKungFuKennyMr_Crossgmonkey76AllBrick
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 829
    I think you need trans-purple too... ;)
    560Heliport
    edited September 2020
    Seen a lot of these parts popping up on instagram. Trans-green etc drath vader helms. They seem to be coming out of lego factories, but obviously not standard parts so what is it? People doing short runs in random colours after hours?... Or LEGO's secretly way of recovering prototyping costs by selling them on Bricklink?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,653
    andhe said:
    Seen a lot of these parts popping up on instagram. Trans-green etc drath vader helms. They seem to be coming out of lego factories, but obviously not standard parts so what is it? People doing short runs in random colours after hours?... Or LEGO's secretly way of recovering prototyping costs by selling them on Bricklink?
    Apparently the Mexico factory is getting an extra night-shift of people making all sorts of stuff in the official molds. Much of this is purportedly coming from a few local shops in that area with resellers from California and Texas driving down and scooping it up for ebay
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,085
    ^ Are they doing this to train new workers? 
    maniac said:
    I think you need trans-purple too... ;)
    I could have got that, but the colour on the left leg is very noticably different, so I decided to leave it for now.
    ^ Are they doing this to train new workers? 
    No, just to prop up the Mexican economy!

It's always great to see a big monofigs collection, it is much nicer than mine. I remember"discovering" then myself, just happened to have a plain black head and torso and legs on my desk and stuck them altogether and they looked great. Then I made another 4 or 5 then found out other people had been doing the same.
    Brixfan02