Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brickset.com site issues

Comments

• minifigmanminifigman Amsterdam, NetherlandsMember Posts: 20
    I have an issue with the wish list I noticed today. A lot of the stuff I had on there is suddenly missing and the number of items between the header and the list don't match anymore.

This might be related to syncing it with BrickOwl, which doesn't work right now.
    Hi @Huw could you take a look at my problem as well? I seem to have a big discrepancy in wishlist size between the header and the page...
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,713
    edited June 11
    It seems you want 12 Dots sets that have been deleted from the database because they had provisional numbers.

There used to be a part of the overnight batch job that dealt with that and deleted related data but it's commented out, I think because it takes a long time, but I'll reinstate it for tonight which should short out your problem.

It's rare that we delete sets so it probably doesn't affect many people.
  • minifigmanminifigman Amsterdam, NetherlandsMember Posts: 20
    Okay, thanks for sorting that out.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,315
    edited June 12
    Huw said:
    It seems you want 12 Dots sets that have been deleted from the database because they had provisional numbers.

There used to be a part of the overnight batch job that dealt with that and deleted related data but it's commented out, I think because it takes a long time, but I'll reinstate it for tonight which should short out your problem.

It's rare that we delete sets so it probably doesn't affect many people.
    When you re-comment it out, you can comment why you commented it out :)
    [Sorry. Code review flashback]
    sid3windrRikTheVeggie
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 652
    Hoping this is the place to ask but I’ve been having problems signing in to Brickset.

When I joined Brickset I was given a password which maybe a few months ago i had to change (I can’t remember why ? ). A couple of days ago I couldn’t sign in because my password was incorrect, eventually I tried my old password and it worked.

It seems my password to sign into Brickset is my old one and to sign into the forum I need my new one. Am I just having brain freeze and It’s possible I’ve only changed one password and never noticed ? 
    edited June 20
    They are separate passwords, so possibly.
    sonatine01
    A while back many users had to change their forum passwords. I don't believe the same issue happened with BS itself.
    sonatine01
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 652
    ^^ and ^ thanks guys it’s actually been hurting my brain trying to remember what I’ve done.

When I click login on Brickset it takes me to the login page and the details are already filled in so I normally just click login again but now I have to delete the password and re-enter it so somethings happened somewhere I just don’t know where.

It’s such a minor thing but my head has issues with it I’ll just have to learn to let it go 🙃
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 602
    Well that's strange, tapping a link from Twitter and there's no article, only the comments! And the article isn't on the homepage either, so I'm guessing it was pulled for some reason.

There was an error to correct so I unpublished it for a minute while I did so.
    benbacardi
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 702
    The site is running really slow and I can’t login anymore. Is anyone else having problems with this?

• FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 611
    Seems the main site is down.. or half down.. going to be a busy day for @huw
    Bumblepants
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,516
    Fireheart said:
    Seems the main site is down.. or half down.. going to be a busy day for @huw
    Glad it isn't just me. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.
    Seems to be working fine for me right now, but it is showing the Database maintenance underway message at the top.
    The overnight database job stalled due to a deadlock. It's OK now.
    NickF22stlux560HeliportAstrobricks
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 523
    Huw said:
    The overnight database job stalled due to a deadlock. It's OK now.
    Did a sausage end up the wrong way between some database rows? :P
    560Heliport
    No -- Huwbot eat too many sausages and was sick in the database :)
    bandit778560Heliportsid3windrgmonkey76davetheoxygenman
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,807
    I don't envy you cleaning that mess up!
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 355
    Is there a particular reason why the filter button in the My Sets category for Rating lists a 0 Option with numbers beside it but when you go to apply the filter you wind up not seeing anything and it says 0 sets found?

Apparently I have 385 sets that I have yet to post a rating for, hence the 0 rating I would imagine, but for some odd reason the filter option doesn't actually show them when you apply that filter.

Is it an error in the database? It would be very helpful for me to get to posting more of my backlog of stored reviews to the site if I could just filter the ones that haven't been reviewed set as my collection is rather extensive, but the fact that nothing shows when I apply the filter despite a number being listed beside the 0 option in the filter list makes that particular convenience a considerable issue.

Just wondering if there's some odd shenanigans going on there.
    Sounds like it. I'll take a look.
    The 0 (xxx) entry in the drop-down shouldn't be there because it's not possible to list sets you have not rated by that means. So, I've removed it.

However you can list them using a query: https://brickset.com/sets/query-5466
    Odeinoichus
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 314
    Not sure if there's a specific topic for forum issues here, but is it me or have forum profile pics been going a bit funny over the last few days? Sometimes they'll load up all fine, but other times they'll all be replaced with a grey placeholder pic instead...
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 602
    @Huw I noticed on the cookie pop up today:

"Attention site owner: upgrade available for free."
    Thanks, I'll upgrade it.
    benbacardi
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 815
    edited August 7
    I always wondered how people did nicely formatted replies to comments on the main site.

It seems the "reply" feature is intermittent in quoting the reply:

Sorry if this is a known issue, I'm too lazy to search :-O

Anyway, it seems to be a Linux issue, it works fine on my Windows 10 machine in both Chrome and Firefox, so I guess it's not worth debugging.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,577
    I noticed a while ago that the "Brickset.com articles" are excluded from the "Recent Discussions" quicklink. I assumed this was to avoid cluttering the Recent Discussions with articles that were just copied over but not commented on in the forum. Would it be possible to include Brickset.com articles with at least one post in the "Recent Discussions" list? I usually read them on the front page, but have missed several posts to that section because they don't come up in Recent Discussions.
    panchox1
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 291
    edited August 24
    After entering a lot of my loose parts with notes to keep track of where they came from, I've noticed any inventory for a set including a part I've put a note against is repeated about 400 times.
    I love the feature and kind of went mad, adding notes for nearly 400 parts (apparently where the 400 is coming from) so the pages can now take an age to load for me, depending on the set.
    I don't know if anyone else is having the same issue or even I've I've explained it well enough. Maybe this screenshot might explain it better. It does the same on this page: https://brickset.com/inventories/41911-1 but it doesn't do it on this one https://brickset.com/parts/in-41911-1.

Astrobricks
    I wondered who's be first to spot that bug! :)

An error in the stored procedure. It is now hopefully sorted.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    vizzitorAstrobricks
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 291
    Just tried it there now. Everything looks perfect. Thanks so much @Huw.
    Keeping track of all this will help me not to reorder stuff I already have plenty of....again.
  • bamaker1bamaker1 Richardson, TXMember Posts: 22
    When I view my set collection, it will only sort by "Year released (desc)" no matter which <Sort by> option I choose.

I also just noticed that when viewing a specific set, the minifigs for the set no longer have a click tab for viewing -- used to I could look at a set, for example, 75720 Obi-Wan's Hut and there would be a tab for the minifigs, in addition to "More Images" or "Parts."   I could click on the minifig tab, and be taken to a new screen that showed a  gallery of the figures, each figure's Bricklink number, and how my unique sets that figure appears in.  Not sure if it's gone, or just a bug, but I liked the minifigs button and used it quite a bit to organize my collection.
    bamaker1 said:
    When I view my set collection, it will only sort by "Year released (desc)" no matter which <Sort by> option I choose.

I also just noticed that when viewing a specific set, the minifigs for the set no longer have a click tab for viewing -- used to I could look at a set, for example, 75720 Obi-Wan's Hut and there would be a tab for the minifigs, in addition to "More Images" or "Parts."   I could click on the minifig tab, and be taken to a new screen that showed a  gallery of the figures, each figure's Bricklink number, and how my unique sets that figure appears in.  Not sure if it's gone, or just a bug, but I liked the minifigs button and used it quite a bit to organize my collection.
    Both those features are working fine for me. Safari on iPad.
    All working here, too.
  • bamaker1bamaker1 Richardson, TXMember Posts: 22
    I went ahead and cleared my cache, and then used the tried & true technique of "turn it off and turn it back on," which seems to have everything working normally, again.
    AstrobricksdrdavewatfordHuw
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 68
    Reviews sorted by "most recent" have been clogged by the same few reviews at the top since about August 27 or August 28.  Maybe it's a cache issue?
  • Brickbuilder0937Brickbuilder0937 Member Posts: 3
    There used to be a tab to view all the minifigures that any particular set contained, but I don't see how to do that any more. Has this feature been removed or is it a glitch?
    edited September 4
    ^ Sure enough, it seems to be missing again (as in @bamaker1 noticed this back on August 27).
  • ActionGazActionGaz SydneyMember Posts: 2
    I have been working though the list of minifigs I own, trying to locate all the parts of each. Just now, as I clicked to move the the next page, the list was empty and the database header at the top is listing 0 in my collection.
  • ActionGazActionGaz SydneyMember Posts: 2
    On the Your Collection page, there was some red text saying that minifigs are added automatically and this would be done when I logged in again. So, I logged out and in and the minifigs are back. The headers is still showing 0, though.
    There used to be a tab to view all the minifigures that any particular set contained, but I don't see how to do that any more. Has this feature been removed or is it a glitch?
    And this morning they’re back again, at least for me.
    There seems to be an issue with them disappearing for longer than they should overnight. Normally it would be about 2 minutes at 1am-ish while new data is imported but I think they might disappear between 1am and 5am BST. I need to investigate.
    Astrobricks
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,005
    Is this correct?

Exclusive to Japan but has availability dates on lego.com in the US and UK/EU.

Clearly not...
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,518
    Indeed - I bought my copy of 21101 from [email protected] in the UK back in 2012.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,005
    Thanks, I was sure it was only the sub that was Japan only.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,518
    CCC said:
    Thanks, I was sure it was only the sub that was Japan only.
    Correct.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 815
    edited September 21
    I just went to add #5006290 Star Wars Yoda's Lightsaber to my inventory, but it isn't there. It's listed under #6346098 (https://brickset.com/sets/6346098-1/Yoda-s-Lightsaber).
    I guess this is a problem inherited from data pulled from lego.com?

• iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 68
    Reviews sorted by "most recent" are still clogged by the older reviews at the top.  About the first ten reviews shown are about ten days out of date ... only after those do the actual most recent reviews get shown.  It's been that way for close to a month now.
    omnium said:
    I just went to add #5006290 Star Wars Yoda's Lightsaber to my inventory, but it isn't there. It's listed under #6346098 (https://brickset.com/sets/6346098-1/Yoda-s-Lightsaber).
    I guess this is a problem inherited from data pulled from lego.com?

I'm using the number printed on the instructions because 500xxxx numbers are just marketing numbers assigned to items without any other.

omnium
    iwybs said:
    Reviews sorted by "most recent" are still clogged by the older reviews at the top.  About the first ten reviews shown are about ten days out of date ... only after those do the actual most recent reviews get shown.  It's been that way for close to a month now.
    Yes it must have been like that for a while but I've now sorted it!
    Astrobricks