Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What Have You Done To Your House To Accommodate Your Lego Hobby/Addiction?

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,247
    edited June 17
    The pass-through shelving is very nice!

You clearly need more ships.  No Silent Mary?  I know a guy that has one - very cheap!
    canon03gmonkey76KungFuKenny
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,461
    Looks well decorated to me :)
    legoleppy
  • legoleppylegoleppy MarylandMember Posts: 76
    SumoLego said:
    The pass-through shelving is very nice!

You clearly need more ships.  No Silent Mary?  I know a guy that has one - very cheap!
    I was on the fence when it was out. Who’s this guy and what’s his price?
    SumoLego
  • blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 132
    edited June 19

legoleppy said:
    I finally got my basement finished and my LEGO studio.  Still need to decorate it, but I love it!  Next up is better organization of my loose pieces.

ohhhhh my god. love it you @#^^&^*
    legoleppydpa1
    legoleppy said:
    I was on the fence when it was out. Who’s this guy and what’s his price?
    Allow myself to introduce... myself.  Feel free to PM if you're interested.  (And I generally dispense with the box - saves on shipping.)
    KungFuKennygmonkey76datsunrobbie
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,004
    Has anyone had success in dividing up TROFAST containers? My baggie system is no longer working for us.

I am looking for a solution similar to my Sterilight drawrs.

KLOKRIECHER
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 439
    legoleppy said:
    Wow, that wall through to the other room is incredible.  Great choice of sets too.
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55msandersLegoEveryone
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,004
    I have a solution, bit it's not good enough.

This storage tray from Target:
    https://www.target.com/p/3pk-long-storage-trays-white-room-essentials-8482/-/A-77294236

KungFuKennyKLOKRIECHER
    Can we have some modifications to domiciles, as opposed to storage discussions?
    Snizzlebuttspanchox1560Heliport
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 564
    Can we have some modifications to domiciles, as opposed to storage discussions?
    Does adding furniture count? I have a new glass-door bookcase for my home office on the way (literally in transit from the maker now). 73" tall, about 35" wide, and 5 shelves ~12" deep and adjustable height (plus the fixed bottom shelf). Should be able to hold a pretty good number of sets and be dust free (or at least dust significantly reduced).

I haven't decided if I will move the modulars into that or leave the modulars in my other glass case that's wide enough for 4 per shelf (but only has 3 shelves). Right now I only have 2 modulars plus Old Fishing Store built, due to lack of space. The new case will add enough for me to catch up on building the modulars from Parisian Restaurant to present.
    560HeliportCymbelinepanchox1AstrobricksSumoLegoWhiteDoveKungFuKenny
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 288
    I forgot to mention the lovely build table on castors. 
    And your abiding love for Frosties :)
    dpa1SalamalexFizyxKungFuKenny560HeliportMynattmsandersomnium
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 288
    @Astrobricks suffice to say there’s a story behind that and since I couldn’t bear to get rid of the box (it was one of those promotional items in a supermarket) and it needed a space in the room my husband had it framed as a surprise. 
    Fizyx560HeliportAstrobricks
    And your abiding love for Frosties :)
    They're G-r-r-r-eat!!!!
    dpa1KungFuKenny560HeliportAstrobricksgmonkey76Fizyxmsanders
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 114
    Very nice! I'd be interested in pictures of the MOC to the left of the Parisian if you have them somewhere. What is it?
    FollowsClosely
    ...is it a trap?
    Of course it is.

Before my wife and I were married, she feigned interest in the LotR movies, and volunteered (tortured) herself to 'catch-up' on the first two before RotK was released.

Now, it's:  'Don't be puttin' those stupid rock monster movies on my television!  Golfball and this Dwarves should be taking a long walk off of a short pier into Jaws-infested waters.'

(I always hear that in a Miss Piggy crescendo, but I'm told it's not that dramatic.)

You'll be remodeling your kitchen before the LEGO room goes in, and you'll magically run out of budget.  Akbar is always right...
    BumblepantspxchrisSwitchfoot55gmonkey76KungFuKennyCymbelinebandit778Oldfanmsanders
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 403
    edited August 31
    SumoLego said:
    ...is it a trap?

You'll be remodeling your kitchen before the LEGO room goes in, and you'll magically run out of budget.  Akbar is always right...
    See, I've found the best way to circumvent any (lack of) approval by The Oversight Committee is to simply present things like my Lego city and UCS MilF coffee table as a fait accompli. "Geez, hon, I know the city is 8'x12' but it's kinda too big to move so I guess it'll just have to stay here." 

I plan the same when I eventually get my double-tap kegerator and (someday) BMW M5.
    KungFuKennySumoLegoFizyx
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 284
    @MrJackson Good luck with that. You're amazingly foolhardy brave!
    SumoLegogmonkey76KungFuKenny
    MrJackson said:
    ...simply present things like my Lego city and UCS MilF coffee table as a fait accompli...
    Note to self, @MrJackson has a Death Wish.  This might come in handy when assembling a Brickset Suicide Squad.
    560Heliportgmonkey76stluxFizyxKungFuKennypxchris
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 403
    @SumoLego LOL, no deathwish, just not dumb enough to think I'm gonna live forever. Might as well pick which hill I'm gonna die on. 
    panchox1pxchrisCymbelinegmonkey76SumoLego
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,977
    MrJackson said:
    @SumoLego LOL, no deathwish, just not dumb enough to think I'm gonna live forever. Might as well pick which hill I'm gonna die on. 
    A hill of LEGO pieces? Sounds good to me!
    gmonkey76SumoLegoMr_Cross
    I'd probably pick a different hill. 

Like the 'should I use my newly acquired powers of Magneto for good or bad'...
    gmonkey76
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 165
    It's probably easier to just shop for a Lego room with an attached house!  :)
    That's exactly what I need

Fizyx560Heliport
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,026
    ^^I think Ikea sells those now?
    560HeliportFizyxpxchris
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 376
    We have finally caved in and getting quotes to convert the garage loft/attic into a Lego room... if the cost works out we should end up with a room approx 5.5m x 4m

Will be looking back through this thread at all the ideas of how to fit it out with cupboards/tables etc and seeing what would work best.
    WatfordScottyMdpa1Mr_CrossFizyx560HeliportSumoLegoFollowsCloselycozyeMJeeNL
    ^ A room 10.5m x 16m would probably work best...
    Look for a contractor that specializes in TARDIS :)
    560HeliportSwitchfoot55autolycusSumoLegocozy
  • browny333browny333 USAMember Posts: 49
    I always do at least one "major" project at the house each year during vacation/holiday time. These projects are like lego sets on steroids, and can be more expensive, dangerous, and frustrating. The project for this year is building an additional room in the attic for my boxes of legos, and was originally proposed by my wife with the alternative being divorce (take note, @LegoFanTexas). It will (hopefully) simultaneously clean out our room and my closet while taking this hobby out of the line-of-sight of my better half. Presently, I have only planned a square room that is 10'x10' (3m x 3m). Since it is in the attic and we live in a warmer climate, it will require extensive insulation. I am actually planning to install a window A/C unit for climate control in the summer (winter isn't an issue). I purchased and installed a 20amp breaker to handle the lighting, A/C, and other misc. loads. We have WIFI, so internet isn't an issue. My question is: If you could build a room from scrap based on the information given above, what would you include? I may end up incorporating some of the suggestions (based on cash flow). I also plan to post a picture of my new hideaway to this site once it is completed (including the boxes stacked to the ceiling, of course).
    I guess whatever you are doing is perfect if I were in your place would have gone for the same
    ^ Please add your comments outside the quote box so we know which part you wrote :)
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 524
    ^ Please add your comments outside the quote box so we know which part you wrote :)

Bug that happens sometimes. Only way to "break" out is goin into the HTML code view (the </> symbol) and then writing past the </blockquote>
    Mr_Crossmustang69
  • browny333browny333 USAMember Posts: 49
    edited October 12
    which part you are talking about unable to understand
    browny333 said:
    which part you are talking about unable to understand
    Well, let me put it this way...
    Why would I bother going back nine years to find the post you responded to in order to figure out which part of the text in that box was your actual response?
    560HeliportSumoLegoBumblepantsKungFuKenny
    Astrobricks said:
    Why would I bother going back nine years to find the post you responded to in order to figure out which part of the text in that box was your actual response?
    Let me count the reasons:

1) Random intra-thread zombie thread resurrection.
    2) Anything involving @LegoFanTexas
    3) Anything involving @Farmer_John
    4) Anything involving parsing html code
    5) ...
    KungFuKennygmonkey76GothamConstructionCo
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,886
    6) to remind everyone of that hilarious thread where a clearly underage forum member tried to convince everyone they had a gold plated C3-PO. 

I cannot find the thread so hope it has not disappeared forever. 
    jmeninnoSumoLego
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,425
    edited October 15
    6) to remind everyone of that hilarious thread where a clearly underage forum member tried to convince everyone they had a gold plated C3-PO. 

I think it was this thread (really starts up a few posts down) ...
    https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/799/solid-14k-gold-c3po/p1
    RedbullgivesuwindjmeninnoSumoLegoCymbeline560Heliportgmonkey76GothamConstructionCoBumblepants
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,886

I think it was this thread (really starts up a few posts down) ...
    https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/799/solid-14k-gold-c3po/p1
    To quote Krammer "Newman you magnificent bastard! YOU DID IT!"
    KungFuKennySumoLegogmonkey76
    Thanks @KungFuKenny. That was good for a laugh :)
    KungFuKennySumoLego
    That is one of the Golden Oldies.  

(As I recall, @samiam391 ended up with one these.)
    KungFuKenny
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,425
    SumoLego said:
    That is one of the Golden Oldies.  

(As I recall, @samiam391 ended up with one these.)
    Didn’t @samiam391 end up with all the good stuff? 🙂
    FizyxSumoLegogmonkey76pxchris
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,855
    I'm very tempted to resurrect that thread...
    KungFuKennySumoLegoAstrobricks
    Yes, when it comes to exclusive Staw Wars minifigures, that's for sure!
    KungFuKennygmonkey76pxchris
    SumoLego said:
    Yes, when it comes to exclusive Staw Wars minifigures, that's for sure!
    He has all the fancy Stah Wahs stuff :)
    SumoLego
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,552
    so many old names that have dropped off over the years. sad. No one ever found out what happened to @yellowcastle did they?
    gmonkey76oldtodd33
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,348
    I'm very tempted to resurrect that thread...
    Oops.
    AstrobricksSumoLegogmonkey76pxchrisFizyxRedbullgivesuwind
    He has all the fancy Stah Wahs stuff :)
    He's also wicked smaht!

And is able to pahk the cah in Havahd Yahd!
    Astrobricksgmonkey76pxchris