Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Masters TV competition on Fox.

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,889
    Jern92 said:

They seem to interpret fantasy as sci-fi for some reason.
    In their defense, I have heard the term space fantasy being used, even with star wars.  Of course, I'm not sure what the difference between sci-fi and space fantasy is though...
    I have seen fantasy and sci-fi lumped together in bookstores, but that never really made sense to me. But I don’t really consider it sci-fi unless it’s “hard” sci-fi, dealing with ideas extrapolated from the present, or actually derived from science. So Star Wars isn’t really sci-fi. It’s just a war movie/fantasy set in space. (Not exactly an original opinion on my part, I know:) )
    560HeliportizxReesesPieces
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,301
    The funny thing to me was the guys who had Romance built the best Fantasy build
    Switchfoot55PyrobugJern92BuriedinBricksMCNwakeboard
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,620
    Tyler and Amy's build was absolutely stunning once again. I thought they easily had the best build, although Boone and Mark's story and the way they tied it together was slightly stronger. It seems to me that while other teams can excel at one challenge or another, Tyler and Amy excel at all of them.
    bandit778SteveGKungFuKennytomahawkerPyrobugJern92
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,024
    Tyler and Amy's build was absolutely stunning once again. I thought they easily had the best build, although Boone and Mark's story and the way they tied it together was slightly stronger. It seems to me that while other teams can excel at one challenge or another, Tyler and Amy excel at all of them.
    I've a suspicion they totally won this thing. The way he posts a micro version of their build on instagram every week just feels a bit like strutting.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,865
    I like that they think others are copying them.

Octopus, baby... 

OMG - they're using LEGO bricks in their build.  We thought of that first!
    Jern92
    SumoLego said:
    I like that they think others are copying them.

Octopus, baby... 

OMG - they're using LEGO bricks in their build.  We thought of that first!
    OMG! Why are you copying us? We were talking about them first! Talk about someone else. #copycat #soooounoriginal
    SumoLegogmonkey76panchox1
  • im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 108
    I honestly didn't think the super baby concept was a good fit for “comedy” - it felt way more like something you’d expect in the “kids” category.
    izxSumoLegoJern92BuriedinBricks
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,105
    To be fair to all the contestants, thinking about how I would have applied a build to a film genre challenge that's instantly recognisable without using licensed stuff isn't as easy as it sounds, let alone then adding / changing it enough to incorporate two genres. 

Western , Monster, Kids & Fantasy were probably the easiest to have an initial build idea for as they all have a particular set of aesthetics that most people would automatically recognise but to convey Mystery, Thriller, Romance and Comedy that an outsider would easily see isn't quite so easy as a person's interpretation of these can vary wildly.
    Look at The Scooby Doo line of sets, the show was all about mystery and for those that watched it, it was was easy to look at the sets and see the similarities but for the most part the mystery aspect revolved around a single play feature and a minifigures reveal which wasn't instantly recognisable for non fans, the biggest reason they did well were because for the most part they were iconic and recognisable not because of the mystery aspect.

The obvious downside for the easier genres is that once you add the another genre, a lot of the things that made your build obvious then become the things that need changing.

I think that all the teams did well all things considered.

I do agree that Tyler and Amy seem to be the team to beat as they appear to be very good at the initial planning stage so the builds end up with a solid and polished build without too much faffing about while the building takes place.

I do feel sorry for Christian and Aaron though as they are exceptional builders and for visually stunning, detailed set pieces they are possibly the best on the show.
    Following a brief that's out of their comfort zone and their ideas seem to falter and they revert to visually detailed set pieces which is a shame.

Looking forward to next week's show as some of those buildings look fantastic.
    tomahawkerAstrobricksSumoLegoKungFuKenny
    I thought the film genre challenge did a good job making proficient builders think outside of their comfort zone.  I was afraid that the competition would permit teams to replicate similar builds across different themes.

The Douche-Brick Team was smart to use their golden brick, but I doubt they would have been eliminated.  (Any by the way - an easy way to add 'Thriller' to the Romance theme would be to get rid of the bouquet for the dragon, and just have Black Widow, Lara Croft or some other heroine saving the dude in distress from the castle.)

Both Western builds were pretty lackluster - so I'm not surprised those were the bottom builds.
    KungFuKennyPyrobug
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,861
    Jern92 said:

They seem to interpret fantasy as sci-fi for some reason.
    In their defense, I have heard the term space fantasy being used, even with star wars.  Of course, I'm not sure what the difference between sci-fi and space fantasy is though...
    I have seen fantasy and sci-fi lumped together in bookstores, but that never really made sense to me. But I don’t really consider it sci-fi unless it’s “hard” sci-fi, dealing with ideas extrapolated from the present, or actually derived from science. So Star Wars isn’t really sci-fi. It’s just a war movie/fantasy set in space. (Not exactly an original opinion on my part, I know:) )
    Part of why sci-fi and fantasy are often lumped together is that especially when you go back to the early roots of both genres it can be difficult to differentiate between them. Just as an example, a lot of early stories involving space travel were written long before there was much substantive science about what conditions existed beyond Earth's atmosphere.

There's no doubt "sci-fi" and "fantasy" have different implications, but it's hard to draw a hard line between them that can hold true not just for authors in the present, but also for the literary history of those genres. A strict definition of sci-fi to what you define as "hard" sci-fi would either leave out those formative stories that science has since proven to be almost absurdly inaccurate, or would contradict itself by including stories that were scientifically plausible for their time, while rejecting as "fantasy" any stories using similar elements after those elements have been thoroughly disproven by actual science.

A good umbrella term for the two genres and others that they tend to overlap with is "speculative fiction", because they all speculate about worlds different than ours — even if the only difference is science and technology having developed further than they have in our own world.

izx
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,447
    edited March 1
    They must be trying hard to not nominate Tyler and Amy as best builders every week, so they can give others some hope too.
    the elimination was expected, their builds were consistently among the weakest, it's even kind of surprising they went so far.
    The girls seems to be in danger now, but I think they have more potential, like more imagination at least.
    BumblepantsSumoLego
    ^ They need a Mermaid/Hydrant build to dazzle the judges.  The dragon build was not good, and last week's was lackluster as well.

Science Fiction - No Dragons
    Fantasy - Dragons
    Well, still better than having no idea how to incorporate fantasy into western. Now, the remaining competition is pretty tough.
    SumoLego
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 403
    I'm just hoping that the show will drive some viewers to look for LUGs in their areas...though they haven't mentioned them at this point...or have they?
    I doubt this show will inspire the civilian television watcher to look up their local LUG and join.  (Much like how TLM or TLBM or Ninjago or any other LEGO media property doesn't inspire the same.)

After watching Hell's Kitchen or Survivor, I have zero interest in learning how to cook French cuisine or learn how to make fire w/o a lighter or matches.

It's just interesting entertainment that'll be around for a few seasons, and then the public will move on to the next competition series.  Hopefully the advertising revenue and ratings, or low-cost of producing the show will keep it alive for awhile.  I definitely enjoy the show.
    Jern92
  • SteveGSteveG TNMember Posts: 33
    Because I like reading things into things I see whether they are there or not, why are all the teams sitting next to each other but one of them?

shikadi
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 815
    Yeah... sorry to say that you're definitely reading something into it that's not there. Sam and Jessica were on very good terms with each other all throughout the whole weekend. There was a lot of love between all of them actually. Samuel is just sitting at the end because he got there a little later I think.
    stluxSteveGJern92
    I'm reading too far into it...

...so they must have won the surprise prize of $2 Million and unlimited LEGO for their lives.  They created an LLC for the purpose of registering patents and other intellectual property rights related to their LEGO designs.  Sam then bankrupted the LLC by creating a 100ft tall high version of the hydrant mermaid, and mass-producing actual mermaid fire hydrants.  Despite protracted litigation, the rights were divided, as were the costs.  Jessica started funneling discount LEGO across the world and was later detained for licensing their own IP at discount rates...

And that's why they are sitting 15 feet apart.

pxchrisPyrobugSwitchfoot55KungFuKennyshikadiizx
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,013
    As much as I like the Beards, I feel pretty safe saying that the winning team is not in that photo...
    SumoLego
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 831
    Lucky! I would have had a huge fanboy moment if I got to meet them! Though on the bright side some of the teams do engage in Q&A sessions on their social media pages, so that's about as close as I'll ever get to them.
    SumoLego
  • henrysunsethenrysunset Member Posts: 242

I had the opportunity to meet about half of the contestants this weekend at Bricks Cascade.  I have to say, what a great set of folks—they were all very nice, passionate about the LEGO brick, and patient with weekend attendees who spent upwards of an hour in line to meet them!

I also learned that many of the contestants are sharing behind the scenes details on YouTube, articles on their blogs, and even microscale renditions of the models that they built during the competition.  Because it's so hard to find all of these resources, I put them all in one place.  (It's fascinating to learn more about how different teams tackled each of the challenges so far!)

LINK: https://brickarchitect.com/2020/meet-the-lego-masters-youtube-instagram-twitter/

The article has two sections:

• The first section includes social medial links for all of the contestants who have public websites, blogs, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.
    • The second section is organized by episode, with links to the specific articles/videos/images which the contestants have shared with fans.

I do apologize that I missed the opportunity to take a photo with all of the cast which attended the show, but did get this great photo with Corey Samuels...

Photo with Travis Samuels, from team 'Brothers Who Brick'

Let me know if you find additional content from the contestants so I can add it to the article!

Sincerely,
    —Tom Alphin

bandit778KungFuKennyTheOriginalSimonBtomahawkerReesesPiecespxchrisSumoLegoizxJern92
    Side note - it was a pleasure meeting you and chatting with you a while too @henrysunset!
    KungFuKenny
  • minicoop4minicoop4 USAMember Posts: 15
    My money is on Tyler and Aaron as most likely to be hired as future LEGO designers. 
    panchox1
    minicoop4 said:
    My money is on Tyler and Aaron as most likely to be hired as future LEGO designers. 
    Oh yeah, Aaron definitely showed his potential for that well before being on this show with his remarkably "set-like" MOC series like Body Battlers and Dragon Lands!

pxchrisLyichir
    Tough to see the girls lose when their build at the halfway point was so strong. I think if they had thought up a more distinct color palette that set the attacker faction apart it would have helped. Easy to say from my sofa though.

I am excited for the bridges next week, should be a lot of fun. I'm going to guess that Sam & Jessica will get eliminated next as structural engineering doesn't seem to be one of their strengths. That is assuming holding the most weight is the key to victory of course. 
    BrickByBrickpxchrisLyichirPyrobug
  • henrysunsethenrysunset Member Posts: 242
    P.S. You should mark this "spoiler" since the show hasn't been broadcasted on the west coast yet.
    panchox1izx
  • izxizx USAMember Posts: 36
    Tough to see the girls lose when their build at the halfway point was so strong. I think if they had thought up a more distinct color palette that set the attacker faction apart it would have helped.
    For sure. They fell into the same trap Manny+Nestor did with an initial false start after the twist. Initially, they had the nebulous "technology" monster. After the Brickmasters halfway review, I thought they'd make a kickass robot attacking the cyberpunk city. Instead, we still ended up with the confusing technology-movie-comes-to-life-and-breaks-out-of-the-theater with an underwhelming--and I quote Krystle--"motherboard-robot-puppeteer-guy-controlli...I don't know."

It was a high-concept that's unfortunately hard to make self-evident. They definitely needed a bold, large attacker. Perhaps something out of left-field -- giant dragon(s) breaking through time-and-space to attack their city of the future?
    shikadiLyichirPyrobug
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 403
    I am disappointed that story is what is driving eliminations, and not the quality of the build.  What the gals built looked AWESOME, including the attacking monster (IMHO).  Frankly, they were robbed.
    SteveG
    edited March 5
    P.S. You should mark this "spoiler" since the show hasn't been broadcasted on the west coast yet.
    Sorry, didn't realize they delayed things like that. 
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 375
    @daewoo I do agree with both your points about story-driven eliminations and that the girls were robbed, as I thought in terms of builds, it was their strongest one yet. At the same time, I feel like their over-reliance on fantasy - dragons on the globe, Scooby-Doo-esque mystery fantasy in the Movie Making episode, and "motherboard-robot-puppeteer-guy-controlli...I don't know" last night painted them into a creative corner. I get that they're (obviously) big into fantasy and Cosplaying, which is fine, but they almost seemed determined to somehow work those elements into their builds regardless of if it was needed, or, in the case of the globe, thematically appropriate.  I mean, you're building a skyscraper, not a castle on a floating rock. Doesn't every kid who builds Lego sooner or later want to build a giant skyscraper? I mean, I have five in my city downstairs.

I thought The Beards ended up knocking it out of the park, especially as I was pretty skeptical about a "food truck tower", but their hot dog monster was fantastic. I have no idea what Tyler and Amy were trying to do, though, even if their execution was really good, and it was obvious they were pretty out of their element.  I think they got lucky that the other bottom place build was so jarringly disjointed and not fleshed out with minifigures at all. 

@Bumblepants that's a good observation about Sam and Jessica and structural engineering. The question is, what will the episode's mid-point "twist" be? 

izxpxchrisPyrobug
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 261
    Yes, the focus on story-telling is throwing me for a loop.  I guess we all "LEGO" our own way, and I, for one, am not all that interested in the sets / builds "telling a story".  I'll tell my own story, thank you.  I want to see - and appreciate - great builds, use of parts, use of colors, etc.  and I feel like the judging is really understating / not caring about those things.

Oh well, thanks.
    560HeliportKungFuKennyPyrobug
    edited March 5
    daewoo said:
    I am disappointed that story is what is driving eliminations, and not the quality of the build.  What the gals built looked AWESOME, including the attacking monster (IMHO).  Frankly, they were robbed.
    I think if quality of builds were the most important factor in the judging, there'd be no need to have multiple rounds at all — they could have just one round with a broad challenge like "build your most impressive, show-stopping creation to date", and choose a single winner from those entries. For that matter, the results of such a competition would likely in line with whose creations have had the biggest "wow factor" prior to casting — making even that one building challenge feel almost entirely redundant.
    For all the critique I've seen of the show for relying on reality show gimmicks, the way the challenges are set up seems consciously geared towards not only generating drama/suspense/elevated emotions, but also towards challenging the builders on an extensive range of creative skills. Builders are challenged not only on their aesthetic sensibilities, but also their ability to:
    • manage time
    • delegate tasks according to their respective skillsets
    • generate and develop ideas in response to a creative prompt
    • adapt to tasks and ways of thinking/working they aren't used to
    • use visual media narratively to clearly communicate a story or message
    • persist even in the face of unforeseeable bad luck
    • and tailor their work to meet and/or surpass the expectations of a particular audience (in this case, the judges)
    These are all skills expected of professional designers and artists in any medium, so expecting less from "masters" would dilute the weight of earning that title.
    Certainly there's no shortage of other conventional reality show gimmicks, like the "golden brick", the pressure of being on camera at all times, and numerous on-set distractions like guest stars, banter or trash talk between teams, and hosts providing commentary or soliciting commentary from you as you're building.
    But I don't feel like that diminishes the importance of being able to produce show-stopping visuals and concepts while ALSO fulfilling the challenge prompts, thereby demonstrating the various creative skills I described above (and others I'm sure I missed)!
    izx said:
    Tough to see the girls lose when their build at the halfway point was so strong. I think if they had thought up a more distinct color palette that set the attacker faction apart it would have helped.
    For sure. They fell into the same trap Manny+Nestor did with an initial false start after the twist. Initially, they had the nebulous "technology" monster. After the Brickmasters halfway review, I thought they'd make a kickass robot attacking the cyberpunk city. Instead, we still ended up with the confusing technology-movie-comes-to-life-and-breaks-out-of-the-theater with an underwhelming--and I quote Krystle--"motherboard-robot-puppeteer-guy-controlli...I don't know."

It was a high-concept that's unfortunately hard to make self-evident. They definitely needed a bold, large attacker. Perhaps something out of left-field -- giant dragon(s) breaking through time-and-space to attack their city of the future?
    I think keeping an attacker conceptually linked to the cyberpunk theme they'd built their city around was good storytelling, but the visuals needed to more clearly communicate that narrative. The "high-tech-movie-comes-to-life" thing is a very complicated thing to communicate clearly compared to "lightning strikes" or even "eco-friendly city angers pollution monster". And truly, the idea of machines rising up against their users is such a ubiquitous storytelling theme that I feel like they didn't NEED a contrived explanation for why it was happening.
    Honestly, I think the strongest part of their "technology attacks" concept from a visual standpoint was the vine-like or tentacle-like wires overgrowing the city. The raw, grey, almost organic appearance contrasted beautifully against the more colorful and geometric buildings that they had before the attack, helping them to stand out as a "glitch" or "anomaly" that didn't belong. And the way they wrapped around the entire model like a world wide web turned spider's web really communicated the danger posed by an enemy that was omnipresent, uncontrollable, and growing.
    If they'd taken that visual element further — perhaps having laser eyes or robot arms sprout out of the junctions between hoses like fruiting bodies on a slime mold, or weaving together into a monstrous beast that would become the model's central focal point — then they could have had quite an impressive and coherent battle scene.
    Instead, they made a primitive, blocky-looking "boss robot" the most eye-catching part of the model by putting it at the highest point in the model, covering it in glowy transparent elements, and making it much bulkier than all the other "tech monsters" they'd constructed. We'd seen them do much more impressive beasts/monsters in earlier rounds, making this one's rushed, slapdash appearance that much more obviously out-of-place in an otherwise outstanding build.
    It was really not surprising to me that they got eliminated after their attempt to meet this challenge prompt got the better of them. I'm definitely sad for them, though. They were a lot of fun, with a delightful taste for color and adventure, and I feel like if they had a second chance to attempt that challenge they could probably come up with a much stronger model than they'd managed this time around. This just wasn't their day.
    panchox1TkattJern92im2cre8ivizxLyichir
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 558
    edited March 5
    It seems the last two weeks the people that lost were people that couldn't handle the twist. Not saying they aren't great builders, it's hard to come up with ideas let alone transitioning from one direction into a completely different direction especially when you have a very solid build going. Manny and Nestor had a fun western scene but went the wrong direction with the fantasy part. Krystle and Amie had great buildings but didn't have a solid concept for the attack (I personally would have had a bunch of smaller robots being controlled by a big robot, and all of them linked through cables or something).

I do have some observations about next week's episode:
    I'm excited for next week, but the preview at the end of episode 5 kind of gave away a little. Christian and Aaron's bridge appear to hold 1000 lbs. Mel and Jermaine's bridge and Sam and Jessica's bridge both hold the same number of weights, but it's hard to tell if it is the same amount of weight since there are different sizes of weights. Flynn and Richard's bridge appear to break when the first (maybe second) weight is put on it. It didn't show Boone and Mark's bridge or Tyler and Amy's bridge, so we'll have to see what that is all about. Also, the episode is supposed to be about speed and bridges, I wonder where the speed part will come into play.

My family is really enjoying the show, hopefully it goes a couple of seasons.
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 109
    eggshen said:the episode is supposed to be about speed and bridges, I wonder where the speed part will come into play.

The preview showed cars on an incline track, pinewood derby style
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 261
    ^ I'm assuming the speed / car / derby build is for the golden brick and the bridge build is for the elimination.
    shikadi
    eggshen said:
    I do have some observations about next week's episode:
    I'm excited for next week, but the preview at the end of episode 5 kind of gave away a little. Christian and Aaron's bridge appear to hold 1000 lbs. Mel and Jermaine's bridge and Sam and Jessica's bridge both hold the same number of weights, but it's hard to tell if it is the same amount of weight since there are different sizes of weights. Flynn and Richard's bridge appear to break when the first (maybe second) weight is put on it. It didn't show Boone and Mark's bridge or Tyler and Amy's bridge, so we'll have to see what that is all about. Also, the episode is supposed to be about speed and bridges, I wonder where the speed part will come into play.
    I really hope Richard and Flynn don't get eliminated because of that. They're one of my favorite teams so far.
    for a change I felt Tyler and Amy were in the bottom, interesting shape, but in the end I thought it looked a bit boring and repetitive. the monster was kind of meh too. Mark and Boone are getting really strong, they are good at story and wacky creatures, though they more or less had twice the same theme, maybe that's their main strong point.
    This was probably one of the most exciting episodes of Lego Masters. It’s insane how 2 teams could tie for the top spot, especially how 1 of them build a bridge without a single Technic brick at all. I was as shocked as the judges were!

Still, glad to see R&F make it through (even if they just scraped by this week). Next week’s challenge seems to play more to their strengths, so we’ll see.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 950
    At first I was disappointed by how minimal the derby aspect of the episode was. Building bridges didn't seem very exciting when it was announced. But man the tension when they were adding the weights was great! It was pretty predictable who would be going home, though, once it was revealed that the build didn't meet the minimum requirements.
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 69
    The coverage of this show on the main site had a lot of negativity in the comments, which still baffles me. 

“Oh no, I clicked on an article I didn’t want to read! How dare brickset!”

Anywho, 3 generations watch and enjoy it in my family, including my wife who Doesn’t touch Lego or reality TV... til now. 

I look forward to each week and will download the other country’s series now that most other activities in our area are being cancelled/postponed. 
    SteveGpxchrisAanchir
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 69
    And yeah, the episode last night was gripping and entertaining even tho I have (had) little interest in bridge making. 
  • nuttamastabuildanuttamastabuilda USAMember Posts: 55
    Tyler and Amy should have won by virtue of not using any technic at all.

Any commentary out there whether they tested the two bridges off camera until they broke?  Would really like to know who the real winner was.
    SteveGpanchox1jnscoelhodaewoo
  • SteveGSteveG TNMember Posts: 33
    My wife is not a Lego fan at all and enjoys watching the show with me. She really got into this episode because she s an engineer and kept trying to do the math in her head with the bridges and how much they were holding up. 
    panchox1
    This week's episode was super fun to watch! I was completely shocked at how much weight to two tying bridges were able to hold.

Now that my guys The Bearded Builders have the golden brick, their chances of making it into the top two are getting really good. I think it's all going to come down to what the next few challenges are like. However from the preview of next week, I have a feeling about them making it through to the next round easily.

panchox1
  • KeilupKeilup Frisco, TXMember Posts: 165
    Tyler and Amy should have won by virtue of not using any technic at all.
    Yes, that's one reason.  Impressive to do that with no technic.  However, it was clear the Bearded Builders bridge was reaching it's limit - their were noticeable cracks on the end.  They both looked great, just very different looks, so you could argue aesthetics were a wash.  Tyler and Amy's bridge gave no indication they had reached a weight limit.  Since winner was suppose to be the bridge that held the most weight, it's clear in my mind Tyler and Amy should have won.

And Will's comment about someone getting fired because they didn't basically plan well was funny.  And pretty painfully spot on.  I laughed and cringed for someone behind the scenes at the same time.  That was a big fail on the producers part not to be prepared for this.

AstrobricksPyrobugdaewooSirBen
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 146
    I did think that Tyler and Amy's bridge was 'pretty' with the butterflies and all but the pretty wasn't very bridge like while the aesthetic appeal of the Bearded Builder's was very bridge like.
    LyichirPyrobug
    This was my favorite episode yet. I fondly remember doing something similar with popsicle stick bridges back in school, so it was fun to watch. There was a genuine tension, watching as each bridge collapsed.
    I'm a bit shocked by some of the remaining teams at this point, tbh. I felt genuinely bad for the losing team. They just couldn't catch a break this week, as one thing after another seemed to work against them.
    panchox1
    I think the only reason Tyler and Amy didn’t get the golden brick is because they’ve been winning so much. Their bridge plainly won seeing as it didn’t even crack (that we could see). 
    PyrobugSumoLego
    Sorry, didn't realize they delayed things like that. 
    I’d say one should assume this thread contains spoilers as soon as the episode has aired anywhere. I don’t read it starting on Thursday until I watch the show on my dvr.
    PyrobugSumoLegodatsunrobbie