Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Lego Store

Comments

• gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,694
    ^they are there. Was there around 12:30 and they were in a tub, not made into packs or with the other BAM parts.
    madforLEGO
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,175
    Yeah, going up tonight
    gmonkey76
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 754
    @madforLEGO, what a great price for the train. We have nothing like that where I live.(LDC) 
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,107

March 1-15: Free LEGO Trains 40th Anniversary Set (40370) with purchases of $99 or more, while supplies last.

March 9-22: Free LEGO DOTS Mini Frame (30556) with purchases of $35 or more, while supplies last.

March 23 – April 13: Free customizable Easter Egg (40371) with purchases of $50 or more, while supplies last.

March 23 – April 13: Free Easter Bunny (30550) with purchases of $30 or more, while supplies last.

Per the Brick Fan

https://www.thebrickfan.com/

PyrobugBumblepantspanchox1CymbelineFizyxAstrobricksMooreFX
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,298
    Apparently, Buffalo (New York) is getting a LEGO Retail Store.
    MynattBumblepantsmadforLEGOgmonkey76datsunrobbiesklambRonyar
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 919
    Well, looks like stores in the US are starting to reopen. The store closest to me appears to be open already, according to this and the mall's website:

Hi AFOL Community,
    Select LEGO Stores are re-opening soon! We are complying with local regulations and providing guidelines to keep our visitors and team members safe. We have re-opened three store locations to the public and the following locations below have been approved to do curbside pickup as of this Wednesday 5/13. Please note that we currently do not have any of the new items in-stock that were recently released while we were closed and PAB/BAM will not be available at this time. Please check your local store page for current business hours or call the store before you visit. As you can imagine things are changing by the minute and this list could change. We look forward to greeting you back to our stores. Thank you for your patience and support!

Open Locations:
    783 North Point, GA
    743 Stonebriar, TX
    778 Woodlands, TX

Curbside Pick-Up:
    825 FASHION SHOW, NV
    739 CHANDLER, AZ
    769 ARROWHEAD, AZ
    729 ONTARIO MILLS, CA
    716 FASHION VALLEY, CA
    846 HAYWOOD MALL, SC
    755 CONCORD MILLS, NC
    833 SOUTHPARK, NC
    856 ST. JOHN’S TOWN CTR, FL
    857 TOWN CTR at BOCA RATON, FL
    717 SAWGRASS MILLS, FL
    845 LAKESIDE MALL, LA
    703 PARK MEADOWS, CO
    711 COLORADO MILLS, CO
    816 FASHION PLACE, UT
    815 GUILFORD TOWN CTR, C
    766 CHINOOK CENTER, CAN
    779 OAKRIDGE, CAN
    720 BELLEVUE, WA
    787 ALDERWOOD, WA
    836 SOUTH CENTER, WA
    820 WESTFARMS MALL, CT
    745 KENWOOD, OH
    709 BEACHWOOD PLACE, OH
    750 EASTON, OH
    834 POLO PARK, CAN
    701 MALL OF AMERICA, MN
    768 SOMERSET, MI
    705 CHICAGO, IL
    749 ORLAND SQUARE, IL
    900 GURNEE MILLS, IL
    782 MAYFAIR, WI
    714 WOODFIELD MALL, IL
    713 NORTHBROOK COURT, IL
    707 ATLANTA, GA
    851 OXMOOR MALL, KY
    767 CHRISTIANA, DE

• 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,622
    I wonder what "curbside pick-up" means for the Mall of America store? I'm sure they wouldn't walk all the way out to the parking garage. Probably just out of the store, into the mall? I really want PAB! :(
    Tkatt
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,576
    edited May 2020
    I wonder what "curbside pick-up" means for the Mall of America store? I'm sure they wouldn't walk all the way out to the parking garage. Probably just out of the store, into the mall? I really want PAB! :(
    I saw on the news they are setting up pickup spots in the north parking lot. 
    I expect it will be a right mess for the first week or so at least. 
    Tkatt
    edited May 2020
    Of course, the LEGO Store is on the south side of the Mall... Boss to LEGO store employee about returning to work: "Wear your running shoes." "Huh? Why?" "Trust me."
    TkattMynattandhe
    Meh, not going to LEGO store if the PaB and BAM sections are not available as those are the two main draws for me.
    gmonkey76PyrobugTkattKungFuKennyMynatt
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 429
    I need my PAB/BAM fix!  Guess I won't be making the 1-1/2 hour trip to my nearest store outside of Denver yet.  I'm glad I was able to get some stuff from the Disneyland location when I was there right before they shut down in March.  Their PAB wall was pretty pathetic though and they didn't have any of the Blue Bear accessory or Butterfly Wings in the BAM bar.  I'll have to console myself with a parts order from Lego I guess.
    madforLEGOPyrobug
    karrit said:
    I need my PAB/BAM fix!  Guess I won't be making the 1-1/2 hour trip to my nearest store outside of Denver yet.  I'm glad I was able to get some stuff from the Disneyland location when I was there right before they shut down in March.  Their PAB wall was pretty pathetic though and they didn't have any of the Blue Bear accessory or Butterfly Wings in the BAM bar.  I'll have to console myself with a parts order from Lego I guess.

Just an FYI. BnPs has the blue bear available (as it is in the new fairground figure set), but technically a bit pricier than if you could get them from the BaM
    Just an FYI. BnPs has the blue bear available (as it is in the new fairground figure set), but technically a bit pricier than if you could get them from the BaM
    I've already ordered two sets of the fairground figures so I do have some of the blue bears now.  I  need to take some time to put together a BnPs order soon since I can't go to the Lego store yet.  
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 281
    I'm not sure anyone should count on PAB / BAM coming back anytime soon.  Most "self-serve" applications are going to be restricted for some time, I imagine....
    andhe
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 706
    I hope lego comes up with a way to sell the exclusive BaM parts online somehow as a result of this
    gmonkey76ModeltrainmanFizyx
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 754
    @BrickByBrick
    Me, too!
  • OldTownBricksOldTownBricks VirginiaMember Posts: 64
    I'd imagine they'll pre-assemble the seasonal three minifig sets... eventually. 
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 472
    Although it seems unlikely LEGO stores will still have a PAB wall, I think they could keep it if they implement a few new policies.
    Rope off the PAB area. Have people pre-pay for the cup before they can go near the wall, and confirm that everyone who is about to choose bricks has sanitized their hands. This would reduce how many random people are just walking by the wall and sticking their hands in the bins. People who fill cups and buy them generally take all the parts they've touched. Where as people who just like to fondle the bricks while they walk past the wall leave their germs and whatnot behind for us who actually buy the parts. Also when the cups are free to fill many people start to fill them and then abandon a half filled cup, making people pre-pay would put an end to that. 
    I miss the PAB wall. It's the only reason I'll go to the LEGO store. I hope it comes back some day.

panchox1thenos560HeliportJBricks27canon03KungFuKennygmonkey76
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 438
    Tkatt said:
    Although it seems unlikely LEGO stores will still have a PAB wall, I think they could keep it if they implement a few new policies.
    Rope off the PAB area. Have people pre-pay for the cup before they can go near the wall, and confirm that everyone who is about to choose bricks has sanitized their hands. This would reduce how many random people are just walking by the wall and sticking their hands in the bins. People who fill cups and buy them generally take all the parts they've touched. Where as people who just like to fondle the bricks while they walk past the wall leave their germs and whatnot behind for us who actually buy the parts. Also when the cups are free to fill many people start to fill them and then abandon a half filled cup, making people pre-pay would put an end to that. 
    I miss the PAB wall. It's the only reason I'll go to the LEGO store. I hope it comes back some day.

I'd be great with this. My last trip to the MoA was specifically to do a little pick a brick with my son, right before shut down. So much random touching by people upon reflection. I just wonder if that space there is too small for distancing though. 
    And how do I know if there are parts I want unless I can look first? Not meaning to be negative, I really like the idea of not having people fondle all the pieces just for the fun of it! I confess, I'm willing to prepay for a cup that an employee fills randomly for me. 
    While in theory roping off the wall sounds good there is no rope that will keep little Johnny or little Mary from ducking under it and diving into the bins with their grubby, sticky, germy, little hands.  As to having an employee fill a cup for me there are times that I carefully stack together pieces to try to cram as much into those cups as humanly possible.  Of course if I were given the option of choosing from a sample of available pieces rather than a random assortment that would certainly be an acceptable option.  I have been known to dig through the several generic bins on the wall trying to search out odd pieces that have been mixed in.  My store has also mixed several parts together in some bins when they have the special builds like they did for Halloween & Christmas last year.   I really hope they can come up with something for the BAM that will allow for substitutions rather that the set pre-made groupings they have done in the past.  
    gmonkey76
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 919
    FWIW, I just saw on ABC News that Mall of America will re-open its stores on June 1. I'll bet the Lego store will be open fully at that time.
    560HeliportOnebricktoomany
    edited May 2020
    My guess/hope is that they will finally start enforcing that Build a figure is only for those who want to build figures for purchase and not just used as a babysitter for little ones to run their hands through parts or make figures that they will not purchase. I also think that hand sanitizer will need to be used before and recommended afterward. That it hopefully will raised up and be more of older children under parental supervision.
    I think for PaB walls, remove the lower bins, again enforce using hand sanitizer and again enforce that it is for filling up a cup and not just so little johnny and susie can run their hands through parts for the tactile experience.
    I really hope that these features do not go away as I think LEGO would lose a lot of people visiting the stores if these are gone.
    OnebricktoomanyTkattgmonkey76
    Yeah, PAB is really the only reason I go there. I occasionally buy sets, if there's a GWP or for something hard to find, but without PAB, I'd seldom bother.
    KungFuKenny
    Ropes don’t control short humans at all. They should use that plastic webbing you see around construction sites, or go with plexiglas/Perspex barriers like everyone is putting up around cash registers.
    gmonkey76
    Ropes don’t control short humans at all. They should use that plastic webbing you see around construction sites, or go with plexiglas/Perspex barriers like everyone is putting up around cash registers.

No, the only thing that will stop this is vigilance of the employees (I would say and parents, but half the parents in the store are just social media zombies who only care that their 'accessory' is not 'squeaking' at the moment).
    560Heliportgmonkey76
    In my experience many of the parents find it quite amusing when their offspring start flinging the bricks & Mini parts everywhere and some even seem to encourage it.  I've had kids try to take the parts & figures I'm working with right out of my hands so I've taken to placing them on top of the Mini Bar while I'm building so they can't reach them.  I really hope they figure out a way to block off the PAB walls off to control and restrict access.  Short of an enclosed display area staffed with someone to hand you the Mini Fig parts of your choosing I don't know what else they can do other than prepackaging for the minis.

560Heliportgmonkey76

No, the only thing that will stop this is vigilance of the employees (I would say and parents, but half the parents in the store are just social media zombies who only care that their 'accessory' is not 'squeaking' at the moment).
    If they care about that even.
    560Heliport
    Then there are the jerks who stand next to the shelf while looking at their phone, oblivious to the fact that other people might want to look at, oh, I don't know... LEGO sets?
    gmonkey76
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 738
    ^ Ugh...I don't know how you Minn. guys can stand the MOA Lego Store.  I'm 3 hrs south and every time I've been in there it's just chaos.  Like it's Black Friday every day.  With all the entrances/exits and the seating outside for kids to play, it just seems like it encourages kids to run around and tourists to wander thru.
    Tkatt
    I can stand it because it's the only one here! That, and for about 4 years I drove right past on my way home from work. At about 4pm on a weekday it's usually not too bad. I imagine you've been there on weekends. 
    Astrobricks
    Yeah, I don't tend to stay very long. Get what I'm looking for and get out. Avoid weekends. I have had a few nice conversations with the staff there though.
    560HeliportmadforLEGO
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 472
    If you go on a weekday right when they open it's not too bad. But almost any other time is unpleasant, so every time I do a LEGO survey I suggest they open another store in Minnesota. The Roseville or Maplewood Mall would be ideal. 
    edited May 2020
    I usually go in early on a Saturday to avoid the mall traffic, get my BaM parts, get anything in PaB and then get out and over to a place for lunch up near the mall (maybe also visit the LEGOLAND Discovery Center store as well) so all told Im out of the area by 12-1pm.
    gmonkey76
  • flightriskflightrisk USAMember Posts: 163
    Just spoke with a LEGO customer service rep who said the manufacturing and warehouse in Mexico will be opening up again on June 1st.  No word on Canada yet.  (and yes, I know by now to take this info with a grain of salt)
    autolycusAstrobrickspanchox1preveredvw2Mynatt
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    those looking for bam bar parts legoland ca has a pack with the newer exclusive parts
    mak0137
    With stores opening allowing for 'Walk in' traffic, anyone managed to get into a LEGO store and see if PaB or BaM is accessible?
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,221
    With stores opening allowing for 'Walk in' traffic, anyone managed to get into a LEGO store and see if PaB or BaM is accessible?
    From my understanding (at least here in Canada), you're not even allowed to touch the boxed sets. You stand in the middle of the store and point to the set you want while an associate then brings it to the register. The PaB wall is empty and cordoned off, and the BaM bar is completely absent.
    Props to Lego for going the extra mile to ensure safety.
    I'd be curious if the stores have PAB parts stock in the back room and at some point might actually be willing to fill cups if you pre-ordered for pick-up.  I know in the past when I've looked for parts that aren't out they sometimes had them in the back room & brought some out for me.
    karrit said:
    I'd be curious if the stores have PAB parts stock in the back room and at some point might actually be willing to fill cups if you pre-ordered for pick-up.  I know in the past when I've looked for parts that aren't out they sometimes had them in the back room & brought some out for me.

Yeah, wondering if they will do the same for the BaM bar eventually.
  • SamuraiPeteSamuraiPete Member Posts: 40
    I just made it into the Overland Park KS store today and it was a lot different than what you’re used to. The pick a brick wall was actually blocked so you couldn’t get back to it and they were definitely isolating themselves from the visitors.  You had to stand in the middle of the store and they had to get things off the shelves for you. Then you had to stand about 6 feet back when checking out.  It was a little bit surreal.
    madforLEGO
    oh and the middle of the store was cleared out, No BAM etc.
    madforLEGO
    On a related note they had some of the Harry Potter Quidditch Match in stock.  Seems to be sold out everywhere else I looked.  
    madforLEGO
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 261
    On a related note they had some of the Harry Potter Quidditch Match in stock.  Seems to be sold out everywhere else I looked.  
    The store by me doesn't show anything in stock when you check the website, so I am assuming that feature is not currently working. But, when I emailed the store to check stock they didn't have any of the sets I inquired about. What was stock like at yours?
  • MachONEMachONE USMember Posts: 40
    No newer stock than Trolls World Tour in FL.  The website stock was accurate to my store. I was told their delivery this week is to replenish stock only, due to factory shut downs they will not be getting any new items. Their distribution center does not have any newer items.  No in store promo leftovers either.  My store never received the Star Wars May 4th Death Star set.
    The store by me doesn't show anything in stock when you check the website, so I am assuming that feature is not currently working. But, when I emailed the store to check stock they didn't have any of the sets I inquired about. What was stock like at yours?
    Stock was pretty good for most sets, they had 4 of the Quidditch set I needed.  I just called before I went out and they were happy to look for me.  
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 623
    I went to the store in Stonebriar Mall (Frisco, TX) on Memorial Day.  They were limiting the number of people in the store at one time.  The middle was cleared out except for one station where they had the PaB elements on a 48x48 baseplate and forms to fill out indicating element selection and cup size.  Employees would then fill those orders.  You could walk up to the sets on the shelves and touch them.  There were a lot of sets not in stock and they said that the plant in Mexico was closed and therefore they didn't expect restock for a while.  
    AstrobricksKungFuKenny
  • flightriskflightrisk USAMember Posts: 163
    Just informed by LEGO customer service rep that the factory is up and running in Mexico again.  
    Dont’t know where to post this so just posting it here.  She said they flipped the switch in Mexico this morning.  Back orders will be shipped first, then stores will get shipments, then [email protected] will start adding sets.  
    I also asked about whether retirement dates will be extended here also and she said yes.  We talked for quite a while and she is a collector and a CS rep so I tend to believe her but am still cautious about the retirement dates.  
    Some sets like the Haunted House will only be one set per house hold until things even out.  

bpk2300pxchrisAstrobricksdvw2gmonkey76
    I don't have any issue with them limiting sets to one per household for now.  I was shocked to see the limit on the 2 new minifig sets was set at 50 which I thought was rather high.  Glad to hear the factory is back open so maybe I'll finally get my back ordered Disney Castle in time for my birthday. 
    Fizyxgmonkey76