Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Have You Seen My Unusual Parts? - a challenge.

Comments

• KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,361
    edited August 2020
    560Heliport said: 
    Son-of-a... We've been had!
    I messaged the “catalog associate” who created the listing to see what I could find out, and I’ll pass along any info if they reply...
    560Heliport
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,220
    I suspect the date added is just a coincidence. There's clearly a lego logo on it. And no I don't have a clue what it's for!
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,232
    edited August 2020
    I suspect the date added is just a coincidence. There's clearly a lego logo on it. And no I don't have a clue what it's for!

That's true, but I just noticed this also:

EDIT: If it does end up being a hoax, I have to give the person who did it credit for thoroughness.
    BrainsluggedAstrobricks
  • jason1976jason1976 LondonMember Posts: 281
    lkliment2 said:
    Tricky— Homemaker Awning...
    https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=678#T=C&C=5

How about this one...

This is especially frustrating cause I recognize this from somewhere...
    I am really stuck on this one - after an hours searching I couldn't find and have to go do more productive stuff...

I hope someone finds it soon and puts me out of my misery!
    lkliment2
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,361
    jason1976 said:
    lkliment2 said:
    Tricky— Homemaker Awning...
    https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=678#T=C&C=5

How about this one...

This is especially frustrating cause I recognize this from somewhere...
    I am really stuck on this one - after an hours searching I couldn't find and have to go do more productive stuff...

I hope someone finds it soon and puts me out of my misery!
    This one is tricky- should I give a hint?  I’ll say this...

It is not part of the normal building process (probably pre-assembled in the factory)

Still stuck?

Try looking at the kind of Lego that appeals to the 1-4 year old demographic... :-)

I don’t want to hold up the game, so here it is..
    https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=48128#T=C

Not very fair since it is a component of a larger piece (Duplo Semi Chassis)... I’ll try not to post any more “parts of parts” :-)

How about this one? (Should be easier...)

lkliment2
    Try this one:

andhe
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,166
    Annoyed that I couldn’t find that by searching “axle hole” :(
    The four connection points on the side are recognisably Znap, so it was simple to go into the category and find it :)
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,081
    The four connection points on the side are recognisably Znap, so it was simple to go into the category and find it :)
    Recognisably Znap if you have Znap! :)
    AstrobricksMynattandheCyberdragon
    I have one piece, which I have no idea where it came from! I've looked on Brickset at them previously though.
    560Heliport
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,619
    Try this one:

Good one :-) Belville Horse Wagon Hitch 33209
    Found it by searching "Belville" and narrowing to white parts in the more options drop down.
    Oh, I know that you know it! It's just one of those parts I love and I wish they would re-introduce it so I can have it in lbg.
    So, perhaps an extra challenge here would be: could you find it without searching for the sets you know it's in?

I think it might be troublesome to find because IMO it is in a weird category... and things I would have searched might not include this part as a result.

KungFuKennyAstrobricks

Not very fair since it is a component of a larger piece (Duplo Semi Chassis)... I’ll try not to post any more “parts of parts” :-)

Ahh sneaky! ;)

I think one thing this challenge shows is how few Lego pieces I actually own - I assumed it was a technic piece as it looked like it had pin connectors so was totally down the wrong track....

This a great challenge though (and a good way to learn about unusual parts)
    KungFuKennyMr_Cross
    I was looking at this part again tonight— did anyone notice the date it was added to the BL database?  :-)

So I heard back from the BL catalog associate who created this entry... in short, the list date and the mystery surrounding the part are intentional.  He did give one clue in stating that the part appears in sets in something like 9 different colors...
    Mr_CrossAstrobricksBumblepants
    Mr_Cross said:
    Oh, I know that you know it! It's just one of those parts I love and I wish they would re-introduce it so I can have it in lbg.
    So, perhaps an extra challenge here would be: could you find it without searching for the sets you know it's in?

I think it might be troublesome to find because IMO it is in a weird category... and things I would have searched might not include this part as a result.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2342#T=C

And it was a bit troublesome to find - searches for "plate 1x2 modified", "curve", "angle" gave me nothing, even going for "space" didn't bring it back, but after trying "steer" and "yoke" I tried "control" and that found it!

To keep the game going, have a crack at this:

Lego Minifigure Armor Leg Anti-Blast Kama
    Mr_CrossAstrobricks
    I was looking at this part again tonight— did anyone notice the date it was added to the BL database?  :-)

So I heard back from the BL catalog associate who created this entry... in short, the list date and the mystery surrounding the part are intentional.  He did give one clue in stating that the part appears in sets in something like 9 different colors...
    I've had a message from someone saying it's a 'TILTING DEVICE FOR WAGGON BOT.', but I can't find anything more about it as the part numbers he's given me don't exist in BL. Odd.
    Mr_CrossAstrobricks
    jason1976 said:
    Mr_Cross said:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2342#T=C

And it was a bit troublesome to find - searches for "plate 1x2 modified", "curve", "angle" gave me nothing, even going for "space" didn't bring it back, but after trying "steer" and "yoke" I tried "control" and that found it!

To keep the game going, have a crack at this:

Lego Minifigure Armor Leg Anti-Blast Kama
    That was surprisingly easy - https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=61190a Minifigure, Armor Leg Anti-Blast Kama

I thought the top holes looked like the holes you get in parts that go on top of legs, so I looked in the 'Minifig Body Wear' category and searched for 'leg' :)
    Mr_Crossjason1976Astrobricksmak0137
    Try this:

Mr_Cross
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,014
    This fellow's arm: https://brickset.com/sets/8312-1/Jens.

What about this:

Mr_CrossKungFuKennyAstrobricksPaperballpark
  • lkliment2lkliment2 ChicagoMember Posts: 186

How about this one? (Should be easier...)

I’m still frustrated cause I still can’t remember where I recognize it....
    edited August 2020
    Huw said:
    This fellow's arm: https://brickset.com/sets/8312-1/Jens.

What about this:

That is https://brickset.com/parts/design-45574 from the Outdoor RC line...

How about 
    AstrobricksMynatt
    How about this?

I searched "cover" as an educated guess. Struck lucky!
    bb0093cover

Astrobricks
    Possibly an easier one.

gmonkey76BumblepantsAstrobricks
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,295
    edited August 2020
    Mr_Cross said:
    Possibly an easier one.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=4627&idColor=0#T=C&C=0 

That would be this jack lift arm, had a bunch of these as a kid.
    gmonkey76Mr_CrossmadforLEGOandhe
    How about this one?

Mr_Cross
    This one: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=5#T=C&C=5

I searched in red for Pivot. Initially I'd searched the Duplo categories but with no luck.

Try this one. I'm afraid the picture is a bit small.

Mr_Cross

I searched in red for Pivot. Initially I'd searched the Duplo categories but with no luck.
    I chose it by thinking back to the oldest stuff I own from childhood and remembered the weird ladder from #392 Fire Engine.
    Mr_CrossKungFuKenny
    edited August 2020

I've had a message from someone saying it's a 'TILTING DEVICE FOR WAGGON BOT.', but I can't find anything more about it as the part numbers he's given me don't exist in BL. Odd.
    Further to this, I've been told that it's part of a few different vehicle bases (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/search.page?q=30558*#T=A) from a Racers range back in 2001.

"They are used in the Xalax Racers from 2001. A feature is that they have a slightly movable bumper. When the bumper is pressed the driver is thrown off. 30597 is the part on which the driver sits."
    KungFuKennyMr_Cross

Try this one. I'm afraid the picture is a bit small.

I searched "crutch" curiously the part number is crutch! I was preparing myself for more of a hunt!
    jason1976Astrobricks
    The price of this one and its variants is a real eyeopener!

KungFuKennyAstrobricks
    x870cc02 please excuse my ignorance of how to copy a link, or whatever you call it. 
    Mr_CrossAstrobricks
    x870cc02 please excuse my ignorance of how to copy a link, or whatever you call it. 
    Just copy the link address in the address bar (select it with the mouse, and either right click on it and choose 'copy', or press CTRL+C), then paste it into the comment box here (either right click in the box and choose 'paste', or press CTRL+V).

Your turn :)
    Mr_Cross
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 712
    Or if you're on an iPad/iPhone, tap the button that's a square with an arrow pointing up out of it (the "share" button), scroll a bit and tap copy. Then press and hold in the message box on the forum and tap paste when the bubbles pop up. 
    Mr_Cross
    ^ and ^^ thanks, but I only have a smartphone. :)
    Mr_Cross

Further to this, I've been told that it's part of a few different vehicle bases (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/search.page?q=30558*#T=A) from a Racers range back in 2001.

"They are used in the Xalax Racers from 2001. A feature is that they have a slightly movable bumper. When the bumper is pressed the driver is thrown off. 30597 is the part on which the driver sits."
    Aha! Finally 🙂

Maybe Stormchaser could be reminded to give that vehicle base a “part inventory” that links to the tilting piece, and give it a more descriptive name?
    Mr_Cross
    Should still be possible, but perhaps trickier.
    Mr_Cross

Also, I still want to know how the hell @madforLEGO found this!
    Mr_Cross
    Should still be possible, but perhaps trickier.
    Oh,  I'm sure it's possible. I just don't know how. 
    Mr_Crossgmonkey76
    @560Heliport ...it should be possible on an android phone (I know virtually nothing about this stuff fwiw). There should be three dots in a vertical line in the top right of your screen. Share, copy, options to email or message a link etc. etc. etc. it might be a "<" symbol with circlular dots at each corner... or it might be a "clipboard" icon... something like that should copy the address and then in the comment window here, the option to "paste" should appear if you press and hold for a moment as @benbacardi said above.
    Have a quick look, if you can't see it or it's different on your phone I'm sure no-one will disqualify you - honestly, posting the item number should suffice!
    For your turn, you really only need to post a picture (you can zoom in, screen grab that and crop it if necessary - that's if saving the image from Bricklink is giving you problems too).
    560Heliport
    edited August 2020
    You are welcome :-)
    I don't know if these are searchable at Bricklink, but they are LEGO:
    Mr_Cross
    They're sprues! The chrome gold one is what the coins from Pirates (and I think other sets as well) came on. I saved them because they help fill up the treasure chests with "gold". The white one is how we used to get 1x1 round plates, "studs": 2 on each. So if the set used an odd number of "studs", you got a spare! This was kind of a big deal when those parts were new. 
    Mr_CrossKungFuKennymadforLEGO
    @560Heliport That was fine, elements on a sprue are listed... in fact, there really is quite a few of them! I used to love getting 4073 on their sprue... I think I have about eight lurking in a spares bag somewhere with my original childhood sets. Almost totally pointless for anything other than your suggested use, but, as you point out, LEGO nonetheless!

I think it's effectively still your go unless you'd like to defer in which case, I suggest it's open to whoever posts first!?
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 298
    Mr_Cross said:
    The price of this one and its variants is a real eyeopener!

Some sort of whistle? Kinda reminds me of the Acme 636 clipped to the sternum strap of my pack.
    Mr_Cross said:
    @560Heliport That was fine, elements on a sprue are listed... in fact, there really is quite a few of them! I used to love getting 4073 on their sprue... I think I have about eight lurking in a spares bag somewhere with my original childhood sets. Almost totally pointless for anything other than your suggested use, but, as you point out, LEGO nonetheless!

I think it's effectively still your go unless you'd like to defer in which case, I suggest it's open to whoever posts first!?
    I got nothin'! I was looking through bins of old parts and found those sprues, but nothing else challenging.