Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

API v3 discussion

2»

Comments

• benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 700
    @Huw - something I noticed when playing with the API - #21020 is classified as "Architecture" with a subtheme of "Landmark series" whereas all the others in that subtheme are "Landmark Series" - note the case difference of "series" vs "Series"! Here's the JSON:
          "setID": 23406,
          "number": "21020",
          "numberVariant": 1,
          "name": "Trevi Fountain",
          "year": 2014,
          "theme": "Architecture",
          "themeGroup": "Model making",
          "subtheme": "Landmark series",
    vs
          "setID": 6679,
          "number": "21000",
          "numberVariant": 1,
          "name": "Sears Tower",
          "year": 2008,
          "theme": "Architecture",
          "themeGroup": "Model making",
          "subtheme": "Landmark Series",
    It doesn't make any material difference, but unless I ignore case when grouping sets (which is easily done!) then the Trevi Fountain gets a group all of its own.
    This doesn't manifest on Brickset itself, so the logic there must be case insensitive. Not sure if it's something you care about fixing?
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,867
    I've edited it.

SQL server is case-insensitive and we display themes/subthemes etc. in upper case so is not noticeable.
    benbacardi
  • nicmarenicmare BerlinMember Posts: 9
    Played around with 

getKeyUsageStats

works good! thank you @Huw ! very helpful!
    Huw
  • nicmarenicmare BerlinMember Posts: 9
    Also increased caching methods on my side. 
  • hantothantot UKMember Posts: 280
    might be a push to move to v3 but has getSets on v2 stopped accepting multiple set numbers? can get single set data back fine but not multiple ones
    edited May 2020
    ^ Yes it has. I've been simplifying the stored procedure to speed it up.

• RexfelisRexfelis Snohomish, WAMember Posts: 32
    Any chance of bringing back "getReviews" in the v3 API?
    Also, a more obscure one, any chance of adding back parameters to "getThemes" and "getSubthemes" to filter by user(Hash), "owned" and "wanted"? (like the v2 getThemesForUser and getSubthemesForUser)
    edited May 2020
    They were not used, and I think the v2 versions have been disabled.

I'm reluctant to add every feature to the API: its purpose is not to facilitate the production of something that negates the need to visit the website, but to supplement it and encourage visiting/registering.
    RikTheVeggie
    A bit disappointed, but I understand your reasoning.

If I ever get my app close to release, maybe we can figure out some ways to drive some income to the website while still providing a native app experience (and make it more worthwhile to invest in the API).
    Uhhhh. I think I broke something?

I was updating my app to use the v3 API and was at the point of updating/validating my use of setCollection when I noticed that I was getting duplicate results in my getSets response. At first I thought is was just a bug on my app, but decided to check the website as well and this is what showed up...

Or is it maybe some weird local caching thing for me?
    For the record, it seemed to be working fine when I was still (mistakenly, I thought) sending the parameters in the POST body (as JSON)...it didn't seem to go wonky until I updated to pass the parameters in the query string instead of the post body.
    Okay, odd. It seems to have fixed itself now that I was able to make a successful setCollection update using the API test page.

Apparently maybe I'm just doing it a bit wrong. Anyhow, seems to be mostly working now. So now the only problem I'm having is that I can't send an empty string for "notes". 
    The notes issue is a known bug: I suggest sending a single space until I resolve it!
  • seb303seb303 UKMember Posts: 2
    For part of my application, the user can save groups of sets.  I would like to be able to retrieve all the set data with a single call to getSets, passing multiple setIDs.  From the API docs this doesn't seem possible.  Is there a way to pass a list of setIDs as criteria to getSets?  e.g. as a JSON array rather than a single integer?

Not currently but it's a good idea...
  • seb303seb303 UKMember Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    So currently I'll have to call getSets multiple times.  I will implement this for now, but will change over to using a single call once it's possible.
    Thank you.
  • LebosteinLebostein GermanyMember Posts: 48
    edited August 2020
    On the set site I see the UVP for France:

But if I use the API I don't get this information:

"LEGOCom": {
          "US": {
            "retailPrice": 99.99,
            "dateFirstAvailable": "2020-07-03T00:00:00Z"
          },
          "UK": {
            "retailPrice": 89.99,
            "dateFirstAvailable": "2020-07-01T00:00:00Z",
            "dateLastAvailable": "2020-07-03T00:00:00Z"
          },
          "CA": {
            "retailPrice": 149.99,
            "dateFirstAvailable": "2020-07-01T00:00:00Z"
          },
          "DE": {
            "retailPrice": 97.47,
            "dateFirstAvailable": "2020-07-02T00:00:00Z",
            "dateLastAvailable": "2020-07-04T00:00:00Z"
          }
        }

Why?

FR is not currently exposed via the API. Neither is NL, FI, SE, DK, NO etc. etc. 

Although the price will be different the dates will be the same.
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 700
    Out of curiosity, which field are searched when you pass a "query" to getSets? I presume it's a case-insensitive "contains" query against number and name, not anything more complex?
    Number, name, theme and subtheme.

benbacardi
  • LebosteinLebostein GermanyMember Posts: 48
    Huw said:
    FR is not currently exposed via the API. Neither is NL, FI, SE, DK, NO etc. etc. 

Although the price will be different the dates will be the same.

Is there a reason for that? I thought the web page and the API are based on the same database?

I guess I don't want to give all my hard-earned data away ;)
  • louislllouisll USMember Posts: 1
    Hi! Thank you for providing all the LEGO data! It's super helpful. Currently, I am using the API for a student web application project. I found there is a limit of API call for getSet, could someone help me to increase the API call limit? Thank you! @Huw