Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Star Wars Discussion

Comments

• 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,907
    $39.99? Not so bad; I thought I read that it would be $49.99. 
    gmonkey76
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,262
    I hope it’s also in the UK, and I’d guess £35 based on the $40-£35 price of the AAT (I think). Not too bad, particularly as I won’t be buying the nigh-on identical 2015/2020 Final Duel for Vader.
    SMC
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 230
    Looks like it will be exclusive to Target at retail

https://www.starwars.com/news/empire-at-40-lego-star-wars-bespin-duel
    BumblepantsAstrobricks
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 313
    I want it but if it's not released here I'm not going to go after it. It's a nice display set but not something I would go out of my way for.
  • Darthtater147Darthtater147 United StatesMember Posts: 46
    It is also listed as coming soon on LEGO.com, at least in the US.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/bespin-duel-75294
    Astrobricks
    edited August 20
    So we’re 99.9% certain now that the Bespin Duel won’t be available outside North America (a single sweepstake in a few month’s time doesn’t count).

The only positive I can think of is that it might slightly dilute the price of the new Darth Vader minifigure and that the Luke from Bespin Duel shouldn’t be too bad to get hold of on his own.

As Luke seems to be exclusive to the set, does this mark the first ever time that an SDCC exclusive Star Wars set has an exclusive minifigure? Considering they’ve not done that before bar taking away the odd helmet or two, frustration levels are peaking more than normal!

(The NY I Heart Yoda wasn’t SDCC but equally annoying to the Star Wars minifigure collector anywhere outside of New York).
    I believe Luke is the same as the one from #75222 Betrayal at Cloud City. 
    Astrobricks
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,331
    @The_Rancor
    Are your sure about that?  If so I might try to get an extra copy to bring with me for trading on the Inside Tour next June...

No doubt someone on your inside tour will fancy the Bespin Duel if it’s not available in their country! It’s a shame TLG are still unclear as to their availability of it, but seeing as its coming soon on the US store but not even visible on the UK store that probably says a lot.

If that Luke really is the same as Betrayal at Cloud City then that’s a little better. I wondered whether TLG had just tweaked a small bit of print or changed the head.

None of this will matter soon to me as the wait should be over for the Razor Crest! And I found someone that had the AAT back in stock to reserve today too. Just need to find one 501st battlepack and i’ll be in my zen place Star Wars wise - only one is all I ask! Social media is full of people with about 20 each.
    KungFuKennyMr_Cross
    I have #75222, and when I check the parts inventory for #75294, it says that I have all the parts of Luke. So it must be the same Luke- unless the information in the database is wrong.
    KungFuKennyMr_CrossbrickedinThe_Rancor
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 155
    Apparently #75292 Razor Crest will be renamed to “The Mandalorian Bounty Hunter Transport.” Looks like the UK Lego [email protected] site has this new name, but the US site still shows “Razor Crest.” 

Why not call it Razor Crest??
    bpk2300 said:
    Apparently #75292 Razor Crest will be renamed to “The Mandalorian Bounty Hunter Transport.” Looks like the UK Lego [email protected] site has this new name, but the US site still shows “Razor Crest.” 

I can't think of any sensitive or controversial situation that would cause this change. Could it already have been trademarked by someone else? (I would expect that to have researched.) What is going on at TLG? 
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 469
    bpk2300 said:

Someone trademark squatted "Razor Crest" in Europe. Lucasfilm has a clear registration in the US for sure, but if there's even the chance of litigation in Europe, it's just easier to rename things before they're on the market in the specific territory.

Because the US/North American boxes are different anyway, they could possibly just do "Razor Crest" in North America and the other name in Europe.
    560Heliportgmonkey76bpk2300
    I foresee a huge demand for North American boxes from European AFOLs! 
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,311
    Why not take a cue from Lepin, and just call it Razer Krest or something :)
    560HeliportMCNwakeboardKungFuKennygmonkey76Charmiefcbpxchris
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,513
    I figured someone was canceling razors this week or something.
    SumoLegoKungFuKenny560Heliportgmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,148
    Some better not cancel Crest.  I don't want to pick another toothpaste.
    560HeliportKungFuKennygmonkey76Bumblepantsdavetheoxygenman
    SumoLego said:
    Some better not cancel Crest.  I don't want to pick another toothpaste.
    Wait... does this mean we can change toothpaste? I thought we were stuck with whatever Mom bought when we were kids! Oh wow... what else could I change? I'm so confused!
    KungFuKennygmonkey76BumblepantsBrainsluggedJ0rgenSumoLego
    ... just call it Razer Krest...
    Shall we make unsolicited suggestions?  

Mandomobile?
    ManDeLorean?
    Dark Sabercrest?

Venus Aquafresh.  
    Occam's Plume.

I'm out.  And not that clever...
    gmonkey76BumblepantsMr_CrossYo_dA
  • bamaker1bamaker1 Richardson, TXMember Posts: 22
    Just call  "Ray Seacrest"
    panchox1
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 68
    How about ... Destiny's Bounty?
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,311
    Mandestiny’s Bountycrest 
    panchox1
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,343
    autolycus said:
    bpk2300 said:

Someone trademark squatted "Razor Crest" in Europe. Lucasfilm has a clear registration in the US for sure, but if there's even the chance of litigation in Europe, it's just easier to rename things before they're on the market in the specific territory.

Because the US/North American boxes are different anyway, they could possibly just do "Razor Crest" in North America and the other name in Europe.
    Correct. A German importer of Chinese building block sets stole a MOC from Rebrickable, sells it as a set on their site and trademark squatted "Razor Crest".
    LucasFilm/Disney submitted their own trademark request; TLG seems to have chosen to rename the set in Europe while the lawyers fight it out.
    BumblepantsFireheart
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,513
    Baffling that Disney would not have all possible TMs locked up way in advance.
    iwybsMr_Crossgmonkey76AstrobricksSumoLegoMynatt
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,297
    I've got a few snappy suggestions for copyright dodging alternatives: 
    Predominantly grey LEGO spaceship
    The Cut-throat Toothpaste Tube
    Winged Weiner Cart
    Amanda Lorien's Ship

Disclaimer: I know nothing about the show and I like the look of the model. This was just word play and doesn't reflect my views.
    BumblepantsAstrobricks
    Sometimes that’s hard to do while avoiding spoilers or rampant plot speculation.

I don’t know German IP laws, but at least in the US, registering a mark is not required for protection of the mark nor does it guarantee protection. I imagine if it were a US company doing this, Disney would have already filed in court and asked for a temporary restraining order. The company would probably stop because they would know it’s a losing battle that would cost way too much in attorney fees.
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 313
    Now it's been renamed Razor Crest again. At least in Australia.
    I was playing Lego Star Wars The Original Trilogy. Now I have the itch to get Skywalker Saga day 1.
    bpk2300560HeliportBumblepantsSumoLego
    I'm sure someone in the European IP Procurement Department is sweating on their Microsoft Teams Conference call.

...so Lars, you registered 'ManDeLorean', 'BabyYodaPunchyFace', 'ScoutTroopersBeStupid' but not 'RazorCrest'?  Perhaps you need to be placed in the redundancy pool...
    560Heliportgmonkey76BrainsluggedCharmiefcbKungFuKenny
  • ravendragonwingravendragonwing Member Posts: 150
    Do not know if this has been mentioned or not. Best Buy has a LEGO Han Solo in Carbonite Switch game case GWP with pre-order of the new Star Wars game. They will also price match Wal-Mart and Amazon, which are both $10 cheaper than Best Buy. Also, I bought the new Star Wars advent calendar today and there was a code to play Christmas sweater Darth Vader in the game.
    560HeliportBumblepantsAstrobricksbpk2300
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,877
    edited August 26
    SumoLego said:

...so Lars, you registered 'ManDeLorean', 'BabyYodaPunchyFace', 'ScoutTroopersBeStupid' but not 'RazorCrest'?  Perhaps you need to be placed in the redundancy pool...
    Head of European IP: "Lars, You have failed me for the last time."
    BumblepantsKungFuKennypanchox1
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 342
    Just hoping it's a name change only in the online description or worst case they are reprinting the packaging (assuming it's not resolved before they ship or they hold back on shipping).... if my set arrives with a sticker slapped on the top with the new name i'll be less than impressed.
  • OldTownBricksOldTownBricks VirginiaMember Posts: 31
    Anyone have any idea what time the Bespin Duel is supposed to go live on Target.com? 
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    Probably tomorrow when LEGO.com releases it. 
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 473
    they are going on sale at target a day early. unfortunately, i'm not a red card member.
    KungFuKenny
  • OldTownBricksOldTownBricks VirginiaMember Posts: 31
    panchox1 said:
    they are going on sale at target a day early. unfortunately, i'm not a red card member.
    I have a Red Card, but it's still listed as "Coming Soon"
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 523
    stlux said:
    autolycus said:
    bpk2300 said:

Correct. A German importer of Chinese building block sets stole a MOC from Rebrickable, sells it as a set on their site and trademark squatted "Razor Crest".
    LucasFilm/Disney submitted their own trademark request; TLG seems to have chosen to rename the set in Europe while the lawyers fight it out.

wondering if the Law hammer is already enroute to strike down there....
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 568
    panchox1 said:
    I have a Red Card, but it's still listed as "Coming Soon"

Me too. A member of my LUG also spread the news yesterday that the set was actually going for sale today "early", but his source was some fan site which itself gave no source for that information. Considering I still see the set on Target's page as "coming soon", I can only conclude "so that was a lie."
    panchox1Bumblepants
  • Yo_dAYo_dA IndianaMember Posts: 38
    I stopped into my local target this evening and they didn’t have Bespin Dual on the shelf. I was able to score the AAT though, so it felt like a win. 
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    Red card exclusives are not usually found in stores. Usually they are online only so they can verify you are using a Redcard.
    gmonkey76
    edited August 26
    Besides, who wants to explain to a child at checkout that they can't buy that LEGO set because they don't have a Red Card? What if they have a gift card... that happens to be red?
    From past experiences, you don’t have to use the Red Card for the purchase. You just have to be logged in to your account to put the item in your cart.

I will be using the app since I’m constantly logged in there and my payment method is stored and ready to go.
    Still says “coming soon” in the Target app... meanwhile it seems there are still plenty of the Wonder Woman set available ...
    gmonkey76
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 296
    Bespin Duel available on Lego.com
    NicksBricksKungFuKennymadforLEGOSumoLegobamaker1gmonkey76
    Just got mine...
    SumoLegogmonkey76
  • bamaker1bamaker1 Richardson, TXMember Posts: 22
    Got mine, but wouldn't let me use my Paypal account.  Had to use my debit card.
    SumoLegomattytrekspanchox1
    Hopefully, this doesn't get handled like the Wonder Woman set.  We'll have to see how quickly it goes to backorder...
    got my order in for 1. Site says max 3, which is a little surprising.

Now back to sleep. If Target has it for order tomorrow morning, I may order one from there too, just to hedge a little on something happening to my [email protected] order.
  • mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 196
    bamaker1 said:
    Got mine, but wouldn't let me use my Paypal account.  Had to use my debit card.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one encountering PayPal issues.  I fumbled around for a good 3-4 minutes before finally giving up and paying with credit card instead.  That's never happened before with a LEGO.com purchase.
    panchox1
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 296
    I thought the Wonder Woman set always had an Oct 1 ship date. I’m not too worried about the timing as long is it gets here at some point. 

Happy that the Lego site was working smoothly but maybe it was the only new set being added so not as much stress on the system. 
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,593
    edited August 27
    Anyone have any idea what time the Bespin Duel is supposed to go live on Target.com? 
    and @Lego_Lord_Mayorca its live on [email protected] now