Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Unpopular LEGO Opinions

Comments

• legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 287
    Brickchap said:
    I collect only Lego helicopters and lighthouses; hence my favourite set of all time is the new elite police set with the raft lighthouse and police helicopter! 
    One of the few sets I have that is built is a lighthouse and have seen a couple more I do quite like. I even modded it to have a permanent on/off switch instead of having to hold it down to light up. No helicopters though.

I'm okay with licensed ideas sets and licensed sets in general as long as there's things like the ship in a bottle and the pop up book still getting through as well but they're very hit and miss. I'd much rather have something eye catching like Wall°e again than something bland like Seinfeld. 
    560Heliport
  • SilverLoveSilverLove SwedenMember Posts: 90
    I would like for Lego to NOT include bricks separators IN the sets and just provide bunch of separators separately, so retailers can hand them out for free to customers who buy a set and they can then choose if they need one with the purchase or not.

Also that they would accept if one would like to turn in ones brick separators, to be sent back and perhaps be recycled into new orange bricks. I dont feel environmental friendly throwing mine in the trash...so they get to stay and become an unwanted constant growing collection.

While I appreciate physical (?) paper manuals AND how much easier the instructions are to understand nowadays compare to the 80ies guess-work, I feel there is no point of the booklets being thick for the sake of being thick (I really dislike when reviewers go ”and the instructions are 30000 pages EXCLAMATION MARK,  
    EXCLAMATION MARK, EXCLAMATION MARK, EXCLAMATION MARK...”). So a FEW fewer steps or pages when possible, would make me happier... Less thick instructions = room for more instructions (i still dont want to throw them away.) 

560Heliport
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 674
    legobod said:

Think this is mainly in the US, I only ever heard them called tissues where I was in the UK but we always called tape Sellotape after the brand so swings and roundabouts. Likewise I'd never seen or heard of a sharpie until I was in my 20s, we always said permanent marker but I only hear sharpie in the US.

Oh yes, brands are highly regional. I think the US equivalent of Sellotape is "Scotch tape". Scotch is the 3M brand of clear plastic tape, and its the most prevalent brand in the US. It's also, IMO, significantly better quality than any of the "off brands". Much like 3M's Post-it notes are significantly better than generic knockoffs.
    andhe560Heliport
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,303
    I would like for Lego to NOT include bricks separators IN the sets and just provide bunch of separators separately, so retailers can hand them out for free to customers who buy a set and they can then choose if they need one with the purchase or not.

Also that they would accept if one would like to turn in ones brick separators, to be sent back and perhaps be recycled into new orange bricks. I dont feel environmental friendly throwing mine in the trash...so they get to stay and become an unwanted constant growing collection.

The cost of having to hand out separators separately would probably not be sustainable, aside from maybe in a LEGO store if they have a bowlful at the till. LEGO is sold in many places, I cannot see supermarkets wanting to have to hand them out with purchases, for example. Plus they would probably need to be packaged and barcoded, so that they can be included with online orders, leading to further packaging waste.

Plus it is unlikely that they would recycle them. Someone has to bear the cost of the postage, and sending even a full envelope of them is probably not environmentally friendly worse still if just a couple. And even then, they could be contaminated and LEGO would need to be very careful reusing items that have been sent in to them. If they can't grind and re-mould their own waste plastic generated in the factories, they burn it for power generation. I imagine that is what they would have to do with parts that the public would send them if they allowed it.

A better alternative is to learn to use them in MOCs.

Better still, if they start making more colours then they would become more collectable. If you could get one in every colour, then  I doubt as many people would complain about how many they have.
    datsunrobbieMr_CrossBumblepantsiwybsFizyxAstrobricks560HeliportGothamConstructionCoflowerpotgirl
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 992
    CCC said:

The cost of having to hand out separators separately would probably not be sustainable, aside from maybe in a LEGO store if they have a bowlful at the till. LEGO is sold in many places, I cannot see supermarkets wanting to have to hand them out with purchases, for example. Plus they would probably need to be packaged and barcoded, so that they can be included with online orders, leading to further packaging waste.

Plus it is unlikely that they would recycle them. Someone has to bear the cost of the postage, and sending even a full envelope of them is probably not environmentally friendly worse still if just a couple. And even then, they could be contaminated and LEGO would need to be very careful reusing items that have been sent in to them. If they can't grind and re-mould their own waste plastic generated in the factories, they burn it for power generation. I imagine that is what they would have to do with parts that the public would send them if they allowed it.

Better still, if they start making more colours then they would become more collectable. If you could get one in every colour, then  I doubt as many people would complain about how many they have.
    But don't make them in reddish brown! Given how brittle the Lego pieces are in this colour! 
    560HeliportCymbelineKungFuKennyFizyxandheRedbullgivesuwindpxchrisGothamConstructionCoflowerpotgirl
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,189
    msanders said:
    But don't make them in reddish brown! Given how brittle the Lego pieces are in this colour! 
    Or teal. The new(ish) teal coloured ones are softer than the orange ones we've been getting for a few years now. I was using one for only a couple of weeks before the end started to squish up, rendering it unable to pry up plates. I'd used an orange one for years prior to that with minimal wear.
    560Heliportflowerpotgirl
  • SilverLoveSilverLove SwedenMember Posts: 90
    CCC said:

Most supermarkets that I know of often have junk next to at least a few of the things they sell. Junk = things the supermarket dont have to pay for, nor the customers (well, perhaps as an hidden cost ie already included in the price). It can be ”buy two rolls of crackers, get a free container with the logo of the product (Not the supermarkets logo) on” or ”Buy one package of tea, get this towel with tea-logo on for free”. Then a stack or bucket of said freebies. The staff at the supermarket refill this if they have the time/more freebies in stock or they remove/let the cardboard stay in place.

Well, if it wasnt for quality consistency (tears and wear - not that Ive used most of them that much) Lego stores could take them back and hand them out to customers, they do have a bowl at the tills with separators that they sell... Its taking responsibility for the products that you put out. In Sweden producers have to pay a tax that will to some degree cover the cost of taking care of the waste after the consumer is done with it. 

I would gladly give away all my separators to anyone that has the skills to use them in MOCs...but I cant imagine (and thats why im not a MOCer) anyone having use of as many brick separators in MOCs as the amount that can be amassed by AFOLs. I would even pay for the postage myself if said MOCer lives somewhere in Europe.

Im happy with the numbered individual bags, even if the amount of packaging material after Im done with a set bugs me. Because I understand that it makes it easier for people to start building (I would mind everything in the same bag and the requirement to sort before building - except the transclear larger pieces - those I would like in a separate bag. Hate when a large piece comes out with a severe big scratch in the middle of it).

Just trying to dull my bad concience for being a consumer I guess, wishing for fewer pages per instruction manual and fewer brick separators. 

And no, I would not like to keep them even if every one I have is of a different colour. But then, yes, at least they would bring a better value to some.
    560Heliport
    klinton said:
    msanders said:
    Or teal. The new(ish) teal coloured ones are softer than the orange ones we've been getting for a few years now. I was using one for only a couple of weeks before the end started to squish up, rendering it unable to pry up plates. I'd used an orange one for years prior to that with minimal wear.
    If they become collectables in a rainbow of colours, you are not meant to use them! :-)

Although I think there might be a different composition or ratio of plasticiser in them, as they don't dye as well as regular bricks, similar to minifigure hands.
    560Heliport
    There are interesting MOCs that use many of them as roofs (both upright and upside down) and spaceships, plus one of a few of them as inspiration for a build, be it motorbike chassis or bird beaks.
    560Heliport
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,372
    I've been trying to keep this in, but well, "the best sets of the millennium" result on the front page has pushed me to this. I don't like #71040 Disney Castle. Don't like the figures, don't like the look of it. Wish they'd retire it and put out a proper castle instead. Bleurgh! Disney poison! Don't like it. Don't want it. Can't make me. Huff!

...I don't want that to stop anyone giving me a copy if they felt they needed to change my mind though ;-)
    560HeliportSirBrickalotOfLegoFizyxgmonkey76pxchrisMynattGothamConstructionCoflowerpotgirl
  • CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 516
    Add a lighting kit, makes it look way better (same with any crappy modular). I mean I'm not into Disney but I don't think it's ugly, how dare you! XD
    Mr_Cross560Heliport
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 88
    Another blasphemous, unpopular statement.  

I like some of the non-LEGO brand building sets that are out there.  The MegaBlox/MegaConstrux, Call of Duty sets were instant favourites of mine.  For anyone looking for military models with a lot of detail and playability they are a good choice.  I also couldn't resist this V-22 Osprey model when I saw it at ToysRUs.

560HeliportCharmiefcbpanchox1
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,398
    I think ‘proper’ competition for Lego is fine with regards to rival brands, as long a story it’s not trying to copy them or steal AFOL designs. Back when they had the license I bought quite a lot of Pirates of the Caribbean Megablox, though I wasn’t a massive fan of their ‘minifigures’ which felt somehow too detailed.
    FizyxCharmiefcbstluxmsandersiwybs560Heliport
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 286
    I have ZERO interest in dragons, mecha and cars.
    560HeliportvanvonfullSilverLove
    I have ZERO interest in dragons, mecha and cars.
    As long as you're good with helicopters, police stations, and lighthouses, LEGO still has tonnes to offer for you!
    Charmiefcbgmonkey76FizyxSilverLovemsandersCyberdragonSirBrickalotOfLegosklamb560Heliport
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 506
    I like cars (especially sports cars) and dragons well enough, but I was NEVER interested in mecha.
    560HeliportJRBricksCyberdragonFizyx
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 548
    Inspired by the front page bouts, I think the Medieval Market Village has to be one of the most overrated sets I’ve ever seen. How it lost to the Slave I is beyond me. I feel like nostalgia plays too big of a role in people’s perceptions of sets, because the MMV really isn’t all that.
    Mr_Crossflord560Heliport
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,717
    Inspired by the front page bouts, I think the Medieval Market Village has to be one of the most overrated sets I’ve ever seen. How it lost to the Slave I is beyond me. I feel like nostalgia plays too big of a role in people’s perceptions of sets, because the MMV really isn’t all that.
    You mean how it beat Slave I.
    andheMr_CrossSirBrickalotOfLego560Heliportpanchox1Cymbeline
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,202
    edited July 2020
    @SirBrickalotOfLego I like Star Wars as much as the next guy, but I think the numerous repeats slightly waters down the wow factor for me and as I expected Slave 1 to get loads of votes I voted MMV. It may not have particularly clever techniques (compared to more modern sets perhaps) but I remember it being announced out of nowhere (before the days of major leaks), this large civilian based Castle set unlike anything done before or since. That's why it got my vote over yet another larger version of yet another star wars vehicle. 
    BumblepantsMr_CrossKungFuKenny560HeliportFizyxCymbelinegmonkey76
    I'm just glad the Disney Castle was knocked out... in my eyes that made up for Slave I being beaten by @Bumblepants favoured (and eloquently advocated) choice.
    I'd actually really like to own the Medieval Market Village... is it over-rated though? I dunno, maybe?
    I tend to think AFOLs get dewey eyed over stuff that speaks most to the child inside them... and clearly, by a large margin, Medieval Market Village is far more childish appealed to a lot more people! ;-)
    KungFuKennyBumblepantsSirBrickalotOfLegoandheFizyxgmonkey76560Heliport
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 548
    @Astrobricks ah yes, oops!

I understand its appeal but I do think it's held to too high of esteem.

560Heliportflowerpotgirl
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,505
    I don't really get the victories of MMV or AUG either. You put MMV against parisian restaurant or old fishing store which are houses too, apart from nostalgia, I fail to see what could be in favour of MMV.

Also don't understand the logic of voting for a set not because you like it, but solely to even things out. Reminds me of people on video game sites who don't understand the average mark is supposed to represent the average opinion of all players and not only their, and are like "I would give this a 15, but actually give 20 to compensate for people who rated too low"
    560Heliport
    Doesn't overrated just mean something other people like and I don't? If so Disney Castle is overrated for me, as is Classic Space.
    Mr_CrossLostInTranslationSirBrickalotOfLegogmonkey76Lego_Lord_Mayorca560Heliport
    I like Classic Space, but I think you're right @CCC it is pretty overrated.

Hmmm, perhaps that means I like Classic Space so much that I don't like other people liking it? Or I don't think other people really understand what's so good about it and they're not real fans? Either way, I want them to stop buying it so that there's more for me at a lower and far more palatable price.

560HeliportKungFuKennypxchris
    I imagine Classic Space fans like it for different reasons. I like neo-Classic Space, but not a fan of the blocky ships of 40 years ago in Classic Space. Or the yellow heads and boring faces.
    Fizyx560Heliport
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,082
    edited July 2020
    Well, 40 years ago everything LEGO was blocky with boring yellow faces. Classic Space was (and is!) awesome! I'm 51; I remember when the first unposeable minifigures had yellow heads, no faces! And I remember when we didn't have them yet- or the big figures that no legs- you built them of blocks.
    JRBricksKungFuKennyJudgeChuckpxchrisOldfan
    well, last 2 rounds seem more fair, featuring sets that I would say are about in the same league. I don't care about the roller coaster, but still think it could deserve to win.
    560Heliport
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,537
    According to the reults of the main page poll so far, mine is an unpopular opinion: I think TLG is right to cancel the Osprey. I would like to know why it wasn't stopped a lot sooner.
    I find it mind-boggling that the set made it through all the layers of design, review, licensing, etc without  anyone realizing the possible controversy.  I wish they could have just added a “Search and rescue” sticker sheet to salvage things...
    Fizyx560Heliportandhe
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 506
    I wish they could have just added a “Search and rescue” sticker sheet to salvage things...

Apparently they already had it labeled "Rescue" in six places....

The real problem was that no civilian organization actually has such a plane, and the use of the Bell/Boeing logos made it impossible to argue that it wasn't what it is--a vehicle only used by the military. Having been called on that point, I feel that TLG did the right thing in withdrawing the set.

The question of whether TLG's policy on military equipment is appropriate or consistent is quite a separate issue, IMO.

560HeliportAstrobricksFizyxstluxmak0137
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,202
    edited July 2020
    Fauch said:
    Also don't understand the logic of voting for a set not because you like it, but solely to even things out.
    I don't know if this was a response to my comment but just to clarify, I chose the MMV because I like it. My wording was poor, I meant something more like 'I expected Slave 1 would get a lot of votes because it's Star Wars, regardless of the set'.

Ultimately everyone will have lots of personal reasons for voting, these were just some of mine. Sometime you vote for a person, sometimes a party, sometimes against the opposition.
    LostInTranslation560Heliport
    Well, 40 years ago everything LEGO was blocky with boring yellow faces. Classic Space was (and is!) awesome! I'm 51; I remember when the first unposeable minifigures had yellow heads, no faces! And I remember when we didn't have them yet- or the big figures that no legs- you built them of blocks.
    Yes, which is why I prefer modern designs to those from 70s/80s. And I prefer MOCs more than official sets.
    560Heliport
  • matrox2001matrox2001 Member Posts: 11
    sklamb said:
    I wish they could have just added a “Search and rescue” sticker sheet to salvage things...

Apparently they already had it labeled "Rescue" in six places....

The real problem was that no civilian organization actually has such a plane, and the use of the Bell/Boeing logos made it impossible to argue that it wasn't what it is--a vehicle only used by the military. Having been called on that point, I feel that TLG did the right thing in withdrawing the set.

The question of whether TLG's policy on military equipment is appropriate or consistent is quite a separate issue, IMO.

No one, including Lego had a problem with 42066, which was obviously a fighter jet (with no other purpose) painted blue! 

They seem to have no problem with StarWars sets bursting with weapons, either. 

Lego say fantasy military is ok, well if there is no civilian variant of the v-22 is this set not a fantasy set too?

Who are these people who objected? They don’t speak for me, but they seem to be able to influence a large multinational into removing a product no one else seemed to find offensive until it was made an issue.

If this was Marvel or StarWars or based on the latest multi billion dollar movie, would it have been cancelled, I think not ($$$$$$$)!

Very disappointed in TLG, only take the high morel ground when pushed or when it suits them.

Rant over, discuss.....
    gmonkey76Cyberdragon560Heliport
    andhe said:
    Fauch said:
    Also don't understand the logic of voting for a set not because you like it, but solely to even things out.
    I don't know if this was a response to my comment but just to clarify, I chose the MMV because I like it. My wording was poor, I meant something more like 'I expected Slave 1 would get a lot of votes because it's Star Wars, regardless of the set'.

Ultimately everyone will have lots of personal reasons for voting, these were just some of mine. Sometime you vote for a person, sometimes a party, sometimes against the opposition.
    yeah and also some comments under the articles. 
    560Heliport
    No one, including Lego had a problem with 42066, which was obviously a fighter jet (with no other purpose) painted blue! 

They seem to have no problem with StarWars sets bursting with weapons, either. 

Lego say fantasy military is ok, well if there is no civilian variant of the v-22 is this set not a fantasy set too?

Who are these people who objected? They don’t speak for me, but they seem to be able to influence a large multinational into removing a product no one else seemed to find offensive until it was made an issue.

If this was Marvel or StarWars or based on the latest multi billion dollar movie, would it have been cancelled, I think not ($$$$$$$)!

Very disappointed in TLG, only take the high morel ground when pushed or when it suits them.

Rant over, discuss.....
    I'm going to disagree with you ona couple of points.
    Here in Canada we have the Snowbirds. While technically a branch of our airforce, they exist for the sole purpose of entertaining us with acrobatics shows. There's nothing even remotely 'military' about it, and I doubt few Canadians even make the connection. They've just always been a fun, lighthearted presence in our society. A supersonic jet doesn't always connect to military operations in one's mind. We're not a very militaristic culture though, so that might have something to do with the disconnect. Perpective is everything.
    Second, your argument that "Marvel's doing it" or "Star Wars is doing it" is completely invalid. Culturally we tend to disassociate fantasy from reality with ease. The visceral reaction to actual military footage is markedly different than the reaction to fantasy scenarios. We will take our kids to see Star Wars and Avengers, but not to something like Saving Private Ryan, without any conscious awareness of parallels. As a kid, my parents were perfectly fine with Star Wars, cowboys, Tranformers, and superheros, but drew the line at G.I. Joe, oddly enough. That's entirely anecdotal of course, but it perfectly illustrates the complete disassociation between fantasy violence and the real world.
    Finally, if people are at this point at all shocked at LEGO's unwavering stance on modern military trappings... perhaps you need to pay more attention? This isn't new. It has never changed. The only thing remotely 'shocking' about this scenario is, as @560Heliport mentioned,is that it made it this far along the product development track without anyone nixing the project earlier.
    I'm a bit mystified by the heated response to LEGO canceling a helicopter, of all things. A large swath of the discourse in here is about fatigue with LEGO's need to churn out a relentless stream of helicopter variations. One less on the market is now a travesty that everyone needs to rant about? Really?
    560HeliportBOBJACK_JACKBOBAstrobricksFizyxstluxlkliment2mak0137thedingman5Ayliffe
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 160
    I wasn’t the target market (zero technic OR military knowledge) but since they’ve gone this far in developing the thing, they should just release it and admit their error/work internally on their stance. 

Perhaps I’ll calculate the carbon footprint of the wasted sets and the wasted carbon transportation out to warehouses worldwide. Then I’ll fly a Boeing plane out to Germany and counterprotest and then someone can protest my use of a Boeing plane and we’ll all look stupid. I dunno. 

If I see it for sale magically I’ll buy it to save from a landfill. 
    panchox1gmonkey76560Heliport
    edited July 2020
    @klinton The Snowbird display team used ct-114 (the CL41 combat model is used by the RMAF)and later the ct115 Hawk, also a combat model in certain countries. Both are military jet trainers flown by airforce fighter pilots showing off what essentially are combat manoeuvres at air shows.I think that is a bit military.

42066 is obviously based on currently in service supersonic fighter jet, which the above are not. No one races these aircraft, in fact it would be pretty much impossible to even own a flyable one from the last 50 years in most countries!

The argument you make about StarWars and Marvel being disassociated from reality is perfectly valid. However that doesn’t excuse Lego from making toys that are based on a subject that is essentially violent and military in nature.

will you be taking your young children to see the latest Fast and Furious movie (Dom’s Dodge charger?)?

As you say, it I see shocking that Lego got to the point of developing a product, for possibly several years to suddenly decide it is not suitable for their moral stance just because someone in Germany needed something make a noise about during a pandemic (I mean really???)

I think the heated response is due to the fact that a lot of people were looking forward to this set, as it was something other then the usual helicopters we get! Also the fact Lego buckled under pressure from some ‘PC’ group when there clearly wasn’t an issue then came up with a load of corporate waffle so as not to loose face!

560Heliport
    MaffyD said:
    I imagine it's a vocal minority that are clamouring for the Osprey. The vast majority of the buying public are either unaware of the set or will shrug their shoulders and buy something else.
    We are in a bubble, here on Brickset. It's a nice bubble though - glad I'm in here :)
    So true! Gone all warm and fuzzy!

In fact has saved me £100! Still miffed though.

Jang has a good video up on his channel, if people haven’t seen it yet.
    560Heliport
    MaffyD said:
    I imagine it's a vocal minority that are clamouring for the Osprey. 
    Vocal minorities are powerful though. One got it cancelled in the first place. One that probably wasn't interested in buying it.
    560Heliport
    CCC said:
    MaffyD said:
    I imagine it's a vocal minority that are clamouring for the Osprey. 
    Vocal minorities are powerful though. One got it cancelled in the first place. One that probably wasn't interested in buying it.
    I genuinely doubt that most of the people complaining about the cancelation had any intention of buying it either. I'vd seen nothing about it prior to all of this 'outrage'. It's a giant circle jerk of people so bored with their lives that they need to be offended about something.
    560Heliportgmonkey76
    Yes. I wouldn't have bought it. But I also think Lego look absolutely stupid right now. For them to agree to make, then design, then produce, then get ready to sell a product that goes against their policies shows a major problem that either staff at every stage cannot or will not highlight breaking those policies or are not listened to if they do report concerns. 

It is also quite strange how the protesters heard about it before the normal leaks channels. 
    gmonkey76Cyberdragon560Heliport
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 993
    CCC said:
    Yes. I wouldn't have bought it. But I also think Lego look absolutely stupid right now. For them to agree to make, then design, then produce, then get ready to sell a product that goes against their policies shows a major problem that either staff at every stage cannot or will not highlight breaking those policies or are not listened to if they do report concerns. 

It is also quite strange how the protesters heard about it before the normal leaks channels. 

Heard about what? The set itself?  I haven't been keeping up with the leaks channel, but the knowledge about the set has been out for awhile, including official LEGO information/images.

And I totally agree about LEGO looking stupid here.  It's not a good look, and the whole debacle is dumb.  But personally I'm firmly convinced that exactly what it was: LEGO being dumb.  They've done it before, and there are a lot of people arguing that the are doing it in other areas now.  When you're that big, and you've been growing as much and continuously as they have been, it's easy for dumb to creep in.  And it's hard to excise the dumb until you have dumb shakeups.
    iwybsgmonkey76Cyberdragon560Heliport
    I must have deleted a sentence by mistake. Apparently they had been contacting LEGO for months about the partnership with Boeing.
    Fizyx560Heliport
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 475
    I've seen the Snowbirds perform and their ground routines don't look much different from the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds, which are carried out with military precision.
    560Heliport
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,537
    edited July 2020
    Unpopular opinion, I'm bored of the unpopular opinion topic being hijacked by discussion about the cancelled set, there are already a couple of threads elsewhere to discuss this, so back to unpopular LEGO opinions.....I really don't like SW UCS sets, especially the Falcon. Far too big to display for me, too bulky to be swooshed. For £650 I can buy a lot of other nice SW sets instead.
    I’ll second that!  I think I’ve counted at least 3 Osprey threads... you’d think LEGO had cancelled their Star Wars license or something based on all the comments...

I’m also less enamored with SW UCS sets than I used to be— I can’t quite bring myself to sell the Falcon, but I think playing with LEGO is much more fun than just displaying it!
    Speedman29Mr_Cross560HeliportFizyxpxchrisgmonkey76GothamConstructionCo
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 993
    Unpopular opinion, I'm bored of the unpopular opinion topic being hijacked by discussion about the cancelled set, there are already a couple of threads elsewhere to discuss this, so back to unpopular LEGO opinions.....I really don't like SW UCS sets, especially the Falcon. Far too big to display for me, too bulky to be swooshed. For £650 I can buy a lot of other nice SW sets instead.
    I’ll second that!  I think I’ve counted at least 3 Osprey threads... you’d think LEGO had cancelled their Star Wars license or something based on all the comments...

I’m also less enamored with SW UCS sets than I used to be— I can’t quite bring myself to sell the Falcon, but I think playing with LEGO is much more fun than just displaying it!

I mean, what I'm hearing here is... maybe Assault on Hoth wasn't really that bad after all? :P
    autolycusKungFuKenny560Heliportgmonkey76GothamConstructionCo