Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2020 Modular Rumors

15678911»

Comments

• ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 936
    Also a nice look IMO.
    I think this looks the best due to the sizing.  The BS house was just too small when next to the PS house.  Of course, I'm not sure who is going to want to move in next door to a pub.
    BrickchapLusiferSamandhe
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,337
    I think this is going to be like Machete order to watch the original 6 star wars movies - where you end up just sticking episode 1 in the trash as it's surplus to requirements and not very good. Maybe that's where the Town House is gonna ultimately end up.
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,337
    Also a nice look IMO.
    I think this looks the best due to the sizing.  The BS house was just too small when next to the PS house.  Of course, I'm not sure who is going to want to move in next door to a pub.
    The Town House manages to look simultaneously over-sized and under-sized. Quite a feat!
    ReesesPiecesSMCcguglielmiBrickchapandhe
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 465
    edited January 25
    ReesesPieces said: I think this looks the best due to the sizing.  The BS house was just too small when next to the PS house.  Of course, I'm not sure who is going to want to move in next door to a pub.
    Someone who doesn't want to have to stumble too far back home? The pub's owner?
    ReesesPiecesandhegmonkey76560HeliportBrickchapM1J0E
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,908
    Also a nice look IMO.
    The Town House manages to look simultaneously over-sized and under-sized. Quite a feat!
    This, it would have been much better to give use two small businesses or a larger book shop.  
    autolycus 

I doubt even the pub's owner would want to live in a house when there might be drunkards passed out right outside his door. 
    Brainslugged said:

Upon a closer look, I have to agree.  That bay window is huge and makes the details of the other structures look tiny.
    Brickchap
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,908
    ^ I think its more the raised floor basement that makes it look big and also that the bit above the window looks like its part of the ground floor which makes the ground floor look really big. But this also makes it look like it only has one floor which makes it look small and odd for a town house.
    AstrobricksBrickchap
  • RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 364
    autolycus 

I doubt even the pub's owner would want to live in a house when there might be drunkards passed out right outside his door. 
    There will be thousands of streets across the UK where a pub is next to a row of houses, with the pub often on a street corner. It's also not unusual for the landlord or other staff to live in a flat above the pub or near by.

So I think the set up shown is quite realistic.
    gmonkey76ReesesPiecesautolycusSilverLoveM1J0Edvw2
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,593
    ^Or in Chicago (or any other big city) that has a bar on the corner and housing down the street.
    ReesesPiecesSumoLegoM1J0E
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 336
    Am I the only one who doesnt like the tree? It doesnt seem to fit. I bought it last week in the US and keep looking at the box and wondering if I like it or not. 
    I am going to get some custom books printed for mine I think too
    Brickchap
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 702
    As a standalone build, the tree looks great, I think, but when the book shop is combined in a street, it looks really out of place, cause the other trees are so small and slim. I really like the set though! 
    SMCBrickchaplegomental
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 155
    The tree looked good when I put it in the little park I built and put at the end of the Parisian Restaurant.
    BrickchapwardmSnizzlebuttsLittleLori
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,266
    I’d be tempted to clone the tree for elsewhere in my city (if I had one).
    BrickchapSnizzlebuttsLittleLoridvw2
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 831
    Anyone knows if the Downtown Diner is retiring/retired? I'm having trouble finding it in stores (Malaysia and NZ).
    Brickchap
    Jern92 said:
    Anyone knows if the Downtown Diner is retiring/retired? I'm having trouble finding it in stores (Malaysia and NZ).
    The "normal" pattern would have Assembly Square retiring this year. For what it's worth, a LOT of sets are out of stock in the US. On Lego [email protected], at Amazon, at Walmart, Target, etc. Lots and lots of stock issues right now. So that may not be an indication of anything at all.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,135
    Half of their stock is sitting in dormant LEGO Retail Stores...

Free the Brick!
    autolycuspiratemania7gmonkey76Jern92
    SumoLego said:

Free the Brick!
    I don't even want to think about what the first few days after re-opening might be like!
    I was considering wearing a minifigure head as a facemask.  But, sadly - my actual head is too large.
    Bumblepantsdavetheoxygenman
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    autolycus said: 
    SumoLego said:

Free the Brick!
    I don't even want to think about what the first few days after re-opening might be like!
    Of course this is all related to folks sitting at home in isolation!

I wonder how many folks have resigned themselves to opening sets they once thought they never would...
    560HeliportPyrobug
    Damn straight!  Stockpiling toilet paper and cleaning supplies is for morons - stockpiling LEGO Modulars, sidewalk tiles and modular-scale buildings is the smart thing to do.

Yes, I say this with a straight face.
    monstblitzericbCymbelinePyrobuggmonkey76BumblepantsBrickchapMynattpxchris
    autolycus said:
    Jern92 said:
    The "normal" pattern would have Assembly Square retiring this year. For what it's worth, a LOT of sets are out of stock in the US. On Lego [email protected], at Amazon, at Walmart, Target, etc. Lots and lots of stock issues right now. So that may not be an indication of anything at all.
    I'm trying to decide if I should grab it on the secondary market right now (at RRP) or wait and see if there's more coming and get discounts via the Lego stores. We're all in lockdown over here so I can't call the stores to check on availability.
    edited April 21
    autolycus said:
    SumoLego said:

Free the Brick!
    LEGO is considered an essential product in NZ so toy stores can still ship it out to customers, even though they can't be open. Unfortunately I'm in Malaysia right now.
  • f2iso100f2iso100 United StatesMember Posts: 50
    SumoLego said:
    Damn straight!  Stockpiling toilet paper and cleaning supplies is for morons - stockpiling LEGO Modulars, sidewalk tiles and modular-scale buildings is the smart thing to do.

You speak of these "modular-scale buildings...." So far I have added Diagon Alley, Medieval Market Village, and the Sanctum Sanctorum to my town. Any recommendations for others in this same size or close to it? I'm thinking about enlarging some Winter Village sets (or maybe even Elves?) to fill the gap! 
    SumoLegogmonkey76
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 155
    SumoLego said:

Ahhh but there are those of us who stockpiled toilet paper and such and LEGO!
    SumoLegogmonkey76catwrangler
    edited April 21
    f2iso100 said:
    Any recommendations for others in this same size or close to it?
    Old Fishing Store, both of the Ninjago Movie Modulars, Ninjago Temple of Airjitsu, the Destiny's Bounty and Imperial Flagship.  The #60132 Service Station, #10027 Train Shed... Wind Turbine... Treehouse... Stranger Things...

Apocalypseburg, Haunted House, Fairground Mixer, Carousel, Rollercoaster, Ferris Wheel, Disney Train Station, Cinderella Castle...
    gmonkey76piratemania7
    ^ Yes, very Jedha from Rogue One...
    andheKungFuKenny
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,593
    f2iso100 said:
    Any recommendations for others in this same size or close to it? I'm thinking about enlarging some Winter Village sets (or maybe even Elves?) to fill the gap! 
    Don't overlook Friends sets. While they may be too colorful for some, they have a lot of good pieces/stickers to make building/businesses that the LEGO City line haven't made yet.   
    BumblepantsBrickchapstluxSumoLegojhuntin1piratemania7KungFuKenny
  • f2iso100f2iso100 United StatesMember Posts: 50
    gmonkey76 said:
    Don't overlook Friends sets. While they may be too colorful for some, they have a lot of good pieces/stickers to make building/businesses that the LEGO City line haven't made yet.   
    My primary building partner is my 8-year-old daughter, so we are swimming in Friends and Elves sets! Most of my spare parts comes from those sets (and I agree about the stickers - I often pick up sticker sheets from Friends on Bricklink for my MOCs). 

There are always themes I overlook, so thanks for that list! Lots to chew on :)
    SumoLegogmonkey76
    Grand Hotel is another one - forgot about that.  And for a facade, Arkham Asylum is a nice choice.  And if you're doing a large-scale amusement park, the Joker Mansion is an option.

(The Arkham Asylum released before TLBM version - which is also not a bad stand-alone building to modularize.)
    gmonkey76piratemania7
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,291
    So, there I was in the leaks thread a few days or a week ago (who can tell anymore?) and someone mentioned the modular releases... I was contemplating the next one and must have got distracted, because this alliterative list was left lurking in leaks. Conversation has naturally moved on... I obviously spent some time on this stupid list, and couldn't bring myself to just delete it. I can't think what the relevence of 'M' was now.

Multiple Modular Musings:
    Metropolitan Museum
    Main St. Mardi Gras
    Municipal Marketplace
    Michael and Mary's Motel
    Modernist Maisonette
    Miami Marina
    Mom's Mercantile
    Moore's More Menagerie
    Marshall Monroe's Memorial Metro

klintonBumblepantsKungFuKenny
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,186
    Your list is a bit outdated. After she disowned her only child for having run off to join the circus, Marge has since renamed the shop. Tragic story, that.
    Mr_CrossWhiteDove