Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO pick 'n' mix (UK)

Comments

• RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 2,009
    congrats to @andhe and @savage_steel!

Thanks its just as I have big bits (its not duplo) and wondered if it fits. It does :-)
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    @bluemoose - how's the box going? has it escaped into the wild yet?
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited April 2012
    ...its just as I have big bits (not duplo) and wondered if it fits. It does :-)
    Are we still talking about lego, or should this be moved to the brag thread! LOL

;oD
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    ^ LOL!
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    ^^ LOL @legomatt man I am missing out! Knew I should have stayed on both the US and UK box lists! Lol
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 2,009
    edited April 2012
    @legomatt :-O you behave yourself young man! lol and now i cant help myself....

• jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    @legomatt and @Redbullgivesuwind LOL Too funny!
    Okay so what if we set up a flikr group. That way people can post what they took and then people can look and take part if they want to and easy to avoid if people really dont want to know. We can limit it to just what people took so keeps it a surprise. What do you guys think? It also means this thread can be used for problems or queries.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950
    I wouldn't mind joining if this is happening again/still happening next year or so. I am not currently in the country, but will be then, and I would be interested.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,534
    @redbullgivesuwind I'd be interested in a Flickr group if you're setting one up. For me its not a trust issue, I just enjoy seeing what people have got and what they're going to do with it. I love the fact that everyone has different collections and things they want/would use. One man's trash is another man's treasure! Think it best to keep pictures clear of here so people can avoid them easily if they want.
    @andhe Okay ill set a group up tomorrow. Then post the link here and on the message. That is how i saw it not keeping up and judging but just being nosy as to what people took and want to use.
    Sounds good! I think I'm somewhat of a lego voyeur.
    ^arent we all?

Okay so the group is http://www.flickr.com/groups/pickandmix

Dont have to post at all what you take out and put in or anything at all for that matter but would be nice to see.
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    The box is here :) I shall have a better look tonight when the children are in bed.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    ^ Hurry up, you've got to get it to another 4 people before I die of impatience :-)
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 519
    ^ LMAO. Been there, done that!

• bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    ^^ great. Glad it arrived so quick & in one piece(s) :-)
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    2 weeks 3 days til the postage prices go up ... hurry up guys :)
    How much are they actually going up by?...
    edited April 2012
    small packages are hit worst with a 70% rise, less for other sizes
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/03/27/uk-royalmail-idUKBRE82Q0DQ20120327
    Don't worry, I'm nearly done. If I can hide from the children this afternoon I might be able to get it posted tonight, but if not it will be first thing in the morning :)
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Oh I think its coming to me next. How exciting. I'll make sure I turn it around fast to the next person!
    ^wish i could be as confident, i'm not even sure what i can put in yet.

Have we had many exchanges yet? I'm gonna have to go check the list... then make my apologies to whoever follows me LOL. :oP
    Im after Si and waiting impatiently for it to get to him!
    Not as impatiently as I am, these Imperial Flagships are getting in the way, I need rid of them.
    ^I thought it was those UCS Falcons that you were really keen to be rid of.
  • mattheww888mattheww888 Member Posts: 87
    @Si_Dorking_Surrey_UK,
    Do you have a store or website you're selling those Imperial Flagships through?
    well, this one if you like :)
  • mattheww888mattheww888 Member Posts: 87
    ^Of course. What's your asking price (USD)?
    @teamladd The box is on it's way to you 1st class rec, should be with you Monday :)
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    One step closer! :-)
    Whoop whoop thanks @legonut80
    @Si_Dorking_Surrey_UK

Damn, with all these UCS falcons and Flagships flying about. I think I have a polybag i can swap for one. :o)
    Yeah... that'll do... I change my mind on the photos issue, let's keep it blind instead. ;o)
    edited April 2012
    only two way from me
    Parcel just arrived as I was leaving for a busy day at London book Fair. Something to look forward to when I get home.

:)
    Just been through the box, some fantastic pieces. I will add bits tomorrow and post to next person. ,
    WHICH WOULD BE ME! YEEEEYY!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Get those falcons and flagship ready!!
    Can't believe I'm pretty much bottom of the pile, it will take ages to get to me!! :-(
    I don't build a great deal, have very little need for parts, yet of all the parcels heading my way. This is the one I'm probably most looking forward too?
    Its on its way @Si_Droking_Surrey_UK :D Yay!!!
    Sorry @Lostintranslation its going to me after Si and there wont be any left :-D. Still need to come up with a good re name for you too.
    edited April 2012
    I have a lot of bricklink orders on the way, and a package arrived this morning - my first reaction was "eh - I didn't order this", and then "star wars? what? I dont even collect star wars". I was convinced that some bricklink seller had sent me the wrong order. Then it slowly dawned on me that all the bags are different. Plus, there's no way someone would order this lot off bricklink - or of they did, I'd LOVE to see what they were planning to build with it all. Now that would be one crazy model.

Actually, maybe that should be the challenge for whoever gets it last. They should have to build something using every one of the bricks that are left over at the end.
    @
    I have a lot of bricklink orders on the way, and a package arrived this morning - my first reaction was "eh - I didn't order this", and then "star wars? what? I dont even collect star wars". I was convinced that some bricklink seller had sent me the wrong order. Then it slowly dawned on me that all the bags are different. Plus, there's no way someone would order this lot off bricklink - or of they did, I'd LOVE to see what they were planning to build with it all. Now that would be one crazy model.

Actually, maybe that should be the challenge for whoever gets it last. They should have to build something using every one of the bricks that are left over at the end.
    @Si_Droking_Surrey_UK Brilliant idea. :D
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    Why is anybody last? Surely it just goes on circulating through the postal system, from one AFOL to another, forever? The list will change over time, of course, but there's no need for it to end ... :-)
    ^Just me who start huming never ending story with the word lego instead of story?
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    ^^^ does that mean there is starwars stuff in it. 'excited!'.
    ^ It's coming to my house first! ;)
    ^+^^ sorry me next heee heee heeee hee. I have heard you both love blue and yellow 2x4s which is what im gonna fill it with.
    ^Im not really....green 2x4
    I got the box this morning and it will head out friday :-D. Ive had to change boxes though. It looked like the postie had dropped it and then left it outside in the rain.