Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UCS Millennium Falcon 75192 - Second Edition???

jlaibsonjlaibson FloridaMember Posts: 6
Hi all - second question from a newb.  I've been researching the Millennium Falcon 75192, and I often see it referred to as Second Edition.  I'm not sure if this is stated because 75192 is the second UCS Millenium Falcon, or whether they actually released a second version of 75192.  If that's the case, what changed?  Were there flaws in the first edition that needed to be corrected?  I've tried to research and have found nothing, so tapping in to the hive.  Thanks!

Comments

• pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,475
    It is referred to as a second edition only in relation to #10179.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,831
    edited May 2020
    #75192 is the second release of the UCS Millennium Falcon, #10179.

#10179 was designed by Jens Kronvold Frederiksen and released in 2007.

#75192 used the chassis (for the most part) of #10179 and concentrated more on upgrading its aesthetics - designed by Hans Burkhard Schlömer.  Because of this, it is generally referred to as a ‘second release’, or ‘upgraded’ version.

I’m not sure which one I prefer to be honest.  The new version is obviously finished to a higher level of detail, but I think I prefer the tunnel behind the cockpit on the original and given its 13 years old, it still remains an absolutely engineering masterpiece.

There a pretty good interview here.  https://brickset.com/article/31111/interview-with-hans-burkhard-schl%C3%B6mer-designer-of-75192-millennium-falcon

Ha, and if you want to relive the hype of the grand opening night of the second release, look here.  https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/27045/leicester-square-millennium-falcon-midnight-release-13th-september-2017/p1

Mr_CrossFireheartGothamConstructionCo
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 406
    Then there’s the third version, a hybrid of the two...

Finally going to get started on mine over the bank holiday weekend!

omniumSumoLegoKungFuKenny
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,219
    And one could make the argument that the #10179 as 'two' editions, the one with the special insert on the first run, and then all of the other ones...

(Not mine, this is off of eBay.)
    gmonkey76
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,494
    ^^ Whaaa?
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,080
    For #10179 there was a 'limited first edition' run of (I think) 10,000 - with a little 'first edition' badge on the box. 
    SumoLegogmonkey76
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    So there is 
    10179 Millennium Falcon - First Edition
    10179 Millennium Falcon - Second Edition
    and 
    75192 Second Edition Millennium Falcon - First Edition
    560HeliportSumoLegoFizyx
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,494
    ^^ Whaaa?
    For #10179 there was a 'limited first edition' run of (I think) 10,000 - with a little 'first edition' badge on the box. 
    But why would there be a #75192 box with #10179 written on it in gold marker? @caterham7?
    panchox1
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 868
    Was Jens being goofy when he signed that box?
    KungFuKennySumoLegoAstrobricksgmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,219
    graphite said:
    So there is 
    10179 Millennium Falcon - First Edition
    10179 Millennium Falcon - Second Edition
    and 
    75192 Second Edition Millennium Falcon - First Edition
    and... 75192 Second Edition Millennium Falcon - Jens Goofy First Edition
    graphite
  • jlaibsonjlaibson FloridaMember Posts: 6
    Thanks everyone!  This helps.  So, i was concerned that if they had made some kind of improved to 75192 I’d want to make sure I got the latest.  Now I just need for them to stock up again....lowest price I can find is almost $200 over MSRP, going down about 10 bucks a week.   <sigh>. I don’t suppose there’s ANY actual way to find out an ETA on when lego.com would have it in stock.  I could try calling, but I figure they’ll just be like yea right...
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,403
    Thanks.  Although apparently not to the US without filling out some special delivery form which I assume means there will be a charge but you have to wait to find out. . If I get desperate I may research further.  
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 541
    So, is 75192 OOS all over?
    It's still out of stock on lego.com, but available elsewhere for a premium, or occasionally you can find on lego site in other countries (or third parties in other countries like above) but they don't ship to US