Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Built model sizes

BluesdenBluesden UKMember Posts: 3
edited June 2020 in Collecting
The recent 'Storage Solutions' series has spurred me into action to sort out my own displays.  Trouble is I have a lot of Technical sets (and a few Ideas and Expert Creator) from the 70s onward broken down in storage boxes and no idea how big they are when built.
I'm trying to work out which ones I can display so that I can then build them for the display cabinets.  I'm pretty sure some are just too big and I certainly can't fit them all in.
Any ideas of a database that contains built dimensions?  I can only find box size...

Cheers!

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,364
    I'm not sure if it is possible to define the built size for a number of sets, especially where there are multiple builds that combine together to make a scene as these days the set space is normally not defined by a baseplate (aside from modulars or similar sets). For single vehicles rough dimensions are often stated in reviews or in the lego description.

Bluesden
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,631
    You could try looking at the picture of the built set and count studs. This should give you a relative idea of their size. 
    560HeliportmadforLEGOBluesden
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,364
    Or build them and measure them!
    BluesdenAstrobricksSwitchfoot55
  • BluesdenBluesden UKMember Posts: 3
    @CCC & @oldtodd33 - Great ideas.  I think a combo of building the one's I really like and stud counting any secondary sets should do it.
    Thanks!
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,233
    For current sets, look at Lego’s catalogs and press releases. They often state the size, especially for larger models.
    Bluesden560Heliport