Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,759
    ^ Did you really want it though? ;-)
    No......but £30 was just too difficult to ignore. ;-)
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    ^ Has to be worth a mention on the brag thread ;-)
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    @kevbags - well according to lego this is 1970's hair: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=675-1
    so yes! ;-)
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,759
    @kevbags - ;-)

Thanks for the other stuff btw mate. Great to meet you and sav +1. Will have to make sure you all go to afolcon.........right?
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Please help a struggling lego addict and buy minifigs from me people! ;-)
    So how about those quidditch torsos then?
    @Matthew - I have a prototype to show you. Will email you tomorrow after all the AGM dust has settled.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Hopefully finishing up my Shuttle Expedition tonight. The shuttle is done, so I just need to build the booster assembly and launch pad.

I really wish I had built the rockets first. The boosters are a pretty boring and repetitive way to end the build. The shuttle itself was tons of fun though.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,316
    Just finished my Bricklinked Cafe Corner.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,850
    @savage_steel well i sent the money for those footballers so that will help :-)
    Enjoying the build of my Police Station even more because it was only £18.
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    Yesterday built the 358 Rocket Base and today something totally different, the 5770 Light House. Both great sets by the way !
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    ^ I built my Light House last night, yep it is a nice set.

Tonight I will be picking out pieces of Lego from a box of Meccano that I got from the car boot this morning, then I'll be looking at finding pieces to make a CC.
    @Savage_Steel my BL order arrived, but no stickers! Does this equal a negative feedback???

:o)
    edited April 2012
    Ha ha, you know I nearly put one on, then remembered you complained about having them last time - I just can't please you can I? ;-) Glad it came quickly, was reluctant to part with them, so might end up buying em back off you when your current project is done!
  • weinnerweinner Banned Posts: 148
    Just finished up Falling waters, and now starting the fun house. Not really sure why im building the fun house because I only got it for the minifigs. G/F is working out of town so I guess I'm bored. I also just ordered series 4 CMF,yay.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    waiting for bricklink parcels .. why do they take so long? its been HOURS! feeling impatient.
    Cause your an addict,lol. I know for the last two or three weeks I've been really bad.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,262
    ^^ I hate it when I make like 5 or 6 orders to complete multiple sets and all but one come in the same day and the last one has parts for every set I'm trying to complete. It always takes days longer than the rest. That waiting always sucks.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    I hate waiting too, that's why I make a dozen orders a week even if some are smallish. It's bound to be Christmas on almost all days... except Sunday =(
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Planning to make my City table this weekend. Can't wait. :)
    Desperately trying to keep away from amazon.es :)
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,522
    2 days without buying lego and counting.....I Must resist the bargainssss.
    I couldn't,lol. Picked up all three series 1 SW planet sets. Their neato.
  • dodgedodge Member Posts: 14
    Have a lot of de-building to do.
  • Brewer51Brewer51 Member Posts: 248
    Desperately trying to keep away from amazon.es :)
    This I can relate to! I already bought the Tower Bridge and Shuttle Expedition. Trying to stop myself buying Pet Shop and VW Minivan.
    ^ If you dont already have them, I wouldnt try stopping yourself, theyre 2 of the best sets of the year :)
  • Brewer51Brewer51 Member Posts: 248
    I don't have them, but there's little room for them in my poor students budget. I'm sure I will cave soon though!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,551
    edited April 2012
    Where's that thread entitled "Si trying to bankrupt us all again" (or similar). Seems like it needs resurrecting! :D
    Is wondering why LEGO are so reluctant to give male figs blonde hair. They're only in CMFs (as far as I can tell) therefore not available to buy direct :-(
  • sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 467
    Wondering if Caroline is sufering a blonde moment!!!

Luke Skywalker (always has blonde hair) 2 designs cropped and long, certainly from DS minifigs not looked at any other SW sets with Luke in.
    Wondering why the female blonde hair is referred to in the bricklink catalogue as having 'sidebangs'. What's a sidebang? Do they mean sideburn?
    yeah exactly, thats the thing I wanted to buy, but Ive never heard of a 'sidebang'. Is that an american word I wonder, as Ive never heard of it!
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    My Lego world crumbled a bit today. My son whom we've shared 4 years now of Lego adventures told me he doesn't want to go to the Lego store anymore...ACKKK!

Basically he's really into his guitar lessons and drawing more and more (which warms my heart to hear since he sold some of his new art at a local convention we attended).
    So I'm stoked about the artist in him but man, I'm still a little shaken on not going with him to the Lego store as much as we used too.

He did reassure me that he still loves his Castle mocs and is still building and expanding with all our Castle and Kingdome kits, but just doesn't need to go to the Lego store much.
    From what I'm getting from him is, too many little kids at the store (he's 9 and wants to feel like it's not cool with all those kindergarteners hangin' around) plus with so much Lego at home, it's pretty much a store here.
    I'll keep carrying the Lego flag for the family into my old age...;)
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    ^Doesn't want to ruin his reputation at school and his friends, eh?
    edited April 2012
    ^^ Good for him! For kids, it should be about playing/ building, not buying/ getting IMO :)
  • martynmartyn Reading, UKMember Posts: 148
    Very happy as my Nottingham Forest minifigs from @Savage_Steel arrived today in time for my son's Birthday, and they are awesome. Thanks again Sav
    ^ Hey, cool! Sav did Forest figs for me too - we should meet up and make them into a team!
    edited April 2012
    @martyn - glad they arrived, though RM let us down, should have been with you yesterday! ;-) I hope he enjoys them. Now you have home and away, one of you needs to order a keeper ;-)

@si - americans call a fringe "bangs" eugh! seems so wrong! Also that style is available from lego direct in light yellow for about 50p ish.

@legodad, I can understand, that would break my heart! but as long as he keeps building :)

My status: minifigorama today!! Newcastle United, birthday figs, roller derby figs, my chemical romance (!?) and I might finally figure out @matthew's HP ones. First attempts were a mess!
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,959
    yeah exactly, thats the thing I wanted to buy, but Ive never heard of a 'sidebang'. Is that an american word I wonder, as Ive never heard of it!
    As Sav said, the US term from a fringe is 'bangs' so I guess 'side bangs' is the split fringe as popularised by a plethora of japanimation characters and lego figs so it seems!

• martynmartyn Reading, UKMember Posts: 148
    @Lost - I'm only in Reading so you never know

@Sav - Not sure about a keeper but they seem to come out with new kits every year so I may be able to keep you in business for some time ;-)
    edited April 2012
    ^^^ got them at 45p if you want any. have 10 or so spare, once the order arrives.

^^ Weird! So what does THIS mean then? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She_Bangs
    ^^ If Forest get relegated, will the price of this season's minifigs go down? (Isn't that usually the case with kits?)
    You're right, Reading is not a million miles away from me (just a lengthy, bumpy bus ride through the sticks :D )
  • JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    @Si_Dorking_Surrey_UK I don't think it has anything to do with hair! ;-)
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Bricklinked a lego mini-shop yesterday. Bricklinking a lego modular shop today... Oops.
  • legirllegirl Member Posts: 105
    @Si_Dorking_Surrey_UK isn't it obvious? It's about women's fringes, not men's fringes or unisex fringes ;)
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,522
    Gave in to temptation and bought some more CMF 7.
    Happily I found my Easter "Bunny Suit Man".
    despite having a full set on the way, I caved and bought 2 series 7s today. Got two of my faves, hippy and tarzan, well pleased!
    I want an army of hippies to save the world,lol.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,316
    The hippie would look cool in the VW van!