Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Vintage Lego Castle, getting into it

2»

Comments

• RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,877
    I would turn the wolf pack into a water tower similar to the one preserved at Chester in the city walls. It could guard the port. I need to sell off some old Star wars sets and have all my Lego organised. But  I plan to start making a medieval town as well. 
    catwranglerPhantom107
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,410
    I really need to tend to this simple display I have in my office. Lots of dust and I need to add some stuff. I had a ton of Classic Castle sets including the aforementioned "Wolfpack Tower", but they now reside at @hoodaddy 's home. Maybe he can share a few pics???
    datsunrobbieBumblepantspxchrisandhecatwranglerPhantom107Redbullgivesuwindratical30
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,109
    One of my first mocs after my dark ages was combining two wolfpack towers. 

It was inspired by Wunztwice's fantastic 'Redux' of set 6075 https://flic.kr/p/Jz1m5. My intention as I recall was to keep the same layout as the wolfpack set but supersize it, keeping play features.

It was sat on my shelf for a number of years (hence the dust) and (just about) survived a house move, but has since been taken apart.

catwranglerPitfall69Phantom107Redbullgivesuwind560Heliportpxchrisratical30
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,743
    ^ Bah! Those rogue Wolfpack knights could never be bothered to clean! There's a layer of dust on everything! ;)
    stluxPhantom107Redbullgivesuwindmsanders
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    @Phantom107 Don't forget #6071 Forestmen's Crossing, my favorite of the theme. As a child, I think I logged the most playtime with that set, as well as having it serve as inspiration for countless MOCs.
    Phantom107
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    As a whole it was a fantastic theme. Castles are awesome.
    Pitfall69Phantom107
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 607
    edited February 2019
    I'm lining up a deal to get 1906 & 6086.
    Phantom107
    I traded #6086 to @hoodaddy and @piratemania7 has spoken for #1906 just recently. You may have started something here :)

dmcc0datsunrobbiePhantom107SprinkleOtter
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 317
    Did I turn down #1906?  What was I thinking. I will try to post a couple pics from my dungeon of a display lol
    Phantom107Pitfall69
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 921
    That's a thing of beauty right there @hoodaddy!
    hoodaddyPhantom107Pitfall69SumoLegoSprinkleOtter
    Thanks. I have two 6 foot tables I am hoping to use to make a proper display. But you know, that takes time and effort...
    Phantom107Pitfall69SumoLego
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,894
    Now that's the way to mount shelves- no anchors, or trying to find the studs! Just screw the uprights to the studs! And you could hang stuff from the ceiling: birds, dragons, aircraft... I'm envious!
    Phantom107SumoLegodmcc0
  • Phantom107Phantom107 The NetherlandsMember Posts: 73
    ‘Not the greatest setup’ 

.... understatement of the year, looks amazing!
    SumoLegoBaby_YodaSprinkleOtter
    @hoodaddy ;
    I even see the soccer field you got from me sitting on the floor!!! Crazy seeing a lot of my old sets sitting on your shelves *sigh*

...and yes...you passed on #1906 
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,139
    Pitfall69 said:
    Crazy seeing a lot of my old sets sitting on your shelves *sigh*
    There better be a LEGO Hockey Rink around there somewhere...

SprinkleOtterBaby_Yoda
    Thanks for the comments, but I just see it as 3 shelves on an unfinished wall lol. But it was easier to put up and gives a little extra room at the back of the shelves. 

@Pitfall69 appreciate the sets I’ve gotten from you over the years. And the soccer set is still fun. It’s on a table and not the floor, learned that lesson the hard way. 

@SumoLego no hockey rink, both of my kids play soccer and I am barely a casual Penguins fan lol
    SumoLegoSprinkleOtterBaby_YodaPitfall69
    Ahhh Majisto...
    SprinkleOtterPitfall69
    And @hoodaddy those are some nice ships :)
    SumoLegodmcc0Pitfall69
    I’m back having some fun. My favorite LEGO set ever is #6090 (okay maybe it’s tied with #6068 ;) ) and I’ve gotten some rock and greenery bricks to make a cool expansion. I like the big rock pieces that you can use to make a general shape and then add detail later. First I gotta get a good concept going and get this castle expanded.

panchox1560HeliportBumblepantsKungFuKennyandhe
    Castle idea turned out to be way too big for the bricks that I have so I decided to build the #6078 Royal Drawbridge instead. The royal knights theme is definitely my favorite.

First I made a landscape:

Then I completed the set on it and added tons of details. I want to keep it on my desk as a set piece. If I ever get more rock legos I’ll think about making the castle though.

Closeups:

oldtodd33560HeliportOldfanNateMN2020KungFuKennybrickventuresBumblepantsLusiferSampxchris