Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• veyniacveyniac U.S.Member Posts: 132
    If you want to see more, I can upload pics, but the builds gradually deteriorate in quality as you go back.
    That church is amazing! It's very similar in size and shape to one I have working in Studio right now. I quite enjoy the pews and organ piano. And a nice use of the sausages again I see! Spectacular work!

Thanks! I am glad you like it! Here are a few more angles. Try to ignore the old light grey parts.
    datsunrobbie
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,524
    I quite like the old grey here, makes for a more weathered feel.
    560HeliportSwitchfoot55gmonkey76
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,026
    ^Agreed. In order to avoid buying a ton of bricks, my church will undoubtedly have a mixture of the grays as well. 
    560HeliportModeltrainmangmonkey76
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,798
    edited May 12
    Wow, some great builds here over the past few days or so!

Loving the jets @bandit778 When my youngest asked me if I ever made anything other than the 'official build' I told that I did when I was younger, his age, and then it made me sad that I'd kinda lost that and not built anything original for... decades. So I did something similar to what you've accomplished with the motorbike+police car set from TLM #70808 to see if I could still make up stuff as I went along. My result was very poor when compared to your jets, but it made my son smile and he played with it until it fell apart so mission accomplished I suppose! I hope to go back to that when I have more time - this lockdown is actually leaving me with less free time!

@veyniac - your latest Winter Village set looks amazing, and would definitely find an audience. I like the church too - I think it's sad that such an important part of a lot of people's Christmases is not included officially, even if I understand the reasoning.

Thank you both for sharing.
    bandit778veyniacstluxbrickventures
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    Prince Harry & Meghan Markle | https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNj8V7t

Prince Harry  Meghan Markle

Prince Harry  Meghan Markle
    560Heliportkarmajaycolay
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,421
    edited May 21
    veyniac said:

2018: Winter Church. This is the only one I have instructions for, but they are generated from LDD and of poor quality. It was my largest build ever.

Looks great!  Hope you re-strung the guitar for your left-handed guitar player...also, you have some generous donations there in the offering plates... :-)
    veyniacModeltrainman
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,973
    Loon and chick I made for my parents a couple of years ago. The common loon is the state bird of Minnesota.
    bandit778ModeltrainmanTheOriginalSimonBveyniacvanvonfullKungFuKennyMr_CrossAstrobricks
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 372
    edited May 25
    Nice work on the church building. My observations - very generous congregation and the couple with the baby have swapped pews (and positions) between shots! 
    veyniac
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 594
    @TheOriginalSimonB
    Wow! Super cool track!
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 594
    First digital pass on a WV Church.I need to do the steeple, next. (Going for an 1800s/Christmas card/New England style.)
    560Heliportveyniacpanchox1
    I am trying to design a new profile pic for all of my miscellaneous lego-related sites, as my current pic is starting to look rather dated :/ Here is one possibility. What do you guys think? I definitely want the central lightning symbol and 1x1 brick, but I am not as sure on how to dynamically frame them.
    ModeltrainmanMr_Cross
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,092
    That would make a nice polybag set.
    AdeelZubair560HeliportCymbelineReesesPiecesGothamConstructionCoMr_Cross
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,489
    so that's the competition winner?
    ModeltrainmanAdeelZubair
    Thanks @CCC and @Fauch! Unfortunately the model was designed on 2nd June in response to the new LEGO House exclusive, despite that it uses more than 50 elements which doesn't meet the judging criteria for the contest.
    Modeltrainmanericb
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,092
    Yeah, I wasn't referring to any contest, just that it would make a nice polybag set! I doubt it could be made much smaller and still recognizable.
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 280
    Teen Fox wolf! A van surfing pic might very well be on the way

560Heliport
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 280
    The Scooby-Doof build was the only van at hand for some surfing

560HeliportBumblepantsericbstluxdatsunrobbie
    I had fun designing this last week. Get the instructions for free on Rebrickable here!
    560Heliport
    edited June 26
    "Ocean Sunset!"
    I entered this in a Lego Ideas "design a GWP" competition. It didn't even make the top 15, which I was rather surprised at, but oh well. It is made entirely of existing parts, and you can get the building instructions for free on Rebrickable here. Let me know what you think!
    560HeliportmsandersReesesPiecesYo_dASalamalexAstrobricks
    edited June 30
    I just think it looks great! Well done!
    veyniac
  • terryolearyterryoleary LondonMember Posts: 21
    Walking through my Townhall inspired Court House

• tr100tr100 California Member Posts: 21
    We just launched a detailed new LEGO Modern Kitchen tutorial, hopefully it gives you guys some ideas for your own city!!
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 492
    Here are the two train cars I built for the Holiday Train #10254 . I had to change the windows on the caboose to match since the 1x4x3 windows dont come in Sand Yellow (that I could see anyway). I used yellow bogie plates because I couldnt find the red, and black was out of stock. Turns out though the red from the Disney Train are a different design ID so I may replace them if my OCD gets the best of me knowing the yellow is there even though you cant see it.

One annoying thing was I had already bought the old style bearing elements that used the metal rod for the wheels when the new version came out. Since I was still looking at having to get the metal rod and the wheels I just got the new style with the new wheels. So now I have eight of the old style bearing elements just sitting around. Maybe some day I will find a use for them.

The nice thing here is that with these two added to the train the weight is enough that it wont come off the track when using just an M-motor and battery box.

tr100CymbelineModeltrainmanSwitchfoot55KungFuKenny
    @mustang69, So pretty! Have I ever mentioned that I like trains a bit?
    mustang69560Heliportpanchox1MaffyD
  • AfoltvAfoltv California Member Posts: 19
    Made a tutorial on how to use Bricklink's Studio software! You can use it to build custom MOCs, and order specific pieces! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq69zPkmRX0

A model of a Ruined Portal from Minecraft. Get the building instructions for free at Rebrickable!
    JudgeChuck
    A model of the Warped Forest Biome from Minecraft. Get the instructions for free here!
    Bumblepants560HeliportJudgeChuck
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,271
    @veyniac You may well have pre-empted Lego there with those new biomes / constructs! Very nice. :-)
    veyniac
    edited September 4
    I took a bit of a break from Minecraft builds to try my hand at Lego Art. You can get the building instructions for free at https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-51178/veyniac/classic-space-lego-art-tiled/#bi

560HeliportJudgeChuckSwitchfoot55KungFuKennypxchris
    ^ That's a mosaic I would buy! 
    veyniacKungFuKenny
    Yet another Minecraft build, the Soul Sand Valley! The valley itself is not much to look at, but I am personally proud of how I did the Ghast. As usual, you can get the building instructions for free at https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-51016/veyniac/the-soul-sand-valley/#bi

560HeliportBumblepantsJudgeChuck
    @veyniac The Ghast is nice, but that would be the third Ghast implementation that we have had for Lego Minecraft, after the ones in #21122 The Nether Fortress and #21143 The Nether Portal!
    I do like the "tears" though. Nicely done. :-)
    Other than that, the valley *is* a little basic, as you've alluded to! ;-)
    Are you saving your other, bigger Minecraft MOC for another day? I do like that one a lot! :-)
    veyniac
    @veyniac The Ghast is nice, but that would be the third Ghast implementation that we have had for Lego Minecraft, after the ones in #21122 The Nether Fortress and #21143 The Nether Portal!
    I do like the "tears" though. Nicely done. :-)
    Other than that, the valley *is* a little basic, as you've alluded to! ;-)
    Are you saving your other, bigger Minecraft MOC for another day? I do like that one a lot! :-)

You mean the End City? It is back on page 69, but I only posted one photo, so here you go!

JudgeChuckBumblepants
    Ah! Must have missed / forgotten I had seen it. I have definitely seen it on Rebrickable.

And I *really* like the Shulker! Fantastic! :-)))

This one would be great to build, however, I haven't looked into the prices of those Medium Lavender parts yet. I expect some of those may be a bit pricey!
    veyniac
    Ah! Must have missed / forgotten I had seen it. I have definitely seen it on Rebrickable.

This one would be great to build, however, I haven't looked into the prices of those Medium Lavender parts yet. I expect some of those may be a bit pricey!

I actually have looked into buying the parts myself a few times, and here is what I can tell you: most of the medium lavender parts are actually not all that expensive. The 8x8 plates are the most expensive at about $1 a piece, while most of the rest of the parts hover around the 15-20 cent range. However, most stores do not seem to have a large variety of medium lavender parts (at least in the US), so you may have to place a dozen or more orders to get all the parts, depending on what you have already.
    veyniac said:

I actually have looked into buying the parts myself a few times, and here is what I can tell you: most of the medium lavender parts are actually not all that expensive. The 8x8 plates are the most expensive at about $1 a piece, while most of the rest of the parts hover around the 15-20 cent range. However, most stores do not seem to have a large variety of medium lavender parts (at least in the US), so you may have to place a dozen or more orders to get all the parts, depending on what you have already.
    Yes, that's sort-of what I'm seeing from a very quick BL query. Unfortunately, the guy in the UK with the most lavender parts is also by a long way the most expensive. 24p for each Tile 1 x 1 with Groove (3070) in both Dark Purple and Medium Lavender! Extortion! Not someone here on Brickset, I hope! ;-)
    veyniac
    Yes, that's sort-of what I'm seeing from a very quick BL query. Unfortunately, the guy in the UK with the most lavender parts is also by a long way the most expensive. 24p for each Tile 1 x 1 with Groove (3070) in both Dark Purple and Medium Lavender! Extortion! Not someone here on Brickset, I hope! ;-)

We have one or two sellers like that here in the U.S. as well. On one hand, they have the largest inventory, but their prices are absolutely ridiculous. There is even one person who charges in dollar increments. $1 for most parts, $2 for some. I thought it was an error of some sort, but every time I check their store the prices are still the same. Imagine paying the price of a coffee for three or four 1x1 round plates!
    I'm amazed they sell anything at all!
    veyniacBumblepants
    After a lot of drafts over the years, I've finally designed a complete Modular Building! My idea for this was to have an end piece. It's about 3000 pieces on a 32x48 baseplate. The sidewalk wraps around the entire perimeter, so it can be connected to other modulars in either direction. It has an enourmous bay window that wraps around the corner and lets a lot of light in. Outside there is a bus stop, cherry blossoms, and lots of awnings and signs. On the first floor, there is a fully outfitted fast-casual restaurant, which sells hamburgers, with a dining area and kitchen. The second floor is a loft office that takes clients for studio projects.
    P.S. It will be up on Lego Ideas very soon! Just finishing up the renders and graphics.

Wow! This looks amazing!I especially like the way you did the stonework on the pillars! I think I see some missing flower stems on the trees, though :)
    ^^ Very nice! My only comment would be: If those are meant to be cherry blossom trees, they need a *lot* more flowers! You almost need to replace all the green with shades of light pink, e.g. https://www.countryliving.com/gardening/g3168/cherry-blossoms-facts/
  • LegoPegasister2015LegoPegasister2015 New YorkMember Posts: 139
    edited September 11
    Thank you guys! The project was approved so it's live now, please share! There's plenty of full interior pictures and all the other angles.

My latest MOC- a replica of a fossilized trilobite! It may not look like much at first, but if you look closely the back segments are stepped by half a plate each, which took a lot of SNOT techniques. Almost all of the rest of the build is built sideways as well. I would say that it is one of the most complex builds that I have done this year. You can get the building instructions for free at https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-51743/veyniac/trilobite-fossil/#bi

560HeliportJudgeChuckLegoPegasister2015GothamConstructionCoMr_Cross