Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• InfinitymanInfinityman United StatesMember Posts: 119
    Good point. I'll give them a call!
  • InfinitymanInfinityman United StatesMember Posts: 119
    On checking my order, I remembered that I did enter the code for the VIP set. That set and the Gingerbread House both show as "In Process" while Barracuda Bay is "Backordered", so I think it's OK. Thanks for the reminder, @BillyBricks84 !

panchox1
  • MalkanMalkan COMember Posts: 53
    If you wanted the Christmas tree GWP and have a Lego store nearby, try there. My local store still had them and said they would be giving out the nutcracker (#40254 I'm assuming) once those are gone.  They also had the tree house among other back ordered items in stock as well.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 793
    I placed an order yesterday to get the gingerbread house which I missed out on back in the fall. I thought they ran out of them? Did they find more somewhere? I don’t understand how Lego manages their GWPs.
    Bumblepants
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 904
    flord said:
    I placed an order yesterday to get the gingerbread house which I missed out on back in the fall. I thought they ran out of them? Did they find more somewhere? I don’t understand how Lego manages their GWPs.
    They must either hold a certain number back or run another batch just for the Christmas in July promos every year.
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,221
    Or they just clear out unsold stock from Lego Store locations?
    Could be, but the store near me always seems to run out of the promo sets, so I can’t imagine there’s THAT much extra stock In stores to pull together for July.
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 683
    I was pondering a purchase yesterday and the promo was in my bag. Went to check out today and it's now gone. Are they out of them?
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 493
    ^Pretty sure they ran out.  If you have a store in your state, you might try calling them to see if they got any promos.  I went to a store they other day and they had tons of sets that have been out of stock online for months.
    panchox1
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 422
    Tried putting in a "Backorder" for the Haunted House & I'm getting a Limit Exceeded message.  I think the website is having issues since I haven't ever purchased the Haunted House.  Since they seem to be out of the promo I'm not going to follow through with the order anyway.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167
    karrit said:
    Tried putting in a "Backorder" for the Haunted House & I'm getting a Limit Exceeded message.  I think the website is having issues since I haven't ever purchased the Haunted House.  Since they seem to be out of the promo I'm not going to follow through with the order anyway.

Yeah, sounds like they ran out of their allotment for back orders just as you tried to order.
    Not a deal, but just an observation on stock levels: I have 51 sets in my wishlist right now. 34 are already released or available for preorder, and 17 are “coming soon”. Almost all are SW, HP, or larger D2C sets...

For the first time in several months, every single one of the 34 can be ordered this morning. Not a single one shows “out of stock”. Getting that Mexico factory back online (and probably sales slowing down a little compared to their peak) has really started to show!

Maybe there’s hope for some good Black Friday deals after all?
    BumblepantsFizyxpanchox1Switchfoot55CymbelinePapaBear
  • flightriskflightrisk USAMember Posts: 163
    autolycus said:

Maybe there’s hope for some good Black Friday deals after all?
    We can only hope that the Mexico plant over produces some of the sets that are planned for retirement.  The sets I have marked are (or have been) on back order for two months which brings the status to somewhere late August or maybe mid September.  Which is right in par with what my local LEGO store manager told me a couple months ago.  Right now I’m just watching how long the sets stay available for pre-order.   Black Friday is definitely still a crap shoot.  
    He also said there would be plenty of new stock around for Christmas sales.   All depending on the plant staying open.  

• KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,151
    My May the Fourth order (#75244 and the #40407 and #5005488 promos) just shipped
    PapaBearBumblepantsred237
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,086
    Has anyone else seen this from Legoland Florida?  

Get 2,500 pieces of carefully hand picked LEGO® Build a Minifigure pieces (500 legs/skirts, 500 torsos, 500 heads, 500 hats/hair pieces and 500 accessories) and receive the below item for free! Save $1,510.00!
    1 FREE LEGOLAND® EXCLUSIVE  Minifigure Motion Duffle Bag, Capacity 18 L, 18"/45cm x 10"/25cm (reg. Retail $44.99)

BumblepantsSeijiAmasawaevantyler
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,997

"Carefully Handpicked" probably translates to "A crapton of whatever has been left for years at the bottom of the build-a-minifig pile".

Still could be interesting to the right buyer but $700 is a lot of money to gamble on them actually being what you want.
    KungFuKennymadforLEGOSeijiAmasawaFizyxgmonkey76
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,610
    BAM is 3 for $9.99. How do they get a supposed "regular" price of $2209.99? 
    Imagine if that box broke open in transit (which is why it all comes in a duffel bag). I guess it is neat if you happen to run an organization that wants to hand out a random figure to kids.
    It does make me wonder though if this means that LDCs are going to give up doing BaM (and hopefully not LEGO stores), that would be a real shame as its one of the reasons I go to LEGO stores.
    gmonkey76
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 705
    Really expensive duffel bag
    560HeliportKungFuKennyFizyxgmonkey76
    Really expensive duffel bag
    Bargain collectible.
    560HeliportKungFuKennyFizyxBrickByBrickgmonkey76Astrobricksmak0137
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,086
    edited August 2020
    The BAM at LegoLand is $12.99 for 3... that puts the price for 500 minifigs at around $2165
    gmonkey76Astrobricks
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,610
    ^Damn, I thought $9.99 was steep! At least it explains the "regular" $2209.99.
    $1.20 per fig is interesting if that's your thing but doesn't seem so great for a random lot of such massive bulk. I've seen generic figs on BL for about that.
    gmonkey76
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,691
    It may be a "good" deal if you have a bricklink store, and plan to resell them. Lets say there's 10 different torsos, legs, etc. That's still 50 of the same pieces. Don't know how many combinations that would be, but I know I wouldn't want that many of the same Minifigures in my city.
    klinton
    I missed the Gingerbread House last year when it ran out, so it was a pleasant surprise to get one with my (backordered) Barracuda Bay!
    I hope you put something else in your cart that wasn't currently on backorder. If the GWP runs out before your set is shipped, you won't get it. If you didn't, you may want to call LEGO CS and see if you can something small to the order. That way, the small item and the GWP will be sent now. 
    My just shipped May the Fourth order still has the promos listed but they waited to ship those
    While the Mario promos require in store Mario purchases, the Speed Champions promo on the 17th-31st works online and appears to apply to any $35 purchase. Planning to get #76157 then.
    Actually you are getting accessories as well, and if you get accessory pieces that can old be found in BaM (Like shields or Halloween parts) or parts that were either in CMF or BaM (like penguins, certain dogs, etc) It may get a bit more lucrative, but then you are still sitting there selling an awful lot of parts.
    FizyxKingAlanI
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,340
    Can anyone confirm if orders containing ONLY parts from B&P above $35 qualify for free shipping? I have a cart with bricks sitting at $40, but it still shows shipping?
    Can anyone confirm if orders containing ONLY parts from B&P above $35 qualify for free shipping? I have a cart with bricks sitting at $40, but it still shows shipping?

As far as I know all BnP orders incur a $2.95 shipping charge.  The free shipping is only on parts ordered through PAB which is only their choice of parts in limited colors.
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 538
    I am fairly certain, if you have over $35 in BnP and add anything else to your cart, even one piece from PaB you will get free shipping.
    rd1899
    ...well, I guess a call to CS is in order...

Thanks!
    Does anyone know when the large Hedwig set is slated to launch in the US? I thought it was July? [email protected] just says "Coming Soon." 
    Does anyone know when the large Hedwig set is slated to launch in the US? I thought it was July? [email protected] just says "Coming Soon." 
    This weekend, no? For some reason I thought August 15 was the 'official' release date for these?
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,142
    I think all the August 1st sets are September 1st or earlier now.
    Hedwig is theoretically a Barnes & Noble exclusive & they have Sept. 1 as the release date on their website.
    Thanks for the feedback everyone
    The good news:
    I got a gingerbread house promo despite my original order waiting til a few days ago to ship.
    The bad news:
    It was one one end of the box and guess which side the delivery guy put down so the Tree house box crushed the Gingerbread house box...lol
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 437
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/wonder-woman-77906

Wonder woman fandoms set is live. 
    BumblepantsmadforLEGOgmonkey76
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,997
    thenos said:
    Got one, thanks!
    gmonkey76
    Man, 39.99 for a box essentially. I got one, but still its not like any of those parts or figures are exclusive to the set.
    ReesesPiecesgmonkey76thenosKungFuKenny
    Bespin Duel is available now
    KungFuKennyMCNwakeboardgmonkey76
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 552
    Bespin Duel is available now
    Limit 3, makes me wonder how many were made.  I do hope it's a lot, so everyone who legitimately wants one can get one, as opposed to just resellers.  I placed an order just in case it sells out, but I'm eagerly anticipating it to become available at Target so I can at least get the RC discount.  Paying RRP at Lego w/o 2x VIP points or even a GWP stings...
    MCNwakeboard
    Apparently it is also now available on Targets site now.
    Apparently it is also now available on Targets site now.
    Yup, showed up at 10PM PST on the dot for me.  Still available on both sites, so either they made plenty or the demand isn't that high.
    As of 7:20am EDT, the Bespin Duel set can still be ordered but as “Backorder, will ship within 60 days.” They must have made a pretty good number of them.

Its also still available from Target, but theirs is ships Sept. 8–which is what it said at 2am when I woke up randomly and checked.
  • exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 226
    Sold Out at Target
  • exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 226
    Sold Out at Shop.Lego.com
    Bumblepants
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,384
    I've seen people complaining about lack of availability on Facebook pages. 

It was available for 8.5 hours and was supposed to be an SDCC only exclusive. What exactly do people want? LEGO can do no right.
    BrickByBrickstluxCymbeline560HeliporthleonffuBumblepantsKungFuKennygmonkey76pharmjod
    Showing "Available" from Target at 11:30 EDT, but definitely looks to be gone for good from [email protected] With a limit of 3 per order from [email protected], I'm kind of surprised it lasted >7 hours!
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
    samiam391 said:
    I've seen people complaining about lack of availability on Facebook pages. 

It was available for 8.5 hours and was supposed to be an SDCC only exclusive. What exactly do people want? LEGO can do no right.
    People just want everything catered to them.  If it's not available at exactly the time they're ready to purchase for exactly the price they think it should cost, then time to bring out the pitchforks.  I get that time zones aren't the best for everyone but come on, if they really wanted one...  And at least they had a chance to get it, assuming most of the complainers on FB are in the US.
    560HeliportKungFuKennygmonkey76pxchris