Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Newspaper seeks UK based collector of vintage LEGO

HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,017
"'m writing a piece for Financial Times How To Spend It magazine about how to collect vintage Lego. So I want to talk to experts about the market for vintage Lego, what is really collectable, who is collecting it, who is selling it? I'd also like to have some personal stories from collectors about their passion for vintage Lego, how they started collecting, what their prized kits are, where are the best auction sites, who are the best dealers to go to to find rare sets?
Tim Auld
Executive Editor FT How To Spend It"

If you're interested LMK and I'll, pass on your details.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,362
    Buy new and wait 50 years!

• JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,552
    edited June 2020
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,228
    How vintage?
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,741
    No, no money in lego, might as well donate any old sets to charity shops or sell them off cheap on eBay. Especially old castle stuff (or that the message we need to pass on at least...) 
    560HeliportMr_CrossToc13
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,362
    How vintage?
    I was wondering the same. Do they mean 50s and 60s or is this another investment article on UCS MF, CC, IF, EN, etc.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,017
    I don't know how old but by vintage I imagined they meant <=1970s.
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 633
    A friend of mine is a dealer and world authority in lego, palitoy star wars, action man, airfix etc. But he doesn’t keep any lego and sells all Lego on (currently has some sealed classic space sets), he only keeps/collects the palitoy carded figs for which he has traded literally thousands of items to more than 100 countries and himself has a near-perfect complete collection. He has traded lots of vintage lego sets and knows his onions... but I truly believe the last thing he'd want is to be sharing any of his sources/tips etc. These most certainly aren't the tips you're looking for...